Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Nightmare in Barcelona  (Read 19549 times)

notatroll

LL Nightmare in Barcelona
« on: May 13, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »

I've decided to create a diary and tell everybody about my experience in Barcelona with Dr M. I didn't want to create a diary, just one post and comments in other places like Mars diary. He told me not to write there and advised to create my own diary. Here is my diary.

My first post in the forum is a good introductory post.

I want to tell you something about this doctor and I’m not a troll. I’m a former patient of his. I don’t have any interest in pursuing a vendetta. I’m not Lluser. But I think some members of the forum deserve the truth. I have nothing to deal with him anymore so I can tell the truth.

For me Dr Monegal isn’t a good option. I could finish LL unscathed but many patients experienced complications and many had to deal with the doctor’s craziness. His behaviour is erratic and reckless. My first impression was: get out of here. I didn’t. I feared for my security from the very beginning. The clinic is not prepared for international patients (nobody speaks English). The doctor is showing off all the time and he tries to beat his own time records during surgeries, in detriment of his patient’s safety. He drives like a madman when he takes patients by car resorting to all kind of profanity and exceeding the speed limits. He doesn’t care about patients’ wellbeing. He only cares about himself and his reputation. He has outbursts of acute paranoia related to this forum and is insanely obsessed with the trolls here. The trolls have taken things too far, but most of what they have said is true. This doctor never admits his mistakes and blames patients of their bad results. What is worse, he hides his worst cases from prospective patients and the rest of the world so that nobody can criticize him. If people find out about them, he denies his responsibility. He’s a pathological liar. Don’t let his superficial charm fool you. He’s not a good person.

So my advice: if you can, stay away from him.

Cheers

I will post more details in the future.

Auron

Re: LL Nightmare in Barcelona
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »

Surgery date Mr Lluser? I mean, Mr "patient"  ::)

notatroll

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:57:04 PM »

Surgery date Mr Lluser? I mean, Mr "patient"  ::)

I had surgery in 2016. No more dates please. I'm not afraid of him as I have nothing to deal with him anymore but he has my personal details in my case history and he's the type of guy who uses them for the bad. I'm not Lluser. When I came I thought LLuser was a troll but he was right in many things.

Auron

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »

I had surgery in 2016. No more dates please. I'm not afraid of him as I have nothing to deal with him anymore but he has my personal details in my case history and he's the type of guy who uses them for the bad. I'm not Lluser. When I came I thought LLuser was a troll but he was right in many things.

Fake.

I know for a fact that wr will never get a date from you because you are fake.

Gtfo.

notatroll

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 01:27:38 PM »

Fake.

I know for a fact that wr will never get a date from you because you are fake.

Gtfo.

Look you don't know who I am. You defend Monegal blindly but you don't know who I am. I can give my surgery date to moderators in private and my xrays to prove I was a patient but I won't publish here because this doctor isn't honest and uses personal information for the bad.

Auron

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »

Look you don't know who I am. You defend Monegal blindly but you don't know who I am. I can give my surgery date to moderators in private and my xrays to prove I was a patient but I won't publish here because this doctor isn't honest and uses personal information for the bad.

Never ever have I mentioned the doctors name, I'm not defending a single person here.

Exactly, I dont know who you are, and I will never know because you are a fake.

So, if you actually want to try again, with your 99th account, try to follow all the other diaries entries, you have plenty to choose from. They all follow more or less the same pattern, some with good outcomes, some with bad outcomes.

Here you are saying you are afraid that your identity might get exposed but you sure were quick to trust your own legs to a person who you had never dealt with before?

Please, give it a rest.

notatroll

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 01:50:59 PM »

Never ever have I mentioned the doctors name, I'm not defending a single person here.

Exactly, I dont know who you are, and I will never know because you are a fake.

So, if you actually want to try again, with your 99th account, try to follow all the other diaries entries, you have plenty to choose from. They all follow more or less the same pattern, some with good outcomes, some with bad outcomes.

Here you are saying you are afraid that your identity might get exposed but you sure were quick to trust your own legs to a person who you had never dealt with before?

Please, give it a rest.

You're aggressive because you think I'm Lluser but I'm not and I can prove I had the surgery in Barcelona. I've said I will show my xrays in private to mods but not to you. I don't trust fanatics and fanboys like some of you because you will tell the doctor and he has my personal details to take revenge and I want to keep LL secret. Of course I will prove I'm real to mods.

I trusted this doctor because I was desperate to be taller but I don't recommend it. I didn't get complications but some patients did and I didn't like how he dealt with us.

Auron

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 02:16:51 PM »

You're aggressive because you think I'm Lluser but I'm not and I can prove I had the surgery in Barcelona. I've said I will show my xrays in private to mods but not to you. I don't trust fanatics and fanboys like some of you because you will tell the doctor and he has my personal details to take revenge and I want to keep LL secret. Of course I will prove I'm real to mods.

I trusted this doctor because I was desperate to be taller but I don't recommend it. I didn't get complications but some patients did and I didn't like how he dealt with us.

