Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018  (Read 17496 times)

Constantine

Reaching new heights with Betz 2018
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »

Hello,

i would like to start a diary. Can somebody help me out ?

Regards
Constantine

Android

Re: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »

You just did, this is a new topic in the diary (patient experiences) section. Start writing!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Constantine

Re: Reaching new heights with Dr. Betz 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »

To me:
I live in Germany
End of 30s
Starting height 1,67
Surgery 8th February 2018
Surgery gape 0,6mm
Nail 13mm
Betzbone
Clicking 20 Times = 1,04mm
(Wingspan I have to check later in the papers from Dr.Betz)
My goal is minimum 8cm.But at the end It depends on many things like my proportions and how I feel mentally etc
Iam now 39 days post op and reached including the surgery gape 3,8cm.

I decided to go with Betz because I had a good feeling with him . I also met some other patients, one did 10,5 cm and I saw a positive tv report about a model who did LL with betz and he was walking fine . And one reason is in case of emergency I will be there by car in a few hours.

My height was always a big problem for me in my life . I think everybody who is doing LL knows what I am talking about so I keep this short.

First day of surgery:
I was extremely nervous. But it was over so fast. They give me a pill before but I didn’t feel anything. So they brought me down to the surgery room. Everybody was really kind and careful. My surgery was around 3-4 hours , Betz said it was difficult for him to move me around but the surgery went fine. I got the 13mm nail because my bones are thick. This he told me already before the surgery.
After surgery there was almost no pain, I had  this Morphium bottom what i could Push. I didn’t need it so much. Betz came in and pushed me to stand up directly , so I stand up and we had a little walk. It felt so different, some hours before I was able to run and do everything and now iam disabled and felt so strange. But there was almost no Pain. Also the other Days, i felt just uncomfortable . To be disabled felt not good for me but i had to deal with it from now on.
The Comfort Clinic is more like a Hotel, clean and really nice.You can choose between many meals but i was not hungry at all, it was because of the pain killers.After a few days without eating i changed one pain killer and get Tilidin instead. After that i started to eat again. The Nurses were also really careful and kind. They push you to stand up and walk and use the bike which is placed in the corridor. I used the bike everyday and walked a little. I had a roommate and we are still in contact everyday via whatsapp. We support each other and give us feedback and share our problems and thoughts everyday (I can't tell details about him without his permission).

Clicking:

2nd day Betz clicked two times and it hurted so much.after i tried to click by myself but it doesn't worked. So 4 Days Post op Bezs assistant Daniela came in to click with me and it worked much better (for clicking ask for Daniela!!). But the pain was still horrible. After i clicked by my self first 10 times then 12 etc. it worked but the pain was still the same. Specially the first click.
Now i have to tell something important, Betz said don't leave the Hospital before you can click like nothing. I leaved after 10 Days because i thought i can click now. This was a big mistake. At home i started clicking and it was so horrible. At home you are in a kind of comfort zone and it is more difficult to go there and click. I thought i can't go with LL anymore. For clicking i needed 2 hours and more. So i advise to stay the 14 Days complete in the Clinic and better go to the rehab center and stay there also until clicking is no problem anymore.
Good news is , suddenly after 1,8 cm (including Gape 0,6mm) clicking was like nothing. I can click in 30 seconds 20 times if i want to. No Pain , nothing. 'Until now its the same, i click during i watch netflix :)) i must be careful to not click to much because it goes that easy:))

the first days at home was really challenging and LL is not like a holiday trip . You must be really want it and be mentally strong.
What helped me i started to analyze when the pain starts and reached the highest point. This is of course after clicking. I started to Prepare myself for it and it worked better. After 2cm the Pain after clicking gets better for me also and in general i feel much better, of course you have constantly pain but its not that bad. But of course there are good and bad Days. And don't click at the evening before sleeping because then there will be no sleeping :)
At this moment i sleep around 5 hours in row. First days i slept 1-2 hours .

Thats enough for the first post i think. I am really sorry for my English. If you have some questions you can write a message also.

Constantine

Re: Reaching new heights with Dr. Betz 2018
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »

Hello,

i would like to start a diary. Can somebody help me out ?

Regards
Constantine

Android

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »

Great start so far, Constantine!

Good advice on staying in the clinic a bit longer, glad that you're able to click comfortably now.

Keep us updated, and no worries about your English. It's much better than our German.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Constantine

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »

Thank you very much Android.

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »

Sorry if I'm slow, but you're doing femurs, right?

I wish you the best of luck with your LL.

Constantine

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 05:28:12 PM »

Yes femurs,Sorry I forgot to write .
Thank you.

lucindaris

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »

What amount of money did you spend for that?

Constantine

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »

52.000€ for surgery and stay at comfort Clinic.

lucindaris

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »

Good Luck then, hope you reach your goal without issues.

lucindaris

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »

Maybe it's a bit private question, but you are late 30's so did you just save money or did some loan?

Constantine

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »

Good Luck then, hope you reach your goal without issues.
Thank you for the wishes , I hope that too!
Maybe it's a bit private question, but you are late 30's so did you just save money or did some loan?

