Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My Journey with Dr Pili(HEF)  (Read 28848 times)

Re: My Journey with Dr Pili(HEF)
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2018, 11:11:12 AM »

Pili coz he was more approachable and easier to communicate in english with
Would suggest you finish lengthening there and tske his PT and avoid ATL
he is particular about hef. not sure about tsf

You think that Catagni's skills have decreased as he aged?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »

update: 88 days post op, 76days since lengthening, day 3 post ATL
gain: 5.7cm
stats:
Terrible pain and burn around the ATL site. So far its the worst pain I have ever experienced. Can confirm regarding the pain they talk about. My stride is 1/10th of what it used to be. Its really hard to find a decent position to sleep too. Would give it a few more days for attaining a normal stride or would resort to a wheelchair may be. After my journey, my feet are swollen too. Entire feet below the ankles are in bad shape now.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2018, 02:51:35 PM »

No, he was there for my initial surgery. He is also the surgeon and doctor chosen by my LL buddy. He seems to do fine too.
159-181.

doomsday

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

You're mentally retarded , seriously...

JON SNOW

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »

update: 88 days post op, 76days since lengthening, day 3 post ATL
gain: 5.7cm
stats:
Terrible pain and burn around the ATL site. So far its the worst pain I have ever experienced. Can confirm regarding the pain they talk about. My stride is 1/10th of what it used to be. Its really hard to find a decent position to sleep too. Would give it a few more days for attaining a normal stride or would resort to a wheelchair may be. After my journey, my feet are swollen too. Entire feet below the ankles are in bad shape now.

fist 2 weeks after ATL are rough, post surgery inflammation/pain can last 15-20 days, give it time mate

warrior

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2018, 03:25:22 PM »

Hey fivetenneeded2016 keep it hard, you'll see that once the period of pain is over, you'll be better ....
do not throw yourself down ... you've almost passed the hardest part .....
You're a great ...

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2018, 03:31:46 PM »

Hey fivetenneeded2016 keep it hard, you'll see that once the period of pain is over, you'll be better ....
do not throw yourself down ... you've almost passed the hardest part .....
You're a great ...
Thanks for all support guys, as a quick update, pain is very less today. Have walked for 40mins. Stride is 80% normal length.
159-181.

warrior

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »

The medical apparatus anti-equine TENSIOACTIVE is used for each traumatic pathology suffered on the limbs treated with the External Fixation

VFPROCESS

warrior

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »

ATL fixator pic and recent xrays. I did not take the pic while i was doing my dressing for the stitches. There are 12 on each leg, however.
Pili said my callous were not as good as the ones previously taken. :( I am thinking of taking calcium vitd3 tablets along with more weight bearing and protien shake. Lets see *fingers crossed*  :-\
He also said I had developed a bit of deformity which he corrected. I dint ask much in detail coz I was under anaesthesia during this conversation and I forgot to follow up on it later.
https://imgur.com/a/creQ5ZV
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:09:05 PM by fivetenneeded2016 »
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2018, 06:34:21 PM »

The medical apparatus anti-equine TENSIOACTIVE is used for each traumatic pathology suffered on the limbs treated with the External Fixation

VFPROCESS

Not sure as I did not hear about it, may be the next patient can give it a try  ;)
159-181.

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »

Has Pili already done ATL on you? he must be itching to do ATL urgently and screw you up.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »

Has Pili already done ATL on you? he must be itching to do ATL urgently and screw you up.
prakash, please do not talk without data. Check my previous post which mentions all ATL patients of dr Pili and catagni and all seemed to do well. Point me one case where Pili/catagni patient has been fuxxed over. Just one.

As I said I would document very frequently(atleast once a month even after I am done with tibias), I would inform shall I face any difficulty post the entire process. And again, please dont be negative regarding this.
My walking isnt that bad too given its just 3 days post ATL. Theere was a lot of pain and discomfort never the less.
video:
159-181.

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »

prakash, please do not talk without data. Check my previous post which mentions all ATL patients of dr Pili and catagni and all seemed to do well. Point me one case where Pili/catagni patient has been fuxxed over. Just one.

