Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center ( Kurgan, Russia)  (Read 60795 times)

Overdozer

Re: Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center ( Kurgan, Russia)
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 11:41:39 PM »

These prices are great however what's everyone on here saying about being afraid to go to Russia? Is that because of US relations? Would I be safer if I went on my cuban passport rather than an American one?
I see the propaganda machine is working nicely in the US. Yea, dude, if you come here with your American passport, Putin himself will fly to Kurgan with KGB agents by his side, he will find you and execute you with his deadly karate punch and then bury you right underneath the Scientific Center. Better get a new passport and don't forget to wear ushanka and drink a lot of vodka when you cross the Russian border, else you'll be instantly spotted by the FSB .
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Morgenst.

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »

I asked a serious question and I got nothing but sarcasm about comments that I myself didn't make. How helpful exclide! Just so you know I was born in Cuba so I have a Cuban passport and if it makes my time any easier (even so much as going through the airport) to use that instead of my US passport then I'd like to know.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 06:44:49 AM »

These prices are great however what's everyone on here saying about being afraid to go to Russia? Is that because of US relations? Would I be safer if I went on my cuban passport rather than an American one?

You'll be fine. Americans go on business to Russia all the time--it isn't N. Korea.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

tx1111

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 01:50:59 PM »

You'll be fine. Americans go on business to Russia all the time--it isn't N. Korea.

the situation is cknstantly changing and not for the better it appears.

My concern is what if i go over there and th US decides to arm the Ukraine? Then what?  Who can say its gonna be ok?

Propaganda or not, these countries are at odds and I dont find it unreasonable to assume the political situation may affect me in some way.

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 09:27:22 AM »

The politicial situation is worse each day. I like this clinic, but I would be afraid of going there because these issues.
Besides, I also think that the height cap is annoying. Probably I wouldn't be taken by them, which I find very sad. Why do they accept a guy for going from 1.65 to 1.71 and don't accept a guy going from 1.66 to 1.71 or 1.67 to 1.71? I don't find it reasonable. In the late two cases it would be safer to lengthen.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 05:23:03 PM »

My concern is what if i go over there and th US decides to arm the Ukraine? Then what?  Who can say its gonna be ok?

Propaganda or not, these countries are at odds and I dont find it unreasonable to assume the political situation may affect me in some way.

It probably won't. It isn't the Cold War, after all. Yes, things are tense and getting tenser, but it's going to take a lot for both countries to start kicking out each others' citizens.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »

if America and Russia go to nuclear war, you think you can survive in America? Russia has maneuvering nuclear missiles which can evade ABM systems, has nuclear submarines that are pretty advanced, many Tu bombers, anti-stealth capabilities (forget the B-2 bomber), etc.
that being said, it is as safe in Russia as in America. If there is any comfort, there is a anti-ballistic missile system around Moscow and probably some other parts (I think it is the s300 and s400 system with an ABM radar); furthermore kurgan is so far from Moscow and Ukraine!
of course, the story is different if you are from Europe (but Russia can take out Europe anytime)

who is to say that Moscow or Kurgan or even Volgograd will be affected by a conventional war?
anyone who wages conventional war in Russia, is stupid. PUtin possibly has Asperger's and any slight provocation might mean nuclear war.

Russia's military (conventional) is not very good now, so at a hint of direct confrontation, they have said they will use nuclear weapons (they released this protocol recently); any country which wants to play with doom, should play with Russia.

If ur in Europe maybe ur safer, but Russian Iskander (and possibly nuclear-tipped)missiles are aimed at key NATO installations.

heightangel

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 01:09:09 PM »

Russia's crisis is extremely grave, not only for the country itself, but for the rest of the European Union. There are geopolitical risks associated with what has happened in Ukraine and what is still happening, and this could affect our future prospects of LL in Russia. I would have chosen Russia if this had not happened, because they are the most experienced in externals.

tallerbetter

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 11:53:43 PM »

Russia's crisis is extremely grave, not only for the country itself, but for the rest of the European Union. There are geopolitical risks associated with what has happened in Ukraine and what is still happening, and this could affect our future prospects of LL in Russia. I would have chosen Russia if this had not happened, because they are the most experienced in externals.

I agree, bro. So scary!

heightangel

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »

I agree, bro. So scary!

YEah bro. Scary. What would you do to in the middle of a war with your legs broken? Really scary

tallerbetter

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »

YEah bro. Scary. What would you do to in the middle of a war with your legs broken? Really scary

That's why I'd never go there with a war going on.

