Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to do clavicle lengthening?  (Read 1204 times)

Zaza

• Visitor
Possible to do clavicle lengthening?
« on: April 26, 2018, 08:53:45 PM »

Can you use distraction to lengthen shoulders?

I've seen about a dozen posts on this forum which quote the few surgeons who do it, some say it can make shoulders look much wider while others say it would not.

Is there even any medical literature about it?

Zaza

• Visitor
Re: Possible to do clavicle lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »

Welp. 20 days and still no response.

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »

A gun and a bullet is an easier way to kill yourself.

Android

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »

Clavicles aren't limbs, so we're not that familiar with it.

Here's a paper on it. This doctor no longer performs it, probably for a good reason. Have you looked into bulking up first?
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »

I believe if this wasn't essentially suicide, if attempted for cosmetic reasons on adults, all the LL charlatans we know of would have jumped on that train for extra money. They're used to crippling people, but even them might not feel too good killing most of their "patients".

Still, I haven't done any research or looked up anything on this subject. But I really don't intend to, considering the fact I mentioned above.

Zaza

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 01:17:52 PM »

I believe if this wasn't essentially suicide, if attempted for cosmetic reasons on adults, all the LL charlatans we know of would have jumped on that train for extra money. They're used to crippling people, but even them might not feel too good killing most of their "patients".

Still, I haven't done any research or looked up anything on this subject. But I really don't intend to, considering the fact I mentioned above.
Why the heck would it kill a patient?

Zaza

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 01:21:33 PM »

Clavicles aren't limbs, so we're not that familiar with it.

Here's a paper on it. This doctor no longer performs it, probably for a good reason. Have you looked into bulking up first?
Is there proof his surgeries didn't work?

Zaza

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:16 AM »

Broad shoulders are more important than height. I don't understand why everyone is against this procedure.

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »

Broad shoulders are more important than height. I don't understand why everyone is against this procedure.

Considering you have """doctors""" in the world of CLL crippling people left and right in third-world countries, it seems strange they'd not jump on this for extra money when they have already being shown to lack morals, ability, and empathy when money is talking.

There's probably a catch to it, like we discovered here.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »

Because you can get broad shoulders by just gaining muscle. Surgery is stupid for this. You can't gain height without surgery.

Even taking steroids to gain bigger shoulders would probably be better than doing this surgery. If I could take steroids to gain height I would.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 10:12:31 AM »

Because you can get broad shoulders by just gaining muscle. Surgery is stupid for this. You can't gain height without surgery.

Even taking steroids to gain bigger shoulders would probably be better than doing this surgery. If I could take steroids to gain height I would.

You can try glucosamine sulphate in the meanwhile. The reports of gained height I've seen online vary from a few millimeters to 3cm. Of course, I take the big numbers with a huge grain of salt.

Zaza

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »

More muscles won't magically make your clavicles longer.

Zaza

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »

Considering you have """doctors""" in the world of CLL crippling people left and right in third-world countries, it seems strange they'd not jump on this for extra money when they have already being shown to lack morals, ability, and empathy when money is talking.

There's probably a catch to it, like we discovered here.
I don't understand. What are the medical hurdles for this procedure? I mean a clavicle is literally right under your skin. Installing a distractor there is easy as pie. In fact you could probably do it for the ribs too.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 07:00:51 PM »

More muscles won't magically make your clavicles longer.

But they give you broad shoulders, especially if you have a thin waist they give that illusion. Have you tried bulking up?
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

Zaza

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »

But they give you broad shoulders, especially if you have a thin waist they give that illusion. Have you tried bulking up?
Even if that's true (it isn't) it would be temporary. Get tired of the gym and stop going for a week and your shoulders will be as thin as they were before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up