Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Propotion on femur  (Read 2918 times)

Tiger9898

Propotion on femur
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:16:30 AM »

Hi everyone,  I am currently 163 cm, and thinking about 6,2 cm femur lengthening.  But thing that comes to my mind is propotion. For example,  if I do 6,5 cm on femur, will I end up with having the same femur size as the person who is naturally around 185 cm? What do you think?  Why people prefer femur lengthening and they don't afraid of having longer femurs than other natural tall people?
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

short2tall

Re: Propotion on femur
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 06:50:43 AM »

Yes Tiger9898, you will have the femur length of a person who is much taller naturally, but it is still generally seen as the best way to go. For one thing, its pretty difficult to tell exactly where the torso ends and the femurs begin. You can make it even more difficult to notice with a longer shirt. I think tibias are more obvious if you go more than say 5 cm. Also femurs are cheaper (if you're going with an internal method) and considered safer as well.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

Tiger9898

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:32:53 AM »

Than you for the reply)  exactly, I am thinking in the same way. Femur lengthening can help anyone to make his torso looks longer with longer shirt.
Age-19

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 05:49:14 AM »

Everyone's proportions are different, so I suggest you do mockup photos of yourself to see what you look like at different femur lengths. That's what I did. I took a picture of myself from waist level in a mirror while holding a ruler next to my thigh. I then used MS Paint to add 2 inches or 3 inches to my femurs (based on the ruler). It was really easy.

My legs looked really unnatural at 3 inches, but 2 inches looked great, so that is what I am lengthening.

6'2_dream

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 02:25:51 PM »

friend
on average a person of 1,80m has around 50cm in femur and 38cm in tibias.
a person with 1.85m can have those 5cm distributed in torso. but some 6'1 feet (1.85m) can have this difference in the legs 53cm femur and 39-40cm in tibias depends a lot on individual face.
I think you will hardly have the femur longer than a person of 1.85m, only if you already have very long legs and short torso.

I have 1.78m and my femur has 42cm would have to do 8cm to have a male leg of 1.80m with 50cm of femur.
but I would have 1.85m.
then it is the opposite I would have legs of 1.80m but final height 1.84m.
 of course this is in my case!
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

Sanity

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 01:16:54 PM »

That is not the only trend. I would suggest u to go for tibias. There are many things:

-Ur tibias are probably short and stocky looking and shorter than ur femurs. so it would sit better.
-longer tibias are considered more attractive than longer femurs.(longer femurs just hide the height better)
-femurs have had more than double the rate of fractures post ll compared to tibias (google it)
-tibias will make ur overall legs look longer and longer legs on men and women are considered 'sxxy' by the opposite sxx. (google it)
-ur hands/arms will rest much higher on ur sides when standing and trust me that will make ur upperlimbs appear childish.(unless u have gigantic apelike arms)

Now the biggest thing:
- distracting ur femurs will stretch out ur hipflexors and make them tighter than their natural position. Basically ur illiopsoas, tfl, adductor magnus (and to some extent rectus femoris) will pull on ur lowerspine much much harder at the point where its attached. overtime this will cause u to have a duck posture with the butt sticking out and u wont be able to fix it with exercise.(it can only be fixed with extreme regimen of exercises if its tight but within the bone lengths) and trust me it looks so girlish and u even loose a 1-2cm of height. (google illiopsoas notorious for being a stubborn muscle). The anterior pelvic tilt could possibly also happen if u lengthen tibia too much but still because the knee would be taking the most pressure so the rectus femoris wont be as pulled so ur mostly safe.

-Other than having a permanent uncurable butt-out posture for the rest of ur life ul defenitely have back pains when ur 40+. Mostly in the lumbar spine and possibly in the thoracic spine. T-spine is a lesser probability but as u know the body is a kinetic chain from feet to neck so its a still a possibility. But lumbar spine herniated disk or atleast long-term back pain is a guarantee.

post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Tiger9898

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »

Thanks man for your detailed advice. I appreciate that. I wish i choose tibia lengthening ,but when I even wear my 5 cm elevator shoes, I am looking odd. Because of shorter femur at 163 cm. It is hard to hide prorportions with tibia lengthening compared to femur lengthening which can help you to  hide your longer femur if you wear an untucked shirt.
I know i have shorter tibia than my femur. And at my height, it is below average tibia height. But tibia is a bone that can be looking longer with lifts,but there is nothing for femur to make it look longer.  Recent times, some of my friends told me I have short femur and it looks childish. I wasn't surprised at all.
I already have a little lordosis mainly because of belly fat. With femur lengthening,it can be worse surely. Therefore, I am working to correct it before the surgery
Age-19

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »

Thanks man for your detailed advice. I appreciate that. I wish i choose tibia lengthening ,but when I even wear my 5 cm elevator shoes, I am looking odd. Because of shorter femur at 163 cm. It is hard to hide prorportions with tibia lengthening compared to femur lengthening which can help you to  hide your longer femur if you wear an untucked shirt.
I know i have shorter tibia than my femur. And at my height, it is below average tibia height. But tibia is a bone that can be looking longer with lifts,but there is nothing for femur to make it look longer.  Recent times, some of my friends told me I have short femur and it looks childish. I wasn't surprised at all.
I already have a little lordosis mainly because of belly fat. With femur lengthening,it can be worse surely. Therefore, I am working to correct it before the surgery
well at 163 u probably have much shorter tibia. even if u lengthen ur femur ur knees would be lower than guyz shorter than u. that would look conspicuous at the least. a longer tibia can actually make ur femur appear longer when standing and when sitting also(ur knees are raised) but vice versa is not true. consider that!
 but if u cant lengthen both bones and must choose to lengthen only one i will strongly recommend tibia due to plethora of advantages.
anyways the most important thing is u go thru the surgery well and end up without any complications femur or tibia.

Wish u best of luck whichever bone u choose and take care.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Tiger9898

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »

Thanks, i will take into consideration your advice again
For now, I can't lengthen both bones because I have limited time and I can't afford that . But I will lengthen the another one in the future as my starting height is so short.
Age-19

6'2_dream

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 03:35:16 PM »

Friend, you are exaggerating.
when you do an LL in the beginning you stretch the muscle and have, then there is a process of reconstruction of the muscles, this creates a longer and bigger muscle and it stops being stretched, if they are children who grow would have their muscles stretched and would not develop .
the body adapts and reconstructs everything with enough dedication physiotherapy etc.
logically respecting the maximum capacity of each person, if you reach the limit you will actually have the atrophied musculatora.
and external methods are usually worse for muscle recovery.
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m
Pages: [1]   Go Up