Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the percentage of ll patients that can never walk again?  (Read 4325 times)

crimsontide

Thought I'd put this up, as I'm nervous now. ..  Im not talking about slight knee pain, or 100% athletic revovery... Im talking about doing say 6 cm and never being able to walk Again?  In a healthy person. .. Just wanna be 100%  sure I should continue to lengthen to 6 cm. ..

Sweden

Re: What is the percentage of ll patients that can never walk again?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »

I would say less than 1% for a healthy person with an IQ ABOVE 100.

This means WALKING.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »

If you say that,  the I feel ok about continuing, as you are the most negative about ll on this site. .. I mean it as a complement btw.... it's definitely Very emotionally taxing. .. think I lost my gf today because of my bad mood

paco1

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »

hi crisomtide,
how much do you lengthening now?

paco1

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »

are you in the hospital in moscu, or are you in your home?

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »

Try to stay focused and imagine all the girls you can get after LL.  :)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

crimsontide

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:50:04 PM »

ty guys... im at home or more accurately, in morocco with my girlfriend... im ok, except left leg is stiff and kinda sucks to bend it... i can walk ok though tio be honest... im very slow but if i were motivated, i could probably walk up and down the street... would just take time... ill lengthen 6 or 7 cm, no more,then get latn with dr parihar i think...i definitely dont think its healthy to be in fixators longer than 3 or 4 months

Wannabegiant

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »

ty guys... im at home or more accurately, in morocco with my girlfriend... im ok, except left leg is stiff and kinda sucks to bend it... i can walk ok though tio be honest... im very slow but if i were motivated, i could probably walk up and down the street... would just take time... ill lengthen 6 or 7 cm, no more,then get latn with dr parihar i think...i definitely dont think its healthy to be in fixators longer than 3 or 4 months

I dont think there is any evidence suggesting being in fixators for a specific ammount of time is bad for your your health, however inserting a rod into the tibia (which means they need to cut open your knee) is alot more likely to cause permament issues to your health. However if you intend to lengthen that much, then i can see that an internal rod would be a good practical choice rather than spending around 10 months in the fixators.

crimsontide

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »

for me, my knee, or specifically, the pin or bolt on the left outer upper ring is causing me issues every time i need to bend knees to get up or sit on toilet.. its my only issue now,but its a big one.... it is very very stiff,feels like it will rip apart when i put it on floor or sit down... this cant be normal, i mean, has to be a solution to fix this.... making me walk much less,as it is uncomfortable putting left leg on ground.....  the dr simply says dont bend knee... well, i must use bathroom once or twice a day.... it seems that these drs always seem to say evertyhing is fine...my left leg was perfect a few days ago,now this.... no way i can handle this for a few months...

crimsontide

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »

i mean, even when im laying in bed, this pin is still uncomfortable

amatan

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 02:33:42 AM »

That did them with a qualified doctor and didn't do absurd lengthening amounts?  Not a single case reported. 
Did internal femurs using the PRECICE2 with Dr. Donghoon Lee in South Korea on December 27th, 2013, went from 5'7.5" to 5'9.6".  Will probably end up doing tibias in about a year with Dr. Birkholtz to get to 5'11".

Tallexpectations

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 01:38:46 AM »

there are some cases, India above all

programdude

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:23 AM »

I've seen bad cases come out of india. But I believe the person is probably walking now since he was treated by paley.

With a respectable dr. I honestly believe that fractures, not fully recovering running, and in very rare cases fat embolisms are the extent of your worries.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Madmax_01

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »

Does anyone know anything about the complication rate/complication outcome of Dr. Guichet?
Thank you guys!

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 03:17:07 AM »

In India there are many stories about such cases but also in India there are many doctors who handle it well and patients are normal and walking. I am also going to India for a ll surgery sooner. I am fully confidence that my surgery will go well and I will walk like never seen before. Best of luck to all! God bless!
Pages: [1]   Go Up