Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin  (Read 102688 times)

Arche

Re: Sweden - LON with Dr Sarin
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 03:15:31 AM »

I feel the same way too.  I was hoping to do Lon on tibias but I think the risk of permanent knee pain is not worth it.  I think I will will do external with Dr Birkholtz hopefully in 2 or 3 years.  I will only do 5 cms on tibs so I don't think I will be in frames for too long.

How long do you think it would take a 25 year old kid to recover from purely external tibias? Somewhere along 7-10 months? This is for 5 cm btw

Blackhawk

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 03:34:58 AM »

How long do you think it would take a 25 year old kid to recover from purely external tibias? Somewhere along 7-10 months? This is for 5 cm btw

From what I have read I think 7-10 months is a good estimate.

This is probably a good question for RGKEY.

Arche

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2014, 03:53:13 AM »

From what I have read I think 7-10 months is a good estimate.

This is probably a good question for RGKEY.

Yeah, I think wearing frames like that is Guantanamo-style torture lol (but seriously...) I'll take my chances with the Intramedullary Nail. (It's not like the PRECISE nail isn't entered through the knee for tibias anyway).

Orlando

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2014, 03:57:52 AM »

Doctors often say adult patients need 1 to 2 month for every cm you lengthen, so best case scenario is 5 months and worst case scenario is 10 months.  Most likely scenario is 7.5 months.   It depends on your own genetics, diet and exercise.

theuprising

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2014, 04:35:52 AM »

I was feeling the exact same way as you bro! There was a time when I thought that the pain and complications with CLL was only temporary and then end up becoming a taller and normal once again....but now I understand that there is a trade off between height and health. You can either:

1)remain short, live with height neurosis (probably forever) and not risk your physical health
2)become taller, more confident but risk your physical health with possible early arthritis
I have chosen the second option as I am extremely depressed with my current height and lost most of my esteem that it is hard for me to live a normal life and do basic things like walking properly with my ****ing shoelifts to try and avoid humiliation. I will stick with 6-6.5 cm on my femurs and 5 cm MAX on my tibias and hopefully that won't do much damage to my legs. I don't mind trading minor aches and pain for several inches of height but having premature arthritis......oh man :(     

From alot of reading I believe that there are stages potential LL patients go through. The first is wanting to lengthen as much as possible, the second is realising that lengthening the max affects how the rest
of your body looks e.g lengthen 10cm then realise tibs/femur/sitting height is no longer proportional. Then finally the long term health effects are considered.

The best doctors won't let CLL patients do 8cm on tibia or 10cm on femur because they know what happens when people do.

Moubgf

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

From alot of reading I believe that there are stages potential LL patients go through. The first is wanting to lengthen as much as possible, the second is realising that lengthening the max affects how the rest
of your body looks e.g lengthen 10cm then realise tibs/femur/sitting height is no longer proportional. Then finally the long term health effects are considered.

The best doctors won't let CLL patients do 8cm on tibia or 10cm on femur because they know what happens when people do.

Thank you for stating the obvious for the 1028934 time. Next time you maybe want to give some contructive critism instead of just tellins us wtf you have been figuring out since you started your forum journey....

Cyber

• Private
  • Visitor
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »

Where did you get the crazy idea that the "best" doctors won't let CLL patients do "8cm on tibia and 10cm on femur?!!"

From my research, it seems the real-world best Doctors are a lot more conservative then that.

Blackhawk

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:15 PM »

Thank you for stating the obvious for the 1028934 time. Next time you maybe want to give some contructive critism instead of just tellins us wtf you have been figuring out since you started your forum journey....

I think the post from theuprising was way more valuable than your post slim_tim.

You want constructive critism?  Here's some.  You're acting like an @$$hole!!!  Most people don't like what you have to post when you are acting like an @$$hole because reading it is a waste of time.  So stop being an @$$hole slim_tim.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »

looks good, two things I noticed:
-massive x legs
- you seen to be afraid to put pressure. maybe afraid of nail breakage?  like when start to accelerate it seems like you try to drag your feet
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Sweden

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »

looks good, two things I noticed:
-massive x legs
- you seen to be afraid to put pressure. maybe afraid of nail breakage?  like when start to accelerate it seems like you try to drag your feet

1. I know and hate it. It's not really massive. It's been a lot better than it was a year ago.

2. Not true. I just can't. Nails can't break, totally impossible now. Bones have fully fused.
This is how I run.
My movements are slow as a turtle and I have bad flexibility in my feet.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Claude

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »

Nice job Sweden  8) I agree thought your X legs is quite visible when you run, and when you put this jean i can see that your tibias are quite long, with larger jeans its probably less visible. I think if you do around 5 cm in your femur your leggs will be more proportionate. Great videos, thx.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »

1. I know and hate it. It's not really massive. It's been a lot better than it was a year ago.

2. Not true. I just can't. Nails can't break, totally impossible now. Bones have fully fused.
This is how I run.
My movements are slow as a turtle and I have bad flexibility in my feet.
ok,

i guess the x-legs needs to be fixed soon then.

btw what happened on 00:37

regarding proportions, honestly you look as normal as you can get. well done!
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Claude

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »

regarding proportions, honestly you look as normal as you can get. well done!
Yeah well i only see it because im focusing on it but only 1-5% of the people will notice it i think.