I saved my money

LongueEpopée

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »

where is the anti-clicking nail team of the forum ?

anyway jokes aside thanks for the diary and I wish you a safe Journey !

Constantine

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 07:13:48 AM »

Thanks Longuee.

Ok so far.
Since 3-4 days I have a numb feeling under my knees. I called Dr Betz and he said that’s nerve pain and I can get the nerve pill lyrica . Does anybody had the same problems during LL and experience with Lyrica?
I have also pain in my left calf , it’s a sharp pain. This is ok for me i can deal with it , i just don’t want to have something serios. And I want to continue clicking because I don’t want to click forever.

Wide Legs : yes I have wide legs as f#* and I hate this. I am working on it everyday also with my physio but this is a battle I can’t win.

Sleeping tonight was really good a again round about 7 hours in row. But on Sunday I didn’t click so maybe this has an effect. First weeks at home I clicked everyday because I wanted to go further but now I skip clicking if I have the feeling that my body needs a rest.i skipped clicking two times until now and it helped me, I felt much better always. Dr. Betz also advised yesterday to reduce clicking from now on to 15 instead of 20 , LL will be longer but it’s better for the body, consolidation etc. he said.

I wish you a nice week..

myloginacct

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 09:00:37 AM »

My height was always a big problem for me in my life . I think everybody who is doing LL knows what I am talking about so I keep this short.

By the way, you don't need to keep this short if you don't want to. We come from countries all around the world, and it's interesting to hear how our experiences difference at the same heights but in different countries.

Constantine

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 10:17:47 AM »

By the way, you don't need to keep this short if you don't want to. We come from countries all around the world, and it's interesting to hear how our experiences difference at the same heights but in different countries.

i was born in germany but My Parents are from south europe. So i am not that tall as the most of the Germans. Even the Average height from the People of my parents country is 1,74. Everywhere I go I am almost the smallest guy. It’s not even about girls . It’s just an uncomfortable feeling, at the gym, at party’s , in the city while shopping. I don’t need to be the tallest guy in the room but i don’t want to be the smallest guy. Most of the time i was wearing the shoe inlays of 2cm.
And I love fashion and wearing nice clothes. But with this height everything looks not that good. For example if I wear a coat I look like a child in his fathers coat.

No iam 3,8cm taller and it feels so good. The last weeks i didn't noticed that because of my wide legs. But when i put my legs together now in front of the mirror it feels just awesome. I am smiling and all the pain is gone for a moment.I can't imagine to how it will be later..

lucindaris

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »

Know that feel, i got similar situation but i live in Poland, so average height is quite similar. Like i am the type of guy who want to achieve something by hard work, i studied IT Security, work as freelancer for big salary and workout professional  to be always, at least biggest in group. Unfortunately I was unable to change my height even i didn't smoke, did sport activities at my university and i feel so sad for my body even i worked so hard to look good. And i feel awkward, because my Dad is 184, brother slightly taller and i am barely taller than my mother...

Constantine

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »

4cm Today .

I got my X Rays yesterday.The Dr who made the X Rays said the cloud in the Gape looks really good and the bone is filling already.

I skipped clicking Yesterday because of my nerve pain in my left leg and i hate it because i wanted to click. But listening to your body and give him a rest when he needs it is more important. I called Dr Betz office yesterday and they send a prescription for Lyrica 75mg. I took two of them yesterday and sleeping was much better, i had almost no nerve pain. Today the Nerve Pain is 2/10. Lyrica costs me 170 € but it was worth it.
Clicking is still the same.
What motivates me is the fact of growing everyday. My Goal is always the next cm ,so at this moment i just look at reaching the 5 cm.

(I tried to post my X rays but it doesn't work)

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »

i was born in germany but My Parents are from south europe. So i am not that tall as the most of the Germans. Even the Average height from the People of my parents country is 1,74. Everywhere I go I am almost the smallest guy. It’s not even about girls . It’s just an uncomfortable feeling, at the gym, at party’s , in the city while shopping. I don’t need to be the tallest guy in the room but i don’t want to be the smallest guy. Most of the time i was wearing the shoe inlays of 2cm.
And I love fashion and wearing nice clothes. But with this height everything looks not that good. For example if I wear a coat I look like a child in his fathers coat.

No iam 3,8cm taller and it feels so good. The last weeks i didn't noticed that because of my wide legs. But when i put my legs together now in front of the mirror it feels just awesome. I am smiling and all the pain is gone for a moment.I can't imagine to how it will be later..

Oh, I know which country your parents must be from, then. I think 1,74m is an inflated height for that country. It's definitely more like 170~173cm.

Good to hear you're already feeling good about it, and that it's also not just about girls!

myloginacct

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 01:38:36 PM »

Know that feel, i got similar situation but i live in Poland, so average height is quite similar. Like i am the type of guy who want to achieve something by hard work, i studied IT Security, work as freelancer for big salary and workout professional  to be always, at least biggest in group. Unfortunately I was unable to change my height even i didn't smoke, did sport activities at my university and i feel so sad for my body even i worked so hard to look good. And i feel awkward, because my Dad is 184, brother slightly taller and i am barely taller than my mother...

