Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: STRYDE - Paley Institute Official Information  (Read 19016 times)

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE - Paley Institute Official Information
« on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:33 PM »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:30:12 PM by Stadiometer, Esq »
banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Oh So Arrogant, Jcold)

Stadiometer, Esq

Re: STRYDE - Paley Institute Official Information
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:30:31 PM by Stadiometer, Esq »
banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Oh So Arrogant, Jcold)

Stadiometer, Esq

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »

Honore

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »

thank you for sharing...

Why wouldn't you need blood thinners with stryde? Because you are less bedridden?

FormerKidd

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:29:08 PM »

Why wouldn't you need blood thinners with stryde? Because you are less bedridden?
That would be my assumption.  With Precise 2.2, I was told they should be taken until you are cleared to walk.

Android

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »

With the savings of not having to take Xarelto (~$1570 for a five month prescription), the cost of upgrading to Stryde is even more worth it. It really seems to be the revolutionary product that CLL patients have been waiting for.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

FormerKidd

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 10:48:29 PM »

With the savings of not having to take Xarelto (~$1570 for a five month prescription)
You can get the Xarelto for significantly less.

myloginacct

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 12:29:42 AM »

With the savings of not having to take Xarelto (~$1570 for a five month prescription), the cost of upgrading to Stryde is even more worth it. It really seems to be the revolutionary product that CLL patients have been waiting for.

So does anyone here know what causes Stryde to not require blood thinners? Didn't that Korean man doing external tibias die from a blood clot in his lungs?

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 01:07:40 AM »

So does anyone here know what causes Stryde to not require blood thinners? Didn't that Korean man doing external tibias die from a blood clot in his lungs?
Blood thinners are of critical importance in any kind of LL.
I think it is irrespomsible to not take them with Stryde for at least 1 month after surgery.

myloginacct

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 03:49:59 PM »

I think it is irrespomsible to not take them with Stryde for at least 1 month after surgery.

I agree.

I believe they think the increased physical mobility will help preventing blood clots. But that's no reason to risk it.

They should reword and clarify that sentence if they only mean you'll be taking blood thinners for less time - rather than none at all.

Android

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »

My guess is that they still prescribe it before surgery, won't know for sure until we get some clarification.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Johnson1111

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »

Blood thinners are important but wouldnt that cause you to lose more blood during surgery, when you are already losing a good amount to begin with?

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 09:39:32 PM »

Awesome, thank you, thank you , thank you so much, you have solved a problem of mien that have taken away my night's sleep.
Can anybody here (Android, Stadio, Johnson or any other helpful person) advise if I can be back to office work after 2 weeks of surgery on this and continue lengthening and consolidating at home? thanks

Android

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 10:58:31 PM »

Can anybody here (Android, Stadio, Johnson or any other helpful person) advise if I can be back to office work after 2 weeks of surgery on this and continue lengthening and consolidating at home? thanks

Stryde will allow for a better recovery experience, but I somehow doubt that Dr. Paley will allow his patients to leave his care during lengthening. Aside from faster weight bearing, there are still a lot of unchanged variables that contribute to a successful journey: pain management, changes in sleep cycle, physical therapy, lengthening amount via ERC, etc.

Ensuring patient compliance is very important for Dr. Paley, as it contributes to his success as a doctor as well. Maybe he'll eventually allow patients to go home earlier compared to Precice 2.2, but I doubt it'll be as short as 2 weeks post-op.

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 02:09:42 AM »

Stryde will allow for a better recovery experience, but I somehow doubt that Dr. Paley will allow his patients to leave his care during lengthening. Aside from faster weight bearing, there are still a lot of unchanged variables that contribute to a successful journey: pain management, changes in sleep cycle, physical therapy, lengthening amount via ERC, etc.

Ensuring patient compliance is very important for Dr. Paley, as it contributes to his success as a doctor as well. Maybe he'll eventually allow patients to go home earlier compared to Precice 2.2, but I doubt it'll be as short as 2 weeks post-op.

Wait til Stryde is available to other doctors like Rozbruch or Mahboubian, they let you lengthen at home with periodic checkup visits every 2-3 weeks.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Yes Xarelto
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 02:51:29 AM »

The first STRYDE patient was prescribed a 1-month supply of Xarelto.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Android

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 04:09:11 AM »

Stadiometer, Esq

Re: STRYDE - Fatigue Load/Strength
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 01:21:05 PM »

STRYDE Fatigue Load/Strength:
10(mm) - 75(kg) - 167(lbs)
11.5(mm) - 110(kg) - 244(lbs)
13(mm) - 145(kg) - 320(lbs)

Fatigue Load/Strength Description Starts @ 47:09

After receiving several concerned messages about this specific topic, here is all the information in a single easy to reference post.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »

Why didn't they just create the Precise 1/2 with stainless steel instead of titanium? It's not like this was a new discovery that titanium breaks easier right?
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

Android

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »

Why didn't they just create the Precise 1/2 with stainless steel instead of titanium? It's not like this was a new discovery that titanium breaks easier right?

