Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My proportions - can I pull off 5'11"?  (Read 16777 times)

Saavedra

My proportions - can I pull off 5'11"?
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:04:28 PM »

Height: 175cm, 176.25 in the morning
Sitting height: 93.5cm
Wingspan: 185-186 I think

I'm quarter Welsh, English, and Half Greek.  I live in the UK.  I learnt about LL a few months ago.  I'd like to be 180-181cm tbh.

I'm pretty proportionate as I am now.  If anything, my legs are a little longer already then I'd like them to be ideally.  In this photo, the bottom of my t-shirt falls to the base of my penis.  Yes I know I'm skinny and I'd look a million times better if I bulked up - it's something I'm looking into.

Sorry for the Green shorts btw, only colour shorts I had which would stand out in the low light conditions!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:18:30 PM by Saavedra »

ChrisIsaak

Re: My proportions - can I pull off 5'11"?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:29:29 PM »

You look perfectly normal at 180 cm. 185 cm seems a bit off to me, but you could easily compensate for the change in proportions by building up your upper body - you're fairly slim at the moment. Just as you said.

Saavedra

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:33:05 PM »

You look perfectly normal at 180 cm. 185 cm seems a bit off to me, but you could easily compensate for the change in proportions by building up your upper body - you're fairly slim at the moment. Just as you said.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of a difference building upper body mass would make at 185.  I have no desire to be that tall anyway.  I'd rather be 181 and better proportioned. 

Smallguy

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:01:29 PM »

I know Calic who did 5.5cm (sorry I forgot exactly how much) was also in your shoes. He had the longest tibae out of all the patients at my farewell party. You should breeze through his diary.

Base on the pic, I agree with Chris. I think you can easily pull off 180cm. I was going to say your 185cm looks natural, but when you said that your shirt reached the bottom of your groin, then I would think that your legs would be too long in relative to your upper proportion. Honestly, if I had a wingspan of 185cm, then I wouldn't mind going for 185cm myself. However, I'm already reaching the limit as you can tell... so 3-4cm more would already make me out of proportion.

Changing from 5'6 to 5'9 and I go outside every day, no one commented on my proportion. Everyone just commented on other things. So I think that in general, the people on this forum is a bit proportion obessessed. Even a girl who I valued her opinion (because she is blunt) said that the only thing she notice about me is that I'm well dressed. Period. Maybe that's because I'm still under average height... so I can't same say the experience would be the same for someone who goes from 5'8.5 to 6'0.

If the bottom of your groin is 2 inches lower (and not at your shirt), then your 185cm photo looks like the model below.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:15:05 PM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Saavedra

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »

Yeah I know, even if my torso was 3cm longer it'd make the world of difference...I refuse ever to wear any t-shirt that falls more than half way below the buttocks (or covers the penis even in the slightest) because otherwise it begins to look like I'm wearing a dress! One thing I never liked on the old forum was people saying "hide your proportions shirt your clothes - wear longer t-shirts!" But long t-shirts look awful and sloppy and women don't like that  :(

Smallguy

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:47 AM »

True. And eventually if you work in business or have a white collar job, you will need to wear dress shirt and tuck your shirt inside your pants. There is no room to hide anything there. And it is counter-intuitive to have to hide something after LL and after all the money you have paid. Yeah

180cm is a perfect height for me. Most women I ask prefer this height and no taller. The first reason is most girls are in the 5'4 to 5'8 range. Dating someone over 6'1 would make them look dwarf. So I believe the height advantage after 5'11 to 6'0 is very minimal or none. And from my experience, most tall girls don't really care about height... it's just the same as when you ask black guy about penis size. It's probably something they already have and are not concern about.

The pic below is what the people around here typically wear to the office. I'm also wearing a suspenders and short-sleeve shirt tomorrow because it's summer here. There is no room to hide your proportion here.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:17:11 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

theuprising

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:24 AM »

How much experience with black guy penis have you had to make such a statement smallguy?
 :P

Smallguy

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 01:57:36 AM »

Not enough to make you jealous. How many did you had??!! lol... just kidding.

Good one though. For a moment I was flabbergasted.

I live in a very superficial society. That's why fashion, clothing, status, and appearances are all important.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:15:43 AM by Smallguy »

Sweden

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:29 AM »

I would do 6cm and call it a day.

Btw, if you're in to sports then forget about the surgery. It will bust you up permanently. It will never be like before.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Arche

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 05:06:35 AM »

I would do 6cm and call it a day.

