Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Dror Paley (Florida, USA) Paley Advanced Limb Lengthening Institute  (Read 100499 times)

Tylerdurden389

• Visitor

Gotta be honest. I've heard about this surgery for many years now, discovered this forum a few months back, but never really considered this procedure due to cost and most doctors working in other countries.

Until now. My parents are actually moving to Fl. later this month and I have quite a bit of family down there already (including W. palm beach). I think if someday I ever come into an influx of cash, or just finally land a "real" job, I may start saving up for this. I'm only just over 5-2 (62 inches, 157 cm) but the risks terrify me too much to go too far, so 5cm for both femurs and tibia's is all I'm interested in. Sure I'd only be about 5-6, but for me it's still worth it. I suppose I'd consider going a little bit further and try to reach 5-7 if the risk for an extra inch isn't too bad. I'm in really good shape already and I love to physically challenge myself. So doing hours and hours of PT to get back up to 100% doesn't discourage me at all.

microman

sorry to hear you are 157, well anyway can you really afford 2xLL with this doctor, because that is a huge amount of cash for sure.

Tylerdurden389

• Visitor

sorry to hear you are 157, well anyway can you really afford 2xLL with this doctor, because that is a huge amount of cash for sure.

Thanks. It's nice to get opinions from like minded people who get where I'm coming from. Even my friends who I've known a long time who have always been fat always tell me not to think about it, it's not a problem, you should just be more confident, etc...

I'm a man, so yeah it's been rough. I'll avoid the cliche's of social awkwardness, no attention from females, doubting your self-worth, no one understands the pain, etc... We've all heard it before. To answer your question though, no I don't have nearly the funds for this sorta thing. I have about 12 grand saved up in a savings account (not counting credit line and my bank account since that money gets spent regularly) but that would go to plenty of other things before this procedure (house, car, or even a vacation at the very least lol).

I sometimes think if I had ate and slept better as a kid I *might've* been a few inches taller, but again at this height it really doesn't make a difference. I'm taller than my parents and most of my family (Yeah, we're a bunch of little runts, lol). I just try to look at life's checks and balances. My brother got lucky and made it to 5-6.5 (66.5 inches) but he's been struggling with his weight since he's a little kid, whereas I've never been overweight in my life once, regardless of how much junk food/candy I ever ate or still indulge in from time to time. I'm 31 btw.

Oh, and I just checked google's centimeters to inches converter, I'm actually somewhere between 158-159 centimeters lol.

Del

Could anyone tell me when Paley would let me go home? I would have to fly from India to Florida for the surgery and I don't want to stay there longer than I have to.
Considering LL in 2016. Will have a detailed diary at the time.

WhyPaleyWhy

• Visitor
Re: Dr Dror Paley (Florida, USA) Paley Advanced Limb Lengthening Institute
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 12:06:38 AM »

Why is it so expensive? I remember reading about LL surgery a few years ago.. the price was around 25k dollars for some specific surgery. Only rich people can afford this surgery :/ I feel like you miss out on a lot of customers by charging so much. Imagine how many patients you would have if you charged 25k!

Penguinn

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »

Why is it so expensive? I remember reading about LL surgery a few years ago.. the price was around 25k dollars for some specific surgery. Only rich people can afford this surgery :/ I feel like you miss out on a lot of customers by charging so much. Imagine how many patients you would have if you charged 25k!

That logic is flawed, and you can get externals for 15 to 25K. It's the internal nails you have to sell a kidney for.

53dude

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2015, 01:56:51 AM »

I`m at 5'3 (160) and I really want to gain more 4 inches (5'7 would be my ideal) could Paley do 4 inches with the recommendation of my endocrinologist that I'm seeing for 8 years and said that I could gain 10cm?

mb53

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2015, 02:07:34 AM »

I`m at 5'3 (160) and I really want to gain more 4 inches (5'7 would be my ideal) could Paley do 4 inches with the recommendation of my endocrinologist that I'm seeing for 8 years and said that I could gain 10cm?

The PRECICE only goes up to 8cm. There's nothing Paley can do about that.

spaghetti743

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 02:38:05 AM »

Does anyone have any information on Dr Paleys external method. What is the max it can lengthen, how comfortable, price, is it worth it, etc.

Alu

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 02:46:44 AM »

I legit don't think he offers that anymore. There's no reason too. The Percice nail is far superior to any and all externals (IMO); and clearly in his too considering he doesn't even have that information on his own website. So safe to assume internal only.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »

I legit don't think he offers that anymore. There's no reason too. The Percice nail is far superior to any and all externals (IMO); and clearly in his too considering he doesn't even have that information on his own website. So safe to assume internal only.
He does external. Except it's for little kids who have a leg discrepancy. I haven't seen an adult with one yet when I was there. And definitely nobody who has doing both legs at a time.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

DoingItForMe

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2015, 06:04:49 AM »

His rod removal fees are $17,500 including everything. I haven't seen this figure anywhere, so I want to help update you guys on this. It's a bit high in my opinion, because there are other good doctors willing to do it for much less - like more than half that price.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Tallexpectations

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »

There are horror stories about paleyhttps://sites.google.com/site/mycrippledleg/home/dr-paley-2-html

TIBIKE200

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »

The price for the PRECISE 2 nail is 90,000$ (I have spoken today with the PAley institute)
I learned some stuff during this time

aspirant185

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »

That is more than twice what one would spend with Dr. Franz in South Africa, who uses the same device. For me,it is no brainer :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

PatientZero

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2016, 07:38:24 PM »

That is more than twice what one would spend with Dr. Franz in South Africa, who uses the same device. For me,it is no brainer :)