Ueslei Abreu

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 05:55:43 PM »

Here's the response from Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics

At present height increase in our Center possible, if the patient complies with the criteria, indicated in Protocol No1 of July 22, 2013.

1. Starting height less than 165 cm for guys (160 cm - for girls).
2. Disproportion of lower limb segments (evaluated by doctors of the Center).
3. Disproportion of body and limbs (evaluated by doctors of the Center).
4. There is also age limit, 21-40 years, associated with higher risk of osteoporosis, complications related to vascular system and delayed consolidation.
5. The height increase candidates should be in good health and they are required to bring a health report, describing their entire previous medical history, signed by GP.

If you comply with with the above requirements, then height increase is possible at our Center.

Duration of in-patient treatment depends on many factors, including age, amount of lengthening, patient's diligence in following doctor's recommendations, etc.

However, it is not mandatory to stay in the hospital during the entire treatment. It is possible to be discharged from the hospital for out-patient treatment during fixation period (consolidation of the achieve result). In this case duration of hospital stay is reduced (and, of course, the cost). Usually our height increase patients stay in the hospital for the distraction period; then they leave the hospital for out-patient treatment with fixators on; and later it is mandatory to be admitted to the hospital again for a few days for fixator removal.

Motion activity, physical exercise therapy, walking with crutches or sticks, starts from the second day after surgery.
During the entire treatment our patients lead an active lifestyle, almost without limitations.  Our patients start walking without additional means of support in 1.5-2 months after removal of the external fixators.

The cost of our treatment is quite reasonable. It consists of the cost of preoperative examination, cost of surgery (which depends on how complex the surgery is), cost of fixator (which depends on the operated segment and number of parts), cost of accommodation (depends on the type of the room), duration of treatment, mandatory assistance package.

The costs are as follows:
standard preoperative examination (approx. 5000 roubles)
the cost of surgery (which depends on the type of surgery) - either 49400 roubles  (one-level lengthening) or 64200 roubles (two-level lengthening) per surgery (each leg is counted as a separate surgery).
the cost of fixator for one tibia - approx. 17800 roubles (you will need two of them)
the cost of one bed-day in a common room shared by 4-7 patients - 1460 roubles.
mandatory assistance package for 90 days - 117800 roubles (if you stay in the hospital longer - the cost will increase).

If you add all the above costs you will get the total cost of treatment. The cost includes accommodation, standard hospital meals, physical exercise therapy and medications associated with orthopaedic treatment, translator assistance in communication with hospital staff.

You can get additional information from doctor in English over the phone 007 3522 43 06 88.

Best regards,
Dr.K.I.Novikov, MD
Head of the orthopaedic Department No13
Federal State Budgetary Institution
"Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center
"Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics""
6, M.Ulianova St., 640014, Kurgan, Russia
Phone: 007 3522 45 47 58
web-site: www.ilizarov.ru
e-mail: n.balayeva@ilizarov.ru (Natalia Balaeva)

Ueslei Abreu

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 06:02:41 PM »

Sorry but I don't understand:
Acording to my calcs it will cost about 230,000 rublos, but in other time you had sent an email said that it will cost 650,000 rublos.

So what is the right price ?

Ueslei Abreu

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 06:03:32 PM »

Sorry but I don't understand:
Acording to my calcs it will cost about 230,000 rublos, but in other time you had sent an email said that it will cost 650,000 rublos.

So what is the right price ?

Versatile

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2015, 05:34:55 AM »

Can anyone confirm the pricing?

650,000 rubles would only translate to roughly 10,000 USD.

Even with the sanctions, that sounds way too low for such a surgery.

Versatile

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 05:39:24 AM »

Shuya,

I'm from the states. I'm interested in going... but will have to verify that it's legitimate. Can anyone confirm?

ub40

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 01:14:40 AM »

Hi has anyone gone here, I'm definitely interested but no one has responded. The price seems low enough that even if it takes a long time the cost of living isn't too bad.
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Ghademan

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

What the new cost of this center?

Sara2001

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 06:52:31 PM »

Does anyone has mail address or any other contact for dr Costantin Novikov in Kurgan? He operated me in 1986. and would love very much to get in touch with him. Thanks in advance!!!

