Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Change in Height Around the World Over the Last 100 Years  (Read 6074 times)

CaptainAmerica

Re: The Change in Height Around the World Over the Last 100 Years
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »

I agree with GeTs, myloginacct you are delusional and coping with this "nice guy" bull  and "30+ year old women" bull . You will wake up one day and get hit by a truck and realize we were right all along, but it will be too late for you then. I would rather be a 6'2 good looking HOMELESS guy than Mark Zuckerberg, no woman will ever truly feel love or lust for someone like Zuck, sorry, and that's why he was never accepted into a quality fraternity and had to become a programmer slave in college instead of enjoying his youth like everyone else. You're missing the fact is, even if he gets a nice sweet wife who may "love him" the bedroom will be dead in 2 weeks and she will divorce him for half his wealth once the novelty wears off and go find a young hot husband. That's why he married an ugly asian girl, because he isn't dumb, and he knew that would happen, obviously that ugly asian girl doesn't have better options.

myloginacct

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »

Smh you are the worst kind of person. Low sentience nerd. I can't take any of your advice seriously now, I'm sorry. From the "hurr durr I have a 5'5 friend he does the best with women of anyone I know cuz he is nice!:)" to the "Just get a third world wife or sxx work bro!" fking lol. Why are you even getting LL then mate? Just be a "nice confident guy" and go to the Philippines.

You might be having a stroke. I'm seeing words, but they don't seem to be forming a semblance of coherence.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 08:20:50 PM »

You might be having a stroke. I'm seeing words, but they don't seem to be forming a semblance of coherence.

Nevermind, we exist in entirely different realities, honestly. We will never see eye to eye and that's fine. If you are a traditional old 35+ dude I can see how you see the world in the way you do, but it is very different from how it is for young guys, the world is just different now.

Android

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:33 PM »

Honestly, I'd rather have the money. I can open way more doors with billions of dollars. It's like wishing a genie for more wishes, and I could just get CLL.

This is because height didn't bother me until I was older, while money has. Just my preference for this "would you rather" game.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

GeTs

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »

Honestly, I'd rather have the money. I can open way more doors with billions of dollars. It's like wishing a genie for more wishes, and I could just get CLL.

This is because height didn't bother me until I was older, while money has. Just my preference for this "would you rather" game.

cope

myloginacct

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »

Also, let me continue with my "nice guy act": I never suggested going ahead getting "a third-world wife". That was a comment by IWannaBeTaller that I made a remark upon.

I think it's disgusting to "shop" for women coming from much poorer backgrounds because you can't seem to find anyone to like you. It is sadly an easy reality and option for men in the first-world, and it is also rife with opportunities for abuse of said women. I hate it, if I did not make that clear enough before.

And by the way, sorry that the success of my 166cm friend got you so triggered too. Lol

GeTs

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »

Also, let me continue with my "nice guy act": I never suggested going ahead getting "a third-world wife". That was a comment by IWannaBeTaller that I made a remark upon.

I think it's disgusting to "shop" for women coming from much poorer backgrounds because you can't seem to find anyone to like you. It is sadly an easy reality and option for men in the first-world, and it is also rife with opportunities for abuse of said women. I hate it, if I did not make that clear enough before.

And by the way, sorry that the success of my 166cm friend got you so triggered too. Lol

How to end a cuckold 101: just follow this guy advice

myloginacct

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »

More like a question of IQ.

Hard to believe there are people who think Zuckerberg wouldn't be able to date women that a 6'2, good looking homeless guy could. And the only reason to choose the being latter is because you want to have a lot of sex with good looking women. Which is still something Zuckerberg could do. Meanwhile, there's a lot of women who the homeless guy could never have - he'd be just a good looking, but unintelligent bum. Nevermind the billions in wealth he's missing. The choice is obvious.

