Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL with Guichet master craftsman, patient report  (Read 1386 times)

fencejumper

• Visitor
LL with Guichet master craftsman, patient report
« on: December 02, 2021, 09:39:09 PM »

I have had LL with Doctor Guichet and I am just coming to this forum. I made lengthening when Dr Guichet was making surgery in France which was quite few years ago. Now it’s Milan and London.

I find Dr Guichet like master craftsman very dedicated to successful results of the patients, also very knowledgeable in holistic way of human body managing lengthening with best outcomes. There is many things to say.

I will give answers for your research. You can ask me many questions.

limbcllnea

Re: LL with Guichet master craftsman, patient report
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:52:26 PM »

Hey, thanks for doing this.
1) How many cm did you do and for which bone?

2) Could you describe the clicking process/technique? Were you able to do clicks by yourself or did you need assistance?

E Z

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 03:37:08 AM »

This doctor has butchered a lot of people and had a patient die of a blood clot under his own hands. Please avoid this man at all cost

fencejumper

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 01:36:17 PM »

When I hear about this case it is sad but also my takeaway is 'this can happen to anybody' because Dr Guichet is extremely meticulous. But other side also is patient's responsibility. When I was lengthening was a patient who didn't stick to regime very well. Doctor must be excellent. But also patient have great responsibility.

For stopping blood clot, patient must wear compression stocking, raise leg, keep some activity. Did this patient do those things?

fencejumper

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 01:47:35 PM »

questpeanut, clicking process was exceptional. It was approximately 2006 long time ago and in that time there wasn't so much internal nail it was external fixator. Dr Guichet developed internal clickable nail that cannot click by mistake because you must bend leg so it is under control of patient. It is fully weight bearing nail remember this is long time ago, probably Guichet has even more better equipment now. Nail is biocompatible, Dr Guichet said was shiny when he removes it. I gained 10cm. So i think Dr Guichet is ahead of his time at forefront from a lot of years ago and continually developing even better regime now because recently I heard of more excellent results.

I will return back and post more involving this experience. When you want ask me many questions.

limbcllnea

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 03:16:12 PM »

I ask because Giotikas is using this nail now and every single person has trouble clicking and needs to hire an assistant to help them click. No one could click by themselves.m

fencejumper

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 06:12:37 PM »

I didn't ever need to have the assistance for the clicking but there is a technique and you've got to 'find the spot'. I found the design impressive because can't click inadvertly, there was a nail that was outlawed because there wasn't the control it clicked too easily.

Super-JR

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 08:49:45 AM »

Thank you for sharing, I am also a patient of Dr Guichet and had the surgery May 2021.

Super-JR

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »

I ask because Giotikas is using this nail now and every single person has trouble clicking and needs to hire an assistant to help them click. No one could click by themselves.m

I had difficulty with clicking the few weeks and needed someone's support, but after getting used to it I started doing it by myself. It became a daily routine which I would also do while I was at the park or inside a restaurant. Also, each patient needs to find their clicking method. I also find that being flexible helps with clicking. That is why Dr. Guichet has a pre-operative training program, to lessen difficulties for his patients during lengthening. I do not know if other lengthening surgeons do the same.

V21

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 10:32:42 AM »

I had difficulty with clicking the few weeks and needed someone's support, but after getting used to it I started doing it by myself. It became a daily routine which I would also do while I was at the park or inside a restaurant. Also, each patient needs to find their clicking method. I also find that being flexible helps with clicking. That is why Dr. Guichet has a pre-operative training program, to lessen difficulties for his patients during lengthening. I do not know if other lengthening surgeons do the same.
Then we are doing something wrong lol. None of us would be able to do it in a park. In fact, all of us needed asistance from another person during all the lenghtening. It would be interesting to share videos to see what we are doing wrong. There are many ways to click and maybe we are not using the best.

Nyc brother

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 12:26:07 PM »

It’s funny that we are speaking about clicking, because I was just thinking about it today. The Dr is amazing (for me) and PT is good. The thing is all of us here in Athens need to hire nurses to help us click. The way the doctor made it sound is we can click by ourselves. It seems like some patients come from wealthier backgrounds and they knew they were going to hire nurses/assistants. Even if they didn’t know they are happy to do it. What I’m trying to say, is if you are on a budget please take into consideration the financial costs of nurses - you will need it for sure the first month if you come by yourself.

edencorvo

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 12:39:26 PM »

i sense marketing vibes from this post. show photos and videos to make us believe.

Nyc brother

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 05:34:09 PM »

Sorry buddy, you can smell whatever you want.

ALL the patients in Athens know me.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 05:46:22 PM »

Sorry buddy, you can smell whatever you want.

ALL the patients in Athens know me.
He is not talking about u but about this dumb post aimed at promoting

MorningStar

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2021, 06:14:01 PM »

Nyc brother is legit patient. I meet this guy at least few times per week in PT center.
+6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67949.0
2021-08-26: First surgery
2021-11-24: Nailing surgery

limbcllnea

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 04:26:35 PM »

It’s funny that we are speaking about clicking, because I was just thinking about it today. The Dr is amazing (for me) and PT is good. The thing is all of us here in Athens need to hire nurses to help us click. The way the doctor made it sound is we can click by ourselves.

Yeah, something is definitely wrong here. Most Guichet and Betz patients click by themselves without an assistant. Not a single Giotikas patients click by themselves. All using a nearly identical nail.

Nyc brother

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2021, 08:33:47 PM »

I am telling you the facts. For those who think I am trying to market the nurses kindly please kiss my ass. There are some very mentally strong dudes here in Athens and No one is clicking by themselves. My previous post was saying that a lot of us had to hire the nurses to help us and it’s an extra expense. (Side note:  the head nurse is very good and skilled at what she does, but that’s not the point of this post, we are speaking about finances)

I wanted to help you to take into consideration that expense in your budget @ Masteryourlife IF you come of course..

Anyways I agree it is very strange that we cannot click on our own. I don’t know the answer.

Super-JR

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 09:24:04 AM »

He is not talking about u but about this dumb post aimed at promoting

@Masteryourlife and @edencorvo thank you for warning us of these promoting posts.

Super-JR

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2021, 09:39:34 AM »

Warning: This is not a promotion, this is based on real experience!

On my comment I was talking about my clicking experience, of course there were some patients that could not click alone and they need someone's assistance, in my group. You also have to consider that Dr Guichet 30 years of experience with clicking method, so I think he learned many technics over the years.

fencejumper

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2021, 08:14:35 PM »

It is definitely technique with the clicking because I always have managed to do the clicking. Design of nail is one of (many) reason I chose to LL with Dr. Guichet.

Somebody said promotion but it isn't promotion. It is simple truth. Dr. Guichet has records of all his patients with comprehensive statistics and he is pioneer of LL, he started it with animals I think dog and rabbit many many years ago and invented the nail. If you attend the consultation you can get a good idea about Dr. Guichet approach.

I will come back and include more details. You can ask more questions if you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up