As I said I would document very frequently(atleast once a month even after I am done with tibias), I would inform shall I face any difficulty post the entire process. And again, please dont be negative regarding this.

dude, the way he doles out ATL like candy is a concern for all, either you do see it but don't want to acknowledge or you are here to support him you are so taken by him (in a good way maybe because of your good experience) that you simply see no negative. Anyway man, I have no negative feelings for you (just for the mass ATL Pili does) on the contrary I wish all the best in the endeavor you have undertaken or will undertake in future. Your walking looks great and I am sure you will do excellent. Bye.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »

No offense to you either. I am aware of the risks of ATL. And I too wished I avoided it, but I trust my doctor more so decided for ATL. I also mentioned if you stayed in Italy and did PT with his trainer you could easily surpass 7cm without ATL. He does recommend the surgery if he feels the need. Again, its individual doctor's preference, and if the doctor is confident and is open to discuss his past experience, I feel a good bet to trust the doctor.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »

And yes, I might seem biased towards Pili/Catagni because I do not have any bad experience(but I am giving your first hand experience under them) or have read of any bad experiences from them(with data). Or may be I dont want negativity from what is already done, as it cannot be undone. :) I dont mean to offend any of you either :)
159-181.

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2018, 08:10:32 PM »

And yes, I might seem biased towards Pili/Catagni because I do not have any bad experience(but I am giving your first hand experience under them) or have read of any bad experiences from them(with data). Or may be I dont want negativity from what is already done, as it cannot be undone. :) I dont mean to offend any of you either :)

no problem mate, I can understand being in Italy Pili is very convenient, I wish you all the best. the point is - Achilles tendon should better be left untouched - that's what I feel, the more invasive things one does the more trouble he/she is asking for. That said - we all in the world have different way of thinking and ai respect yours. All the best my friend.

warrior

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2018, 08:27:49 PM »

no problem mate, I can understand being in Italy Pili is very convenient, I wish you all the best. the point is - Achilles tendon should better be left untouched - that's what I feel, the more invasive things one does the more trouble he/she is asking for. That said - we all in the world have different way of thinking and ai respect yours. All the best my friend.

warrior

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2018, 08:40:17 PM »

the problem is that the tendon does not stretch too much ..... In this forum you do not want to understand that to stretch more than 5 cm becomes necessary except for some cases (very rare) ...
even if you do not have the dancer gets too tight and tears ....
I would like to hear the opinion of those who have alluded up to seven cm and did not make the tendon if it is okay .....
Unfortunately it is the price to pay .... and  if the surgery is done well there are no problems .. 100% legs do not return even without atl is known ... I do not think that the physiotherapist of Pili solves the cases as it says .. maybe for minor lengthening ... otherwise ATL would not do anybody while also in the case of catagni envy on 54 patients 53 did ATL ..
and anyway it seems to me from the video that after three days I walk too well ...

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2018, 08:43:51 PM »

the problem is that the tendon does not stretch too much ..... In this forum you do not want to understand that to stretch more than 5 cm becomes necessary except for some cases (very rare) ...
even if you do not have the dancer gets too tight and tears ....
I would like to hear the opinion of those who have alluded up to seven cm and did not make the tendon if it is okay .....
Unfortunately it is the price to pay .... and comunwue if the surgery is done well there are no problems .. 100% legs do not return even without atl is known ... I do not think that the physiotherapist of Pili solves the cases as it says .. maybe for minor lengthening ... otherwise ATL would not do anybody while also in the case of catone envy on 54 patients 53 did ATL ..
and anyway it seems to me from the video that after three days I walk too well ...

got your point, but when a human grows normally ( I know many who had sudden growth spurt at later age like 20 etc.) if ATL is not needed it would not be required in LL either, it may be painful (because LL is lengthening much faster than normal human growth rate) - still the tendons etc. should naturally be able to stretch/grow.

warrior

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2018, 08:56:24 PM »

you're talking about a natural thing ..... it is obvious that if you suddenly grow the tendon stretches .....
but how will you become established from birth then every single muscle tendon etc. etc. it is naturally arranged ....
LL is an artificial thing ... in fact it only modifies some parts of your body ... in fact you can not become two meters tall ... your speech is not standing ... and if you think about stretching a 5 cm curtain already it is an enormity ....
take as an example a rubber band if you stretch it too much that happens ??

Android

« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »

Best of luck FTN! Hopefully ATL proves to be a good decision for you down the line.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »

Best of luck FTN! Hopefully ATL proves to be a good decision for you down the line.
Thanks buddy, I  am doing well. Hope you are fine too :)
159-181.

myloginacc

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »

Glad your pain has been improving since the surgery!
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »

update: 111days post op, 97days since lengthening, day 26 post ATL
gain: 7.3cm
stats:
1. pinsites look bad(specially neat the mid tibial region. But Dr pili said nothing to worry, and suggested to clean it daily with chlorine water and somedays with hydrogen peroxide. My situation has improved a bit recently.
http://imgur.com/a/HKN2VAO
But washing with just chlorine, I figured isnt good. You get a constant itch on the skin.
http://imgur.com/a/LpZgRBC
So I started wiping it off with hydrogen peroxide.

