Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin  (Read 102920 times)

IwannaBeTaller

Re: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 05:28:31 PM »

If you're still unhappy, I advise you seeing a therapist before doing another surgery.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Sweden

« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »

Hi Sweden, question, did you see or feel any advantage when you started doing martial arts again for having longer legs, did you feel any difference, i mean a positive one. besides all the cons any pros at all?

I'm slow as nobody else and it's embarrassing. No gain there....

But my reach is longer so stop kick works very well if they attack, much better than before.

I also kick way higher. Not really any use in competitions but cool for show and flexibility.

I'm more intimidating than before being taller in my weight class.
And no, I will not jump up to the higher weight class.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 11:16:24 PM »

I'm slow as nobody else and it's embarrassing. No gain there....

But my reach is longer so stop kick works very well if they attack, much better than before.

I also kick way higher. Not really any use in competitions but cool for show and flexibility.

I'm more intimidating than before being taller in my weight class.
And no, I will not jump up to the higher weight class.

that is kinda what I thought, thanx.. i think in Judo ill be able to do better sweeps and legs chokes))) but i think u are right the speed will be much slower. Will see
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Sweden

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2014, 11:21:20 PM »

If you're still unhappy, I advise you seeing a therapist before doing another surgery.

My dream height is 6'2. I will never reach it without looking like SySop and that's not my intention.

What's your dream height?

Taller

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2014, 11:26:58 PM »

If you do 5CM on your femurs, you can stand at 6'2 in the right pair of shoes. That's not bad! Don't let people keep you from following your dreams just because they call you crazy. If your current height bothers you enough that you're willing to endure the financial cost and complications, after already knowing what to expect after going through LL once, then by all means, you deserve it as much as anyone else!

You only get one life. Go for what you know will make you happy. Don't live for others. If you want more LL again, pick a good surgeon and be extra mindful of proportions.

In my opinion, no one notices bad proportions when you're standing. It's while sitting down that a short torso and really long legs become apparent.

Sweden

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2014, 11:31:59 PM »

that is kinda what I thought, thanx.. i think in Judo ill be able to do better sweeps and legs chokes))) but i think u are right the speed will be much slower. Will see

Judo will be very dangerous for you bc of the higher knees. It means your breaking point will be higher up and much easier to suffer trauma bc of O'goshi or other leg throws.

I've done lots of Ne Wasa before and trained with the world champion but it's a huge risk doing judo post LL.
It's impossible to gain enough strength to stand against the force put on your legs if you happen to get your leg locked and then thrower on it.
Either your tibia break really bad or you'll need a total knee replacement.

I'm not trying to burst your dreams or anything but I hold a higher belt in judo as well and have seen terrible leg breakage in competitions. These guys weighed 90-110kg and were strong as no one you ever met.
Imagine having longer limbs. They'll break much easier.

Starting in standing position is very dangerous.
On your knees is safer but be careful the first year now.

Sweden

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »

Thanks Tall.  :)

Yeas, the sitting down part is already uncomfortable.
Since my butt is very skinny still I'm lower than everybody else who is even my former height.
This feels a bit disturbed.

Clothes hide a lot - but never sitting height.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »

Judo will be very dangerous for you bc of the higher knees. It means your breaking point will be higher up and much easier to suffer trauma bc of O'goshi or other leg throws.

I've done lots of Ne Wasa before and trained with the world champion but it's a huge risk doing judo post LL.
It's impossible to gain enough strength to stand against the force put on your legs if you happen to get your leg locked and then thrower on it.
Either your tibia break really bad or you'll need a total knee replacement.

I'm not trying to burst your dreams or anything but I hold a higher belt in judo as well and have seen terrible leg breakage in competitions. These guys weighed 90-110kg and were strong as no one you ever met.
Imagine having longer limbs. They'll break much easier.

Starting in standing position is very dangerous.
On your knees is safer but be careful the first year now.

Can you elaborate a bit why judo throws are more dangerous when having higher knees, is it as simple as having a higher base= worse balance (or rather less stability), are longer legs in general a disadvantage in judo?

I mean i can understand that having higher knees makes it easier for the opponent to reach under the knee and grab it and i guess it makes it easier to trip with a sweep move too?

I assume this might mean freestyle wrestling would be more difficult for someone with longer legs/ higher knees too. But some of the best wrestlers like Yoel Romero and Daniel Cormier have long legs for their bodys. Brock Lesnar was a very good wrestler too (not just the fake kind) and he has very long legs.

