Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018  (Read 17500 times)

tallertree

Re: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2018, 09:03:07 PM »

Congratulations on a smooth lengthening process. I can relate to alot of your journey. I had surgery done with Dr. Betz recently and im at 4,3cm right now and aiming for around 8cm. Im feeling very little pain but i have developed wide legs recently. I haven't been clicking now for two days because i thought its easier to stretch the it band that way. I can walk without crutches and if i just manage to fix my wide legs i can walk normal.

Do you have any recommendations for me relating to wide legs? how did you get rid of your wide legs? 

Constantine

« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »

Congratulations on a smooth lengthening process. I can relate to alot of your journey. I had surgery done with Dr. Betz recently and im at 4,3cm right now and aiming for around 8cm. Im feeling very little pain but i have developed wide legs recently. I haven't been clicking now for two days because i thought its easier to stretch the it band that way. I can walk without crutches and if i just manage to fix my wide legs i can walk normal.

Do you have any recommendations for me relating to wide legs? how did you get rid of your wide legs?

thanks. wish you the best for your lengthening tallertree!
do you stay at Elkes house or are you lengthening at home now?
I stretched with my pt because stretching alone the it bands during lengthening was really difficult for me.
i have still wide legs and the duck ass relates to the wide legs.When i lie on my back and put my legs together i have a hollow cross. This is the way how the body corrects everything by himself and makes space for the shortened muscles and it bands. But it is not that much as during the lengthening. during lengthening you can't do anything to reduce the wide legs.Its a fight you can't win. of course you should stretch the it bands and everything else etc but this is just to try that your legs do not split too much. Because the lengthening process is such a huge intervention in the Muscles and IT bands its not possible to correct this with a little bit stretching.  It also depends from your genetics and it is very individual. I did pt 5 times a week but my wide legs was still getting wider and wider. My roommate never did pt but he has almost no wide legs and no duckass.
But the good news is after clicking the first thing my body started to correct was my wide legs. My legs are shoulder wide now when i stay. I can also put them together with almost no pain when i stay, this was not possible before. But when i put them together my duckass pops out . But during lengthening my duckass was popping out plus my legs was extrem wide.
For me Wide legs is not a big issue,the duckass is the most worst :(

tallertree

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »

thanks. wish you the best for your lengthening tallertree!
do you stay at Elkes house or are you lengthening at home now?
I stretched with my pt because stretching alone the it bands during lengthening was really difficult for me.
i have still wide legs and the duck ass relates to the wide legs.When i lie on my back and put my legs together i have a hollow cross. This is the way how the body corrects everything by himself and makes space for the shortened muscles and it bands. But it is not that much as during the lengthening. during lengthening you can't do anything to reduce the wide legs.Its a fight you can't win. of course you should stretch the it bands and everything else etc but this is just to try that your legs do not split too much. Because the lengthening process is such a huge intervention in the Muscles and IT bands its not possible to correct this with a little bit stretching.  It also depends from your genetics and it is very individual. I did pt 5 times a week but my wide legs was still getting wider and wider. My roommate never did pt but he has almost no wide legs and no duckass.
But the good news is after clicking the first thing my body started to correct was my wide legs. My legs are shoulder wide now when i stay. I can also put them together with almost no pain when i stay, this was not possible before. But when i put them together my duckass pops out . But during lengthening my duckass was popping out plus my legs was extrem wide.
For me Wide legs is not a big issue,the duckass is the most worst :(

I was at Elkes house for 2 weeks but im back home now. I try to stretch both with my PT and when im home and i have managed to fix the wide legs a bit actually. I told Dr. Betz about it and i asked him if i should pause the clicking, but he suggested to reduce the clicking to half speed instead and i started with that today and it feels good. This way i can fix the wide legs a bit.

About duckass, when did you get it and what should i do to avoid it?

Constantine

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2018, 07:43:16 PM »

I was at Elkes house for 2 weeks but im back home now. I try to stretch both with my PT and when im home and i have managed to fix the wide legs a bit actually. I told Dr. Betz about it and i asked him if i should pause the clicking, but he suggested to reduce the clicking to half speed instead and i started with that today and it feels good. This way i can fix the wide legs a bit.