No one wants your name or pennis size or whatever details you are talking about, we could care less. Besides, the doctor would never damage his career just to leak a random wanderers name. You make zero sense. But you managed to point out everything that Llusers account have been saying, congratulations.

Now, do you have anything to say that Lluser has not said yet hundreds of times?

notatroll

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »

No one wants your name or pennis size or whatever details you are talking about, we could care less. Besides, the doctor would never damage his career just to leak a random wanderers name. You make zero sense. But you managed to point out everything that Llusers account have been saying, congratulations.

Now, do you have anything to say that Lluser has not said yet hundreds of times?

I won't bother answering you. I will post my experience here and send my private information to moderators. Some of you fanmob are good people but you're too blind and can't accept the truth.

Bushguy

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 02:40:06 PM »

You said you didnt have complications, but others yes.
Can you tell us the name of a doctor with 100% succes?

lucindaris

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 03:50:50 PM »

And how you can prove that someone have 100% success? Opt for a better ones with more successful cases

Petite888

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »

Please can we not resort to calling people fake and trolls in their own diaries.  Your own diary should be a place where you can express freely and be given the benefit of the doubt like others here. I agree some trolls have gone too far, but notatroll is doing what he has been advised to do, and what I would personally prefer him to do, which is to write about his experience in his own diary.  And he should be able to do that without fear of attack.  This is somewhere, where most of us have a common goal.  To share knowledge and use that knowledge to help current and pre LL’s.  If in the future, people feel they cannot post their experiences for fear of being attacked, then we will have lost a really good resource of information.  Let all cards be laid on the table without fear of attack, and people can then do their research and due diligence to come to their own conclusions about which path would be best for them.

Thank you for listening.

notatroll

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 01:00:06 AM »

You said you didnt have complications, but others yes.
Can you tell us the name of a doctor with 100% succes?

No doctors with 100% success but there are doctors with better success rate. I didn't have big complications. Only discomfort and knee pain and I think I will be an old man when 40 y.o. Other patients had big complications that required major surgeries but they haven't posted here. I will post about me and things I don't like in Barcelona.

Please can we not resort to calling people fake and trolls in their own diaries.  Your own diary should be a place where you can express freely and be given the benefit of the doubt like others here. I agree some trolls have gone too far, but notatroll is doing what he has been advised to do, and what I would personally prefer him to do, which is to write about his experience in his own diary.  And he should be able to do that without fear of attack.  This is somewhere, where most of us have a common goal.  To share knowledge and use that knowledge to help current and pre LL’s.  If in the future, people feel they cannot post their experiences for fear of being attacked, then we will have lost a really good resource of information.  Let all cards be laid on the table without fear of attack, and people can then do their research and due diligence to come to their own conclusions about which path would be best for them.

Thank you for listening.

You told me not to write in Mars' diary but you also tell Monegal's trolls not to post here. That's fair and I kindly appreciate it. Everybody deserves the benefit of doubt. I think people like you deserve the truth and I will post my opinion about LL with this doctor.

iwontallow

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 02:44:53 AM »

I can't stand that bunch of users defending Monegal blindly. They're an army of trolls (same as Lluser and Mr Sarcastic, that they criticize). Let notatroll talk. He seems knowledgeable. I don't know why I should trust Musicmaker or Cinderella or PatientPrivacy or Auron more than notatroll. Perhaps they are Monegal himself as many people here think. All should be given the benefit of doubt of course.
Banned:  multiple accounts (notatroll, Life, amigos)
and probably the troll Datum/LLuser1

hanshi

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »

According to my experience where there's smoke there's a fire. The whole cosmetic LL scene is extremely shady and most of the doctors who did it in the past were crooks. Most European countries have very unfair laws with regard to patient protection, since the burden of proof is 100% on the patient, but all the evidence is in the hands of the doctors and can easily be manipulated by them. Therefore these European doctors don't have a high risk in case something happens to the patient and take the patient's risk very lightly.
These doctors are very arrogant and want to take credit only for the good outcomes and blame the patients for the bad outcomes.
I don't know Dr. M.personally but the whole discussion here shows a pattern familiar from other LL doctors.

There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

Bushguy

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 09:26:41 AM »

I dont know personally  monegal, i cant say he is good or bad, but i have read some diaries from him with good succes,and others like Cooper. Its clear that something happen, but people who defend and attack this doctor like this was a yihad  doesnt help future patients, facts is the only thing we can trust, so before attack someone or defend someone bring some evidences of what you say,

Oh So Arrogant

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 01:49:14 PM »

Dr. Monegal will charge you the same price for internal lengthening as Dr. Giotikas in Greece, Dr. Birkholtz in South Africa, or Dr. Parihar in India. The difference is that Dr. Monegal uses a garbage nail and cripples you for life. The other doctors use a great nail and return you to fully functional, just taller.

It's sad how desperate people are to still have surgery with this lunatic quack Dr. Monegal, when there are so many better options for the same price, on of them is right there in Europe for patients who don't want to travel overseas.
Banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Jcold)

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »

You sound like a child and like youre trying to protect Monegal. Obviously biased.

notatroll

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 09:13:46 PM »

Thanks for your input guys. I didn't get complications but my friends in Barcelona did and Monegal didn't do anything about them. I'm writing here to let possible prospective patients know the truth about me and the situation and facilities there.

