Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center ( Kurgan, Russia)  (Read 60786 times)

chen

• Visitor
Re: Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center ( Kurgan, Russia)
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2018, 03:03:07 AM »

They rejected mine due to some high-risk complications

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »

Generally I think it is safe to say that if you want them to take you seriously you must see them in person. Imagine how many people are sending them emails about wanting to lengthen when merely 10% of them actually do it.

chen

• Visitor
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2018, 11:11:54 AM »

I'll be there on 20th June to get my CLL...

HHHeir what is your status any update will be great and helpfull

Generally I think it is safe to say that if you want them to take you seriously you must see them in person. Imagine how many people are sending them emails about wanting to lengthen when merely 10% of them actually do it.

Replied them asking if i can come for a consultation, Hoping i will get a chance after consultation

Note : My Complication was this surgical treatment at the Ilizarov Centre is not possible due to high risk of post-operative neurological complications and worsening of the neurological condition

will i have any chance of getting treatment got above reply after sending them all reports of tests i sent  them which they asked

Sara123

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2019, 09:14:32 PM »

This centre seems unbelievably cheap. I just worked out cross lengthening, staying here for 12 months, the whole thing would cost around $16,000. I am going to email them now. They have been on the news here in the UK. A number of Brits went here and appeared on the news post surgery with successful results. One woman reported she took much longer to recover but this is because everyone is different not necessarily because it's a bad centre.

I think one well known Australian politician had her legs lengthened at this same centre, she did all 4 segments in her 20s.

myloginacc

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2019, 01:54:59 AM »

They're the oldest center in the world performing distraction osteogenesis via external fixators.

However, I don't get how some of the people managed to have CLL done there. They're extremely strict with cosmetic cases. It'd be nice if we could get an update on whether they changed their policy.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Sara123

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2019, 12:18:30 PM »

I have emailed the centre in Kurgan. Got an immediate reply asking very specific questions. Asking how old I am, how tall I am and why I wish to do the surgery. After sending my answers, I was told a doctor would review my answers and decide whether to see me for a consultation. There is a chance I may be denied even a consultation. That’s how strict they are.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2019, 02:13:44 PM »

I emailed them, but they didn't answer yet. I tried to call, but nobody answered.
Go for it

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »

E-mail I received from them

Dear XXxx xxx xxxx,

Thank you for your interest in Ilizarov Center.
Unfortunately we admit patients for LL surgery with height not exceeding 160 cm.
--
Best regards,
Alexandra Telminova
International Department
Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center
"Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics"
Kurgan, Russia
Go for it

Sara123

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2019, 05:11:41 PM »

They replied to me yesterday. They have agreed to treat me but only on tibias and at a maximum of 4.5 cm. They are really strict.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2019, 07:29:21 PM »

They replied to me yesterday. They have agreed to treat me but only on tibias and at a maximum of 4.5 cm. They are really strict.
Are you less than 1,60?
Go for it

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2019, 07:58:31 AM »

Currently the Ilizarov Center performs height increase and deformity correction if the patient comply with the below criteria authorized by Protocol dated 09.11.17.
I. The following indications were developed for height increase and deformity correction:
1. Starting height not exceeding 160 cm;
2. Disproportion of lower limb segments (Limb length discrepancy of tibia+heel and femur exceeding 4 cm);
3. Disproportion of body and limbs (height discrepancy while sitting/standing -43%);
4. Angular and rotational deformities of the lower limbs – up to 20°;
5. Biomechanical axis deviation from the knee center – 10 mm and more;
6. Age of the patient: from 21 to 40 years.
7. Absence of complications of somatic status such as chronic diseases threatening operative invasion and post-op care, acute and chronic diseases of the skin, subcutaneous cellular and connective tissues, immune deficiency disorders of any etiology and mental and behavioral disorders.
II. Mechanism of the patient’s selection for admission
1. Possession of the document from physician regarding medical history of the patient;
2. Complex of the lab tests is to be done at the Center;
3. Individual psychological testing by clinical psychologist of the Center;
4. Photo documentation at pre-admission stage or any stage of in- and out-patient treatment (upon indication of attending surgeon).
5. A Board of doctors makes the final decision on possibility of the patient admission. The membership of a Board is set up by the order of the Director of the Center.
III. Technical aspects
1. Monofocal lengthening (in one segment) is performed for the amount not exceeding 5 cm and bifocal (cross) lengthening shall not exceed 7 cm.
2. Foot fixation surgery in lengthening is performed if it is clinically necessary.
3. The operation on reassembly of the frame (re-insertion of wires) is performed if it is clinically necessary.
IV. Financial statement: 100% prepayment
Go for it

myloginacc

« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:30 PM »

I guess the majority of their patients getting CLL are women now, if the 160cm requirement applies equally to both genders.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2019, 02:00:28 PM »

I guess the majority of their patients getting CLL are women now, if the 160cm requirement applies equally to both genders.
Unfortunatelly, because men suffers much more with short stature.
Go for it

Moncx

« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2020, 12:27:40 AM »

They have very strict rules but also have the most experience doctors in the external fixation around the world

lift17

• Visitor
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2021, 01:31:04 AM »

Hi but i send message and them tell me they stooped to do this surgery for cosmetic :/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up