About duckass, when did you get it and what should i do to avoid it?
I reduced also clicking from 20 to 15 clicks after 5 cm. That helped a lot to reduce the pain . And I splitted the clicks.
My duckass started round about 5 cm.
I think you can’t do anything to avoid it.if your lucky and have the right genetics you never get duck ass.  Stretching your quadriceps should help to keep it low as possible.

amaar

• Visitor
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2018, 09:44:42 PM »

hey Guys,

In 13 days its my 6 month after clicking. I can walk without crutches but far away from normal. I compensate my duckass with power.
Compared to other patients my leg strengh is/was never an issue also not bone healing. I have a 13mm nail anyways.
My biggest problem was always flexibility.

But most LL patients are (i dont know how to say this nice) weaklings.
Low pain tolerance, less leg muscles but higher flexibility. Some are bending there legs in such a position I would never be able to reach. :P

Dr Betz said before the operation that the patients need 3 to 6 months after clicking to walk.
in my case since I did 10+ obviously 6 months.
But I consider real walking not 5 minutes long with duckass and pressure on the lower back. :D :D

I consider walking, halfway normal walking with a slide duckass for 30 minutes.
I would be happy if this would be possible in the next 4 months.

But I think you will be fine after 2, 3 months. Dont try to push your self too hard. its easier that way.
I for myself accepted that i am handicapped and that my body needs time, time, time. 

It took one 10+ friend 5 months after cllicking the other one 6 months.

Constantine

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »

hey Guys,

In 13 days its my 6 month after clicking. I can walk without crutches but far away from normal. I compensate my duckass with power.
Compared to other patients my leg strengh is/was never an issue also not bone healing. I have a 13mm nail anyways.
My biggest problem was always flexibility.

But most LL patients are (i dont know how to say this nice) weaklings.
Low pain tolerance, less leg muscles but higher flexibility. Some are bending there legs in such a position I would never be able to reach. :P

Dr Betz said before the operation that the patients need 3 to 6 months after clicking to walk.
in my case since I did 10+ obviously 6 months.
But I consider real walking not 5 minutes long with duckass and pressure on the lower back. :D :D

I consider walking, halfway normal walking with a slide duckass for 30 minutes.
I would be happy if this would be possible in the next 4 months.

But I think you will be fine after 2, 3 months. Dont try to push your self too hard. its easier that way.
I for myself accepted that i am handicapped and that my body needs time, time, time. 

It took one 10+ friend 5 months after cllicking the other one 6 months.

Hey amaar, I hope you can walk normal asap.
My bone healing is also not an issue but as yours at this moment my duckass makes it impossible to walk more then 5 steps without crutches .
How is your weekly improvement in relation to the end of clicking ? Is the improvement since you stopped clicking linear or is it much better for example since the 3rd month after clicking.
And you wrote in your case you can walk obviously 6 month after clicking. So in 13 days you think you can walk normal ? But now you can’t ?

For me my improvement until now is very slow and linear. In two weeks it’s 2 month that I stopped clicking. I really don’t know what to expect but From this stand It seems unbelievable  that I can walk without crutches in 6 weeks. But I hope so.
But you’re right I shouldn’t push it too hard . It just needs time ;)

amaar

• Visitor
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »

Sry for my writing.
Dr betz said that the patients need 3 to 6 months after lengthening in order to walk without crutches.
in my case (category 10cm+) it should be the 6 months. A patient who might have don only 6cm could do it probably in 3 months.

But i dont consider my walking normal. i can walk 5 minutes, with pressure on my lower back due to the duckass. I also have to concentrate a lot on my hips and that my feet are close together. But i guess its not a good idea to train that too often in my situation.

The biggest improvements you usually get directly after you stoped clicking.
In my case it was the time when i went for 6 weeks straight to rehab. I was 174cm max tall when i entered the clinic, when i left the clinic, my bending knees got better and i was 181cm.

At rehab, i had twice a day 25 min pt, 1x gym training, 20 min cycle training, 30 min kinotherapeutic, 25 min massage for legs and it bands, walk training etc..
the first 2 weeks where hell. I was so exhausted i fell right into my bed. I cyceld pretty slow and i was the worst patient in the pool. i could walk only 300 meter with crutches.