For me the main problem is knee pain. I'm out of my wheelchair but my gait isn't normal yet (2 years post op) and I can't run. I can't bend my legs properly. Besides I have lost height post op. This is quite sad. I did this to be taller but I'm not tall enough yet. So I am still short and I will be a short old man when I'm forty. My experience in Barcelona wasn't good. Monegal didn't pay more attention to me when he got his money and he used to threaten me about not posting this forum. He has a bad personality and lots of EGO. The facilities aren't that nice for the price you pay. They are too expensive for the service you get. The staff barely speak English. You feel completely helpless until you meet some LL friends if you are lucky (some people had to lengthen alone).

Other patients who lengthened with me had complications with hardware, fractures, misalignments and nerve damage. The worst about these complications... the attitude of the doctor. He never accepted his fault. According to him patients got nerve damage because they lengthened too much (false), patients fell down and fractured (false), patients got misalignment because they walked too early (false). My Fitbone nail worked but in other patients' cases it didn't. Patients were scared because the nail stopped working... and then came back. In other cases it never came back as Musicmaker or Helloworld. The doctor always blamed them and invented stories about alien skin but it was the hardware.

My LL experience was a nightmare I'll never forget. I'm traumatized. It was hard for me but more for my friends. When you see a succesful Ivy League man crying in pain you know this is far from easy. The friendly guy who committed suicide was a succesful lawyer. And then there was the famous Musicmaker with her endless complications and sadness in her eyes. I never talked to them again but when I think about his death and her outraged beauty I feel like crying, me too.

justice

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 09:35:42 PM »

You are 100% right. Did you also get the fake PT?

notatroll

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »

You are 100% right. Did you also get the fake PT?

Yes and he is even worse moral than Monegal if that's possible. He hated LL patients.

Bushguy

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 11:34:43 PM »

Come on guys, be serious, monegal isnt Hitler and his pt is not Himmler, you can do it better its not necessary exagerrate.
Again facts! Not acussations. You said you are Going to write a diary, stop this nosense.
We are adults we dont need someone to tell us what to do, just  write your experience

notatroll

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 11:44:02 PM »

Come on guys, be serious, monegal isnt Hitler and his pt is not Himmler, you can do it better its not necessary exagerrate.
Again facts! Not acussations. You said you are Going to write a diary, stop this nosense.
We are adults we dont need someone to tell us what to do, just  write your experience

What would you like to know? I posted the facts above
Monegal isn't Hitler but he isn't a good doctor. In my opinion nobody should do elective surgery with such a 'surgeon' but it's my opinion. Mars said the fake PT isn't there anymore. You don't have to worry about him.

Bushguy

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »

Ok man,
Have you talked to other doctor about your knee pain, cant walk etc??
Sorry about my english

notatroll

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:12 AM »

Ok man,
Have you talked to other doctor about your knee pain, cant walk etc??
Sorry about my english

I visited a local doctor and he told me, 'why did you do this to yourself? This is barbaric'. He told me I would be an old man by 40. No solution.

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 11:34:51 AM »

How long after the initial surgery did you have the nails removed? That's strange that you lost height. How much did you lengthen?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:59:15 AM by Mars »

myloginacct

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »

I visited a local doctor and he told me, 'why did you do this to yourself? This is barbaric'. He told me I would be an old man by 40. No solution.

I've read most of your posts now.

I just wanted to say that treatment for arthritis will be much better in the next 20 years, and that you can get some of the height you lost by doing stretching exercises (you can look them up, or do pilates). They should also improve your posture.

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/008408.html

Petite888

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 06:05:42 PM »

Hi notatroll,  an you let us know how much you lengthened, what methods and femur or tibia.

Thanks

Bushguy

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 07:38:14 PM »

In your opinion, what do you think monegal do  wrong with you or the others patients you know.

notatroll

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 08:57:06 PM »

I've read most of your posts now.

I just wanted to say that treatment for arthritis will be much better in the next 20 years, and that you can get some of the height you lost by doing stretching exercises (you can look them up, or do pilates). They should also improve your posture.

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/008408.html

My joints are not the same as before. I'm so worried. This is a light of hope you give me. Thanks

How long after the initial surgery did you have the nails removed? That's strange that you lost height. How much did you lengthen?

Hi notatroll,  an you let us know how much you lengthened, what methods and femur or tibia.

Thanks

Femur. Fitbone. Retrograde. i did 6.5 cm. I was 5'65. When I finished LL I was 5'9. I'm 5'8 or 5'85 now depending on the day. Rods removed recently but I lost height before this.

In your opinion, what do you think monegal do  wrong with you or the others patients you know.

Many things were wrong. This deserves a long answer.

Cinderella

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »

Hi Troll.

Any picture or X-ray to proof you are genuine patient?
Same old story.
Good strategy to create a fake patient to slander M again and again.
Bring proofs. None of MIC residents has reported what you explain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up