Perhaps because Precice didn't start as a stature lengthening device. Titanium has benefit as an IM nail because it's flexible (and lighter too). Since CLL patients have less complex goals (e.g. lengthening in one direction), stronger stainless steel nails became a viable option. Perhaps that's why we have UNYTE (cobalt chromium alloy) for non-cosmetic LL while STRYDE is clearly marketed for CLL.

And stainless is way cheaper! Hopefully prices come down someday after they pay off their R&D.

Stadiometer, Esq

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:16:51 PM by Stadiometer, Esq »

Stadiometer, Esq

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »

Dr. Paley & STRYDE:

"Currently they have done a limited release only to me. The 11.5mm nail is available, but by July we expect to have the 10mm and the 13mm in all the various length sizes available for both tibia and femur."

"The STRYDE increases the safe weight bearing limit depending on the diameter of the nail used. e.g. for the 11.5 mm nail the safe limit is 90kgs/200lbs per leg."

"This means that even right after surgery you can start weight bearing as tolerated and do not have to be careful how much weight you place with the walker or crutches. Then two or three weeks after surgery when you are pain free you are evaluated for the safe amount of weight you can place without crutches. If you pass this test e.g. when you stand on one leg you do not exceed 90kgs/200lbs, you can go full weight bearing without crutches."

"We do recommend using a cane for curbs or inclines and either a handrail or cane for stairs. The STRYDE makes rehab faster and helps prevent muscle atrophy. It also prevents muscle weakness. Therefore, the rehabilitation time after lengthening is faster. The lengthening rate and time and need for PT do not change."

Android

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 06:10:38 PM »

Thanks Stadiometer, appreciate the updates.

Leggs

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 02:30:40 PM »

I've put together some information about the PRECICE-STRYDE from Dr. Paley i'd like to share with the forum. Starting with Dr. Paley's new pricing. Notice how PRECICE 2.2 is no longer listed.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:08:59 PM by Leggs »

Leggs

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 02:32:38 PM »

A description from Dr. Paley on the benefits of lengthening with the PRECICE-STRYDE.

Leggs

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 02:39:39 PM »

Medication requirements. Notice the change to anticoagulants/blood thinners, along with pain medication & optional muscle relaxant.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:08:09 PM by Leggs »

Leggs

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 02:44:16 PM »

Complications requiring additional expenses are extremely rare.

Leggs

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »

Click on the link for an extensive FAQ from Dr. Paley that answers most questions about the PRECICE-STRYDE & limb lengthening in general.

https://paleyinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/Cosmetic-Stature-Lengthening-FAQs16.pdf

Leggs

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 02:06:58 AM »

The link I posted in the previous post, for some unknown reason, does not directly link to Dr. Paley's FAQ section. If you click on the following link you will see the FAQ link directly on the Paley website above the patients before & after photo.

https://paleyinstitute.org/centers-of-excellence/stature-lengthening/

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2018, 10:48:20 AM »

It seems to me that Paley and Co are only just catching up with what the Russians had 20+ years ago!! 
Lol, all these fancy names and prices that can buy houses.. but the nail only does what it is supposed to and should've done to begin with! Seriously folks, get a grip.

I did my bilateral LL on femurs 14 years ago with a full weight bearing titanium nail at a cost of $25k including all aftercare and a 3 month stay in a modern apartment in Kiev. I put on just over 4 inches and I'm very happy with my result and recovery.  I have posted a diary and videos, see links below.

Prices have gone up since then, but we're still talking half of Paley's cost. Many westerners were regularly coming to Kiev at the time and I personally met a few that had a good a result as mine.

Marketing is everything in the LL world and it would appear the US doctors, Paley in particular have a clear lead, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating)

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9000.0
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:43:52 AM by taller_in_Kiev »

doomsday

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2018, 02:41:58 PM »

Your hard advertising starts to really piss me off.  Some loser moved to Ukraine for girls and now tries to make money by advertising Dr Jamal and his   nail.
If that nail was that good every doctor would be using it. That has never happened! 

For the price of Dr Jamal you can go to Greece and use Precice 2 in a fully developed country that in not partly torn by a war.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up