Remember when you had pt with peter and you had to lie at the edge of the pt bench and he took one leg on his shoulder and pressured the other one down. and with his legs he also tried to stretch the quadriceps. He teached me that all this muscle groups somehow are connected and for a good result its important to stimulate and stretch them together

But the Pt at the rehab was a little different then usual pt. Most of the time they tied my upper body with 3 plane seat belts to the physio bench, one leg was tied up with an adjustable rope system to the wall bars to eliminate the duckass completely.
They also tied up my pelvis in such a way that it could not move.
The other free not tied up leg was pressured with force to the bench.

Since we had only 25 minutes, after pt was over they tied my other free leg with another seatbelt to the bench. After 5 minutes the pt came back again and adjusted my upper leg more towards the direction of my upper body. usually after 15 min max 20 min the pain was to strong and i untied my self. I was sweating like a dog during each session. The Pt's said that there might be something wrong with my pain feel.

I also visited betz for x rays on april. and he said I had a huge duckass but besides that everythink was fine.

The second jump i did again at the rehab after i came back from elke.
My bending knees/duckass angle went from 45 degree to 20 (they measured the angle of my femur from the bench while i was lying straight.)

other than that, my improvements are to slow to measure it weekly. I add new stretching and training methods to trick the body somehow.
You should also try new stuff for a couple of weeks. Pts, chiropractors, osteopaths have all different solution for the duckass. I guess there is a bit truth in all of them. Dont try to find out which one works best for you, just do all of them to give your body new incentives.

How do you measure your duckass angle? I stand next to a wall with my butt and shoulders lean to it and i raise with some pressure both of my hands. Then the pt makes a mark on the highest position of my fingers. I measured it today and i was 4 cm higher then two months ago.

The reason why i think you will do fine in 2 months is that not only the duckass also your weak legs make you walk only 5 steps.
you can fight on two different problems. and leg strength is coming back even if u dont do anything for it ;D.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:40:57 PM by amaar »

Constantine

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »

Sry for my writing.
Dr betz said that the patients need 3 to 6 months after lengthening in order to walk without crutches.
in my case (category 10cm+) it should be the 6 months. A patient who might have don only 6cm could do it probably in 3 months.

But i dont consider my walking normal. i can walk 5 minutes, with pressure on my lower back due to the duckass. I also have to concentrate a lot on my hips and that my feet are close together. But i guess its not a good idea to train that too often in my situation.

The biggest improvements you usually get directly after you stoped clicking.
In my case it was the time when i went for 6 weeks straight to rehab. I was 174cm max tall when i entered the clinic, when i left the clinic, my bending knees got better and i was 181cm.

At rehab, i had twice a day 25 min pt, 1x gym training, 20 min cycle training, 30 min kinotherapeutic, 25 min massage for legs and it bands, walk training etc..
the first 2 weeks where hell. I was so exhausted i fell right into my bed. I cyceld pretty slow and i was the worst patient in the pool. i could walk only 300 meter with crutches.

Remember when you had pt with peter and you had to lie at the edge of the pt bench and he took one leg on his shoulder and pressured the other one down. and with his legs he also tried to stretch the quadriceps. He teached me that all this muscle groups somehow are connected and for a good result its important to stimulate and stretch them together

But the Pt at the rehab was a little different then usual pt. Most of the time they tied my upper body with 3 plane seat belts to the physio bench, one leg was tied up with an adjustable rope system to the wall bars to eliminate the duckass completely.
They also tied up my pelvis in such a way that it could not move.
The other free not tied up leg was pressured with force to the bench.

Since we had only 25 minutes, after pt was over they tied my other free leg with another seatbelt to the bench. After 5 minutes the pt came back again and adjusted my upper leg more towards the direction of my upper body. usually after 15 min max 20 min the pain was to strong and i untied my self. I was sweating like a dog during each session. The Pt's said that there might be something wrong with my pain feel.

I also visited betz for x rays on april. and he said I had a huge duckass but besides that everythink was fine.

The second jump i did again at the rehab after i came back from elke.
My bending knees/duckass angle went from 45 degree to 20 (they measured the angle of my femur from the bench while i was lying straight.)

other than that, my improvements are to slow to measure it weekly. I add new stretching and training methods to trick the body somehow.
You should also try new stuff for a couple of weeks. Pts, chiropractors, osteopaths have all different solution for the duckass. I guess there is a bit truth in all of them. Dont try to find out which one works best for you, just do all of them to give your body new incentives.

