Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Really weird proportions  (Read 4921 times)

Siesmicec

• Visitor
Really weird proportions
« on: April 23, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »

Hey guys! I was wondering if there is anything I can do about my proportions.
My height is 175.5cm/5"9
My wingspan is 194cm/6"4.
My floor inseam is 89.5cm/35 inches.
My weight is 80kg/176 lbs

Notes: I do not have malfrans or testosterone deficiency disorders. I am rather muscular and in very good health.

I'm turning 18 in a few weeks I thought I would even out as this my body proportions for a few months now, should i do limb shortening or would my torso possibly even out?

My sitting height is 84cm*

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:07:55 PM by Siesmicec »

myloginacct

Re: Really weird proportions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »

Nothing wrong with having a wingspan much higher than your height (if you measured everything correctly). The opposite is more worrying for people.

Those are your natural proportions and you're not short. I don't see why you should do LL when you probably have more important things to worry about.

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »

Seeing your edit, and getting clearer picture now:

I'm turning 18 in a few weeks I thought I would even out as this my body proportions for a few months now, should i do limb shortening or would my torso possibly even out?

84 / 175.5 = 0.478

That makes your sitting height ratio about 0.48. It's about 2 standard deviations below the mean for people of Dutch ancestry, but still within the normal distribution of that population. It's above average if you are an Aboriginal Australian. It's all still within the normal human variation range.

The torso is also supposedly (based on what I've read; I haven't independently looked this up before) among the last body parts to keep growing in men, so your SHR should only get closer to the mean of people of Northern European extraction, if that's what you're worried about.

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

Either way, don't even bother thinking about this. You're not even 18 yet.

Your body is fine, and you're not even totally done growing yet.

Knik

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »

wingspan 194 ??????
if it was 180 or 185 I could believe it but here it looks unbelievable
Looking for Pili

Siesmicec

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:25:13 PM »

wingspan 194 ??????
if it was 180 or 185 I could believe it but here it looks unbelievable
It is true haha, my palms reach my kneecaps

doomsday

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »

Hey guys! I was wondering if there is anything I can do about my proportions.
My height is 175.5cm/5"9
My wingspan is 194cm/6"4.
My floor inseam is 89.5cm/35 inches.
My weight is 80kg/176 lbs

Notes: I do not have malfrans or testosterone deficiency disorders. I am rather muscular and in very good health.

are you sure you measured you sitting height correctly? You actually need to sit on a stool or something. not on the floor

Siesmicec

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 06:23:58 AM »

are you sure you measured you sitting height correctly? You actually need to sit on a stool or something. not on the floor
I just triple checked and it's 82cm on a chair/stool

doomsday

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 11:29:39 AM »

Are you by any chance black? Coz you got pretty interesting body proportions. Can you post a photo standing?

Knik

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »

can we have a picture of your body to see the lenght of your arms ?
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 05:20:30 PM »

His proportions are still gonna change more until he makes to 21.

Imo, he should forget about these "issues"* completely until that age.

*They're actually non-issues.

Siesmicec

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 05:21:51 PM »

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 06:20:16 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/XBTZzUN

Here is a pic

Your torso should still grow more until 21, but yeah, considering you're "black" (i.e., most likely SS West African genetics), your proportions fall even more under the normal distribution of your ethnic group. It's nothing you should worry about.

I've mentioned it multiple times before, but most Sub-Saharan African peoples have longer arms and legs, while having shorter torsos, when compared to whites of the same exact height. This will mean a lower populational SHR and generally bigger wingspans, naturally. The source for all these claims are linked there.

Despite these anthropometric facts, I bet no one here knew about those until learning about them online, even if you saw black people everyday on the streets. This is why I say some people get obsessed with proportions in these forums, when they're not even uniform across nature, and they never batted an eye to the more differently proportionate people in the streets.

Android

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/XBTZzUN

Here is a pic

I'm not too sensitive to proportions so I would not have noticed unless it was pointed out, especially with the long shorts working as camouflage. We don't often walk around with both our arms straight down our sides either.

