Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equal Tibia and Femur ?  (Read 2975 times)

jerry

Equal Tibia and Femur ?
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »

I used a measuring tape and did the measurement

Ankle to kneecap = Tibia Length
Kneecap to hip = Femur Length

To my surprise, they are roughly the exact measurement.   I often read that people naturally have Tibia 80% of Femur length.

My plan was to do Tibia by 7cm via monorails.     Now my question is

:  Having longer tibia by 7cm, will that throw off my proportions and affect my stride for walking/running?       

Wannabegiant

Re: Equal Tibia and Femur ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »

This is interesting and kind of reassuring for me, that equally long tibia and femurs occur naturally in people. My tibias are almost as long as my femurs now after lengthening, just a few cm shorter.

I dont think any studies have been done as to what long term effects having longer tibia could cause. It will affect strides of course but that doesnt mean it will have any significant negative impact.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »

7 cm won't matter that much. If you're a model, longer tibia is usually considered to be prettier. If that 7 cm's on femur -> make you like a Homo erectus...

jerry

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:52:38 AM »

I asked a LL Doctor about it. His response was

- I am not sure that you have equal tibias and femurs. It is better to do tibias then femurs. From esthetically point of view it is more difficult to recognize that tibia is longer because people accepted tibia as longer. In other hand if femur longer it is much more easy to see it.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »

I asked a LL Doctor about it. His response was

- I am not sure that you have equal tibias and femurs. It is better to do tibias then femurs. From esthetically point of view it is more difficult to recognize that tibia is longer because people accepted tibia as longer. In other hand if femur longer it is much more easy to see it.

I think the reason people dont notice a longer tibia so easily is because of so many people using lifts and plateau shoes, heels etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up