Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone educate me on taking loans[USA]  (Read 454 times)

ape

Anyone educate me on taking loans[USA]
« on: October 12, 2020, 06:36:04 PM »

I'm 20 and I'm a junior in college. I'm doing computer science at a top 10 computer science school with a good gpa and I plan on getting a masters degree. My plan to is to graduate a semester early which will leave me 8 months to do LL.

Obviously as a student, my biggest problem is money. I will make a lot of money in the future, but I need it now. What should I do? I'm going to take out as much student loans as I can but it's not enough. I need about $30k more to do this.

anaverageperson

• Visitor
Re: Anyone educate me on taking loans[USA]
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »

Hey man. Couple of things:

1. I understand wanting to get it done ASAP. You are very young still!
2. If time is really of the essence for you, why are you getting an MSCS before getting a job? Is it outside of the scope of reason for you to graduate and have a high paying job lined up, then get an MSCS later? Having high income + building credit history will be very helpful for you in getting loans.
3. You probably should not use student loans to finance your operation!

Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE

ape

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 06:55:14 PM »

After I get my job I will be too settled to get surgery. Half a year of gap in my resume. Also this gap between bachelors to masters is the perfect opportunity I have no commitment during that time.

Tengo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 11:24:18 PM »

I understand the feeling of being left out especially when everyone else is enjoying life. If you cant find the funding now then you should know that theres many years of opportunities ahead and if you're smart you will take advantage of this time to maximise the salary you can obtain in the future so that 1) you can fund the surgery and 2) you can still have great prospects after spending so much. A gap in the resume is not a big deal and if you work from home you can jump back into work weeks after surgery.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 01:50:24 AM »

Yeah, if you find a job at a decent company, you might be able to get away with working from home for a couple of months after you've been at the company for a year or two. Much better than doing a masters IMO. Master = spending more money. Working after Bachelors = saving more money.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

ape

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 03:39:57 AM »

Aight guys come on just ideal for loans no life advice please lol. I want to get it done ASAP. Be 5'11 and respectable. Go into my company work for many years up to management tbh.

184dream

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 04:43:22 AM »

the cheaper option is in europe or in india with some very experienced old one or with pariharr trained for 6 month under paley
Pages: [1]   Go Up