Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilateral Internal Femurs - Dr. Monegal  (Read 7586 times)

Ry2010

• Visitor
Re: Bilateral Internal Femurs - Dr. Monegal
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »

Hello mars,

How long did you have to stay in the hospital and I'm Barcelona?

lurker1

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2018, 01:04:17 AM »

Hey Mars, How did you go about scheduling the surgery? I don't see Dr. Monegal listed on the Clinica Diagonal website and don't know who to contact.

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 04:58:15 PM »

Hello mars,

How long did you have to stay in the hospital and I'm Barcelona?

I was in the hospital for one week. I will be staying in Barcelona until the end of June, so about 4 months.

Hey Mars, How did you go about scheduling the surgery? I don't see Dr. Monegal listed on the Clinica Diagonal website and don't know who to contact.

I contacted him at the hotmail email account listed on his information page on this forum.

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »

I just had my second xray. Bone growth is looking great and lengthened amounts are about what I calculated. Nothing new to report, I'm just really trying to work on knee flexion as that is my main source of tightness right now.

Bushguy

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »

Nice Mars the bone cloud looks great!
What is your actual growing rate?

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »

Nice Mars the bone cloud looks great!
What is your actual growing rate?

It's about 0.81 mm/day.

myloginacct

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »

How has your sleep been?

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 10:52:56 PM »

How has your sleep been?

I get about 2 hours per night if I'm lucky now....it's rough.

Android

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2018, 11:18:49 PM »

I get about 2 hours per night if I'm lucky now....it's rough.

Rough! Hope you can squeeze in some naps during the day.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

yayu199

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »

hello mars I have the same aim like you to do 4.5-5cm lengthing with dr.monegal good luck for you.

yayu199

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 09:45:51 AM »

I have see other ones reply,I think 5cm is enough,I'm 1.77-1.78cm.My dream is to be a singer or idol,I'm from a asia country(I would not tell you where).1.83cm is the perfect height in our country.I have no much time ,obviously I must recover to high level sports ability for dancing. so this is my choice 5cm is rea really enough .good wishes for you.

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »

Thanks for the positive thoughts guys. I hit 5 cm today! I don't have any pain that Tylenol doesn't fix. I just have knee tightness, and extending my knees straight and sleep are still constant struggles. I think it doesn't help that my wheelchair does not allow my legs to be elevated into a position where my knees are straight, letting me constantly stretch, but the doctor bought some new wheelchairs that I will hopefully have access to early next week.

I will continue lengthening for now, and my xray next week will determine whether I stop.

justice

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »

Is he buying chairs now? He used to refer to an orthopedist who earned large amounts of money for each chair. I personally bought the chair from a previous patient. I wasn't going to spend $600 in a chair

Auron

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 07:36:52 PM »

Looking great! ;)

I wish you a smooth and fast recovery.

patientprivacy

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »

Is he buying chairs now? He used to refer to an orthopedist who earned large amounts of money for each chair. I personally bought the chair from a previous patient. I wasn't going to spend $600 in a chair

So you spend thousands of dollars in the procedure, but don't want to spend some hundreds of bucks in a wheelchair. Truly amazing.

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2018, 08:27:05 PM »

I’m sorry you had to buy your own, that’d be a hassle. It was never mentioned to me so I always assumed one was provided by the facility. Everyone lengthening here right now including myself was given one to use. They aren’t new, so maybe they are leftovers from previous patients? I’m definitely grateful that it’s not something I’ve had to worry about.

amigos

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2018, 03:21:14 AM »

I’m sorry you had to buy your own, that’d be a hassle. It was never mentioned to me so I always assumed one was provided by the facility. Everyone lengthening here right now including myself was given one to use. They aren’t new, so maybe they are leftovers from previous patients? I’m definitely grateful that it’s not something I’ve had to worry about.

