Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else notice this?  (Read 3079 times)

yogobro298

• Visitor
Anyone else notice this?
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:52:46 AM »

I've always realized tall people never seem to ever get picked on or sized up.It's always the short guys who have to hold their ground or keep their head up per say.

I always thought working out would eliminate this probably,but in some ways the problem kind of grew.Because Tall guys see me as a "threat" not saying im huge or anything I'm far from it.
I really never understood this.

Does anyone else understand where I'm coming from?

Android

Re: Anyone else notice this?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:23:45 AM »

You must be quite young, surrounded by kind peers, or maybe you're taller than you think you are to be noticing this now. It's height discrimination.

It's just a fact of life: those who don't respect you will make it a point to knock you down a few notches by pointing out a flaw or something that they're better at than you. It's a way to feel good about themselves, satisfying their need to feel less insecure.

Women are vicious to each other about what they wear, who they're with, what someone said, etc. Similarly men put each other down, and the low-hanging fruit is height. You'll notice that if a small guy works out a lot some people will say that he's compensating for his height, while average or taller men won't get negative comments.

As I said, it's about respect. The older you get the less you'll hear these putdowns in the open, because it's immature to do so. However, they might be talking behind your back or base decisions on how they perceive you without your input. For example, taller men (and thinner women) earn more money than their peers.

And let's be clear that this isn't restricted to height, it's just another flavor of discrimination. It can be your weight, age, disability, education, gender, nationality, race, religion, etc. We all make conscious and unconscious decisions based on these facets no matter how unbiased you think you are, some are just much worse about it. That being said, many seem to deny the existence of height discrimination, which is probably why short stature is still openly mocked.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 06:44:34 AM »

You'll notice that if a small guy works out a lot some people will say that he's compensating for his height, while average or taller men won't get negative comments.

Well, that bit is just an uncomfortable truth. Tall-ish guys can be naturally attractive without much effort.

It's a good thing that it's possible to compensate, though. I didn't know 5'5 men could look so physically attractive until I saw pics of Jeff Nippard. Definitely better looking than most men taller than himself. I thought all short men were relegated to being only facially attractive.

ZUCC420

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:41:01 PM »

Not only that but everyone treats you like an immature kid, I am 20 years old but everyone think's I can't be responsible for anything. I always wanted to be treated like a man but that ain't ever happening when you are 163 cm or 5'4".
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »

Well, that bit is just an uncomfortable truth. Tall-ish guys can be naturally attractive without much effort.

It's a good thing that it's possible to compensate, though. I didn't know 5'5 men could look so physically attractive until I saw pics of Jeff Nippard. Definitely better looking than most men taller than himself. I thought all short men were relegated to being only facially attractive.
I don't think he looks good. He looks shorter than 5.5.
Lee Priest who is 5.45 looks way better and taller than him.

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 12:31:44 AM »

I just think Nippard looks better to women.

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 11:41:58 PM »

I just think Nippard looks better to women.
lol

extremis

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 01:21:40 AM »

Lol.

You know how I know you've never been "shredded" as a short man?

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 01:38:28 AM »

Lol.

Hey there, extremis. I'll send you a PM about something in the next few days.

And yeah, I'm aware it's not possible to fully compensate for it.

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 05:59:58 AM »

Lol.

Honestly though being shredded isn't all that IMO.

extremis

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »

Honestly though being shredded isn't all that IMO.

That's precisely what I was saying. Having a "shredded" body is hardly even impressive anymore. If you're in the U.S., the number of young men going to the gym and getting "ripped" is higher than it's ever been, and the number is only going to go up over time. Being shredded may have been noteworthy in 1970, but in 2018, Tinder, Tumblr, Snapchat, and all other forms of social media are absolutely overflowing with guys showing off their physiques. It's basically a dime-a-dozen thing nowadays.

Even if it weren't, being "shredded" doesn't create sexual market value/raw physical attraction where it wouldn't otherwise exist. A 5'9"+ guy who's shredded is a shredded guy. A 5'5" guy who's shredded is a short guy. To the overwhelming majority of women, 10% bodyfat with visible abs on a short guy is about as appealing as rotten, moldy cake with a dash of whipped cream on top.

Knik

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 09:59:12 AM »

he have an horrible body, he looks about 155cm
Looking for Pili

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »

he have an horrible body, he looks about 155cm
The older I get the more, I start to think having all that muscle doesn't look good on smaller frames.They have obviously put in hard work,but its not that appealing imo. I would rather have a runners physique.

Knik

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »

The older I get the more, I start to think having all that muscle doesn't look good on smaller frames.They have obviously put in hard work,but its not that appealing imo. I would rather have a runners physique.

when you have short arms it's ugly
Looking for Pili

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »

In general all these physiques are built with steroids which allows you to build far far more muscle than you can naturally. It’s not appealing to women and the vast majority of people are aware the bodies are steroid built. The physiques attained steroid free look better in general to women. Certain muscles in particular on steroids get hugely inflated which makes you look cartoonish like the delts, traps and thighs. The funny thing about vast majority of these guys as well is half can’t even properly squat 225 and struggle to curl 35lb dumbells

Zeo

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »

That's precisely what I was saying. Having a "shredded" body is hardly even impressive anymore. If you're in the U.S., the number of young men going to the gym and getting "ripped" is higher than it's ever been, and the number is only going to go up over time. Being shredded may have been noteworthy in 1970, but in 2018, Tinder, Tumblr, Snapchat, and all other forms of social media are absolutely overflowing with guys showing off their physiques. It's basically a dime-a-dozen thing nowadays.

