Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Choose A Limb Lengthening Doctor - The Simplified Guide  (Read 6073 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Visitor
How To Choose A Limb Lengthening Doctor - The Simplified Guide
« on: September 19, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »

This is a cliff note version of how to choose a doctor for Limb Lengthening, written with input from current and former patients.

1)  Get Prepared - Evaluate Your Situation Realistically

Financially - Do you have the money?  Decide how much are you willing to spend as there are doctors who will do the surgery for a wide range of prices, depending on location and quality of service provided.

Time -  Are you able to take time off from work, school and relationships?  If going overseas, you will be in a foreign country for months.

Social Life - You will be required to use crutches for support for months, are you ready to explain what happened and plan how you will move around?

Physical  -  How strong and fit is your body and mind to undergo the trauma and stress of the process?  If you are old, fragile, severely overweight or ill, then this process will be even harder to recover from.  Having a good level of fitness training beforehand will help you recover faster and better from the surgery than living a sedentary lifestyle.

2)  Get Informed -  Research & Consultation

Once you have figured out and prepared yourself, it's time to find out which Limb Lengthening doctor will works best for you. Here's a few important things to do

- Study the pros and cons of each Limb Lengthening methods

From external to LON/LATN to Internal methods, there are differences in each methods and you must know which options are available before choosing between them

- Visit the Doctors for consultation

Have a list of doctors you are potentially interested in and visit them in person for consultation.  Evaluate them from their body language, tone and how they answer your questions about Limb Lengthening.  Request a tour of the facility if possible.

- Speak to ex and current patients & staff members

You may find out more about the doctors by speaking to staff members who are working under them and those that have underwent the process. You should speak to multiple sources and verify the overall feedback about the doctors.

3) Get Going - It's Time

With preparation, evaluation and research done, you are now ready to make a final commitment to a process which will cost you alot of money, time and pain.  At this point, you may even decide Limb Lengthening is not for you, and that's okay.  Or you may decide Limb Lengthening is exactly what you want. 

Remember, this is your own independent decision and the ultimate responsibility and power to decide lies in you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:18:03 PM by Admin »

Metanoia

Re: How To Choose A Limb Lengthening Doctor - The Simplified Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »

Hi, i beg to differ. Limb Lengthening is not to be recommended. The risks to your health are much bigger than most people on the forum realize. Limb Lengthening can destroy your whole life. Just think about other things you could do with the money and the time.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 02:17:21 PM »

Hi, i beg to differ. Limb Lengthening is not to be recommended. The risks to your health are much bigger than most people on the forum realize. Limb Lengthening can destroy your whole life. Just think about other things you could do with the money and the time.

Where is p00293 when you need him

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

nick-sh.

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 07:13:27 AM »

The worst doctor worldwide  for LL is  Yasser Elbatrawy, in Egypt.He is very irresponsible and he destroyed my legs on purpose!Even now,years after my surgery with him i can't walk normally.He cares only about money,money,money...He thinks that his patients are unimportant.

YOUNGandSTRONG

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 03:31:33 PM »

if you are against limb lengthening then why the hell are you on this forum??
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

YOUNGandSTRONG

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 03:42:21 PM »

The worst doctor worldwide  for LL is  Yasser Elbatrawy, in Egypt.He is very irresponsible and he destroyed my legs on purpose!Even now,years after my surgery with him i can't walk normally.He cares only about money,money,money...He thinks that his patients are unimportant.

clearly you do not follow the advice above. Is it that perhaps you have not been informed of how disastrous the doctors of the East are? every month poor devils come to be operated on by those butchers and end up losing their legs that are a lifetime, ofc they don’t care about their patients. I am sorry for your situation and for how direct I am being, but your testimony will help other LLRS to take caution.
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 10:20:59 AM »

if you are against limb lengthening then why the hell are you on this forum??
I really can't believe we can still see someone tout LL can destory one's life on LL FORUM...
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!
Pages: [1]   Go Up