Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My Journey with Dr Pili(HEF)  (Read 28880 times)

fivetenneeded2016

Re: My Journey with Dr Pili(HEF)
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »

Update:
I have been having terrible heel pain(since my heels/foot was fixated post ATL). The pain is not due to the achilles tendon that is cut, but the pins at the heels(more like bone pain). This is the worst kind of pain I have experienced in my life. And it lasts for more than 3-4 hours. Its so bad that I have been walking very little. I am trying to avoid walking. Paracetamol/painkillers do not give any relief. Ice pack gives a temporary relief though.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

JON SNOW

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2018, 04:20:54 AM »

Update:
I have been having terrible heel pain(since my heels/foot was fixated post ATL). The pain is not due to the achilles tendon that is cut, but the pins at the heels(more like bone pain). This is the worst kind of pain I have experienced in my life. And it lasts for more than 3-4 hours. Its so bad that I have been walking very little. I am trying to avoid walking. Paracetamol/painkillers do not give any relief. Ice pack gives a temporary relief though.

yes ATL is painful, arguably much more than LL

cope with your pain bro,  in a few weeks it should disappear and usually  in a few months your mind will forget it

stay strong, good luck

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »

Update:
I couldnt walk today due to the tremendous pain at both heels now. Pili's response was to keep legs elevated which does provide relief but its not a solution. Besides my back is hurting from lying down from 30+ hours :(. I might get admitted for a short time in a hospital in my city or perhaps meet Parihar in case situation worsens, coz my next appointment with Pili is 2 weeks later, and Idk if I can bear for that long.
159-181.

The Dreamer

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2018, 11:25:03 PM »

Hey man,hold on !
I have to ask if you can tell us how much have you currently lengthenened.We need to match your difficulties with the ammount of lengthening since they are linked
Some questions
1)Have you tried any kind of pankillers,also the stronger ones ? Is the pain really that bad that no painkiller can relieve it ?
I think it couldn't be addiction since you mentioned you were taking almost no painkillers at all,before atl
2)Do you think it is possible to lengthen 5cm without atl and using the Pili's PT ? Is that PT included in the surgery's fee ?
3)Are you still wearing the footholder with the atl pins ?
From your last update you have lengthened 7,3 cm which is a great ammount.Maybe you should stop and do femurs later,aren't you worried about proportions ? Since your starting height seems very low(I woulf guess 1,60 cm or below)
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »

Hey man,hold on !
I have to ask if you can tell us how much have you currently lengthenened.We need to match your difficulties with the ammount of lengthening since they are linked
Some questions
1)Have you tried any kind of pankillers,also the stronger ones ? Is the pain really that bad that no painkiller can relieve it ?
I think it couldn't be addiction since you mentioned you were taking almost no painkillers at all,before atl
2)Do you think it is possible to lengthen 5cm without atl and using the Pili's PT ? Is that PT included in the surgery's fee ?
3)Are you still wearing the footholder with the atl pins ?
From your last update you have lengthened 7,3 cm which is a great ammount.Maybe you should stop and do femurs later,aren't you worried about proportions ? Since your starting height seems very low(I woulf guess 1,60 cm or below)
I cant tell you how much, but I havent passed 8.
1. I tried paracetamol variants of 1g. I never used painkillers expect for the first 2-3 days post op.
2. Yes, but depends. I did my ATL at 5.5cm. The other patient, who I made friends with, his brother had to do it at 4.5cm itself.
PT is separately charged, Idk how much though.
3. After ATL my foot was very sensative to dorsiflexion, so I did not wear footholder, although I was recommened to :( I would be stopping soon.
Pili said he would remove the addtional ATL structures the following visit.
Regardig the length, it is indeed personal. I did not feel much difference till i reached 6.5-7cm. My proportions are okay. I go out in public every once a while, none of the people I interact with whom I have asked have commented about it.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »

