Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Journey with Dr Pili(HEF)  (Read 28849 times)

fivetenneeded2016

Re: My Journey with Dr Pili(HEF)
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »

latest xrays(month 7 post op):
http://imgur.com/a/thqvjxd

callouses look much better. Pili says i would be off frames in 3 months, so 10 month circa for around 8.5+cm(wont tell how much exactly) ;). walking is good in terms of speed and comfort. No achilles loosening i can feel, i can stand on my toes too if i try. I have been dating a while, no one can tell my proportions are wierd nked too. I feel it looks much better now, proportion wise.

Also for some alignment issue, I would have to lengthen .75cm more on left leg at .5mm a day post which final correction/compession would be done on that leg. Dr Pili is a perfectionist when it comes to alignment, thats the main reason i chose him ;)

The other folks who lengthened with me too did similar amounts may be 1-2 cm less but 2 dint require atl as well.

This month i saw a significant callous imporvement. Apart from deca, I did these in addition to last month:
1. walked 1 hour in 4 sets of 15 mins
2. protien(60-70g) + bone broth while walking/cycling
3. calcium 500mg tablets spaced 3 hours apart, 4 times a day
4. vitamin d3, 20000IU 3 hours before first calcium dose.

things i plan to do:
1. low dose magnesium tablets
2. letrozole/hgh (planning to research soon)
3. LIPUS(yet to find under 200$ alternative for exogen)

If anyone has insights to 2,3. please let me know. I just read about letrozole, i dont know its efficacy for callous formation in cases of bone gap.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

cheekycabs

« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »

Excellent work man, looks like you're well on your way.

I'll try my best to help you with your questions.

2) I ams till trying to get a grasp and understanding about estrogen (letro) and it's effects on bone metabolism, osteoblasts, and osteoclasts. From what I am reading, you actually want to have estrogen in your endocrine system to promote osteoblasts, but PLEASE research and make sure it's correct. My sources are as follows:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_resorption

"Bone resorption rates are much higher in post-menopausal older women due to estrogen deficiency related with menopause.[7] Common treatments include drugs that increase bone mineral density."

https://courses.washington.edu/bonephys/esteffects.html

"Osteoclast apoptosis is regulated by estrogens. With estrogen deficiency, the osteoclasts live longer and are therefore able to resorb more bone. In response to the increased bone resorption, there is increased bone formation and a high-turnover state develops which leads to bone loss and perforation of the trabecular plates."

From that I am concluding that as you inhibit estrogen (main thing letro does) you have more bone loss. But, people will take letro to stop their plates from closing, allowing for growth. I'm a bit confused as well :|

3) I found this 2 month rental for a device in the UK. Is that where you're stationed?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exogen-Ultrasound-Healing-System-Months/dp/B07G35FMPL/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1542673401&sr=8-1&keywords=exogen

Let me know what you think.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

cheekycabs

« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

Also, as I mentioned before I'm running low dose testosterone, about 100mg/wk, maybe even less. This is to fight muscle atrophy and allow me to even gain muscle mass. A side of this is actually estrogen development, usually I run something similar to a letrozole, most bodybuilders do this to combat gynocomastea "male tits", but I've decided against it after reading similar articles such as above. As I said, I'm only running small doses. My x-rays are in my diary thread, and it sounds like I have good callous, but I'm nowhere near as far as you yet so I have time to go.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Neraluna

• Visitor
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »

Hey man ,
I’ve been reading you’re story and I really want to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I’m 24 years old Italian , I talked with Dr. Pili about two weeks ago , planning to do LL Tibia in September / October 2019. I am 161cm tall, and would like to add +8cm on my tibia.
I am so so nervous about it, i’m Afraid it might look unnatural  :( :( 

BTW how are you ? How much time left before frames removal ?
Height: 161cm - First goal: 167-168cm.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »

Hey man ,
I’ve been reading you’re story and I really want to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I’m 24 years old Italian , I talked with Dr. Pili about two weeks ago , planning to do LL Tibia in September / October 2019. I am 161cm tall, and would like to add +8cm on my tibia.

8cm would not make you look unnatural, unless you have really long legs! Its doable, dont listen to the people on the forum. Most have not done LL at all, they spreaf rumors. Go for it, without overthinking. Pili is excellent! If I dont dp my femurs with albizzia, i would choose him.
I have 3-4 months to go may be.
159-181.

Neraluna

• Visitor
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »

8cm would not make you look unnatural, unless you have really long legs! Its doable, dont listen to the people on the forum. Most have not done LL at all, they spreaf rumors. Go for it, without overthinking. Pili is excellent! If I dont dp my femurs with albizzia, i would choose him.
I have 3-4 months to go may be.