Moubgf

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »

if America and Russia go to nuclear war, you think you can survive in America? Russia has maneuvering nuclear missiles which can evade ABM systems, has nuclear submarines that are pretty advanced, many Tu bombers, anti-stealth capabilities (forget the B-2 bomber), etc.
that being said, it is as safe in Russia as in America. If there is any comfort, there is a anti-ballistic missile system around Moscow and probably some other parts (I think it is the s300 and s400 system with an ABM radar); furthermore kurgan is so far from Moscow and Ukraine!
of course, the story is different if you are from Europe (but Russia can take out Europe anytime)

who is to say that Moscow or Kurgan or even Volgograd will be affected by a conventional war?
anyone who wages conventional war in Russia, is stupid. PUtin possibly has Asperger's and any slight provocation might mean nuclear war.

Russia's military (conventional) is not very good now, so at a hint of direct confrontation, they have said they will use nuclear weapons (they released this protocol recently); any country which wants to play with doom, should play with Russia.

If ur in Europe maybe ur safer, but Russian Iskander (and possibly nuclear-tipped)missiles are aimed at key NATO installations.

No putin has multiple personality disorder from trauma shattering his mind. Look up Mk ultra cia operation. Almost 3 million people in the US is under this perception hypnosis control. And have different personas to bring society down a certain road...yes obama is mind controlled aswell.But this is for another discussion.Russia is safe until 2018.Then you should worry.

varusilizarov

• Genu Varum : more that a cosmetic problem...
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »

Hi guys,

Now, I'm in Ilizarov Centre, but not war, not dangerous place. Everyting it's fine..don't worry!

Dr. Konstantine Movikov is now in dept#18. He is the second in list picture http://www.ilizarov.ru/index.php/too-18
You can show Dr. Movikov in this video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9ivgy_xl-report-ilizarov-the-art-of-bone_tech (at the end of video when Dr. remove Ilizarov frame to Canadian girl)

Note: I'm here for genu varus correction.

Saludos!
Genu varum correction at Ilizarov Center
Russia - Kurgan
@2016

llendpoint

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 04:41:57 PM »

Update:

At Russian Ilizarov Center it is possible to increase your height and correct the deformities at the same time during one stage of treatment. Tentative duration of treatment is 4.5-5 months and it is obligatory to stay 3 month in the hospital, after that you can go back wearing the frame and remove them at home. Within 1 stage of treatment it is possible 5.5-6 cm.

The cost of 1 operation (catgory 1B) is 46 430.00 roubles (you have 2 operations since you have two segments),
the cost of 1 tibial frame is approx 25-30 000.rbls (you have 2),
anesthesia - 5 600.00 rbls x 2;
X-rays - 14 (1 is 500 rbls),
and obligatory international charges 117 800.00 (for the first three months, then - daily calculation),
daily stay in the shared room - 2150 rbls,

Why is it limited to 6 cm? Every leg is different...
The costs are:
2*46430 to operate both legs
2*27500 for two frames
2*5600 anesthesia
14*500 for x-rays
117800 for the first 90 days
x*2150 after 90 days for each day

Total amount: (283860 + x*2150) Ruble = (4737.97 + x*35.89) USD

doomsday

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »

is that pure ilizarov, LON or LATN?

llendpoint

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »

I didn't ask in the mail if it was ilizarov or other external methods. In my mail I asked how much it would cost using the ilizarov method because I assumed they use that method, and that was the reply I got.

It really is super cheap. Can anyone confirm the price who actually did it there?

cookie

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »

Sorry, I don't fully understand the criteria. So do you have to have all of the listed criteria to be seen there? Cause I don't have a limb disproportion. I just want to gain some cm.

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 04:48:59 AM »

My current plan was to get LL done in Italy but the prices in Russia are certainly attractive. Any information on the internal femur lengthening in Russia?
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

onemorefoot

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »

My current plan was to get LL done in Italy but the prices in Russia are certainly attractive. Any information on the internal femur lengthening in Russia?
Internal methods are not used there, only external or hybrids.
Budget will determine my future.

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »

I would guess the externals cost much less, although I don't hear many people talking about the externals here.
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

Overdozer

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2017, 08:23:31 PM »

I would guess the externals cost much less, although I don't hear many people talking about the externals here.
Everyone here is a dollar millionaire, don't forget. Paying the cost of a 911 Porsche for one surgery is ok. Paying the cost of an E-Class Mercedes-Benz for two tubes of metal is totally not a scam. Internals are the best lengthening method period. Not a PR agent btw.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

cookie

• Visitor
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »

but a lot of people report life long knee pain from internals.

HHHeir

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2017, 06:26:50 AM »

Hello guys Im new here and seriously planning to get this surgery done from this Ilizarov center.
I have sent her(natalia) an email twice but didnt get a reply. does anyone have the updated price??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up