GeTs

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2018, 09:12:56 PM »

Hard to believe there are people who think Zuckerberg wouldn't be able to date women that a 6'2, good looking homeless guy could. And the only reason to choose the being latter is because you want to have a lot of sxx with good looking women. Which is still something Zuckerberg could do. Meanwhile, there's a lot of women who the homeless guy could never have - he'd be just a good looking, but unintelligent bum. Nevermind the billions in wealth he's missing. The choice is obvious.

this guy..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just fking LOL

whatever makes you happy

Knik

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2018, 09:19:09 PM »

this kind of controversy should be avoid, everything have this opinion about it and nobody care about Zuckerberg
it's a bit hard to believe that he is 5'7 seeing how he get dwarfed with random basketball players (I don't know anyone in the picture while I know most NBA players and tall college players)
if he is 5'7 then all guys around him are 7'1 / 7'2 while it's the height of Porzingis and he is one of the tallest actual player
Looking for Pili

GeTs

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2018, 09:21:47 PM »

this kind of controversy should be avoid, everything have this opinion about it and nobody care about Zuckerberg

why? didn't you hear it?

It's how nice you are, how much you love them that they will appreciate. Your personality.
Guy on the right wins because of how nice he is.
One has to only look at his life and see how it has been because of one genetic trait: height. Same thing happens for face, shouldn't be a surprise.

Knik

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2018, 09:27:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/mattburgess1/status/841752843581296640
looks like he is in Avatar
average in NBA is officially 6'7 but some players are overlisted and they are all listed in shoes then it's most likely  6'5 / 6'6
and it's even less in NCAA
but here it looks like the average is 7'3, it's not possible
I have seen pictures of Shaquille O neal next to 5'10 5'11 guys and they were ok
http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22727 according to the website of the team the tallest player is 7ft (213cm) others are more like 195-205 and college teams are usually cheating more with height so it could even be less

Looking for Pili

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »

Oh god, the autists strike again.

Wasn't "GeTs" the dude who posted a pic of his face on the forum to prove he was "extremely good looking"? And then sent pictures of his dck in PMs to prove it was big? And don't even get me started on the "no woman will ever feel true love for Zuckerberg" bull , SMH.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Android

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2018, 09:47:47 PM »

And don't even get me started on the "no woman will ever feel true love for Zuckerberg" bull , SMH.

Hear, hear!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

GeTs

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »

Good post by OP anyway, I was interested in countries with low height so this came in time..

The part later just eent full retard mode

Knik

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »

For me the interesting stat is Yemen. I'm curious about it. Poverty can't be the main excuse as others countries like Irak or Somalia have a much taller average
Looking for Pili

extremis

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »

Hard to believe there are people who think Zuckerberg wouldn't be able to date women that a 6'2, good looking homeless guy could. And the only reason to choose the being latter is because you want to have a lot of sxx with good looking women. Which is still something Zuckerberg could do. Meanwhile, there's a lot of women who the homeless guy could never have - he'd be just a good looking, but unintelligent bum. Nevermind the billions in wealth he's missing. The choice is obvious.

Hard to believe you think he would.

Mark Zuckerberg could "have sex with good-looking women" if he PAID them, or if they were otherwise out for his money in some way (blackmail to prevent a scandal, sugar daddy, etc), but they would be physically disgusted by him.

As for the "tons" of women a homeless guy could never have:

http://www.etonline.com/news/178280_kendall_jenner_and_gigi_hadid_turned_this_homeless_man_into_a_male_model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1295895/Rags-riches-movie-fame-homeless-man-Chinas-sexiest-tramp.html

https://hypebeast.com/2015/7/new-documentary-investigates-the-life-of-a-homeless-male-model

http://www.verygoodlight.com/2017/05/04/octavio-hair/

I'm sure there's "lots" of women who would genuinely consider Zuckerberg more attractive than these men. Lmfao. Get real. It's also idiotic to consider them "unintelligent" or "low IQ" just because they're homeless. IQ is a common coping mechanism for unattractive men who are unsuccessful with women. It's pathetic, childish, and little more than a made-up metric used by ugly men to feel superior in some way to attractive men. "I might be undesirable, but at least I'm smart!"

All of the most intelligent people I've met don't know or care what their IQ is, because they're too busy learning and being productive. These days "IQ" is only brought up by narcissistic MENSA losers and alt-right "race realist" mongrels.

I would say there's actually an inverse correlation between how much a person cares about "IQ" and how intelligent they actually are.