Im very interested in this because i intend to train submission wrestling after i have recovered, and then later transition into mma. I wont try to become a proffessional. But some sparring and heavy training i would like to do, and maybe do some amateur bouts eventually.

In terms of breakage, supposedly the legs are supposed to be harder after LL (full recovery) i think.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2014, 12:40:23 AM »

yeah, definately not judo for few more months, but i really want it, my eyes kept looking at the mat and i wanted to go so bad. but i won't i can barely hold my self together while walking sometimes or even going down the stairs. no way judo right now. well  tai-otoshi is my specialty but ill just will switch maybe to uchimata or another through is not the end of the world, before i was sick in judo i got my black belt in 3 years and trained with olympic medalist due to my age i couldn't really pursue it, im 30 and in every competition was getting hurt real bad, i got tired of it. fighting with 18 year old kids in their primes, but i love the sport u probably understand me. i had very short legs before, i think it wont matter my judo will just be different, people who get knee problems from judo is because they dont do it right, therefore that happens. i know i wont go as low as i did before but that would just change my style while fighting that's all, i need to adjust my judo to my new body proportions. will see
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Sweden

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:14 AM »

You don't have the same stability in your knees as before. You might fall to a position your knees can't stand and then you'll snap a tendon or something.
If you're very flexible your body can take the fall on your leg.
If it end up in an unnatural position you'll break the knee much more easier than before.

Try to get strong knees and legs after you finish LL.

I'm working now hard on getting my former muscles back - even though my coach advice against it. Smaller muscles can be quicker.

I just looked at this proportion picture and I'm confident I can take another 5cm on femurs next year.

Standing up is no problems but sitting down will be.
I will guaranteed be the shortest among tall people around a table.
Maybe I shouldn't care, but nobody wants to be ridiculed. They won't say it to you sure, but anyway.

I got an appointment with my PT for some checkup in 2 weeks.
We will do a couple of tests to see how I developed.

I talked to her and then tried the leg extension machine they have. My old record was 40kg on it. Now I maxed out the machine doing 6 reps with 120kg.

I will try heavy squats tomorrow. So far I've only done with 30kg bc I'm on my toes when I'm fully down and have a hard time keeping the balance.
The last 10-15% of ROM in my feet are very difficult to achieve. It's not enough just standing on the edge on my toes with weights bc the knees then tend to bend a little so it's not a proper stretch.

I think building large shoulders will improve ones proportions too if you lengthen a lot.

I've spoken to my room mate from India who did 4+7cm and he is up and running and doing weight training a couple of times in the weeks. He has some minor aches but nothing serious.
He went from 168 to 179, so we are now equal tall :D
I've seen some pictures where he still wears his lifts. Cool thing to walk around ~185ish tall....

Wannabegiant

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2014, 01:06:56 AM »

When you say your old record on that leg extension was 40 KG, i assume that isnt your pre LL record since it would mean you had already become stronger than before LL  :o

But do you know how much you could do on a leg extension machine before LL?

Did that roomate of yours look proportional in your opinion? (with or without lifts)

Btw yeah i think you can do 5 on femurs and still look good standing.

Sweden

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2014, 01:19:40 AM »

40kg pre LL??  ;D
Sure, with one leg an a thousand times in my sleep.
I've always maxed out those machines and even then managed to do 10-14 reps. Therefore I can't say what my maximum was.
But using all the weights put some stress to your knees and I was always careful in that machine.
Nowadays I pump 14-20 reps and 5-8 sets until my quads explode and burn for 4 days.

With his lifts on he didn't look proportionate but everyone can see if you wear lifts bc the shoes are bulkier than regular shoes. It's like walking on large bricks. Det ser alltså för jävligt ut!

(Yeah, standing up only)

Wannabegiant

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2014, 01:28:29 AM »

40kg pre LL??  ;D
Sure, with one leg an a thousand times in my sleep.
I've always maxed out those machines and even then managed to do 10-14 reps. Therefore I can't say what my maximum was.
But using all the weights put some stress to your knees and I was always careful in that machine.
Nowadays I pump 14-20 reps and 5-8 sets until my quads explode and burn for 4 days.

With his lifts on he didn't look proportionate but everyone can see if you wear lifts bc the shoes are bulkier than regular shoes. It's like walking on large bricks. Det ser alltså för jävligt ut!