update: 111days post op, 97days since lengthening, day 26 post ATL
gain: 7.3cm
stats:
1. pinsites look bad(specially neat the mid tibial region. But Dr pili said nothing to worry, and suggested to clean it daily with chlorine water and somedays with hydrogen peroxide. My situation has improved a bit recently.
http://imgur.com/a/HKN2VAO
But washing with just chlorine, I figured isnt good. You get a constant itch on the skin.
http://imgur.com/a/LpZgRBC
So I started wiping it off with hydrogen peroxide.
Guys, another update. Due to my chlorine allergy, the rashes were the omset of dermatitis which my derm confirmed. Now I am treating that as well. But that is superficial. The situation is okayish near the pinsites. Also I was suggested to wash the sites with saline water instead of chlorine. I would cross validate with Pili before taking this step.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »

Update:
I couldnt walk today due to the tremendous pain at both heels now.
Update: I think the reason for pain could have been infection. I tested the culture swab which came out positive for Staphylococcus Aureus(moderate growth).  :'(
I am now on antibiotics. Hope it is just superficial and not to the bones. I would find that out soon after taking Xrays.
I pray the situation gets better and life gets back to how it was a few weeks ago  :-\

I am given antibiotics(augmentin d) for 12 days. Any idea how many days it would take to show effect?

A bit more about the situation:
Its on the heels(the ATL pins), a few pins pain when touched with slight force, and also slight movement if i try to pull/push it :( . The skin near the pin has gone soft and gooey like it contains pus. Tremendous pain in weight bearing, and sometimes dicharge of thick white/red fluid. However, no fever. My local doctors have said that it is mostly superficial and not at the bones, but would have to take xrays to find out. The situation had worsened since it began 10-12 days ago. I pray its not a bone infection.
Could someone confirm?
159-181.

Body Builder

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2018, 12:11:04 PM »

I don't think it is a bine infection. You should have had fevers and all these major symptoms.
Augmentin is good for gram positive bacterials like staphylococcus. In less than a week you should have a major improvement. If not, go to doctors again because something is wrong.

Finally, I think that you had an almost easy LL experience before doing atl. As you can see, atl is not a walk in the park. It is a very major surgery, maybe even more than LL, and rehabilitation is very hard. I mentioned again how bad that surgery is but now a Pili's patient writes his own experience about it and this is very important for future LL'ers, especially for that doctor who does a so crucial and risky surgery to almost anyone LL'er, while almost noone really needs it.

In terms of infection I really believe that you'll become better. Also, pains from atl will become less after some time till it will disappear. But functionality won't be the same. The closer to norlal it will be the better for you. I really hope to be very close to normal. But please continue to write here about your experience as I did because if your outcome of atl is very bad like mine, then you should warn people to avoid it, because many of believe that Pili-Catagni does have some miraculous technique that has only advantages and no disadvantage, something that is completely false.
The only question for me is how bad are these disadvantages.

GiuseppeLo

• Visitor
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »

Hi everyone!! I m just doing my surgery soon, in almost 3 weeks with Dr Pili in Lecco, does anyone give some tips about that??how is it going for u'all guys so far??  Many thanks!!

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »

Hi everyone!! I m just doing my surgery soon, in almost 3 weeks with Dr Pili in Lecco, does anyone give some tips about that??how is it going for u'all guys so far??  Many thanks!!
Stay in italy. opt for his physio. work towards your flexibility. and avoid atl(if you can). good luck!
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »

Update: I think the reason for pain could have been infection. I tested the culture swab which came out positive for Staphylococcus Aureus(moderate growth).  :'(
I am now on antibiotics. Hope it is just superficial and not to the bones. I would find that out soon after taking Xrays.
I pray the situation gets better and life gets back to how it was a few weeks ago  :-\

I am given antibiotics(augmentin d) for 12 days. Any idea how many days it would take to show effect?