Even if it weren't, being "shredded" doesn't create sxxual market value/raw physical attraction where it wouldn't otherwise exist. A 5'9"+ guy who's shredded is a shredded guy. A 5'5" guy who's shredded is a short guy. To the overwhelming majority of women, 10% bodyfat with visible abs on a short guy is about as appealing as rotten, moldy cake with a dash of whipped cream on top.

Yea you sound like you're a shredded beefcake with the body of a greek god
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

myloginacct

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »

lol

He seems to be the right amount of shredded.

https://www.instagram.com/jeffnippard/

It's better than looking like this:

But this is too much for non body builders:

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »

He seems to be the right amount of shredded.

https://www.instagram.com/jeffnippard/

It's better than looking like this:

But this is too much for non body builders:

You're posting pictures of these people,but looks are subjective its just a small piece of the pie.
Money,and status play a role too. Some women would choose Daniel Rad over Jeff just because of his money and status like I said its all subjective.

Knik

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »

You're posting pictures of these people,but looks are subjective its just a small piece of the pie.
Money,and status play a role too. Some women would choose Daniel Rad over Jeff just because of his money and status like I said its all subjective.

What do you need to have a gf :

- be taller than everybody
- be muscular and athletic
- be pretty -if you don't have blue or green eyes it's over-
- be a Hollywood actor
- have millions of dollars
- be optimistic, generous, romantic, virile, fashion, interesting, cultivated
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »

I was specifically talking about physical attractiveness in a 5'5 male. I think Jeff's look beats Priest's and Radcliffe's, in that sense. That's really all.

Knik

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »

I was specifically talking about physical attractiveness in a 5'5 male. I think Jeff's look beats Priest's and Radcliffe's, in that sense. That's really all.

but they are all under 5-5
Radcliffe should be like 5-3
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 06:45:10 PM »

but they are all under 5-5
Radcliffe should be like 5-3

Why do you believe Radcliffe is 5'3?

extremis

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »

Yea you sound like you're a shredded beefcake with the body of a greek god

Sounds like what I said struck a nerve. If you're that offended by a statement of fact, it just goes to show how true it really is. Uncomfortable truths generally elicit passive-aggressive responses like this from people nowadays.

Absolutely not. There's very little "subjective" about looks. Physical attractiveness is about geometric and biological axioms like angularity, symmetry and sexual dimorphism

https://www.goldennumber.net/beauty/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003347207000565

Faces and bodies are thought to be signals of mate quality in humans. Most research on attractiveness has focused on faces or bodies separately, whereas our preferences have evolved based on both seen together. [...] For both sexes, face attractiveness predicted overall attractiveness more strongly than did body attractiveness, and this difference was significant in males. [...] A component associated with attractive traits in the male face, and in females both a face and body component, significantly predicted overall attractiveness. Our results validate the assumption that studying faces and bodies separately in the context of mate choice will produce biologically meaningful results and suggest that face and body attractiveness may convey potentially independent signals about an individual's mate quality.

In other words, "body" (where "body" refers to physique) contributes more to female attractiveness ratings by men than it does to male attractiveness ratings for women. In the latter, facial attractiveness was much more highly selected for.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1090513899000148

Symmetry may act as a marker of phenotypic and genetic quality and is preferred during mate selection in a variety of species. Measures of human body symmetry correlate with attractiveness, but studies manipulating human face images report a preference for asymmetry. These results may reflect unnatural feature shapes and changes in skin textures introduced by image processing. When the shape of facial features is varied (with skin textures held constant), increasing symmetry of face shape increases ratings of attractiveness for both male and female faces. These findings imply facial symmetry may have a positive impact on mate selection in humans.

Money and status shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as physical traits when speaking of physical attractiveness. Money and status don't increase your attractiveness to women the same way that height and face do. Not even close. Being rich or famous will attract gold diggers and Instagram camwh*res who want to take your money or increase their own status. They don't want you. They want your money/fame. How you could ever be in a relationship with a person that finds you physically repulsive but tolerates you because of what she can get from you monetarily is beyond me.

Knik

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 08:52:25 PM »

His gf is 5'7, so I'd say 5'5 is accurate.

even Rob Paul list him at 5-4, if that guy is 5-5 I will do like Apo and do 8" in each segment
Rob Paul is still too generous, he is 5-3
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:00:47 PM by Knik »
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:16 PM »

even Rob Paul list him at 5-4, if that guy is 5-5 I will do like Apo and do 8" in each segment
Rob Paul is still too generous, he is 5-3

I actually believe the 5'5 in his case.

If he is actually 5'3, what does that make his mother?

W

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 12:09:01 PM »

I've always realized tall people never seem to ever get picked on or sized up.It's always the short guys who have to hold their ground or keep their head up per say.

I always thought working out would eliminate this probably,but in some ways the problem kind of grew.Because Tall guys see me as a "threat" not saying im huge or anything I'm far from it.
I really never understood this.

Does anyone else understand where I'm coming from?

It makes perfect sense. For many guys (including myself) when we see an overly shredded guy our instinct is that he's gearing up for a fight. On a primitive level you would only build up that kind of muscle for a fight, not for war or battle as part of a team but rather just yourself against an individual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up