I must belong to Justice generation (who are you? PM me). Some patient bought chairs from the overpriced orthopedist recommended by Monegal and others bought them online or from patients who didn't need them anymore for half the price. I was irritated Monegal imposed that orthopedist to some patients, same with the fake unlicensed PT. We didn't like him but he OBLIGED us to hire him. He was abusive and impolite and tried to scam some patients.
banned: clone account of "iwontallow" "Life"

notatroll

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2018, 07:34:20 PM »

I must belong to Justice generation (who are you? PM me). Some patient bought chairs from the overpriced orthopedist recommended by Monegal and others bought them online or from patients who didn't need them anymore for half the price. I was irritated Monegal imposed that orthopedist to some patients, same with the fake unlicensed PT. We didn't like him but he OBLIGED us to hire him. He was abusive and impolite and tried to scam some patients.

I also got the same fake PT but not the orthopedist. I got my chair from another patient.

Oh So Arrogant

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »

Dr. Monegal is the worst. Period. No exceptions.
Everything about this doctor and his staff are obviously a scam. He gets rich while you pay him to ruin your legs.
Banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Jcold)

amigos

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2018, 11:51:25 PM »

Everything about this doctor and his staff are obviously a scam. He gets rich while you pay him to ruin your legs.

I don't think he's the worst. True there are patients with major complications and others with minor complications but I agree he lacks ethics and he's a scammer. Lack of ethics and empathy are not the best qualities for a surgeon. He seems friendly but he's a fake and doesn't really care for his patients. He says the opposite but he lies. He wasn't kind to some of my friends with complications and called them pussies.
banned: clone account of "iwontallow" "Life"

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2018, 12:11:26 AM »

I also got the same fake PT but not the orthopedist. I got my chair from another patient.

I don't think he's the worst. True there are patients with major complications and others with minor complications but I agree he lacks ethics and he's a scammer. Lack of ethics and empathy are not the best qualities for a surgeon. He seems friendly but he's a fake and doesn't really care for his patients. He says the opposite but he lies. He wasn't kind to some of my friends with complications and called them pussies.

Hey guys, these stories of yours would be a wonderful addition....to your OWN diaries. Please keep them out of mine. No one is paying for their own wheelchair right now, and whatever PT guy you used isn't here anymore. I'm sorry you guys had some bad experiences, but I am trying to give a CURRENT account of what it is like in Barcelona from my point of view. It is clear progress has been made since you were here, and I have noticed some small issues still which I will touch upon later. Please delete your comments here and post them in a more appropriate thread. I'd like to keep updating here with my progress to benefit the community, but I may not if you derail my thread.

notatroll

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 12:14:20 AM »

OK I will create my own diary

justice

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2018, 12:45:09 AM »

I don't want to create a diary but I will participate to post what I know in all diaries.

Petite888

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2018, 08:17:41 AM »

Hi Mars,

Please continue to post and don’t let the other post get to you. Your diary is helping many. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I don't want to create a diary but I will participate to post what I know in all diaries.

You are not helping your cause with what you are doing. You alienate others while the things are going well for them, but if things go wrong, further down the line, these people will feel like they cannot turn to this forum and let us know, or they play it down because they don’t want to hear the I told you so’s, therefore they just stop posting and people assume it because things have gone well and they’ve moved on.  Everybody loses out so please stop doing this and just stick to your own diaries/threads as Mars has politely asked you to.

I’m in no way suggesting that this will happen to you Mars but these trolls are doing so much harm to this forum!

Bushguy

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »

HI mars, try to ignore this guys, we want to know your story, the good and the bad news, can you tell us if you have notice some difference of pain between 1cm to 5 cm, sorry my english  :o

yayu199

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »

hello mars ,I really recommend you that stop lengthing. I would be apperciated to see that you are perfectly recoverd from 5cm lengting no more lengthing for peackery.

yayu199

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2018, 10:32:45 AM »

sorry my english. I would say no for vanity

Bushguy

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 04:18:42 PM »

Hi Mars, how are you doing?

wishadream

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »

Hi Mars. How are things going on? We are all waiting for an update.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up