Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sitting height ratios have a much greater range than I would have imagined!  (Read 10250 times)

Taller

I was spending a relaxing evening looking up articles about human proportions and came across this:

There are also biologically and statistically significant variation between human populations in body shape. Eveleth and Tanner [45,46] published data for body proportions and leg length, estimated via the sitting height ratio, from dozens of human populations, distributed across most geographic regions of the world (Figure 9). The sitting height ratio (SHR) is a commonly used measure of body proportion. Measured stature minus sitting height may also be used to estimate leg length but this measure does not standardize for total height making it difficult to compare individuals with different statures. Mean SHR for populations of adults varies from minimum values, i.e., relatively longest legs, for Australian Aborigines (SHR = 47.3 for men and 48.1 for women) to the maximum SHR values, i.e., relatively shortest legs, for Guatemala Maya men and Peruvian women (SHR = 54.6 and 55.8 ).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872302/

My ratio at the moment is 53%. I am Caucasian, but I am now less concerned about my proportions knowing I'm on the upper end of the spectrum. I'll be 51% after LL. Sweden, you are also around 51-52% which is perfectly proportionate.

Moubgf

How tall is your upperbody when sitting with a legit 6'1 mesomorph?

Taller

How tall is your upperbody when sitting with a legit 6'1 mesomorph?

Almost as tall, but, I'll admit, not equally tall. My best friends are 6'3 and 6'4. The 6'4 one always towers over me while we sit down, but I'd say that the 6'3 guy is just a CM or two taller than me sitting down. Sometimes I think that if I became 6'0, 6'1 or 6'2 with LL, my 96 CM sitting height would be perfectly proportional. What do you all think? What it the tallest I could get with a 96CM sitting height while staying relatively proportionate in appearance, at least to the point that people won't point out my short torso or sitting height?

Assuming my arm span is sufficient (although I really have my doubts, but let's just be hypothetical here), would 96 CM sitting height be enough to pull of 6'2 or 188 CM?

Moubgf

Well that is up to you really whats your starting height and such.

Me personally i would settle for 6'0-6'1 If i had the proportions for it.

6'2 is overkill, would feel awesome but still overkill.

If you look at things objektively you would get minimum advantage at 6'2 compared to 6'0.

Yes you would get that "alpha" glance when entering a room BUT if the 6'0 is more good looking and more charismatic.

Then those 2 extra inches wont do shiet.

And i doubt your both friends are that tall. i assume the tallest that you said was 6'4 ? is actually 6'2-6'3.
and your other friend is probably 6'0-6'1.

trust me you know when you see a legit 6'4.

Taller

While I haven't personally measured any of my friends, I know that those are their heights. My father is 6'2 (that's probably where a large part of my psychological height neurosis and desire to be 6'2 comes from) and both friends I mentioned are noticeably taller than him. I have measured my father by the way, lol. my father's sitting height is (98-99CM) is around 2-3CM taller than mine, but, like mine, his torso is noticeably large and long.

I am almost average height for a young male in the USA (according to stadiometer's stats), but would love to be above average or, at the very worst, average height in all realistically-feasible situations. My wingspan is about 6'1-6'1.5 depending on how I measure. I have very broad shoulders though, which means that, while I am blessed with a visibly big torso, my arms are perhaps shorter than you might expect for that wingspan. I know that many men naturally have a wingspan one inch less than their height. Based on this description of myself, and knowing that I have a 96CM sitting height (measured numerous times with a stadiometer), do you honestly think I could pull off 6'2 without people noticing strange or abnormal proportions? Is 96CM a pretty common/normal sitting height for caucasian 6'2 men in your opinions? Please be honest. The truth may hurt but, if you think 6'2 would make me look weird, I'd much rather know it now than after becoming disproportionate and freakish looking.

Thanks very much to anyone who responds.

Moubgf

While I haven't personally measured any of my friends, I know that those are their heights. My father is 6'2 (that's probably where a large part of my psychological height neurosis and desire to be 6'2 comes from) and both friends I mentioned are noticeably taller than him. I have measured my father by the way, lol. my father's sitting height is (98-99CM) is around 2-3CM taller than mine, but, like mine, his torso is noticeably large and long.

I am almost average height for a young male in the USA (according to stadiometer's stats), but would love to be above average or, at the very worst, average height in all realistically-feasible situations. My wingspan is about 6'1-6'1.5 depending on how I measure. I have very broad shoulders though, which means that, while I am blessed with a visibly big torso, my arms are perhaps shorter than you might expect for that wingspan. I know that many men naturally have a wingspan one inch less than their height. Based on this description of myself, and knowing that I have a 96CM sitting height (measured numerous times with a stadiometer), do you honestly think I could pull off 6'2 without people noticing strange or abnormal proportions? Is 96CM a pretty common/normal sitting height for caucasian 6'2 men in your opinions? Please be honest. The truth may hurt but, if you think 6'2 would make me look weird, I'd much rather know it now than after becoming disproportionate and freakish looking.

Thanks very much to anyone who responds.

Well depends if you are doing 1 or 2 surgeries. If it's 2 then calm down bro you got all the time in the world to figure that out just get that first surgery going and you be good.

now if it's 1 surgery for like 9 cm then you will still look good since everybody no matter what can lengthen 9 cm and be proportionate. But as i said forget about 6'2 that is the best outcome.
If you get to 6'0 your neurosis will vaporize and you will laugh at the thought of being 6'2 because you wont give a  . Now i understand the thing with your dad and you wanting perfection and that is normal with mental "trauma".
And i used to look at proportions and sitting height and all that. But at the end of the day im STILL gonna do that first surgery no matter what and if i decide to do another one. THEN will i be more concerned about proportions and stuff like that. the first one is always free of charge lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up