A bit more about the situation:
Its on the heels(the ATL pins), a few pins pain when touched with slight force, and also slight movement if i try to pull/push it :( . The skin near the pin has gone soft and gooey like it contains pus. Tremendous pain in weight bearing, and sometimes dicharge of thick white/red fluid. However, no fever. My local doctors have said that it is mostly superficial and not at the bones, but would have to take xrays to find out. The situation had worsened since it began 10-12 days ago. I pray its not a bone infection.
Could someone confirm?
Update: I feel quite better now in terms of pain...can walk small distance but not as before. I would regain the same previous self hopefully by another week when Dr Pili removes the screw at the heels.
I still have not taken radiographs or more tests to find out if its a bone infection. I pray its not. But 2 of my screws at the heels move when pulled/applied force upon. That bloody pains.
Currently taking augmentin 1000, 2-3 times a day. I mailed Pili regarding my condition, he was very partivular about avoiding antibiotics and said its normal. Lets see. Fingers crossed.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2018, 04:44:17 PM »

Update: Had my screws of ATL and some thin pins at the knee removed. i could walk just as easy as pre-ATL just after the removal. Dr Pili corrected said I would feel reincarnated after the ATL screw removal  :D. I walked 2-3 km again as before, just after the removal. walking has instantaneously improved.

One of the screws however broke and the broken part is still in the heels. Pili said it wouldnt cause a problem, even if it does he would remove it at frame removal.

Regarding the loss of tightness I cannot confirm yet, but as Dr Pili said I can lengthen a bit more too to ensure the tendon is stiff as before.
Nevertheless, I would update till atleast next year about my situation for any ups and downs regarding the post ATL effect.
Would post the xrays soon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:09:15 PM by fivetenneeded2016 »
159-181.

The Dreamer

« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

Great update 5.10
Did you get the result of those tests to see if you had developed infection ?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2018, 03:01:29 AM »

Great update 5.10
Did you get the result of those tests to see if you had developed infection ?
Not really, Dr Pili could tell it by eye, and sounded definite :)
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2018, 09:50:07 AM »

Update:
I have been walking much better, just like pre ATL. This is just 3 days post screw removal. I could however feel the difference the second the screw was removed. When I walked in to the hospital, I could barely walk. It took me 10 mins to walk 100-200 meters from my hotel next street to the hospital. I could go back to the station which is 900m-1km, in the same with much ease after the visit.
This is common apparently for ATL cases, as I spoke to shadow when i met him.
me and him required ATL, as both of us had continued to work during lengthening. However with my other two LL buddies, they managed 7-8cm without ATL following physio therapy regularly.

so again, not all patients get ATL under pili/catagni. it depends on the flexibility and goals.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »

I am still lengthening, very slowly though as I recieved the permission of Pili, since my tendons were still a little loose, I could manage. Regarding the number I have done, I would not share till I recover or by next year mid. I would however put a pic of myself to give an idea about the proportions. No one has questioned my proportions yet, although I had small legs to begin with.
159-181.

Android

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2018, 11:05:21 AM »

Glad that things are improving for you regarding ATL, and so fast. Keep it up!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

The Dreamer

« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »

Very good 5teen,we are waiting for the pictures

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2018, 11:58:30 PM »

Android: thanks a lot, when are you doing your second set?
The Dreamer: I ll be done with lenghtening and correction in 2-3 weeks. I would post my pics/xrays then. The present xrays do not have anything new other than the gap, so...
159-181.

qirenzhe123

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2018, 02:22:43 PM »

I'd like to go to Dr. catagni for an operation. I wonder how much money you've spent so far?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »

I'd like to go to Dr. catagni for an operation. I wonder how much money you've spent so far?
24.5k €
I did not stay there..I go back a day after or same day of monthly consultation. So you can add in roughly 2-3k€ more for travel.
159-181.

qirenzhe123

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »

