Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting taller from Letrozole?  (Read 1696 times)

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)
Getting taller from Letrozole?
« on: May 17, 2018, 03:51:13 PM »

Hey everyone i just turned 20 and wondered if i could gain some height from limiting estrogen production.Im currently 178 cm and grew about a cm in the last year im looking to reach 180cm do you think it's worth a shot?
Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.

Android

Re: Getting taller from Letrozole?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »

It's true that estrogen has been used in the past to stop the growth of girls in the past. Are you suspecting that you have high estrogen or do you actually know your hormone levels?

Have your growth plates fused? If not, intervention with human growth hormones (HGH) will have an effect, but you might not be eligible for a prescription since you don't qualify for idiopathic short stature. Also keep in mind that it costs a few thousand dollars per month for HGH treatment.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:41 PM »

No i don't think i have high estrogen although i do have mild gyno from puberty.I assume my plates are open because i've grown half inch in the last year but i guess that could just be my spinal cartilage thickening.Do you think mk677 might be a cheaper alternative?Or maybe just try letro anyway seen as im probably very close to being done growing anyway as a last shot?

ZUCC420

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »

IMO a meager 2 cm increase isn't worth altering your endocrine system, besides chances are at 20 your growth plates have fused. No doctors will prescribe GH treatment for the sole intent of increasing height at that age however even if you buy GH online (counterfeit) there are certain precautions that need to be taken otherwise you will permanently f*ck up your body.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Android

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »

Do you think mk677 might be a cheaper alternative?Or maybe just try letro anyway seen as im probably very close to being done growing anyway as a last shot?

No idea, not my area of study.

I agree with Zucc, not worth all this trouble for 2 cm, which is attainable with some sneakers. I'd eat clean, hit the gym, and sleep well instead. Worst case scenario you bulk up and look better.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »

Yea im sure you're right ill weigh up my options.An inch isn't worth a lifelong of injections.

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 05:30:23 PM »

Yea who knows i might  have a few centimetres left if im lucky.Ill definitely document it if i do decide to take letro.

myloginacct

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »

HGH injections are in the tens of thousands of dollars per month.

And again, you have no idea about the status of your growth plates. So no matter if we're talking about HGH injections or AIs, it still boils down to this issue. AIs delay the closure of your growth plates (which may already be closed), and HGH injections are the most effective form of HGH treatment for stature (and your plates for legs and torso might already be closed).

You're definitely too old for any gains through HGH injections. Not worth the cost, even if some of your plates are still open.

n37r0

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 03:52:32 AM »

Try melatonin, it produces similar AI effects as Letro though not as good as Letro.
Height:5'10.5/179cm.
Desired height:6'0 or 6'1
Braces correct crap teeth, LL corrects crap height

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »

How strong are we talking?I've never heard this before thinking of being a human lab rat and just blasting lectro tbh lol.

Johnson1111

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »

You need some estrogen for both muscle growth and linear growth. Letro crushes it far too low to the point where it may be detrimental. This will also have an effect on your libido and could cause temporary ED. Your hormones would be fine however because it doesn't shut down your production of testosterone.

I don't this would be the best method of increasing height. It's hard to play loopholes and trick mother nature. It usually ends up bad.

Even if you went through the most effective, known and expensive protocol to maximize your remaining growth FDA HGH/IGF-1 treatment, you'd receive very little different results than if you did nothing as the most effective demographic of patients are ones who are under 12 years old and growth plates are far from closed.

Eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, stretch/exercise and hope for the best.

ZUCC420

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »

Melatonin that produces Gh during sleep is really insignificant, it's less than the one your own body produces. Artificial melatonin is prescribed for sleep disorders and still isn't that effective, its used mainly for jet lag.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »

What about arimidex then as that stops estrogen by about 80% if remember correctly.To me it's worth taking a few risks now instead of risking surgery as the only option later.

ZUCC420

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 05:36:17 PM »

It isn't worth it, I too had hope when I learned about AI and thought why not just keep consuming it to prevent growth plate closure, while growing naturally as long as possible. Then I learned about the side effects, the studies that had been done on prepubescent boys (also combined with GH) and the final nail in the coffin was the xray I had done on my left wrist and left leg.

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 06:16:02 PM »

Damn so i could end up with one limb longer than the other if like you some plates are closed.Wish i'd known about this in my mid teens then it probably would have worked quite well.

ZUCC420

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »

I think you misunderstood, there is no need to get an xray of both your legs or hands, besides double the cost both will have the same result. If I self medicated with AIs without GH since 12 years old I think I would have been least 2 inches taller or more, its all a guess though. The GH potentiates the AIs and vice versa while synergizing together to boost your height, with only GH I would have been as tall as my genes determined it to be reaching that stage faster but if I could combine the AIs I might surpass my genetic potential, while keeping the growth plates open.

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 06:49:15 PM »

Right yea now i understand pretty much up to you're parents to give you something early on.Even if you knew all that at 12 you're not getting your hands on either without assistance.

n37r0

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 09:44:22 AM »

There's extensive posts about melatonin on the bodybuildingforum, it works better if you do a niacin flush (500mg) + melatonin (3mg) at night for a combination of AI and an immense GH boost from the niacin flush.

Studies show that women who take melatonin have a lower chance of getting breast cancer. " the activation of the estrogen receptor.  It is thus considered to be a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), that decreases both the expression of estrogen receptors alpha (ERα), and the ability of ERα to bind to DNA"

" Melatonin is also seen to be involved in the metabolism of estrogen, transforming estradiol into its inactive estrogen sulphate/sulfate form. This is another example of SEEM activity.

Melatonin is, as far as is known, the only molecule that has both SERM and SEEM properties. This double mechanism of anti-estrogenic effects, plus its invasiveness effects yields melatonin’s unique advantages for the treatment of hormone positive breast cancer."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4979593/

and this is waaay safer and cost-effective compared to Letro.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:25:40 AM by n37r0 »

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »

Melatonin is just what your body naturally produces when it's dark...

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 11:33:22 AM »

But yeah, no one should take aromatase inhibitors (like letro) without consulting an endocrinologist first, so they can be fully aware of what they want to do - specially given our individuality in regards to health matters.

n37r0

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »

Melatonin is just what your body naturally produces when it's dark...

Sure, but wouldn't boosting it decrease the estrogen? As the pubmed studies suggest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up