Well, the homeless guy still wouldn't have billions of dollars, right?

...Right?

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/jeremy-meeks-that-viral-male-model-felon-cheated-on-his-wife-for-rich-white-billionaire-heiress.551814/

LOL.

myloginacct

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »

Uh, my whole point is there isn't almost anything he can't fix with his money. He can get surgery for his height, his face, his hair, get the best personal trainers, with the best nutrition and workout plans, all up to a point he becomes physically attractive - all while keeping his influence, wealth, power, and intelligence. Maybe he'll never be as physically attractive as the homeless guy you're imagining, but he will still be legitimately attractive. The homeless guy would most likely never get anywhere near his wealth or social influence, and IQ (or intelligence, if you prefer) can't be significantly increased. And no matter how you spin it, no CEO woman, or maybe a pioneering science researcher, would rather constitute a family with a homeless guy over one of the most powerful, successful, and richest men in the world. In the way I see it, it's simple logic, and you guys are stuck in your own reality. I can't make it any clearer than this. I can only assume you all would rather have easy access to as many "hot women" as you possibly could, or something to that effect.
Anyway, each to their own, and I wasn't the one to start with the ad hominem. I'll just agree to disagree with your views.

And I do generally agree with your points about IQ!

But this isn't what the thread is about.

GeTs

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2018, 06:23:11 PM »

Uh, my whole point is there isn't almost anything he can't fix with his money. He can get surgery for his height, his face, his hair, get the best personal trainers, with the best nutrition and workout plans, all up to a point he becomes physically attractive - all while keeping his influence, wealth, power, and intelligence. Maybe he'll never be as physically attractive as the homeless guy you're imagining, but he will still be legitimately attractive. The homeless guy would most likely never get anywhere near his wealth or social influence, and IQ (or intelligence, if you prefer) can't be significantly increased. And no matter how you spin it, no CEO woman, or maybe a pioneering science researcher, would rather constitute a family with a homeless guy over one of the most powerful, successful, and richest men in the world. In the way I see it, it's simple logic, and you guys are stuck in your own reality. I can't make it any clearer than this. I can only assume you all would rather have easy access to as many "hot women" as you possibly could, or something to that effect.
Anyway, each to their own, and I wasn't the one to start with the ad hominem. I'll just agree to disagree with your views.

C O P E

extremis

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »

There's numerous problems with your assertions here

1.) Surgery cannot and will not ever successfully emulate natural good looks. Hair is probably the most fixable of the bunch at present and in the future (given upcoming solutions for hair loss), but again, there are VERY defined limits to what can and cannot be done with surgery.

A man who is decidedly facially unattractive (like Mark Zuckerberg) cannot and will not become conventionally attractive (i.e. male model looks) using plastic surgery. The technology simply isn't that advanced.

He can't and won't become tall either, not without visibly deforming himself.

In fact, I would argue that rich people who are also famous media icons like Mark Zuckerberg in fact cannot ANY surgeries to fix their looks AT ALL. Consider:

Everyone KNOWS what Mark Zuckerberg looks like right now, without having had any surgical procedures done to alter his face, height, hair, etc. If he were to get LL or facial surgery, everyone would notice IMMEDIATELY because there are hundreds of pictures of him taken from every conceivable angle all over the internet. His status makes it literally impossible to physically augment himself without facing severe social judgment and repercussions due to virtue signalling culture leading to him being criticized, shamed, mocked, etc to oblivion for his "insecurity".

Imagine if Justin Bieber had LL done to go from being 5'7" to being 5'10". Do you seriously think people wouldn't notice? Society at large is MASSIVELY turned off when men (applies to MEN primarily, women are largely given a free pass no matter how they alter their looks thanks to feminist "empowerment" culture) do ANYTHING to fraud or otherwise misrepresent their genetic value. Virtue-signallers pretend they've "lost respect" for the individual due to their "insecurity", but what they actually feel is disgust and innate revulsion: "the nerve of that undesirable man, trying to cheat his genetic destiny!"

