Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018  (Read 17493 times)

Android

Re: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »

Good to hear that you're getting plenty of sleep, hope that's the case for me.

5 cm is the point that stiffness starts to bother people, so let's hope that your good luck continues.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Constantine

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 08:01:23 AM »

Good to hear that you're getting plenty of sleep, hope that's the case for me.

5 cm is the point that stiffness starts to bother people, so let's hope that your good luck continues.

Yes you’re right.I am at 5,1cm. I feel also that it gets more difficult now. But my sleeping is still really good I slept last night again 8 hours.  :)

myloginacct

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 01:54:35 PM »

It's refreshing to hear of a LLer who can sleep well!

I hope you manage to get your 8cm! (But stop sooner if you are having serious problems.)

Constantine

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »

It's refreshing to hear of a LLer who can sleep well!

I hope you manage to get your 8cm! (But stop sooner if you are having serious problems.)

Yes thanks for the advise. If I get some serious problems I will stop immediately.

amaar

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 04:22:51 PM »

I feel so sorry that u have nerve pain.
Did u experiment on how many clicks u need till the pain starts?
Since clicking is so smooth did u try to split the clicking time in two or three clicking seasons?

As long u have no bending knees, u can work good against the duckass and spreadlegs.
Wich u a all the best.

Constantine

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:28 AM »

I feel so sorry that u have nerve pain.
Did u experiment on how many clicks u need till the pain starts?
Since clicking is so smooth did u try to split the clicking time in two or three clicking seasons?

As long u have no bending knees, u can work good against the duckass and spreadlegs.
Wich u a all the best.

Hello amaar,
thank you very much for your best wishes.
The nerve is always there i don’t need to click, almost all the time when I move I have nerve pain in my left leg. Now it’s much better because I took two days off from clicking. This helped a lot and I felt so good after that.
After the days off I had no pain after clicking the first day. From yesterday on I tried splitting the clicks in 3*5 clicks. Little pain, I guess the more I click in a row the more nerve pain and issues i have. Then my body forces me to rest.But I will keep going with the split and try if it helps.

Other than that the pain is ok and I still sleep minimum 8 hours.
It’s just bothering all the LL thing because i want back to normal life. I feel that it never ends.
I have still wide legs but it’s not getting wider since I am working on it and try to walk as closed as possible .
Duck ass, I hate this and it’s getting more and more ducky:)

Clicking is still easy..

Have a nice weekend

amaar

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »

What did dr. Beetz say about your nerve pain?

I knew a patient who started to have nerve pain after 9cm and those patients who had the pain earlier had an 11mm nail and had a daintily body. Therefore they where more flexible.

After 5.2-5.5cm the body gets used to the lengthening till a certain point. So I hope the Nervepain goes a way slowly.
If the nervepain increases again after a certain point I would stop at 9cm.

Have a nice day

Constantine

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »

What did dr. Beetz say about your nerve pain?

I knew a patient who started to have nerve pain after 9cm and those patients who had the pain earlier had an 11mm nail and had a daintily body. Therefore they where more flexible.

After 5.2-5.5cm the body gets used to the lengthening till a certain point. So I hope the Nervepain goes a way slowly.
If the nervepain increases again after a certain point I would stop at 9cm.

Have a nice day

i asked Dr. Betz via WhatsApp before 1-2 Weeks and he answered, if the nerve pain is not disturbing me too much i don't have to think about ending the lengthening.He never had the case that somebody needed to stop because of nerve pain. He advised also to reduce clicking even more to reduce the nerve Pain if i want.
I have the 13mm Nail.

Now i am at 5,5 cm and clicking 3 days in a row and just little nerve pain. I am splitting the clicks still in 3 parts. Last time nerve pain started at the 7th day. This time i will rest the 6th day i think, so before any pain starts hopefully.

I think i will stop earlier then 9 cm. If i can go until 8 without big issues i will do a few mm more and thats it.

wishadream

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »

Hello Constantine. I wish all the best, and very well recovery in the future. I have a question regarding the duck ass complication which happens in femur lengthening. Apparently, there is a solution called cutting IT band, which can avoid having duck ass complication even when somebody lengthens up to 8cm. Can you please ask Dr Betz idea about cutting IT band? Has he done it on you? Apparently, Dr Paley performs it on his patients.