If you're not bothered by your height, I wouldn't rush to CLL. Clothing, posture, and even hand placement (crossing arms, pockets, etc.) can greatly influence how proportions are perceived.

And like it was mentioned previously, you might not be done growing either. But if you still feel uncomfortable in a few years, having longer arms is not a bad trait for a prospective CLL patient.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »

I'm not too sensitive to proportions so I would not have noticed unless it was pointed out, especially with the long shorts working as camouflage. We don't often walk around with both our arms straight down our sides either.

If you're not bothered by your height, I wouldn't rush to CLL. Clothing, posture, and even hand placement (crossing arms, pockets, etc.) can greatly influence how proportions are perceived.

And like it was mentioned previously, you might not be done growing either. But if you still feel uncomfortable in a few years, having longer arms is not a bad trait for a prospective CLL patient.

He seems to want CLS, not CLL.

He seems to think his torso/sitting height is too short/low for his proportions. It's completely normal, specially given he is of SSA descent (black).

His wingspan is also specially normal given his genetics, and a bonus if he ever wants lengthening instead of shortening, as you pointed out.

Android

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 07:27:36 PM »

He seems to want CLS, not CLL.

Ah. Not saying it's a complete waste of time and money, but IMO the risks outweigh the benefits.

Siesmicec, where does your insecurity come from? Have you been picked on or is it something you randomly noticed?
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Siesmicec

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 04:23:04 AM »

Ah. Not saying it's a complete waste of time and money, but IMO the risks outweigh the benefits.

Siesmicec, where does your insecurity come from? Have you been picked on or is it something you randomly noticed?

Randomly noticed, no one has ever negatively pointed it out

Android

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 04:34:18 AM »

Randomly noticed, no one has ever negatively pointed it out

Good! Don't worry too much about it then, especially if no one else really notices or cares. We're our worst critic.

doomsday

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:25 PM »

I dont think your torso will grow any more , no need to make false hopes. You are looking fully developed and probably hit puberty around 12-13 yo.  But it doesnt  matter ,you fully proportional and 5'9 is decent height.

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »

I dont think your torso will grow any more , no need to make false hopes. You are looking fully developed and probably hit puberty around 12-13 yo.  But it doesnt  matter ,you fully proportional and 5'9 is decent height.

The sitting height studies themselves use 21 as the cutoff age. One user here reported growing one inch from 18 to 21 too, so none of us can tell for sure.

Like you said, though, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He's a good height and proportional for his ethnic group.

doomsday

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 03:01:16 PM »

show me those studies. And i dont care what someone has said on the internet when it comes to estimating their growth in different age since its really difficult to measure.

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »

show me those studies. And i dont care what someone has said on the internet when it comes to estimating their growth in different age since its really difficult to measure.

http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807

doomsday

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 03:50:54 PM »

http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807
OK, so where is that bit saying there is some growth in the torso after 18?

doomsday

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »

OK, so where is that bit saying there is some growth in the torso after 18? Or do you mean that 1 cm difference in the graph between 18 and 21 which could be statistical error, considering that 1 cm difference can be obtained by measuring at different time of a day.

myloginacct

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 04:01:09 PM »

OK, so where is that bit saying there is some growth in the torso after 18?

Strawman argument.

doomsday

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 04:25:41 PM »

just stop chatting  

myloginacct

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 07:41:02 PM »

Glad we could clear it up.

mirser93

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »

Still amazes me how different proportions can be between different persons : you are 6/7 cm taller than me but i have a sitting height that falls in the 90-92 cm range.
P. S. With such a monster wingspan you should start boxing, you have +7 APE Index!

Siesmicec

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 11:48:48 PM »

Glad we could clear it up.
Yes I'm starting boxing this month

YungGud

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 12:10:11 AM »

i had around 0.75 growth between 18-21
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Siesmicec

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »

I'd like to point out that my arms and legs grew alot longer only in the past year, my torso hasn't grown since 15 but I was proportionate (as in 0.52x) to my limbs at that age

Note: I'm half Arabic( Dubai) Descent and my uncles are all 6ft or more from both sides (mom and dad)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up