As far as a female CEO or researcher or what-have-you not wanting to "constitute" a family with a homeless guy: you don't have any evidence this is true other than your own hopes, but it doesn't matter anyway, because even if it were true, the fact of the matter is this type of woman is generally not conventionally physically attractive (women in the STEM field, and corporate-ladder types, tend to be very frumpy. I don't think this really needs to be substantiated; just take a look at any year's graduating class in the STEM fields and look at the women).

Good-looking men generally don't care very much about whether or not undesirable women like them because they have tons of DESIRABLE women to choose from. I doubt male models, homeless or not, lose any sleep because frumpy Betty the Chemist has sour grapes syndrome and doesn't want him because he's "not intelligent enough" (whatever that means).

myloginacct

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2018, 01:21:26 AM »

What we have now probably isn't as bad as you think it is. Maybe I could find better, but I didn't want to spend too much time googling images. I just want to link these for now:

As for the other points, I don't really feel like continuing with the discussion when it's not the subject of the thread. My mindset is apparently completely different than the one you guys have here. I place more value on "Betty the Chemist/CEO" than the 9/10 "instagram model" or whatever you guys have in mind. So, yeah.

Android

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2018, 03:22:57 AM »

I wish Mark could see this conversation!

myloginacct

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2018, 04:12:40 AM »

I wish Mark could see this conversation!

He could actually achieve a much better body transformation too, if this scrawny Polish kid did it.

extremis

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2018, 04:44:44 AM »

What we have now probably isn't as bad as you think it is. Maybe I could find better, but I didn't want to spend too much time googling images. I just want to link these for now:

I don't dispute that present surgical techniques are effective to a certain extent in increasing a person's attractiveness above its baseline. What I said was:

A man who is decidedly facially unattractive (like Mark Zuckerberg) cannot and will not become conventionally attractive (i.e. male model looks) using plastic surgery.

This is entirely true. None of the men (or women) you posted, nor indeed any of those whose facial plastic surgery results can be found on the internet (that I have seen, at least), has ever achieved anything close to "model looks" using conventional craniofacial surgery.

Surgery CAN and (if you select a good surgeon) very often DOES "bump people up" a single tier; that is, the following is possible:

Unattractive -> Below average

Below average -> Average

Average -> Above average

And, theoretically,

Above-average -> Good-looking (though I've never seen an example of it)

In SOME select cases, it's possible to go up 2 "tiers" (from  "unattractive" to "average") when the root cause of your unattractiveness is a single major craniofacial deformity (like some of the people in your pics had). For most people, there isn't just one single flaw separating them from being above average or good looking.

Another big factor in the results shown by your pics, and something that helps Asian plastic surgery patients a LOT, is the fact that beauty standards in Asian cultures generally tend to focus on things being SMALLER and SLIMMER. Notice how in the pics you posted, in almost every single case, the person's skull/face gets SMALLER in the "after" picture, mostly because their jaws get shaved down.

It's much, much, MUCH easier to remove/shave down EXISTING bone than it is to install pseudo-bone (implants) that realistically and convincingly simulate natural bone structure, especially in areas where bones are generally very intricately shaped, tightly packed, or located in or around major and delicate organ systems such as the nose, eyes, etc (infra/supraorbital region in the eyes, zygoma and maxillary area in the midface, etc).

This is a massive, massive limitation of conventional facial cosmetic surgery that is the central reason why I say craniofacial surgery can never emulate natural good looks.

Android

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2018, 04:47:20 AM »

Haha, didn't mean so that he can take advice, but I just wonder how he'd react. Bunch of strangers debating your height, money, success, and cosmetic surgery options (while he battles the Cambridge Analytica scandal).

myloginacct

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »

Haha, didn't mean so that he can take advice, but I just wonder how he'd react. Bunch of strangers debating your height, money, success, and cosmetic surgery options (while he battles the Cambridge Analytica scandal).

Yeah, Zuckerberg was a bad one given the recent context. But give me a young Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, or any super successful shorter than average guy... I'll pick that over a homeless 6'2 dude.