(Yeah, standing up only)

ah haha jag tänkte lite fel där med vikten, det är sent på natten är min ursäkt xD

I agree those elevator kinds of shoes dont look good at all, nike airmax type shoes are the biggest lifts i would use

Claude

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:17 AM »

You look in really good shape  8), you sure can do 5 cm and look good. Only thing is your left leg's axis seems bent, hope you can fix that when you do your second LL.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »

I'm sorry if I missed it, but you previously said that you only turned out 1,78 after the surgery even tho you lengthened for 1,80. How are things now? What height are you, and if you are shorter, do you know the reason for it?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

elvergalarga

• Visitor
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2014, 06:18:04 AM »

sweden, you look good friend, and your video where look your ratios tibiaes femur and you look pretty porporcionado are, I think your torso is long so you do not look so out of porporcion. I personally would not say not risk another surgery, 1.78 to 1.80 ctms is a good height, even if you might i cant to aspire to that height in my body, if I arrive at 1.67 ctms'll be fine.
I have a question, wich is your originally mediate your tibiaes? and how your femur? in ctms

thank you

Moubgf

« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2014, 03:02:07 PM »

You don't have the same stability in your knees as before. You might fall to a position your knees can't stand and then you'll snap a tendon or something.
If you're very flexible your body can take the fall on your leg.
If it end up in an unnatural position you'll break the knee much more easier than before.

Try to get strong knees and legs after you finish LL.

I'm working now hard on getting my former muscles back - even though my coach advice against it. Smaller muscles can be quicker.

I just looked at this proportion picture and I'm confident I can take another 5cm on femurs next year.

Standing up is no problems but sitting down will be.
I will guaranteed be the shortest among tall people around a table.
Maybe I shouldn't care, but nobody wants to be ridiculed. They won't say it to you sure, but anyway.

I got an appointment with my PT for some checkup in 2 weeks.
We will do a couple of tests to see how I developed.

I talked to her and then tried the leg extension machine they have. My old record was 40kg on it. Now I maxed out the machine doing 6 reps with 120kg.

I will try heavy squats tomorrow. So far I've only done with 30kg bc I'm on my toes when I'm fully down and have a hard time keeping the balance.
The last 10-15% of ROM in my feet are very difficult to achieve. It's not enough just standing on the edge on my toes with weights bc the knees then tend to bend a little so it's not a proper stretch.

I think building large shoulders will improve ones proportions too if you lengthen a lot.

I've spoken to my room mate from India who did 4+7cm and he is up and running and doing weight training a couple of times in the weeks. He has some minor aches but nothing serious.
He went from 168 to 179, so we are now equal tall :D
I've seen some pictures where he still wears his lifts. Cool thing to walk around ~185ish tall....

What do you mean?....That your friend in dr.sarin butchers house lengthend BOTH tibia and femur at the same time?. Also how come he could do all THAT and now walk around like it's nothing. One moment you hear leg lengthening will fk you up for life and bla bla armageddon pain...And then on the other side we have these stories. Like yours..i mean you don't look bad you are doing frikking leg kicks in the air. If that is what we can expect post operation...then LL is rather SAFE.

Do you know the wingspan of your buddy in the house?. He and me are pretty much equal in height. And i am deffently doing cross lengthening if he did so..defenitly.

I went with a friend of my to smoke a joint in a rural area on a mountain and i was astonished to realize how fking agile and in controll i was of my body movements. i was literally climbing 90¨ degree mountains and dropping from heights. I guess that is what will be missing after the surgery.

Also i just want to put on a pair of loafers and go down to the club/bar and not have height even come into my mind/awarness. I hope that will be doable at 5'11-6'0.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2014, 12:41:24 PM »

your body looks good Sweden, very good proportions. :) I like that photo. and I think the mask/balaclava is cool :)

Sweden

« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2015, 11:03:49 PM »

Time for a little update.

I think a lot has improved and I cannow go for jogs and even fast run almost whenever I want to. It is still a little difficult and I get extremely exhausted. My stamina is still horrible.

I can feel some aches in my feet sometimes and I still lack some ROM in my ankles.

I can kick really good now and the other day I did a jumping spinning roundhouse kick. It went well.

Still have a bit x-legs in my legs, especially the left. It doesn't hurt when I run but it looks bad I think.

I'm supposed to have X-rays in 2 weeks. I'll post the pictures then.

I feel like +80% recovered. :)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

you earlier mentioned muscle reaction time was slower. did your muscle reaction time improve now??
and all the best for ur recovery. im eyeing your diary intensely as im into sports that require agility and quickness.