Constantine

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »

Hello Constantine. I wish all the best, and very well recovery in the future. I have a question regarding the duck ass complication which happens in femur lengthening. Apparently, there is a solution called cutting IT band, which can avoid having duck ass complication even when somebody lengthens up to 8cm. Can you please ask Dr Betz idea about cutting IT band? Has he done it on you? Apparently, Dr Paley performs it on his patients.

Thank you wishadream for the best wishes.

In the consultation we talked about 4 hours with Dr Betz . We talked also about duckass etc but he didn’t told me anything about this opportunity . But later in my advanced lengthening phase I will ask him. As I can guess he will say correct your duckass with physio :)

fritz

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »

Hello Constantin,

firstly i wish you good luck with your LL process.

My question is a bit private, i live in Germany too. I'm 32 years old and have been working for a few years in a company. I guess, i can save enough money in a few years for the LL surgery but i can't figure out what i can do with my job if i get surgery. Because i think i can't work at all at least 3-4 months after the surgery. So i wanted to ask you how you solved that problem.

Btw I am 174cm and i want to be 180cm. I have bow legs but just a little bit.. my another question is, is it possible to correct the bow legs and LL at the same time by internal method and how long it would keep me away from my work and social life.

Ofcourse anyone else can answer my questions too.

thanks in advance

llendpoint

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2018, 10:00:24 PM »

Bow legs are corrected with the external method. I haven't heard that an internal method is used while correcting bow legs, but maybe someone else knows better.

People say to take as much time as it takes for the LL procedure and regeneration to finish. I recommend to face that truth and not try to get ithe OP in somehow in 5 months or so. I would expect that a good employer will let you take off that time for that special operation and accept you back at work afterwards.

Constantine

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »

Hello Constantin,

firstly i wish you good luck with your LL process.

My question is a bit private, i live in Germany too. I'm 32 years old and have been working for a few years in a company. I guess, i can save enough money in a few years for the LL surgery but i can't figure out what i can do with my job if i get surgery. Because i think i can't work at all at least 3-4 months after the surgery. So i wanted to ask you how you solved that problem.

Btw I am 174cm and i want to be 180cm. I have bow legs but just a little bit.. my another question is, is it possible to correct the bow legs and LL at the same time by internal method and how long it would keep me away from my work and social life.

Ofcourse anyone else can answer my questions too.

thanks in advance

thanks for the wishes LLprime2!

i have my own company and prepared everything before. I am still organizing things in the background and stay in contact with my employees. I am also visiting my company as much as i can.
Dr Betz told me a lot storys where people after surgery go back to work. Also my Roommate gets back to work after 14 Days. But in his job he is alone in his office so he lies back and put his legs on his table most of the time and relax. Its different for each person. But to be honest LL is not a little breath and really challenging also mentally. And I am busy all the time with stretching, physio, bicycle, clicking and managing the pain. I am happy when the day is over. In between working for me is not possible.You can write me a private message also if you want so we can talk in german..

Bow legs are corrected with the external method. I haven't heard that an internal method is used while correcting bow legs, but maybe someone else knows better.

People say to take as much time as it takes for the LL procedure and regeneration to finish. I recommend to face that truth and not try to get ithe OP in somehow in 5 months or so. I would expect that a good employer will let you take off that time for that special operation and accept you back at work afterwards.

I agree completely.

jjh770812

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2018, 03:44:12 PM »

hey friend,
i come from Taiwan
may i ask how much total you paid
by the way how tall you got??

best regards

Android

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2018, 04:41:10 PM »

hey friend,
i come from Taiwan

best regards

He answered in the previous page.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Constantine

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2018, 07:29:59 AM »

hey friend,
i come from Taiwan

best regards

As android said I answered this in the previous page (52.000€ just the surgery and stay at comfort clinic)
I am now at 5,73cm

since I survived my last nerve pain attack I feel good. When I passed 5cm i thought it’s getting more difficult , but now I notice the opposite. I hope it keeps going like this. But It’s really different day by day but now in general it’s not bad. To the future LLers I can say that the first weeks are really hard, keep that in your mind. Then it’s getting better and better..

myloginacct

Reaching new heights with Betz 2018 - How did you achieve good sleep?
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »

5cm Post

As i see not so much people are interested in my Diary, no post so far from anybody :) i still try to keep it up  here. Maybe when i am old i can read my own diary again :)

Almost 2 month post Op
Wide legs: getting wider
duck as:  yes :(
clicking: still easy , 15 clicks per day (0,078mm)

My nerve pain came back again and it was horrible. So i decided not click on last saturday and sunday. And it helped a lot, i feel much better. I will try to rest once a week at least.
The clicking is still easy but the pain after clicking increased. I am clicking at round about 1pm or 2pm now. After clicking i stay in my bed and try to relax. I think it helps a bit. During LL you try a lot of things to low the pain level. But i think at the end its always the same and you have to go through it anyway.

