Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential benefits of leg lengthening for fighting  (Read 660 times)

Potential benefits of leg lengthening for fighting
« on: May 08, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »

So suppose I do LL and the strength of my legs are now reduced to 80%-90% of the pre-op.

But there are two things I can think of where having longer limbs might still give us advantages:

1. Due to the increased height, your head level is now higher than previously. It makes it harder for your opponent to throw a high kick at your head.

2. Eventhough our hands don't get longer, our shoulders/arms level are now higher as well. This makes our hand closer to the head of a taller opponent, thus easier to reach it.

Of course I haven't done LL so I can't confirm it. But it could really work!

What do you think?

eldorz

• Visitor
Re: Potential benefits of leg lengthening for fighting
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »

I think it's not unrealistic, indeed, but we should also consider the potential lack of balance too... but i don't know, maybe it's possible to recover balance at almost 100% after LL ?
174cm (5'8.5) young man living with giants. Thinking about adding some cm, seeking informations.

Possible final goals : from conservative +5cm (179cm) to maximum +7cm (181cm).

[Actually considering conservative LL between 5 & 6cm + yoga & workout for 1 or 2cm]

Re: Potential benefits of leg lengthening for fighting
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »

I think it's not unrealistic, indeed, but we should also consider the potential lack of balance too... but i don't know, maybe it's possible to recover balance at almost 100% after LL ?

The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind.

But I think if we don't harm the achilles tendon, then it shouldn't make much difference. That's why it's probably best to lengthen the femurs. If you do Chinese internal martial arts, they doesn't use muscles much but emphasize on correct alignment. The tibias + ankles are like roots that are connected to the ground. If you want to balance you need to adjust your posture in a way that allows you to drop all your bodyweight from head, to chest, to belly, to legs and finally to the ground.
Pages: [1]   Go Up