Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Ghassan Salameh (Frankfurt, Germany) Salamehfix Centre Limb lengthening  (Read 68298 times)

Muse

Here are the response from Dr Salameh regarding the Limb Lengthening surgery.

Note: Dr Salameh currently does the surgery in Germany with Dr. M. Schmidt, due to the ongoing civil war in Syria. 

1) How many patients have you operated for cosmetic Limb Lengthening so far and How many patients do you operate yearly?

About 100 cases about 15 per year.

2) What is the estimated total cost, including post-op treatments, stay, medications, physiotherapy? Are unscheduled surgeries covered and How much does a consultation cost?

25 000 Euro for Germany

3) What kind of physical therapy is assigned to the patient?

just exercises .

4) What maximum amount of lengthening do you recommend per segment, regarding patient safety? What is the daily rate of lengthening?

8 cm , 0.8 mm per day

5)  What are your opinions regarding the weightbearing of the patients?

With my patients and fixator  is very essential , early weight bearing and without aid many times 

6)  How often will you follow up with patients during lengthening?

Every three weeks during lengthening phase and monthly after.

7) How fast can patients return to normal life (walking without support)?  What is the time required to lengthen 5 cm and 7.5-8 cm ?

After lengthening period for 5 cm about two months and about 4 months for 8 cm.

Prof Ghassan Salameh 
Salamehfix Centre for Limb lengthening & reconstruction
Tel: +963 11 6618956
Fax: +963 11 6668188
Mobile: +963 944  363156
E-mail:  ghassanorth@yahoo.com
Web site; www. lengthening-sldf.com
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:12:16 PM by Dameon »

TomD

• Private

Good write up.

I was considering him for Tibias.

Does he do internal femurs ? Does he do it for that price???  ;D

Sweden

Good write up.

I was considering him for Tibias.

Does he do internal femurs ? Does he do it for that price???  ;D

He only uses his own external device for lengthening. It is a half-ring and seems to work pretty well.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

kieran19801980

• Visitor

Hi,

I am 5' 9' 1/2, aged 32 and been considering leg lengthening surgery for a while now. I would consider having it done within two years. I have been visiting the forums and the websites from many countries which offer the procedure. I live in the UK. If I was considering 6 '1/ 6 '2 as a height, I assume this would take on average about 6 months?

Is physical therapy offered every day as it is an important aspect to the recovery process?

PrettyTall

Dr, Salameh is a good Dr not very expesive , why do people go to Xia while they can go to germany ? Dr salameh is using his own divice ful you  bearing and you can walk after 6h from the surgery  + not big externel I am considering him for tibia

Sweden

You will have to wear the frames for a full year or even more.

But the big plus is that you don't need to split your patellar tendon - twice, and therefore ruin your knees permanently  :-\

I was on my way to Syria to do 6cm. Then the war broke out.....

hand_sanitizer

Sweden, I can't help it but to feel that ur intention is to discourage people from doing LL. Why?

Sweden

Sweden, I can't help it but to feel that ur intention is to discourage people from doing LL. Why?

Well it's not.

It is just called the cold bitter ugly truth.

BilateralDamage

Sweden's motto: den kalla bittra fula sanningen. (courtesy of google translate)

crimsontide

why does dr alemhs  method require one to ear the frames a whole year??????  Id consider him, but not if i have to be in frames a year!

crimsontide

id love to see his fixator. if it can really be hidden under jeans,that is a big plus

crimsontide

fantastic!!!!!!! now that is what im looking for

Taller

Would anyone happen to know if it still an option to do the surgery in Syria for under $20,000 USD? I'd sure rather do LL in Syria, with Dr. Salameh, than in India, with Dr. Sringari. From what I hear, there are lots of parts of Syria that are relatively unaffected by the recent instability, but the media often chooses to portray a skewed perception of the entire country.

Adriano

Here are some photos Dr. Salameh sent me of the fixators being worn under someone's baggy athletic pants.  I've blurred faces so the guy lengthening in these photos won't get upset with me!  :P  He ultimately ended up lengthening 7.5 cm on his tibiae.

BD,
the patient in these pictures, is he in consolidation or distraction phase of his LL?

this makes a diff because the salmefix is reduced by removing some rods and disc once you complete distraction.

Thanks for the pictures

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)

wow...the guy on picture 3 looks so disproportionate.

//edit: at a second glace on pic 1... wtf.. the femur - tibia ratio is disastrous. looks like a freak, sry
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

crimsontide

looks fine to me

LLL

I thought his proportions looked weird as well. Maybe he lengthened a little too much. Does anyone know his height stats before and after?