Glad to hear that , thanks !
I wish you a great recover man.  ;)

How is your walking atm ? Do you feel any pain ?
Height: 161cm - First goal: 167-168cm.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2018, 06:54:30 AM »

Glad to hear that , thanks !
I wish you a great recover man.  ;)

How is your walking atm ? Do you feel any pain ?
Thanks man :)
My walking is reallys good! It was always good except for 2-3 weeks when I was bedridden after ATL. It beccame normal again after they removed the pins for ATL.
Pain I get somedays, may be due to consolidation. Otherwise I am able to focus on work everyday :)
Most of it is already mentioned on my diary. Give it a read :)
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2018, 06:11:04 PM »

Update: I have started using the Exogen 4000+(second hand) and since many are interested in faster consolidation, I would try a first hand experiment. So, my left leg, if you check the xray or read my older post, lags a bit in consolidation than my right. So I intend to use the device only for my left leg and report my xray every month to assess if its beneficial.
So far I have used it twice, and already one thing I noticed was, even after the first use, I feel less pain while putting more weight. Well may be its because ultrasound is also used for pain allevating.
I would update my subsequent xrays here for those who would want to make a decision about using a LIPUS device during consolidation.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2019, 07:16:52 AM »

new xrays:
http://imgur.com/a/oZopGZ3

My left leg(right on the image) still has some deformity that needs to be fixed, hence correction phase on the left leg and right is doing quite well(almost healed). I would have a few more visits pending before frame removal. This is the second visit with just that leg correction. This time too he just adjusted the struts and also flipped the hinges, I would update it this worked next visit. Saying that, I want to be done with corrections already and just visit next for frame removal :/

Overall I see improvement in bone healing since calcium vitamin d3 routine, yet to determine the efficacy of ultrasound since its been very recent.

One of my other batchmates who did around 8( i guess everyone did atleast 8cm), would require ATL too since he overdid his own self made excercises for flexibility which gave him a bit of deformed foot, also he requires a medullary graft surgery since his bone growth was not upto mark.

I also asked Pili about albizzia vs stryde, where he expressed his strong preference of the latter. Also he prefers to do 8cm as 5cm + 3cm(consolidate at 5 and rebreak for 3) if there is a deformity and direct 8cm only if no deformity. He said it would cost 55-60k € for stryde. Might still prefer Betz overall seeing good success rates and cheaper price and 9-10 cm possibility instead of 8, but not Sure.

He told me a few albizzia and precise patients who came to him for nail removal, had a bit of deformity due to uncontrolled lengthening(above theory). He even mentioned a doctor Guichet's patient who had the above issue at frame removal(since Guichet too is in milan).

I like the fact that Pili is so specific about perfect results, which is why so much corrections. This is the reason I chose him, coz of perfect aligned bones ;)

Oh, and Happy New year to all.
159-181.

cool

« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2019, 08:31:24 AM »

The right side on the xray looks a bit obviously out of alignment to the nked eye. Hope you are able to correct it fast. Good luck and happy new year!

please keep updating us about your progress!
8)

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2019, 01:09:01 PM »

feb update:

first the xrays
http://imgur.com/a/Z0eRxCf

Pili said the good news is i am like 2 months away from frame removal, and he would confirm that on my xray in next 3 weeks. I am now officially told to give up crutches gradually. I canwalk better unaided these days. Also if you see the left leg(right on the xray) got denser calllous than right(left on the xray). I could credit it to the face that i used exogen 2 times on the left. Initally left had weaker callous.

My axial deformity on left left(right on pic) is somewhat gone. Pili said it should be fine.

Also I went to guichet's gym and met simone(the user here) who did 7.5 with guichet. I could meet guichet in person since he had a surgery in london. simone seems to do awesome with running/jumping.

Just found it funny how people judge docs here based on 1-2 cases.
159-181.

cool

« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2019, 01:42:15 PM »

Great going fivetenneeded2016!

The left leg still looks a bit misaligned but I am no ortho and your doctor knows better. Maybe it will have no impact on functionality.

interesting about Guichet. yes it is best to visit doctors in person and meet real patients. But it is very hard to do so because everyone wants to keep this surgery private.

and I hope simone doesnt do femurs again. 12+cm on femurs alone might be a bit too much on anyone.
8)

myloginacc

« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2019, 12:16:54 AM »

Hey, FTN. How many times do you reckon you had to be on antibiotics during your LL journey?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2019, 06:02:56 AM »

Hey, FTN. How many times do you reckon you had to be on antibiotics during your LL journey?
I took antibiotics only when I feared I got pinsite infection and during ATL, when I had real bad pain at the pin site at the heels. I took painkillers for 4 days post op for main surgery, for weeks during atl and a day or two during consolidation.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:06:17 AM by fivetenneeded2016 »
159-181.

