Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4cm + 4cm + 4cm with Paley  (Read 1653 times)

childish_bambino

• Visitor
4cm + 4cm + 4cm with Paley
« on: March 04, 2018, 04:05:28 AM »

Hey Y'all,
Im planning on doing the 4cm, wait a year, 4cm, repeat process with Paley (precise II), for a hopeful 12cm gain. I'm 154 trying to be 166. My only question is, how long would each recoup time be? 4cm internal.

I don't need to be walking normally, just on crutches to go to my school (we have good public transportation, so its just the walking to classes part that scare me, I can take train for everything else) also, 50% of my classes are webcasted, so I don't need to go to school that much. I just wanna know if I do the surgery summer break (3 months long) would I only be walking in crunches for the first month of the semester? (4 months long)

Basically, whats the minimum recoup time?

FormerKidd

Re: 4cm + 4cm + 4cm with Paley
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »

So you're planning to do 4cm each, each summer for three years?  Once on tibia, twice on femur? 

Android

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 07:07:41 AM »

So you're planning to do 4cm each, each summer for three years?  Once on tibia, twice on femur? 

I understood it as bilateral tibias then femurs (or the other way around).

Let's see, you'll probably start lengthening a week or so after surgery, round it up to 10 days. Lengthening 4 cm, so let's say roughly 40 days. According to the FAQ, patients are fully weightbearing without crutches one month after femurs, two months after tibias. You should be able to minimize time in crutches as long as you start right after summer vacation starts.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:18:23 PM »

That seems way too complicated. It'd be better to do something like 4cm tibias and 7cm femurs for a 11cm gain.

Also, please excuse me, but I checked your post history. Aren't you Asian and female? Those are two groups with increased risks in CLL. A shorter starting height means you generally can lengthen less than taller peers too. Please make sure you did all your research right before going through this.

lucindaris

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »

Better split this into 2 surgeries and get more time for rehabilitation
Pages: [1]   Go Up