ChrisIsaak

Re: Dr. Ghassan Salameh (Frankfurt, Germany) Salamehfix Centre Limb lengthenin
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »

Dr. Salameh is an excellent surgeon, but I would only consider him if I lived in Syria or Germany. With the Salamehfix the device remains on your legs for quite a while. I'd rather not spend so many months in a foreign country. Alternatively, perhaps one could be let to travel home with the fixators on, but they need constant care to avoid pinsite infection, and I'd rather not be far away from my doctor after the surgery until the end of consolidation, in case anything goes wrong.

I would do LON/LATN elsewhere instead.

Smallguy

wow...the guy on picture 3 looks so disproportionate.

//edit: at a second glace on pic 1... wtf.. the femur - tibia ratio is disastrous. looks like a freak, sry

I agree. He also looks like he's hiding something in his baggy pants. I'm surprised if he wasn't asked to be checked leaving a department store.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

crimsontide

can go home with fixators on. id rather have that small evice on than have  nails in my knee. you guys are worried about the wrong things... its better to have a little bulge at the bottom of the pants  than nails drilled in  the knees

jerry

can go home with fixators on. id rather have that small evice on than have  nails in my knee. you guys are worried about the wrong things... its better to have a little bulge at the bottom of the pants  than nails drilled in  the knees

I'm also more worried about the effects of nails inserted on my knee (which I assume happens with any form of internal/LATN/LON surgery) and that means externals only is the only way to skip it.    I'm surprised this was not common knowledge.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how to hide the frames from family when I return home after lengthening period. Plus 10-12 months is a long time, I'm planning 7 to 8cm.

PrettyTall

Re: Dr. Ghassan Salameh (Frankfurt, Germany) Salamehfix Centre Limb lengthening
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »

It's a shame syria got war ...

alps

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »

On the other hand, I'm not sure how to hide the frames from family when I return home after lengthening period. Plus 10-12 months is a long time, I'm planning 7 to 8cm.

I have the exact same problem. I don't have to hide it from family, but from all other people.

Gichelu

Maybe I will choose Dr Salameh for external. I don't care his Germany price is higher. I would never ever go to Syria even for one million dollars to step foot there. I just saw a video of some terrorist group or something in Syria made a guy convert to Islam right before they took a saber and sawed his head off alive. It's on internet right now.

This video where Syrian terrorists kill a non Muslim guy is making way all over internet.

http://www.barenkedislam.com/2014/03/04/syria-christian-man-forced-to-convert-to-islam-then-gets-beheaded-anyway-warning-graphic-imnages/
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

PrettyTall

Maybe I will choose Dr Salameh for external. I don't care his Germany price is higher. I would never ever go to Syria even for one million dollars to step foot there. I just saw a video of some terrorist group or something in Syria made a guy convert to Islam right before they took a saber and sawed his head off alive. It's on internet right now.

This video where Syrian terrorists kill a non Muslim guy is making way all over internet.

http://www.barenkedislam.com/2014/03/04/syria-christian-man-forced-to-convert-to-islam-then-gets-beheaded-anyway-warning-graphic-imnages/
   Holly fking   , Thisis not islam those are some crasy sones of bitcheches who practice what they want  in the name of islam,and you people should stop talking about islam if you know non about it, Dr salamah is muslim and you peobebly sould not go to him causehe will rip your head off cause all muslim are like that

IamAndrew

Glad to see the "freedom fighters" that the U.S. regime supports are doing their job.

Then again every "war" the U.S. has been involved with post-WWII has been roughly the same. Everyone in the world knows it except the blinded people under the tent who are wondering why everyone else hates their government. Some peeps need to read Nineteen Eighty-Four to see the Orwellian parallels, especially in political dialogue such as masking horrors or tragedies with media manipulation or words like "freedom", "patriotism", etc. It was a mandatory novel when I was growing up.

Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 09:47:50 AM »

Wouldn't worry about having the fixators on. If you went home and you told someone what they were for chances are, they wouldn't believe you anyway.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

ReadRothbard

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

I thought his proportions looked weird as well. Maybe he lengthened a little too much. Does anyone know his height stats before and after?

The guy does have some long-ass legs, but i think the average person won't think that much of it. They'll probably just think "wow, that guy has long legs."
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »

Who are you talking about?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »

The guy doing the squats on the first page.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

I honestly might do Dr. Salameh rather than Dr. Guichet. Salameh seems like a competent surgeon for a much, much lower price!

Future space tycoon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up