KrP1

« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »

I think that your kicks are like slowmotion. And you run slowly. you cant run faster? Xlegs are visible when running

Sweden

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »

I think that your kicks are like slowmotion. And you run slowly. you cant run faster? Xlegs are visible when running

This is exactly what I've been saying.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »

Highly appreciate all the videos Sweden. You're doing a real service to the CLL community.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Wannabegiant

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »

When you try to jump, do you feel heavy and like you cant get enough force to push yourself higher? It looks like you are struggling a bit with the jumps, other than that proportions look good and the kicks are cool as usual, but the x-legs make your running look a bit comical.

Your cardio also seem to have been affected heavily by LL, do you train cardio?

Thanks for the videos Sweden.

Sweden

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2014, 08:40:51 PM »

I don't have any explosiveness in my muscles so yes, I feel very heavy.

I barely do cardio.
Don't know but I've lost a lot of will power in my life.

Gichelu

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »

I don't have any explosiveness in my muscles so yes, I feel very heavy.

I barely do cardio.
Don't know but I've lost a lot of will power in my life.

Do you think it will be better once you take out the nails?
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Sweden

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:13 PM »

Do you think it will be better once you take out the nails?

Not really. Why would it?

My muscles are destroyed. Nail removal won't heal them.

Blackhawk

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »

Are you going to have surgery to fix the x-legs?

theuprising

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2014, 12:30:50 AM »

I remember you from that other thread where you said that people who work are not more worthy than those who get their parents to pay for their surgery. Everyone disagreed with you and they had to close the thread your opinion is not valid. Just face facts you have a short wing span and sitting height and want to lengthen too much.

Calic

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:07 AM »

I loved your video - that is exactly the kind of thing I like to see. No BS, you just show exactly how you look post-ll for others to judge. None of this crap on old forum  where people hide their proportions in their videos or photos. This makes me want to do a similar video :)

Also, your proportions look great! I am a bit jealous :( We have a similar final height and wingspan but you have a longer torso and better tibia/femur proportions so you look better. Sometimes I see my reflection and think it does not look 100% normal :(

Just curious – what is your calf muscle size? Mine are about 40 cm and do not seem to be getting any bigger. Have you measured your height as soon as you get up and again right before you go to bed? My morning height is nearly 180 cm and at night I am about 177 cm, I lose about 3 cm throughout the whole day.

Have you confirmed with a doctor that you have x-legs and it is only correctable with surgery? Also, is the end of your fibula closest to your knee migrated away from its socket? Sorry if you answered this before, I haven’t read through your old forum  diary recently.

I can run close to your speed with some significant pain but if I try to go any faster it feels like the rod/screws are going to shoot through my legs - do you experience this too? I also agree with you that the muscle power is just gone in the calves - I cannot accelerate quickly at all.

Assuming normal shoes give a height of 2 cm, those lifts in a way simulate what another 5 cm gain would look like on you. I am not sure another 5 cm would look good on you. Being around average height with good proportions might be better than above average or tall with just ‘okay’ proportions.

Like you, I have compared my sitting height/torso length to a lot of people who are 5’10”+ and I am definitely well below all of them. I have pretty much accepted that I was just not meant to be tall :(
Starting height: 171.5 cm
Lengthened 6.5 cm using LON with Dr. Sarin in 2013
Final height: 178 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm

alps

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »

I guess yours is a new style of trolling on LL forums. Piss off LL veterans and make them less motivated to post.
They did that to leechlet also.
The problem is that when you post such comments, you make it seem like you're speaking for all of us, but it's only your opinion.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »

Calic, give us a current pic of you to see you proportions. You did 6.5cm right?

Taller

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

^I'd also be interested in seeing one of your less flattering proportions pictures if it's not too stressful/troubling to post it.

Calic

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »

Calic, give us a current pic of you to see you proportions. You did 6.5cm right?

^I'd also be interested in seeing one of your less flattering proportions pictures if it's not too stressful/troubling to post it.

Yes, 6.5 cm. What kind of a picture would you both want to see that is different from the ones I posted in my diary earlier?
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66.30
Starting height: 171.5 cm
Lengthened 6.5 cm using LON with Dr. Sarin in 2013
Final height: 178 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm

Taller

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2014, 01:28:11 AM »

Thanks so much! If it's not too much trouble, it would be nice to see one with a naturally 5'10ish person. Or just one of those pics which you think match what you said about looking at your image/reflection and thinking that it looks a little off. Maybe some more pics of your tibiae while sitting down would be very informative too. Otherwise, how is your recovery going, Calic? Do you have any plans to have the IM nails removed? Have you had any more notable events/experiences in which you really got to enjoy your new height?

Disobedient

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2014, 06:32:15 AM »

Good job, but why do you have shortness of breath ?? it's nothing to do with LL, for sure.. and I guess you're doing exercise regularly ...could that be side effect of using too much painkiller!  ???

Sweden

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »

Good job, but why do you have shortness of breath ?? it's nothing to do with LL, for sure.. and I guess you're doing exercise regularly ...could that be side effect of using too much painkiller!  ???

I don't do exercise as I should.

My bike got stolen and I obviously can't run. That's how it is.

------------------

Yesterday at Taekwondo I did pretty good. It takes a while to warm up but when I am I can do great things.
I'll try to record it some day.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »

Hey Sweden,

I'd like your advice on this one. How many sides does the nut of the Ilizarov have? I read people doing 6 turns, but I always thought it was 4 turns. Do all the frames have the same type of nut or it varies? And from your experience what would you say would be the safe amount of turns (mm/day) for let's day someone who wants to achieve 6cm? I've read that in the beginning it is better to lengthen more to avoid early preconsolidation. I've also read some people saying that with 0.66 there is less pain and almost an easy ride throughout the process. I'd like to hear your opinion. Thanks.

Leo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up