Sleeping is actually ok compared with what i read in other diaries. I sleep round about 8 hours every night. I woke up of course 2-3 times cause of leg stiffness but then i change sleeping position and i go on sleeping.
In the Last two month i lost 7kg, i have no butt anymore. I can feel my bones when i sit down. Also legs are very thin and I lost most of my muscles in my upper body and arms.

Because of my wide legs and duck ass i am not staying straight so my height is not looking as much as it is actually.

Wish you all a nice weekend  ;)

Actually, this seems to be so rare that I just had to make another comment.

Why do you think you have been sleeping so well throughout CLL?

Did it start that way, or did it take a long time until you were sleeping 8 hours a day?

As I've commented before, I think the often mentioned 2~4 hours of sleep at most everyday - waking up and trying to go back to sleep again - are what would break me, even if I was managing the pain.

myloginacct

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 02:43:05 PM »

5cm Post

As i see not so much people are interested in my Diary, no post so far from anybody :) i still try to keep it up  here. Maybe when i am old i can read my own diary again :)

Almost 2 month post Op
Wide legs: getting wider
duck as:  yes :(
clicking: still easy , 15 clicks per day (0,078mm)

My nerve pain came back again and it was horrible. So i decided not click on last saturday and sunday. And it helped a lot, i feel much better. I will try to rest once a week at least.
The clicking is still easy but the pain after clicking increased. I am clicking at round about 1pm or 2pm now. After clicking i stay in my bed and try to relax. I think it helps a bit. During LL you try a lot of things to low the pain level. But i think at the end its always the same and you have to go through it anyway.

Sleeping is actually ok compared with what i read in other diaries. I sleep round about 8 hours every night. I woke up of course 2-3 times cause of leg stiffness but then i change sleeping position and i go on sleeping.
In the Last two month i lost 7kg, i have no butt anymore. I can feel my bones when i sit down. Also legs are very thin and I lost most of my muscles in my upper body and arms.

Because of my wide legs and duck ass i am not staying straight so my height is not looking as much as it is actually.

Wish you all a nice weekend  ;)

By the way, here's the video with the correct timestamp where Paley describe how he deals with duck ass in his femoral lengthening cases - what user wishadream was talking about.

It's from 54:17 until the end of the vid, basically.

Constantine

Re: Reaching new heights with Betz 2018 - How did you achieve good sleep?
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »

Actually, this seems to be so rare that I just had to make another comment.

Why do you think you have been sleeping so well throughout CLL?

Did it start that way, or did it take a long time until you were sleeping 8 hours a day?

As I've commented before, I think the often mentioned 2~4 hours of sleep at most everyday - waking up and trying to go back to sleep again - are what would break me, even if I was managing the pain.

In the first weeks my sleeping was really bad. I woke up every 2 hour and started stretching and riding my home bike . Then I slept again for at most 2 hours. But I was clicking that time really late in the evening . After I changed this I sleep really good compared what I read in other diaries. I can’t tell you why and I am not doing something special about this. I also don’t take sleeping pills. For example last night I slept about 9 hours. I wake up just for a few seconds and change position maybe .

Constantine

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »

By the way, here's the video with the correct timestamp where Paley describe how he deals with duck ass in his femoral lengthening cases - what user wishadream was talking about.

It's from 54:17 until the end of the vid, basically.

Yes I know this. But to be honest I don’t think it’s a good idea to cut te IT Bands. I mean how about long term effects? A surgery should be the last option to get rid that duck ass.

Android

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »

Yes I know this. But to be honest I don’t think it’s a good idea to cut te IT Bands. I mean how about long term effects? A surgery should be the last option to get rid that duck ass.

Surgery should be the last option to become taller, yet here we are! I wouldn't recommend getting it now since you're done with surgery; it'll be at an additional cost. Best of luck with physical therapy.

myloginacct

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2018, 09:57:36 PM »

To be honest I don’t think it’s a good idea to cut te IT Bands. I mean how about long term effects?

