Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 year old with 2cm LLD and damaged growth plate  (Read 431 times)

kellyhilton

• Visitor
4 year old with 2cm LLD and damaged growth plate
« on: March 18, 2018, 05:04:29 PM »

I have recently discovered my 4year old son has LLD of 2cm.  He has something growing near his growth plate.  He has mri scan and xrays done, so far nothing too nasty has been detected, we know his femur is slightly curved and is shorter than the other. We do not have the full verdict yet as to what treatment he is too receive.  I have been trying hard to find some stories and discussions without any luck.  I am worrying yes, I know i don't have the full verdict yet but feel I need to do some research anyway.  I am wondering if anyone here who might be reading this could shed some light on what the potential treatments could be for a 4 year old who obviously has not done growing and has possibly a halted growth plate.  I am wondering if he would need several leg lengthen surgeries and of course my worst fear is amputation, because he is so young and his femur might of stopped altogether.  Thanks for reading, any thoughts or stories would be much appreciated. 

Android

Re: 4 year old with 2cm LLD and damaged growth plate
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 11:17:19 PM »

Not sure where you are, I'll assume the United States.

I'd recommend talking to an actual doctor that specializes in limb lengthening on children, such as Dr. Rozbruch in New York or Dr. Paley in Florida. Best of luck.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up