Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About Guichet's theory  (Read 687 times)

About Guichet's theory
« on: May 13, 2018, 01:50:19 AM »

Ok, so you guys know how Guichet thinks that, basically, strong muscles and excessive excercise are better for LL. However, if I were to give my best estimate I would ponder that that would be even worst for LL, considering that strong muscles can make the lengthening harder since muscles are stubborn and can be rigid to the lengthening itself.  In my opinion, I think stretching and getting those tendons flexible are the only thing that matters pre and post LL. Would you all agree? Whats your take on it?

Microbe

Re: About Guichet's theory
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:29:58 AM »

One thing I’ve personally noticed is that my right, more muscular and dominant leg has been more resistant, less flexible and much more painful when it came to lengthening and post nail removal compared to my left leg. Perhaps more muscles would mean more trauma to soft tissues and therefore harder during LL? Although you’ll be surprised at how fast you lose muscles when you undergo LL. Guichets plan seems strange to me, especially building muscles. Stretching would make more sense, although still controversial amongst doctors and thenLL community.

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:12:25 AM »

Yes, Guichet work out routine before LL is actually making LL harder.
No other doctor in the world suggest something like that. I dont know if Guichet recommends it only to take more money or because he is so stupid that thinks it works. Maybe both.
But it doesnt matter, this training routine is bad for LL and Guichet a joke of a doctor. Period.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:26:28 AM »

Dr Dhawan told me that bulking up the calf muscles would make blood flow better during the lengthening phase, which could potentially help with healing. Dr Parihar told me that there isn't any data suggesting more muscles are good or bad. My personal experience told me that muscles make lengthening more painful.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »

Thanks for the input. It seems to me stretching is the main thing a patient should focus on. @Kilo, thats interesting stuff from Dhawan. Blood flow is known to help with healing, still, I think strong leg muscles would perhaps mess with the rotational markers and pins if youre doing external LL.  Also about Parihar's thoughts on it, there is barely any research about LL in general so I wouldn't expect there to be studies on the specifics I think logically its safe to conclude maybe chicken legs are ideal for lengthening. That being said, there was this diary where the user said that the PT told him he had ballerina since his calf muscles weren't strong so I guess muscles are good for that aspect

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 09:00:07 PM »

I don't quite understand if you mean harder as in more pain or a longer recovery time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up