Going back to original subject of the thread, though: one the reasons I theorized for the stagnation in height in India was the prevalence of vegetarian diets. However, look at Pakistani men 100 years later! It was possibly the country with no gains in height, and they're Muslims there, with much less qualms about consuming meat - I'd also guess access to meat only became easier in the last 100 years. Pakistanis and Indians are generally very close genetically, so maybe meat consumption isn't that important to make one group significantly taller than another. Genetics and healthcare still seem play the major role.

Too bad our Indian posters aren't as active anymore, though... I'd like to ask them if Indian Muslims are generally taller than Indian Hindus.

ivan

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »

Going back to original subject of the thread, though: one the reasons I theorized for the stagnation in height in India was the prevalence of vegetarian diets. However, look at Pakistani men 100 years later! It was possibly the country with no gains in height, and they're Muslims there, with much less qualms about consuming meat - I'd also guess access to meat only became easier in the last 100 years. Pakistanis and Indians are generally very close genetically, so maybe meat consumption isn't that important to make one group significantly taller than another. Genetics and healthcare still seem play the major role.

I think healthcare is the major factor here if we take into account that both nations are from the same genetic pool.

myloginacct

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »

I think healthcare is the major factor here if we take into account that both nations are from the same genetic pool.

I agree. I used generally, though, because that region of the world has so many tribes and different ethnic groups. The main genetic pool is still mostly the same, however, as we've pointed out.

For example, I'm no expert on this, but I know of the Hazaras (partially Mongols), the Pash tuns, etc.

In fact, I've just found this one neat map about the ethnic groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:54:37 PM by myloginacct »

myloginacct

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »

Oh dear, I can't link to the wikipedia article about Pash tuns because the forum filters "sh t" to "crap".

How nice.

Purushrottam

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2018, 06:42:02 PM »

Yeah, Zuckerberg was a bad one given the recent context. But give me a young Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, or any super successful shorter than average guy... I'll pick that over a homeless 6'2 dude.

Too bad our Indian posters aren't as active anymore, though... I'd like to ask them if Indian Muslims are generally taller than Indian Hindus.

I'm back. Historically, Afghans and Pakistanis were taller than Indians. This might have more to do with population density than meat consumptions (75% of Indians consume meat, but sparingly due to high costs.. like really meat is still too expensive for most non vegetarians).

Before modern medicine, high population density meant higher disease incidence, thus more childhood stunting. When the Europeans came to America, they noted how tall the Native Americans were (6ft, etc) while the European explorers were 5'5 - 5'7". This is also why Netherlands used to be the shortest country in Europe (high density).

Now, over the past 100 years, population densities in Afghanistan and Pakistan rose faster than they did in India. As a result the avg heights may have gone down (or not gone up as quickly).
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

myloginacct

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2018, 11:36:35 PM »

I'm back. Historically, Afghans and Pakistanis were taller than Indians. This might have more to do with population density than meat consumptions (75% of Indians consume meat, but sparingly due to high costs.. like really meat is still too expensive for most non vegetarians).

Before modern medicine, high population density meant higher disease incidence, thus more childhood stunting. When the Europeans came to America, they noted how tall the Native Americans were (6ft, etc) while the European explorers were 5'5 - 5'7". This is also why Netherlands used to be the shortest country in Europe (high density).

Now, over the past 100 years, population densities in Afghanistan and Pakistan rose faster than they did in India. As a result the avg heights may have gone down (or not gone up as quickly).

Thinking about your population density point and correlating it to our healthcare findings: you seem to be right on the money.

Imagine: all Paleo-Americans (generally called Paleo-Indians, but it's weird to use this in a post to an actual Indian) descend from eastern Siberian populations that crossed the ice bridge in the Bering Strait, during two distinct migration waves. However, despite the shared origin, we have those anecdotes from the European settlers of North America about the taller height of some of the peoples in the north of the Americas. Yet, go further south, to the epicenter of the Aztec, Mayan and Incan/Andean civilizations, and you have some of the shortest people in the world. Those were also the places with the highest population density in the Americas, pre-European arrival. Guatemala, one of the centers of Mayan civilization, has the shortest women on the planet to this day. Bolivians, much further south, but near the ancient centers of Andean civilizations, are also very short. This is all despite the shared origin of all native Americans in the eastern Siberian populations.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up