MirinHeight

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2019, 06:06:36 AM »

feb update:

first the xrays
http://imgur.com/a/Z0eRxCf

Pili said the good news is i am like 2 months away from frame removal, and he would confirm that on my xray in next 3 weeks. I am now officially told to give up crutches gradually. I canwalk better unaided these days. Also if you see the left leg(right on the xray) got denser calllous than right(left on the xray). I could credit it to the face that i used exogen 2 times on the left. Initally left had weaker callous.

My axial deformity on left left(right on pic) is somewhat gone. Pili said it should be fine.

Also I went to guichet's gym and met simone(the user here) who did 7.5 with guichet. I could meet guichet in person since he had a surgery in london. simone seems to do awesome with running/jumping.

Just found it funny how people judge docs here based on 1-2 cases.

does your walking appear normal right now? or do you still limp slightly when walking unaided

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2019, 09:03:15 AM »

does your walking appear normal right now? or do you still limp slightly when walking unaided
I do limp a little and i guess that is coz i walk crutchless quite less. I need to find my gait and post that would post a video
159-181.

Cr7

« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »

I finished reading your diary, some setbacks you had (atl surgery). Nonetheless a very good outcome. How do you feel now with those extra added height? Do you feel normal now reagarding pain.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2019, 11:20:40 AM »

I finished reading your diary, some setbacks you had (atl surgery). Nonetheless a very good outcome. How do you feel now with those extra added height? Do you feel normal now reagarding pain.
Thanks man, I feel normal in terms of mobility and flexibility. I walk just as fast though on crutchres. Just waiting for crutches to be off and learn my new gait. I am still short though just under 170. No pain though.
Seeing how addictive each cm is, I cant wait to start my femurs probably this year end or next year starting.

Yes Atl was hard and painful but so far i dont have any problems. I would update once my crutches are off and i start a bit of running/sports reagrding the impact of everything.
159-181.

simons

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2019, 02:45:12 PM »

Hey man ,

Not to hackjack my friend fivetenneeded2016 discussion but since you are Italian if you want to visit Milan and arrange a meeting with Dr Guichet patients you can send me a pvt.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »

Not to hackjack my friend fivetenneeded2016 discussion but since you are Italian if you want to visit Milan and arrange a meeting with Dr Guichet patients you can send me a pvt.
Haha, its alright bro, it was really nice meeting you :) You have really impressive mobility/athletic functions, couldnt makeout you did LL. Guichet is now again one of my choices ;) Hope your femurs go well, see you in april again :)
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2019, 02:27:22 PM »

update:
so i gradually am transitioning to walking unaided, hopefully by a week more I should be walking fulltime unaided.
Here is a video of how it looks, although I am yet to find my gait.(It would also have another video too ;))
http://imgur.com/a/X20B9Ag
Also Here is my xray taken 3 days ago:
http://imgur.com/a/k8SFNw1

I am yet to get comments on it from my doc, post which we would schedule the frame removal.
159-181.

Great321

« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »

Congratulations ;D

tombrada

« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »

Hiya - when are you planning to do your femurs may I ask?

Thanks!

Great321

« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2019, 07:22:33 PM »

update:
so i gradually am transitioning to walking unaided, hopefully by a week more I should be walking fulltime unaided.
Here is a video of how it looks, although I am yet to find my gait.(It would also have another video too ;))
http://imgur.com/a/X20B9Ag
Also Here is my xray taken 3 days ago:
http://imgur.com/a/k8SFNw1

I am yet to get comments on it from my doc, post which we would schedule the frame removal.

Great update! Can you please change the first link? It doesn't work for me...

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »

Hiya - when are you planning to do your femurs may I ask?

Thanks!
as soon as i have the money for it😜😜
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »

Great update! Can you please change the first link? It doesn't work for me...
Great, I delete the videos in a day or two after update(privacy measure) :/
159-181.

Great321

« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2019, 10:12:24 AM »

Hey how are you doing? I had followed your diary for a long time and hope you're fine.

BeRightBack

• Visitor
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2020, 03:24:01 PM »

Hey how are you doing? I had followed your diary for a long time and hope you're fine.
I remember you too, the giotikas patient who did the surgery in may 2018?
I am doing good bro, hope you are fine too? I plan on my femurs in march.
Sorry for the late reply..just revisited my diary, after my account was banned for NO reason lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up