Can you give me a detailed charge? what is included in 24.5k? how much will it cost if I stay there for four months?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2018, 07:08:55 PM »

Can you give me a detailed charge? what is included in 24.5k? how much will it cost if I stay there for four months?
approx 20k for surgery
4.5k for atl surgery..atl you can avoudbif you stretch..no idea how much it would be if you stayed.
159-181.

qirenzhe123

« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »

approx 20k for surgery
4.5k for atl surgery..atl you can avoudbif you stretch..no idea how much it would be if you stayed.
Do you include food and accommodation when you say on the first page that you share the cost of living with the local people or the students at 1K per month?

qirenzhe123

« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »

And where do you live? why can the doctor send you back? Dr. Catagni says he can't.

Annalisa

« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »

Do you think is feasible to do the stretching exercises and avoid ATL without physiotherapist? I won't have to work, but I would prefer to do lengthening at home, to save money

Android

« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »

Android: thanks a lot, when are you doing your second set?

I'm still in Russia, but once I'm home I'll at least spend six months there before returning. No rush.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

Hey all, Sorry for not replying..I just glance the forum once a day for a very short time these days due to my schedule.
I would reply like once a week or a fortnite depending on the free time I get, please dont feel bad. Also I request to ask only the questions that I have not discussed on my diary. Please do not ask questions that I may seem biased( I would obviously vouch for Pili regardless ATL, since my experience has been good so far..might consider him for femurs too may be sometime) too or may be trivial, for your own good. Like "would I suggest Dr Pili or Am I happy with the results or how are you?" as I cant answer all questions. Also I would not answer questions that could concern my privacy or something like "How much have I lengthened.."..

Mostly I would update with details so you might not have a question ;) but any good question, I would reply immediately when I see. :)

Okay, as an update: I am done lengthening and am in the correction phase which is attained by only lengthening a few struts of a leg, since I had a discrepency. Not sure if it was before or during the process. Dint ask Dr Pili too..but he suggested I lengthen only one of my legs for a few more mm.

Also regarding proportions..here is a pic(I would delete it shortly)
Please note that my arms and neck may appear short since I am holding my crutch which needs me to up the shoulders a bit. No one has question depsite me doing a lot of lenghening(8.5+ ;) ), and I too feel it looks natural, coz I had smaller legs to begin with. I would post another one just in short shorts sometime else, like next month...
http://imgur.com/a/NFoVNwv

Regarding Xrays:
http://imgur.com/a/Qs3nXIt

Dr Pili said I could walk unassisted in 1-2 months may be...and frame removal after like 4-5 months from now. To harden the callous, he suggested me deca-durabolin in a small dose(25mg weekly) for month.

As a question I got asked, I thought of answering here: Dr Pili said he would get the stryde by june 2019. However he is said femur lengthening in general causes a varus/bow leg, which is why they dont perfrom it so much.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2018, 05:04:53 PM »

I'm still in Russia, but once I'm home I'll at least spend six months there before returning. No rush.
Cool! wish you the best recovery and further lengthening ;)!! :) so far you have done 5cm then, correct? sincr each alternate limb is 5cm...?
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »

Do you think is feasible to do the stretching exercises and avoid ATL without physiotherapist? I won't have to work, but I would prefer to do lengthening at home, to save money
Yes, I know 2 people with me...doing just excercise/lengthening at home, pausing work...thet have done like 7-8cm without ATL. One of them had a physio, other dint...he just did the excercises suggested.
159-181.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »

And where do you live? why can the doctor send you back? Dr. Catagni says he can't.
Cant tell you where I live. Yes Dr sent me back since I asked him to. Its cheaper in my country to live in and work. Catagni too allows I guess, although they suggest you to stay. If I had the money to stay, I would have and might have avoided ATL too. I would recommend staying till end of correction/lengthening, since its easier to visit the doctor for any emergency. And long flights are not so comfortable just 1-2 days post op like I took ;)
159-181.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up