How do you measure your duckass angle? I stand next to a wall with my butt and shoulders lean to it and i raise with some pressure both of my hands. Then the pt makes a mark on the highest position of my fingers. I measured it today and i was 4 cm higher then two months ago.

The reason why i think you will do fine in 2 months is that not only the duckass also your weak legs make you walk only 5 steps.
you can fight on two different problems. and leg strength is coming back even if u dont do anything for it ;D.

Yes 6 month to walk normal sounds more realistic.
I never been in the rehab center. I leaved the clinic after 10 days and took my pt sessions in my hometown. By knees was also bended so much . But i could stand straight after 4 weeks, when I was sitting on my sofa I put a little weights on my knees to make my leg stay straight:) it really worked good.

I feel that I can walk more steps now without crutches but I don’t want to try it. I want to be secure and wait for the x rays and dr Betz advise.
I didn’t measure my duckass , i am taking photos every week and by looking I check if it is getting better or not. And it’s really slow.

Today I had the feeling that I am taller, maybe it’s because of my duckass . I hope so.

You’re doing good improvements I think, 4 cm higher is a lot for duck ass. Recovery is longer for you but At the end you did it to be taller and you did 10cm. If you recover well a few month later you will laugh about all that ;)

Constantine

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2018, 09:19:40 PM »

Hallo everybody,

a Little Update.

It’s almost 6 month post surgery now and 11 weeks since I stopped clicking .
End of the month i will hit the magic 3 month post clicking.

My duck ass has improved but it is still very present. I can walk longer distances now and I am going to my usual work everyday. Small distances at home I am doing without crutches now. My strength is also coming back slowly. I hit the gym almost everyday to get back in shape. I am doing also leg press etc. My knees hurts sometimes since I started to walk small distances without crutches at home I don’t know why.
To be still on crutches since 6 month  really sucks. I don’t think that I can walk after three month post clicking . Not because of the strength or bone healing , it’s because of my duckass . But i try to stay positiv because there is a noticable progress week to week. I am going to the sea soon for two weeks.this will be the last two weeks for the full 3 month post clicking . There I will try to exercise and swim as much as possible...I hope Dr. Betz will be Right with saying that i wil be able to walk 3 month after clicking .

tallertree

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »

Good to hear you are making progress. I wonder though, how often did you stretch your legs during the lengthening?

Constantine

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »

Hello people,

i just wanted to give an update.
I am now 3 month post clicking and almost 8 month after surgery.I sent my x rays on monday to Dr Betz. He said that my bone healing is excellent and i don't need the crutches anymore. I even don't need to do x rays until i want to remove my nails. I don't have any nail bending or broken screws, everything looks fine. Also my roommate who is now 3 month post clicking has no nail bending.  A lot of people here at the forum scared me that my nail will break etc. this was senseless.
I was at the sea for holiday two weeks. I was swimming and stretching everyday. From now i try to walk the most of the time without crutches. before i was walking small distances without crutches already and at home all the time.
Walking without crutches works quite well for middle distances and gets better everyday. After some distance my lower back and my legs hurts or gets sour. My duckass is still my biggest issue and it is improving but slowly. I am so happy with my new height words can't describe.I notice so much that i am taller than lot of people, it feels so good that lot of people look up to look me in the eyes. I just want to walk normal and enjoy it totally. But this takes time ..

Good to hear you are making progress. I wonder though, how often did you stretch your legs during the lengthening?

i stretch a lot of time, i did pt sometimes 2 times a day. That you can walk like this is really good. But its more depending on your natural softer tissues. There are LLers who stretches 10 times a day but there have a duckass. A Lot is depending on genetics and it looks like that you have a good body for LL. my roommate never did pt accept in the clinic after surgery. Later he just stretches a little bit at home. He lengthened 9cm and never had duckass and and just a litte bit but not noticeable wide legs its incredible.

M.s

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2018, 05:37:49 AM »

Hi dear friend how are you ,
I reading your daily updates and am happy that you are reaching your goal. I am planning to do it with dr baumgart in Munich and he is using fitbone , are you using the same ? The only thing about it until now that’s it’s really expensive with dr baumgart and I think Dr. Betz cheaper ,
Kindly can we stay in touch by what’s app or Instagram? If you please
If you don’t like I will stay sending you here ,

Regards

MichaelJose

« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2019, 12:12:59 AM »

Hey bud - how are things in 2019 - hope all is well!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up