Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening Doctors Pictured Together  (Read 881 times)

Android

5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

Re: Limb Lengthening Doctors Pictured Together
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:24:03 AM »

Of course most of them are tall... Even Donghon Lee and Parihar...

The shortest one is probably Shevtsov, the director of the Ilizarov institute in Kurgan (but he's much older than the rest). Then Catagni (who's also older)... Xia is controversial so I won't even count him, but he'd be the shortest otherwise.

Not that any of this matters. Specially since most of them don't look under 5'9/175cm...

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:00:31 PM »

Of course most of them are tall... Even Donghon Lee and Parihar...

The shortest one is probably Shevtsov, the director of the Ilizarov institute in Kurgan (but he's much older than the rest). Then Catagni (who's also older)... Xia is controversial so I won't even count him, but he'd be the shortest otherwise.

Not that any of this matters. Specially since most of them don't look under 5'9/175cm...

Why "of course"...did you suspect that most doctors are tall or most orthopedic surgeons? What's the reason?  ???
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

ivan

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »

Paley is 5'11" (according to his own statement), so is Donghon Lee in that case. Parihar could be well over 6 ft. Nothing unusual in my opinion. Doctors come in all shapes and sizes although people could argue that since (generally) they had better education and better living conditions to allow them to study they will grow to their full height potential. My uncle is orthopedic surgeon and he's 5'10" while both his parents are shorter than 5'5". The reason here is that they grew up during WW2 while he was growing during times when both parents were successful farmers and he had plenty and quality food and good sanitary conditions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:39:17 PM by ivan »

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 01:27:47 PM »

Paley is 5'11" (according to his own statement), so is Donghon Lee in that case. Parihar could be well over 6 ft. Nothing unusual in my opinion. Doctors come in all shapes and sizes although people could argue that since (generally) they had better education and better living conditions to allow them to study they will grow to their full height potential. My uncle is orthopedic surgeon and he's 5'10" while both his parents are shorter than 5'5". The reason here is that they grew up during WW2 while he was living during times when both parents were successful farmers and he had plenty and quality food and good sanitary conditions.
Pili is 5'11 ish. Parihar is 6'2 or 6'3. really tall. catagni is around 5'6-5'7
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Johnson1111

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »

Solomin looks about 6 feet as well

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »

Paley said he was 182cm in his Rambam presentation. So I'd just say he's 6 feet. He's closer (0.8cm) to 6 feet than to 5'11 (180cm - 2cm difference).

Why "of course"...did you suspect that most doctors are tall or most orthopedic surgeons? What's the reason?  ???

Paley is 5'11" (according to his own statement), so is Donghon Lee in that case. Parihar could be well over 6 ft. Nothing unusual in my opinion. Doctors come in all shapes and sizes.

I wasn't trying to imply most doctors are tall (though, I'm sure you can find a Western study correlating attainment of medical degrees with height these days).

It's just that I am somehow not surprised at all the people making the most money off these ""little pain"" procedures are not fellow shorter doctors who understand a bit better that wish to be taller, even if only cosmetically...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:29:29 PM by myloginacct »
Pages: [1]   Go Up