Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 53483 times)

StrydeNailChallenge

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #682 on: July 20, 2023, 10:21:02 PM »

If you lengthened your bones by 8 cm, are you taller by 8 cm or less?

The bones of the legs are not in a vertical axis.

I quoted my xrays results below. I got 8cm on left femur and 7.97 on the right one.

I cannot however come up with a very accurate number on my pre-CLL height. This is the measurements could have a different setup than those I currently have. did not necessarily have an exact setup. But the xrays showed 8cm.

I never cared much about how much extra cm I would get out of the CLL, but I did it as a challenge; like the way I did for a lot of other crazy stuff. All mattered to me was to do CLL perfectly; to get the best results, and try to beat other CLL'ers in the quality of results including minimizing the recovery time.

For future CLL'ers, I suggest doing a very accurate measurement in a clinic before the surgery and go back to that same clinic and repeat the measurements post-CLL and at exact same time of the day (as that of the pre-CLL).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 10:56:24 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #683 on: July 20, 2023, 10:24:42 PM »

A typical Q angle is 12 degrees for men and 17 degrees for women.
Cosine(12)*80mm=78.25mm

Sounds reasonable to me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 10:56:43 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #684 on: July 20, 2023, 10:52:26 PM »

I finally got a chance to make a video on the nails. The vide appears below.

After carefully checking the nails to make sure not much bone marrow is still on the nails, I don't see any sign of corrosion/rusting.

I see one of the Stryde nails as a few millimeters longer. That must be the one for my left femur. I had already noted in my diary that I went to max (of 8cm) on left, but 7.97 mm or so on the right; as my right femur was a bit longer than my left pre-op. The longer left Stryde seems to have a design pattern towards the end. In the video I point at it. That does not show on the right one, cause I did not max the right out, so it must be inside the nail.

Just because I don't see corrosion/rusting does not mean there cannot be.

Please check the pictures that Azman had provided on his corroded Stryde nails. In fact Dr. M. had also told me that they see rusting/corrosion, on Stryde nails when they remove the nails. I hope the recall finds any issues including rusting related and resolves them.

However rusting/corrosion must be a function of time, as well as some parameters related to the patient's body (chemical, etc.). It just happens that perhaps in my case there was no rusting/corrosion. 

Let me know if you have any comments, or questions.

Since you guys asked for it; my xrays showed 8cm and 7.97cm for left and right femurs respectively. Given 180.5cm morning times (post CLL), I must've been around 172.7 or so pre-CLL (assuming EngGame's angle estimate posted earlier here, applies).
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up