Oh, for sure. I just figured I'd link what wishadream was most likely talking about. It's never my intention to try and give medical advice, and you should always discuss options/routes with actual doctors.

short2tall

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2018, 01:01:06 AM »

Hey guys just to clear up some confusion, to my understanding the Dr. doesn't actually cut through the IT band. Its more of a longitudinal slit that releases some of the tension. It heals up on its own. Mine were released and I can feel them getting tight again.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

Constantine

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2018, 07:16:12 AM »

Surgery should be the last option to become taller, yet here we are! I wouldn't recommend getting it now since you're done with surgery; it'll be at an additional cost. Best of luck with physical therapy.

Unfortunately for all forum members surgery "is" the last option ;)

Hey guys just to clear up some confusion, to my understanding the Dr. doesn't actually cut through the IT band. Its more of a longitudinal slit that releases some of the tension. It heals up on its own. Mine were released and I can feel them getting tight again.

thanks for the information. And after surgery suddenly no duck ass anymore? My duckass is really bad, with crutches i can hide a litte bit but without its horrible. I will ask about this procedure dr Betz. lets see what he says.

Oh, for sure. I just figured I'd link what wishadream was most likely talking about. It's never my intention to try and give medical advice, and you should always discuss options/routes with actual doctors.

no i appreciate every comment on my diary. we are all not doctors. But this is a forum and we should discuss openly and share our thoughts with each other, so thank you for that  :)

Constantine

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

6cm what a nice number. I should be 1,73 cm now! wow! I still don’t notice the change so much because of duckass and wide legs  >:(

I am clicking now 9 days without a break. The nerve pain didn’t came back and I am really happy about this.In General i dont have so much pain, it’s just uncomfortable.
 If it goes like this I will be finished with all this maybe middle of May cross fingers

When I lie in bed i notice my long legs more and more and it looks really good ,I love long legs:) Since I am lengthening i wear sweat pants. today i tried my jeans the first time on and it was funny to see how short they are  :)

I am still splitting the clicks to 3x5 . The first clicks I do around 10am. I repeat 3-4 hours later. In this way my body has a chance to adapt the 5 clicks.

Wish you a nice day ✌️

Rammstein

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »

Kannst du gerade ohne Krücken laufen oder nur noch mit? @Constantine
Sorry, my englisch is so bad

myloginacct

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »

4cm Today .

I got my X Rays yesterday.The Dr who made the X Rays said the cloud in the Gape looks really good and the bone is filling already.

I skipped clicking Yesterday because of my nerve pain in my left leg and i hate it because i wanted to click. But listening to your body and give him a rest when he needs it is more important. I called Dr Betz office yesterday and they send a prescription for Lyrica 75mg. I took two of them yesterday and sleeping was much better, i had almost no nerve pain. Today the Nerve Pain is 2/10. Lyrica costs me 170 € but it was worth it.
Clicking is still the same.
What motivates me is the fact of growing everyday. My Goal is always the next cm ,so at this moment i just look at reaching the 5 cm.

(I tried to post my X rays but it doesn't work)

By the way, most people host their x-rays pics on imgur.com.

Make an account (preferentially with a jibberish name) before you upload any x-rays pics, though, or you'll have trouble actually removing them from the website later, should you want to.

Constantine

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 02:53:46 PM »

Kannst du gerade ohne Krücken laufen oder nur noch mit? @Constantine
Sorry, my englisch is so bad

Seit einigen Wochen nur noch mit Krücken weil ich so ein Hohlkreuz habe.

(I can just walk with crutches because of my duck ass )

lucindaris

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 03:04:55 PM »

Wow, you probably had stunted growth, then. Did you ever get some tests for HGH deficiency, thyroid/endocrine system problems when you were a teenager?
My HGH was ok, at least when i was 16/17 y old (kinda late, but i went to hospital and check shortstaturing issue which is <169, i was 167). Unfortunately my parents were keep saying that i will grow like father, so no one react and just gave me a time. No special problems except flat feet, it could be a lottery since my mother's father was kinda short, anyway it sucks since my dad and brother are ~6'1. I feel quite uncomfortable even in home. Got a friend who was using HGH since 13/14 he is at the same height as me, and only his hands, ears and nose got bigger which made him really non-symmetrical.

Constantine

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2018, 06:21:08 PM »

Here we go . My X-rays made 21st of March almost 6 weeks post op.

https://imgur.com/a/E2Pxc

I would appreciate to read opinions about that.

Rammstein

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »

Thank you :)
please still write this everyday how it is going for you. I am very interested for this :) @Constantine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up