2. Terrible pain around one of the pins on my right feet(the pin used for fixing my feet after ATL). I went to the local doctor who confirmed nothing major after seeing xrays and was prescribed painkillers. The pain is not a constant pain but it occurs weekly almost and lasts for 1-2 days. I figured it happens in the weekends when my legs are up(weekdays I sit at my workstation most of the time), and occurs I put it back down. It feels like a bone pain. very bad.

3. After 6.5cm I could acutally feel the new height. But I still am short given my inital height. Now if you asked me I would say dits pointless to lengthen less than that. You wouldnt find much difference at all.

4. From here, I would quit posting on how much I lengthened or how much more I plan to lengthen to avoid the attention of the naysayers.

Cons of ATL:(only my perspective)
1. pain in the heels.
2. funny stretch when you take longer stride.
3. I had a lot of swelling and fluid oozing from my stitches. which too hurt at times.

Pros: Not any besides the ease of lengthening. You can forget about stretching etc and still feel no pain.

Other than the pull while taking longer stride, there is no difference in walking. No sense of imbalance or whatever. Just pain at the heels till the screws are there may be.

P.S. all statements made are anecdotal, so wouldnt be debating.
159-181.

Body Builder

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2018, 09:49:44 PM »

The change in stride will make you run much slower, jumping (and land from jumping) much harder and shorter and of course have less balance. You can't see it now with all that pins and pain but when all these go away in some months, you could see more clear how different the functionality of your legs will be due to atl.

Don't be afraid of the pain, this will go away completely in some months I can guaranee that to you (I was very afraid of that when I did atl but pain went away completely). But the loss of a good amount of functionality won't change.
I hope I prove wrong though and the difference will be very small, not like mine's before my fixing surgery.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2018, 09:53:37 PM »

The change in stride will make you run much slower, jumping (and land from jumping) much harder and shorter and of course have less balance. You can't see it now with all that pins and pain but when all these go away in some months, you could see more clear how different the functionality of your legs will be due to atl.

Don't be afraid of the pain, this will go away completely in some months I can guaranee that to you (I was very afraid of that when I did atl but pain went away completely). But the loss of a good amount of functionality won't change.
I hope I prove wrong though and the difference will be very small, not like mine's before my fixing surgery.
I hope it becomes as normal as before. But bodybuiler, I thought you did ATL post lengthening, not while lengthening. If so, I wonder why you had your feet fixed using screws? Did you aa well have pain on your heels? My only concern regarding pain is it that it shouldnt be an obstable for me to focus at work.
159-181.

Body Builder

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2018, 10:30:16 PM »

I hope it becomes as normal as before. But bodybuiler, I thought you did ATL post lengthening, not while lengthening. If so, I wonder why you had your feet fixed using screws? Did you aa well have pain on your heels? My only concern regarding pain is it that it shouldnt be an obstable for me to focus at work.
I didn't have my feet fixed.
I still had my monorail frames on but I had stopped lengthening.
After surgery (of atl) I had my legs inside a cast and after 2 weeks in a boot and started to bear some weight. My rehabilitation protocol was exactly the same as at rupture.
But the first days after surgery were very painful, maybe my ex doctor hit some nerve because I had burning sensation a lot.
After my at shortening surgery (where the tendon was cut again so I should have had the same pain) the pain was much less and only for 3-4 days.
After atl I had heel pain because the tension was completely off and the majority of weight was on the heel (while is should have been 50-50 between front and back) and I had some pains (not great though) till I fixed my tendons.
After at shortening I never had any heel pain, at least 3-4 weeks after the surgery.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »

Update:
I have been having terrible heel pain(since my heels/foot was fixated post ATL). The pain is not due to the achilles tendon that is cut, but the pins at the heels(more like bone pain). This is the worst kind of pain I have experienced in my life. And it lasts for more than 3-4 hours. Its so bad that I have been walking very little. I am trying to avoid walking. Paracetamol/painkillers do not give any relief. Ice pack gives a temporary relief though.
159-181.

JON SNOW

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2018, 04:20:54 AM »

Update:
I have been having terrible heel pain(since my heels/foot was fixated post ATL). The pain is not due to the achilles tendon that is cut, but the pins at the heels(more like bone pain). This is the worst kind of pain I have experienced in my life. And it lasts for more than 3-4 hours. Its so bad that I have been walking very little. I am trying to avoid walking. Paracetamol/painkillers do not give any relief. Ice pack gives a temporary relief though.

yes ATL is painful, arguably much more than LL

cope with your pain bro,  in a few weeks it should disappear and usually  in a few months your mind will forget it

stay strong, good luck
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up