Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anybody else noticing the increasing # of Mahboubian diaries?  (Read 787 times)

MirinHeight

I believe he is a good doc, but i do not like his marketing strategies, etc

I advise all of you to not believe a single diary where x ray pics and other pics are not provided.

I know LAgrowin's diary is legit, but I advise all of you to take these new diaries with a grain of salt if they are against posting pictures.

If legit and they do provide the x rays they receive, my apologies in advance.

Stay safe

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Quazar

• Banned: multiple accounts(Quazar & Lorii)
  • Visitor
Re: anybody else noticing the increasing # of Mahboubian diaries?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 02:20:50 AM »

When there is smoke there is fire. Trust your instincts! Something is very odd about the explosion of diaries from Dr. Mahboubian. The guys seems very shady to me. His website and marketing material are as used car salesman...ish as they come.

Android

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:22:05 AM »

Correlation does not imply causation, it's quite possibly a coincidence. We've had more diaries this year from Dr. Paley and Dr. Rozbruch too, is there a conspiracy theory for them as well? The simpler explanation could be that it's confirmation bias, since many disagree with Dr. Mahboubian's marketing strategy. Perhaps the truth is that more people have found this forum and that the economy has recovered enough for them to choose American doctors.

As for proof, every photo uploaded is an increased chance of getting doxxed, so I don't blame those who prefer to not share a thing. I mean, do you want to end up on Encyclopedia Dramatica like Apo?

They probably won't put in the effort to go that far, but you'd be surprised at how crazy some people are on the internet, including forums like this one. They'll reverse image search, compare writings, match up unique identifiers, find social accounts, etc. Not very hard to do when some overshare by posting photos without careful review, phone numbers, or reuse usernames on old forums.

This is why I suggested in the past that perhaps patients could bolster their credibility through a verification process with the mods. No need to show a ton of images or details publicly; they've been vetted and that's enough.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

The Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:01:54 AM »

This is why I suggested in the past that perhaps patients could bolster their credibility through a verification process with the mods. No need to show a ton of images or details publicly; they've been vetted and that's enough.
You are wrong for many reasons.First,although I trust the mods here,remember what happened in the old forum where the admin was corrupted and it led to a disaster.I would prefer to trust someone with my eyes instead of someone telling me that this guy is legit
Second,the privacy reasons are bulls*it
Noone in the world (neither your mother) can recognize you from xRays pictures,legs pictures,device pictures or if you blur your face with the tons of softwares available
Those that are writing poems without giving verifications are not to be trusted,only a naive or fool would do that
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Android

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 06:29:11 AM »

I'd love to see more photos, who wouldn't! They haven't said no since they haven't been asked, isn't it too hasty to start this kind of conspiracy thread anyway?

But let's get real here, there will always be a non-believer no matter how many photos are in a diary.

Not kidding about privacy. For instance, I've seen a clinic's name on an x-ray; with a little social engineering (i.e. find clinic's number and pretend to be a family friend), you could find that patient; companies have been compromised with less information. And as you may have seen, people post their email addresses and even phone numbers on this public forum. And you say that no one has been recognized from photos, but it has unfortunately happened on this forum.

I don't mind the push for better verification, but we shouldn't be careless either.

You know what's refreshing about hair loss clinics? They post photos of their patients themselves! If only CLL as a procedure was as mature as hair transplants.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Quazar

• Banned: multiple accounts(Quazar & Lorii)
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »

Correlation does not imply causation, it's quite possibly a coincidence. We've had more diaries this year from Dr. Paley and Dr. Rozbruch too, is there a conspiracy theory for them as well? The simpler explanation could be that it's confirmation bias, since many disagree with Dr. Mahboubian's marketing strategy. Perhaps the truth is that more people have found this forum and that the economy has recovered enough for them to choose American doctors.

In life i've learned to trust my instincts. When all of sudden out of the blue there are numerous patient experiences coming from Dr. Mahboubian, a doctor who barely had any patients before, a doctor that already has a very shady past and whose marketing methods are the lowest of the low among LL doctors, that is a big bright red flag waving in front of everyone's face.
Pages: [1]   Go Up