Twice the price for good reason. Dr. Paley has performed this surgery thousands of times in a center that is built around his talents. You get what you pay for, so sure, no brainer.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
Dr Dror Paley (West Palm Beach, Florida) 2016 Price Update
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:26:41 PM by Stadiometer »

The View

Lucky? haha

If I was your height I probably wouldn't do LL

Tylerdurden389

• Visitor

Hey everyone. Just a little update. I got a 'real' job last October and while I've had to spend more money on a car (and insurance) in order to commute there, I'm making more money now than my last job. I'm also about to get a promotion that will lead to even more money. Suddenly 6 figures for these procedures (especially when said doctor is only a hop, skip, and jump away from whee a lot of my family live down there) doesn't seem like much. It's gonna be a long, hard hustle, but I just have to remind myself of how bad I want it. One thing I can say for sure is that all I want is to go from just over 5-2, to exactly 5-7. So 7cm on the thighs, and 5cm on the shins. Considering this is less than what Paley recommends as being safe, I'm more confident that this overall procedure should be easier.

aspirant185

This is just insane...175 + 25 = 200 000 $ for that surgery..
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Lgazer

Read about Dr Paley's bad cases in the newspapers. This man is not GOD.

• Visitor

Hey everyone. Just a little update. I got a 'real' job last October and while I've had to spend more money on a car (and insurance) in order to commute there, I'm making more money now than my last job. I'm also about to get a promotion that will lead to even more money. Suddenly 6 figures for these procedures (especially when said doctor is only a hop, skip, and jump away from whee a lot of my family live down there) doesn't seem like much. It's gonna be a long, hard hustle, but I just have to remind myself of how bad I want it. One thing I can say for sure is that all I want is to go from just over 5-2, to exactly 5-7. So 7cm on the thighs, and 5cm on the shins. Considering this is less than what Paley recommends as being safe, I'm more confident that this overall procedure should be easier.

Which Job and how much are you getting paid that would allow you to save that much?
I am an Engineer, which is classed as one of the high paid jobs, and I would still not afford this surgery if I was going to go with Paley!

Tylerdurden389

• Visitor

Which Job and how much are you getting paid that would allow you to save that much?
I am an Engineer, which is classed as one of the high paid jobs, and I would still not afford this surgery if I was going to go with Paley!

I'm a mail handler at the post office. I actually started back in October but I wasn't 'career' yet, and thus couldn't do overtime. However, I just got turned over which means a small raise, but more importantly I can do overtime now. Overtime is time and a half for the first 20 hours (as well as holidays), and double pay for any more than 20 hours of overtime. Now, I only get paid $15 and change an hour, however, I have pretty much no expenses aside from rent, gas, car insurance and food (and believe me it doesn't make much of a dent). Also, I work at the warehouse at JFK airport, which means there's lots opportunity for overtime. If I can do 12 hours a day, 7 days a week (and believe me some people do that), I can clear $1500-$1600 a week AFTER taxes, and that comes to 72k - 78k a year after taxes.

Like I said, it'll be a hustle, but now that this fantasy could become a reality (albeit about like 5 years from now), I am more than willing to put in the time. The work isn't hard anyway, and I have no life whatsoever (the ladies don't like short guys, after all, right? So I don't socialize or 'go out' anymore). Now I'm more concerned with getting a transfer and moving to Florida.

• Visitor

I'm a mail handler at the post office. I actually started back in October but I wasn't 'career' yet, and thus couldn't do overtime. However, I just got turned over which means a small raise, but more importantly I can do overtime now. Overtime is time and a half for the first 20 hours (as well as holidays), and double pay for any more than 20 hours of overtime. Now, I only get paid $15 and change an hour, however, I have pretty much no expenses aside from rent, gas, car insurance and food (and believe me it doesn't make much of a dent). Also, I work at the warehouse at JFK airport, which means there's lots opportunity for overtime. If I can do 12 hours a day, 7 days a week (and believe me some people do that), I can clear $1500-$1600 a week AFTER taxes, and that comes to 72k - 78k a year after taxes.

Like I said, it'll be a hustle, but now that this fantasy could become a reality (albeit about like 5 years from now), I am more than willing to put in the time. The work isn't hard anyway, and I have no life whatsoever (the ladies don't like short guys, after all, right? So I don't socialize or 'go out' anymore). Now I'm more concerned with getting a transfer and moving to Florida.

sounds like you got it all planned out, but those hours are crazy!.... all the best.
I am just still a junior engineer, I am on £40,000 a year before tax, so will take me a while to save. But because I want it now and don't have any savings, I am going to take a loan from the bank, sell my car, ask time off work, go and get it done, then return to work and pay off the loan.

yassir

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »

do u perform legs shortening surgery?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »

Yes he does. Why do you want leg shortening?
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

yassir

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 04:07:39 AM »

because my legs became so long and out of propotions its making me feel bad and depressed i cant even look at my body in the mirror !! and my upper body looks shorter i hate it i really hate if i dont do this surgery ill commit suicide!

yassir

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12:44 PM »

and can u please tell me the price and the procedure

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 06:00:40 PM »

because my legs became so long and out of propotions its making me feel bad and depressed i cant even look at my body in the mirror !! and my upper body looks shorter i hate it i really hate if i dont do this surgery ill commit suicide!
Seriously?
All you need is a shrink.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2016, 06:29:06 PM »

and can u please tell me the price and the procedure

There are contact information in the first page.... If you can't find the willpower to make a phone-call or send an e-mail to the doc to ask about pricing, than why should anyone do that for you?
I learned some stuff during this time

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2016, 07:08:04 PM »

Committing suicide is serious. This guy needs help. You don't help when you are so rude.
Yassir, go to your doctor, perhaps get psychological advice, then ask Paley if he does cosmetic leg shortening for disproportion limbs. How tall are you?
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up