Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New published study on attractiveness of male proportions  (Read 1327 times)

BelowTheMean

New published study on attractiveness of male proportions
« on: May 19, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »

It's been a long time since I last visited this forum, but I recently saw something that made me think of LL.
Check out this research: http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/5/5/171790

tl;dr - They showed figures of men with different proportions to heterosxxual women and asked them to rate the figures.
  • Ratio of leg length to body was strongly correlated with attractiveness. The highest ratings were at ~50% of height (half a SD longer than the average.)
  • Both knee (and elbow) position were only weakly correlated with a slight preference for the average position.
  • Arm to body length (aka wingspan) didn't matter at all (no change in attractiveness for +/- 3 SD.)
What do you guys think? I'm pretty amazed by the findings on wingspan, especially with no impact to attractiveness even at -3 SD in length (~12%.) This is huge as it would mean having a ~5" shorter wingspan than average as a 5'7" guy would have no impact on attractiveness. These findings seem quite pro-LL.. hopefully none of the authors are on the NuVasive payroll lol

Android

Re: New published study on attractiveness of male proportions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:02:46 AM »

Nice find, and thanks for the tl;dr!

I'm not too concerned about proportions in general after LL since I think the amounts we aim for are not too extreme (especially if starting with average proportions). Good to have some info on what others think about it.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 03:51:54 PM »

You don't even notice wingspan unless they are on the extremes.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

myloginacc

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »

That about wingspan is really surprising.

I always thought longer arms looked better. Unless they're ridiculously long, like reaching below knee level.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

BelowTheMean

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 10:46:58 PM »

That about wingspan is really surprising.

I always thought longer arms looked better. Unless they're ridiculously long, like reaching below knee level.

I think longer arms do look better. This is more saying that short arms are not necessarily detrimental, because they have to be quite short to produce a T-Rex effect ;)

Also, arms of different lengths can vary a ton in terms of attractiveness due to muscle length, size, and insertion points as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up