Btw, if you're in to sports then forget about the surgery. It will bust you up permanently. It will never be like before.

Your negativity is pulling the entire forum down collectively. You went to a back-alley doctor in India that was promoted by a businessman pretending to be a forum moderator. You should give that disclaimer before posting anything on this forum. It seems as though the OP has a good head on his shoulders, and could possibly afford Paley or a decent European doctor. With something like CLL, the onus is on the patient even more so than the doctor. However, I do think your advice about lengthening a moderate distance (6 cm) is good advice. Saying abrupt things like CLL will "bust you up permanently" is a hyperbole that you somehow feel the authority to state as a fact. I meant to private message you, but I think this needs to be stated publicly. As for a Sarin patient, you could have ended up worse, however, like others, I was rooting for you to recover and persevere through a bad decision that I hope we can help future CLL patients not make.

Sweden

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »

I know enough to say that you will never recover to the same point as before. It is impossible.
You totally change your bio mechanics.
The lengthening phase is the same at Dr Xia, Sarin, Sringari, Franz.......

Your knees will get a different impact than before. In every stride you can always feel that your tibias are longer than they used to. This too has nothing to do which doctor you go to.
You can never run as before(not saying you will never run again).

You call it negativism bc you probably don't want to hear the bold truth, but this is the reality of LL. Regardless of which doctor you go to.

Nobody seem to speak of everyday aches or things they can't do anymore after LL. Not many did as much as I did before LL and if you're fine with being restricted then there's no problem.

I'm now 1 year post frame removal and I know a lot more now than before the surgery. Extremely few tell about their problems. Most patients just vanish.
Everyone says they enjoy their new height(like in the thread "Sweden") but that is just wishful thinking.
There is a lot more behind the scenes regarding LL than you think.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:02:26 AM »

I know enough to say that you will never recover to the same point as before. It is impossible.
You totally change your bio mechanics.
The lengthening phase is the same at Dr Xia, Sarin, Sringari, Franz.......

Your knees will get a different impact than before. In every stride you can always feel that your tibias are longer than they used to. This too has nothing to do which doctor you go to.
You can never run as before(not saying you will never run again).

You call it negativism bc you probably don't want to hear the bold truth, but this is the reality of LL. Regardless of which doctor you go to.

Nobody seem to speak of everyday aches or things they can't do anymore after LL. Not many did as much as I did before LL and if you're fine with being restricted then there's no problem.

I'm now 1 year post frame removal and I know a lot more now than before the surgery. Extremely few tell about their problems. Most patients just vanish.
Everyone says they enjoy their new height(like in the thread "Sweden") but that is just wishful thinking.
There is a lot more behind the scenes regarding LL than you think.

While i agree with you to a degree, would you say that when one changes the tibia femur ratio, the biomechanics can become "different" rather than always worse? What i mean is that people have different length of tibias and femurs, sure there is a general ratio but there are deviations and if you dont lengthen to much you can still remain in the section of proportions that is considered normal. I agree that lenghtening 7 cm or more is to much, and will most likely negatively effect the biomechanics of the legs.

So what im saying is, dont you think a person who lengthens a small ammount, will have slightly different strides etc, but they are not neccesarily worse than before? the person might run a bit differently but the added length might lead to both positives and negatives compared to before to make it roughly equal, so once adapted to the lengthened legs one might be able to run as fast as before.

Sweden

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:45:09 AM »

You're only going to lengthen 4cm. That will most likely don't give you a problem with walking or running.

A normal person doesn't have longer tibias than femurs, or even close to equal.

Saavedra

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »

True. And eventually if you work in business or have a white collar job, you will need to wear dress shirt and tuck your shirt inside your pants. There is no room to hide anything there. And it is counter-intuitive to have to hide something after LL and after all the money you have paid. Yeah

180cm is a perfect height for me. Most women I ask prefer this height and no taller. The first reason is most girls are in the 5'4 to 5'8 range. Dating someone over 6'1 would make them look dwarf. So I believe the height advantage after 5'11 to 6'0 is very minimal or none. And from my experience, most tall girls don't really care about height... it's just the same as when you ask black guy about penis size. It's probably something they already have and are not concern about.

I agree with what you said about 180cm.  I think people really do overestimate how tall people are and how tall is 'good'.   I was sitting in the car yesterday and realised if my sitting height was 5cm taller and my legs were say 7cm longer, I'd have real trouble being comfortable in the car.  All the best sportsmen at my college were around 6' - not any higher really.  Yeah you got the 6'4" guy built like a skyscraper who was good at rugby, but 90% of people were faster and more agile than him.   Out of 60 boys in my year, the tallest was 'only' 6'3".  The most attractive guy was 5'10", and not a single girl held that against him.  Would they have liked him better at 6'1"? I'm sceptical.  I never liked the narrative on the other site that "bigger ALWAYS means better". 

