Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else have a hard time believing how small they really are?  (Read 1840 times)

CaptainAmerica

I know I'm short, on paper I know I'm no taller than 5'6 but I don't personally feel that small. It's always a rough-day when I see photos of myself, or other 5'6 dudes, and we look absolutely tiny compared to other people. I see photos of guys who are 5'6 and I just can't imagine looking like them, it's incomprehensible to me, I don't feel like I look that small (even though I do in real life).

Android

Re: Anyone else have a hard time believing how small they really are?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:26:15 PM »

I feel pretty normal most of the time, since this is my natural height after all. Though recently I was with a group of 40 people I haven't met before and noticed I was the shortest guy there. There were maybe two women shorter than me, and not by much. Times like that reminds me of just how short I am. Meeting new people naturally has us more curious about how we compare to others in a myriad of attributes.

I mostly spend time with familiar people or I'm by myself, so comparisons like the above doesn't happen much.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »

Nah i don't. Mostly because my girlfriends never complained about my size.

Doe i heard a lot of comments about being too girthy for them.

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »

Nah i don't. Mostly because my girlfriends never complained about my size.

Doe i heard a lot of comments about being too girthy for them.

You have developed a pretty strong mind...

Android

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 12:18:47 AM »

Gotta love turian humor!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Not really
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 02:14:52 AM »

I don't really think much about how small/short I am. But when I'm around others, it's pretty obvious.

These are my best friends that I made over the past ~10 years (I'm in my late 30s). All men are taller than me (including the one who took the photo), and so are two of the five women. The photo is from my farewell party before the surgery.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:44:38 AM by OverrideYourGenetics »
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

google42

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »

This feeling kind of fluctuates for me. Sometimes I feel normal, other times I feel really short. I'm no taller than 5'6" that's for sure. I think it also depends on where I am and how many people there are. At home I feel almost normal cause my family is short but when I'm out in public I feel shorter. There are also a few times when I don't feel that bad out in public because I will see a few people who are shorter than me, it makes me feel good when I'm not the shortest one somewhere.

myloginacct

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »

I feel jealous of the good looking tall dudes, but I feel worse seeing the women who are taller than myself (and are not actually very tall).

Doesn't help everyone else seems to be getting taller than their parents while the opposite trend has been happening in my family.

myloginacc

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 11:03:54 PM »

I remembered this thread because I have been thinking of BDD again. I thought we just felt small because we are indeed that small. However, I have been abandoning that conclusion. There's definitely a pervasive element of BDD in some members here, including myself. I think the concept of BDD only does not apply to men under 170cm.

This is not to discredit the idea of getting taller: you do treat gender dysphoria with sex reassignment when the person needs their body to match certain standards - as much as modern science allows for.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Canon

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 07:11:25 AM »

Have the same problem with 6'1

Don't feel tall enough

InFullStryde

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 09:02:11 AM »

Ha, ha. At 5'1" I'm more shocked with how big everything is. Lol. Have a good night guys.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »

So, i'm 6.05(1,84m) and the most tall in 90% of places, because i'm Brazililian. And average here is 5'7 to 5'9 (I want be 6'3)

I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs
Pages: [1]   Go Up