Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activity level after LL?  (Read 1406 times)

farmerjohn1324

Activity level after LL?
« on: March 29, 2018, 04:56:31 AM »

I am 5'8". I may want to get to 6'1" or 6'2".

Will I eventually get full flexibility and strength back? Even if it takes years, will I be able to climb a ladder onto a roof? Do squats? Bodybuild? Run? Everything I used to do before?

myloginacct

Re: Activity level after LL?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 04:50:42 PM »

Forget about it.

CLL is not for you with the heights you're aiming to achieve (from your starting height), and the athleticism you want to keep.

ivan

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »

With such a height increase you should consider yourself lucky if you can walk normally.

Android

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:36:52 PM »

Search the forums a little more, this is a very common question. Don't mistake this advice as me being cold, just trying to teach you how to fish.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

ramaka

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »

I am 5'8". I may want to get to 6'1" or 6'2".

Will I eventually get full flexibility and strength back? Even if it takes years, will I be able to climb a ladder onto a roof? Do squats? Bodybuild? Run? Everything I used to do before?

There are ways around it like extreme motivation and I’m sure u would be at a good activity level not as good as before but a good one none the less if you go for a realistic goal you could do 5 cm tibia and 5 cm femur and you’d be at 6’0 which is vary good height the only problem is it would probably be more expensive and would require more surgery and longer recovery time but the good thing is that it would be less stressful on your body then doing an extreme amount of lengthening

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 04:55:34 PM »

There are ways around it like extreme motivation and I’m sure u would be at a good activity level not as good as before but a good one none the less if you go for a realistic goal you could do 5 cm tibia and 5 cm femur and you’d be at 6’0 which is vary good height the only problem is it would probably be more expensive and would require more surgery and longer recovery time but the good thing is that it would be less stressful on your body then doing an extreme amount of lengthening

Here's some science to those who want to try and return to 100%, and want less complications (it won't be possible, but you can do your best):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26398436

ramaka

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »

Here's some science to those who want to try and return to 100%, and want less complications (it won't be possible, but you can do your best):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26398436

Of course you will never return to 100% activity but you should e able to walk/run without any complications

farmerjohn1324

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 02:17:26 AM »

What about manual labor?

Climbing ladders, installing toilets, laying tile, installing baseboards, lifting cabinets, lifting heavy weights?

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
You'll have to work hard. Also consider industrial exoskeletons.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »

What about manual labor?

Climbing ladders, installing toilets, laying tile, installing baseboards, lifting cabinets, lifting heavy weights?

You'll probably be able to do those things after a year or two, if you work hard on your flexibility and mobility. That means lots of painful PT during the lengthening and consolidation phases, and gradually recovering your strength after that.

There are also devices that can assist with these kinds of manual or industrial labor: exoskeletons like SuitX. They're used by workers who haven't had LL because they increase their ability to lift heavy objects, or maintain a squat position for a long time. Check out the SuitX site.

My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up