First of all, girls over exaggerate height.  I challenge anyone here to be able to differentiate between a 6'4" guy and a 6'6" guy when close up.  Now imagine scaling that down.  How many women can really tell the difference between 6' and 6'1"? or 6'1"  and 6'3" for that matter?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:29:38 PM by Saavedra »

Wannabegiant

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »

You're only going to lengthen 4cm. That will most likely don't give you a problem with walking or running.

A normal person doesn't have longer tibias than femurs, or even close to equal.

Yeah that definitely seems to be true, ive actually never seen a person who had longer tibias, its probably for a good reason.

Sweden if you dont mind me asking, how are your femur-tibia ratios after the surgery? are they close to equal in length now? btw im glad you are making progress with running recently

Saavedra

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »

Reminds me of this guy on old forum :

http://i49.tinypic.com/rsv4ts.png

I was shocked by how some people said he looked 'ok'.

Especially considering this was him at 180...

Hanna84

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »

Ok, he really looks weird.  :-\

You look good at 1,80. maybe you could pull off 1,82
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

Saavedra

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »

I think I'm just going to do 5cm.  I don't want to risk anything.

I'm glad everyone on here says I look weird at 185 - I guarantee you on old forum  they would have said I look "great"!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »

Reminds me of this guy on old forum :

http://i49.tinypic.com/rsv4ts.png

I was shocked by how some people said he looked 'ok'.

Especially considering this was him at 180...

What, people really said that guy looked fine in that mockup? That mockup makes him look like a kid on top of stilts.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Saavedra

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 03:43:48 PM »

What, people really said that guy looked fine in that mockup? That mockup makes him look like a kid on top of stilts.

One member did.  The rest said this mockup (180) was just too much.  Honestly his original photo looked like a mockup, unfortunately for him :/

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »

One member did.  The rest said this mockup (180) was just too much.  Honestly his original photo looked like a mockup, unfortunately for him :/
It's photos like that that reinforce my opinion that proportions shouldn't be completely disregarded. Do know how much of an increase that mockup was to his starting height?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:30:59 PM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Saavedra

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »

It's photos like that that reinforce my opinion that proportions shouldn't be completely disregarded. Do know how much of an increase that mockup was tho his starting height?

His original height was 158. 

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img32/2493/llshoes.jpg

It's people like this I feel the worst for.  He can't lengthen much at all.  An increase from 5'1.5" to 5'4" is hardly going to make that much of a difference for him.  I can't bare to think how I'd feel being like this :/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:24:33 PM by Saavedra »

Blackhawk

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »

Yeah I'm about 5'6" and feel short most of the time but 5'1.5" is super short.  But I think gaining 4 or 5 inches would make a huge difference to someone who is that short.

elvergalarga

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 04:21:44 AM »

Ey. ? Im 5 4 or 1.63 ctms, and only aspire a 6 ctms in 2 segments, 3 in my tibiae, and 3 or 3.5 ctms in my fe,urs, its all, to finish in 1.68 o 1.69 ctms, some like 5. 6 1/2 and i ll very happy

Adriano

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 10:09:26 AM »

It's people like this I feel the worst for.  He can't lengthen much at all.  An increase from 5'1.5" to 5'4" is hardly going to make that much of a difference for him.  I can't bare to think how I'd feel being like this :/

he has a short torso BUT he is also wearing his pants way too high.

TRS

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:46 AM »

Correction, 158cm = 5'2.5 and not 5'1.5

Saavedra

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »

he has a short torso BUT he is also wearing his pants way too high.

He's not wearing them too high. That's exactly where formal trousers should be worn.  Obviously in everday life you won't have your shirt tucked in like that, but he's wearing his trousers in the correct place, not halfway down his hips like most young guys nowadays. 

IamAndrew

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 02:32:56 AM »

Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

Moubgf

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 12:31:16 AM »

yeah bro,

after 5'11 things start to get a little sketchy in terms of proportions. but fk it bro you only live once and you are taller than 90% of people on this forum already. Go all out buddy get that 6'1 like you own it.

westercoasten

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »

Can u tell us how much u did in the mock ups per segment?

GeTs

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »

looks like a spider
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up