Wow, you probably had stunted growth, then. Did you ever get some tests for HGH deficiency, thyroid/endocrine system problems when you were a teenager?

Constantine

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 01:44:20 PM »

i totally know that feeling.
But one important thing what i am always thinking of is. I am a successful business man now. I was successful in everything i did (of course i failed in my life also many times) . And i have to thank this to my height. I was the smallest guy but always the best in everything else like business, gym , studying etc.
My height complex driven me to highest performance in every area.
On the other hand i have a lot of pain inside me because of my height, a lot of things hurted me specially when i was a teenager. That is maybe why i am going now better through this journey.

Constantine

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 01:46:53 PM »

Oh, I know which country your parents must be from, then. I think 1,74m is an inflated height for that country. It's definitely more like 170~173cm.

Good to hear you're already feeling good about it, and that it's also not just about girls!

ok then let me know Which country i am from ?:)

myloginacct

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »

ok then let me know Which country i am from ?:)

I think I know. I just didn't wanna say because you might not want that information out there. But it has to be Portugal.

EDIT: By the way, I can edit out this post if you want me to, later.

Constantine

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 02:01:54 PM »

I think I know. I just didn't wanna say because you might not want that information out there. But it has to be Portugal.

EDIT: By the way, I can edit out this post if you want me to, later.

Its Not Portugal :)

myloginacct

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 02:12:16 PM »

Its Not Portugal :)

Damn. I was so sure. I can't think of another Southern European country with that average.

EDIT: Maybe Turkey, even if most of the country isn't in Europe.

Constantine

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 02:22:38 PM »

Damn. I was so sure. I can't think of another Southern European country with that average.

EDIT: Maybe Turkey, even if most of the country isn't in Europe.

Lets forget this anyway I wouldn’t tell :)

myloginacct

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »

Lets forget this anyway I wouldn’t tell :)

Haha, sure thing. I hope everything goes better with the clicking for you.

Constantine

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »

Haha, sure thing. I hope everything goes better with the clicking for you.

Thank you very much  :)

Constantine

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »

4,61 cm Today

Last days was not so much to say.
Since i am taking Lyrica the Nerve Pain is better, but after 4-6 hours Lyrica looses his effect and i feel the nerve pain coming back. So i need to take the next pill.
After one Week with reduced 15 Clicks (0,078mm) i can say i feel more comfortable.
My Sleeping is still good. I wake up maybe two or three times shortly but then i fall asleep again. I hope that will stay like this.
In the morning the legs are stiff af. Then i go on my home bicycle for 30 min and it feels much better. I try to bicycle 1 hour every day but not at once. I split during the day.
5 Days a week i go to my Physiotherapist. Distance from my home is 500m and he is on the 4th Floor. I walk and also use always the stairs. When i arrive there i am sweating and it is like i am done with a Gym lesson ;D Today i also went to the mall, i am trying to walk as much as possible, but its not that easy because i am slow, have wide legs and ducks and i must rest in between.

The most important for me is taking the painkillers. After that i feel really good, i don't understand how some people can do without  :-\  With painkillers at this moment it is really ok to go through LL. Of course accept the first 2-3 Weeks. Its just boring and annoying that you don't have your normal life back.

More than finishing LL i am thinking about reaching my Goal of 8-10 cm. I read here in the forum that some LLer starts to get complications after 5 cm. I will reach the 5 cm next week ,so please cross your fingers that everything goes well for me.As we know everyday during LL is a surprise, we never know how our body will react in the next days.

I really enjoy my height but because of my wide legs and specially duck ass i don't look so tall. I need to bring my legs together to notice that i am taller. And i can say it feels really good. And everyday i am thinking how it will be after 8-10cm.

i wish you a nice week everybody

Constantine

Constantine

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 05:00:35 PM »

5cm Post

As i see not so much people are interested in my Diary, no post so far from anybody :) i still try to keep it up  here. Maybe when i am old i can read my own diary again :)

Almost 2 month post Op
Wide legs: getting wider
duck as:  yes :(
clicking: still easy , 15 clicks per day (0,078mm)

My nerve pain came back again and it was horrible. So i decided not click on last saturday and sunday. And it helped a lot, i feel much better. I will try to rest once a week at least.
The clicking is still easy but the pain after clicking increased. I am clicking at round about 1pm or 2pm now. After clicking i stay in my bed and try to relax. I think it helps a bit. During LL you try a lot of things to low the pain level. But i think at the end its always the same and you have to go through it anyway.

Sleeping is actually ok compared with what i read in other diaries. I sleep round about 8 hours every night. I woke up of course 2-3 times cause of leg stiffness but then i change sleeping position and i go on sleeping.
In the Last two month i lost 7kg, i have no butt anymore. I can feel my bones when i sit down. Also legs are very thin and I lost most of my muscles in my upper body and arms.

Because of my wide legs and duck ass i am not staying straight so my height is not looking as much as it is actually.

Wish you all a nice weekend  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up