Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: internals pain vs standard  (Read 573 times)

ramaka

internals pain vs standard
« on: May 18, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »

Hi guys just curious for those of you who have had LL done did you find internal more painful or less then the old technique i'm asking because I saw a video recently about a kid who had LL done and honestly it looked like it didn't even faze him at all and the dr in the video also said that its close to painless so any new information and personal experience on this would be great

short2tall

Re: internals pain vs standard
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 05:34:00 PM »

Most of us are not going to be able to comment on which type is more painful because most people only do one type or the other. However my personal experience is that internal truly is not that painful. I may have just gotten lucky, but other than the initial pain from the surgery, I've felt very little pain during the lengthening process. The only real benefit to the external method is the ability to weight bear. However, with the new Stryde nail now available, I wouldn't consider any other method than internal.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »

Most of us are not going to be able to comment on which type is more painful because most people only do one type or the other. However my personal experience is that internal truly is not that painful. I may have just gotten lucky, but other than the initial pain from the surgery, I've felt very little pain during the lengthening process. The only real benefit to the external method is the ability to weight bear. However, with the new Stryde nail now available, I wouldn't consider any other method than internal.

How can that be possible when OYG had/is having so much femoral pain? He did more research on this than almost anyone here before putting himself through CLL. It might be because he's doing both segments - who knows?

Maybe you are indeed just really lucky too.

ramaka

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »

thanks for sharing that information pal it does help also good to know it wasn't that painful how long if you don't mind me asking did you lengthen

Android

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »

how long if you don't mind me asking did you lengthen

Read his diary.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

short2tall

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »

How can that be possible when OYG had/is having so much femoral pain? He did more research on this than almost anyone here before putting himself through CLL. It might be because he's doing both segments - who knows?

Maybe you are indeed just really lucky too.

Yes, doing both segments at once is very difficult because you are stretching some of the tendons and nerves twice as much as doing just tibias or femurs alone.

thanks for sharing that information pal it does help also good to know it wasn't that painful how long if you don't mind me asking did you lengthen

I lengthened 7.5 cm which took about 2 1/2 months. Pain from the surgery probably lasted 4 or 5 days and then I had very little pain after that. I am experiencing some nerve pain at the very end but that didn't happen until I reached about 7 cm. However I must add that PT is very painful, in a different sort of way. You are forcing your muscles to stretch when they feel as if they just can't.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

notatroll

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »

You should find someone who has done external and internal and can compare

ramaka

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 07:58:29 PM »

trying to compare them though this as it stands though it looks like i'll happily go for internals 

Honore

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »

Hi guys just curious for those of you who have had LL done did you find internal more painful or less then the old technique i'm asking because I saw a video recently about a kid who had LL done and honestly it looked like it didn't even faze him at all and the dr in the video also said that its close to painless so any new information and personal experience on this would be great

Can you share the link to the video please.. I collect all vids on CLL,

thx mate

ramaka

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »

Can you share the link to the video please.. I collect all vids on CLL,

thx mate

here is the video now be in mind like I said at the beggenning of this topic this is a kid going through with LL internals ()
Pages: [1]   Go Up