Sweden

« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2015, 11:20:01 PM »

I am a little bit faster now but it's nowhere near as it once were.

I think I can get much quicker if I keep running and doing explosive jumps in the gym.

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »

I am a little bit faster now but it's nowhere near as it once were.

I think I can get much quicker if I keep running and doing explosive jumps in the gym.

Didn't you mention earlier that you had problems in the ankles?
5"6 and proud

Sweden

« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »

Didn't you mention earlier that you had problems in the ankles?

Yes I did, all the time.

It is way better now. No aches on the sides of my feet and barely anything on the front of my shins as it used to whenever I felt an impact.

Right now it's my stamina that's the worse part. It's been really difficult to improve it but I have my hopes this summer.
Winter time in Sweden is like the dark ages. Everyone's just committing suicide here now.  :-X

Outgrown

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2015, 11:29:01 PM »

Yes I did, all the time.

It is way better now. No aches on the sides of my feet and barely anything on the front of my shins as it used to whenever I felt an impact.

Right now it's my stamina that's the worse part. It's been really difficult to improve it but I have my hopes this summer.
Winter time in Sweden is like the dark ages. Everyone's just committing suicide here now.  :-X

Excellent, I was a bit concerned but I should have checked your updates :P

Everyone's just committing suicide here now.

Can you explain?
5"6 and proud

Sweden

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »

Can you explain?

Sure, this country sucks so bad now so nobody wants to stay here. There is a clear "white flight" and even me and my wife are planning to leave this hell hole.
Just need to finish my school first :)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2015, 11:36:18 PM »

hey bro if u wanna be quicker u can try plyometrics..
your update will be very helpful... cos I play bball..
the endurance  thing is worrying, MDOW experiences it too...
so there's a few issues: agility(ROM), endurance and reaction times?

Outgrown

« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2015, 11:39:17 PM »

Sure, this country sucks so bad now so nobody wants to stay here. There is a clear "white flight" and even me and my wife are planning to leave this hell hole.
Just need to finish my school first :)

Racial, financial, what tipped it? (I'm not really into television news or anything of that matter so I don't know much of what other countries are experiencing.)
5"6 and proud

ItsMyLife

« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2015, 11:41:23 PM »

Racial, financial, what tipped it? (I'm not really into television news or anything of that matter so I don't know much of what other countries are experiencing.)

yup tell us more. haha I met a Swedish guy only once in the past, in korea, he's like 180 its like the average height there. haha

Sweden

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »

There is more problems. Small ones but still there. You will come to know all of them next year.
Life will never be as before.

But it's worth it being ~180 now.

I really don't feel tall but not short either, as before. So in my opinion it was all worth it.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »

There is more problems. Small ones but still there. You will come to know all of them next year.
Life will never be as before.

But it's worth it being ~180 now.

I really don't feel tall but not short either, as before. So in my opinion it was all worth it.

maybe some work-outs might help. don't lose faith alright

Sweden

« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2015, 12:48:43 AM »

https://youtu.be/QF1LiHU_D-o

This is from today. I haven't been running for 3 months since I broke my foot back then. I wore new shoes and pushed myself a little bit too hard that day, even for a normal athlete so I broke my foot. Actually it's the tibia down at the foot that broke and I didn't care about it bc I'm so sick of hospitals so I thought it would fix itself. It didn't and I'll be having a surgery for it soon. Bummer....

After 20 seconds in the video I'm really trying my absolute best and fastest I can do, with the broken foot.
In my eyes it's just terrible looking at it but it gets better.

I signed up for a professional gym that opened close to where I live now and I'll be trying my best now to get back my muscles on my legs. I miss them so bad.
Buying pants is embarrassing bc my calfs are bigger than right above my knees. I took my full measurements for a custom made racing leather suit and I am confirmed 179cm tall. I didn't buy it bc my thighs are too thin. I'm going to work on them 3 times a week and do lots of cycling.
Clearly my shins are a little too long but maybe I can get away with it if I get more buffed up.

---------------

Tomorrow I'll be heading down for Betz Land and then see the physiotherapist for a real session. I'll let you know how it went.
I'm also thinking of a consultation with Dr Betz regarding my femurs. The more I see my legs the more I believe I need to lengthen my femurs to make them proportionate. Tibias shouldn't be equal or longer than femurs, then something is really wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up