Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What pain is most similar to LL recovery pain?  (Read 1648 times)

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
What pain is most similar to LL recovery pain?
« on: March 08, 2018, 03:08:49 AM »

I'm doing research into alternatives to painkillers (opiate addiction is not fun) and would like to know what conditions have pains most similar to those during lengthening. Fibromyalgia? Tendinitis? As you can imagine, "leg lengthening" is not very popular :)
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

myloginacct

Re: What pain is most similar to LL recovery pain?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

I've seen it described as low as a 1/10 pain in tibias to "the most pain you'll experience in your life; LL is no joke".

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 04:35:45 PM »

I've seen it described as low as a 1/10 pain to "the most pain you'll experience in your life".

Right, but that's degree. I was wondering about nature, because different painkillers work best for different types of pain - eg. musculoskeletal vs. neuropathic.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »

This section of the forum seems to be mostly read by people doing research on LL, so I think you'd get faster replies by asking in diaries or PMing LL vets (they should get an e-mail notification).

olivine

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:38:41 PM »

I've had my leg lengthened and also got tendonitis before. LL is some of the most pain I've been in. I couldn't walk when I had tendonitis because it was too painful to put any weight on my leg but I didn't actually find it that painful. Just uncomfortable and inconvenient. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up