Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar  (Read 417894 times)

Alu

Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar
« Reply #775 on: July 02, 2016, 02:48:16 AM »

You look good mate. I do have two questions:

1) Where are you knees at? Are they really located where that rip/wrinkle adjacent to it? Seems relatively low considering that you did 6 CM.

2) Is your waist located at your belt/end of the pants? Or are the pants more pulled up?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 04:44:40 AM by Alu »

Penguinn

« Reply #776 on: July 02, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »

Hypothetically if you went for femurs, would you go to Parihar again?

CCMidwest

Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - Body type comparison with friend
« Reply #777 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:55 PM »

Took a standing pic with a friend of mine just because we have very different body types. He has a long wingspan for his height, but it helps to imagine what I'd look like in comparison to him if I were to attempt lengthening femurs later. He's slightly over 6'0.

It's pictures like this that show why something as insignificant as 2" on a ruler, is actually huge when it is height on a person. You don't look that short compared to his 6' now, but a 5'7 to 5'9 jump would close that gap in height significantly.

Lot's of lifting time, looking good man.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #778 on: July 02, 2016, 01:15:23 PM »

you should put a pic in the before and after section Kilo.
I learned some stuff during this time

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #779 on: July 02, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »

Same as height now. 170 cm.
Pure curiosity: how long is your arm?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #780 on: July 06, 2016, 10:56:22 PM »

You look good mate. I do have two questions:

1) Where are you knees at? Are they really located where that rip/wrinkle adjacent to it? Seems relatively low considering that you did 6 CM.

2) Is your waist located at your belt/end of the pants? Or are the pants more pulled up?

Cheers!

1) The knees are higher than the rip. On the left leg (my right) I believe the knee is at the bottom point of that white line that goes down, just before the indent.

2) The belt is a little higher than waist level. Because I tied it tight it hiked up a bit and pushed my shirt up, where you can see it's puffed on the sides.

Not a good pic for accurate proportion comparison, although I could probably convince my friend to take a similar pic with us in our boxers.

Hypothetically if you went for femurs, would you go to Parihar again?

Most definitely.

Pure curiosity: how long is your arm?

I'll have to get back to you on that. Haven't measured arm length by itself.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #781 on: July 07, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »

wow, you look great after that procedure man. Congrats on that one. I'm currently the height you started at but im 19 years old. How do you feel about pushing to 6ft if you had the money and time? Would you do it ?

Missed this question.

If I were to do femurs, I'd stop at 176 cm. Even at that point I'd probably feel self-conscious about my arm length. Getting to six feet would require just over 7 inches of lengthening in total, and that's way too much for anyone, imo.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - Leg Training Video #1
« Reply #782 on: July 14, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »

I can't do a proper recovery video until my friend has time to go to the gym with me so he can record things like running, jumping, squats, and the like. However I was able to record doing things like the leg press, leg extensions, and both standing and seated calf raises. As far as I can tell I haven't lost any potential calf strength. The big hit from the CLL was actually in my quads. Those months of lying in bed weakened them severely and all the biking and walking I've done still hasn't brought them back to where they were. Now that I've finally gotten over the mental barrier of working out my legs again, I'll be hitting the leg workouts hard.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #783 on: July 14, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »

Crikey! How much weight did you have on there?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Alu

« Reply #784 on: July 14, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »

1) The knees are higher than the rip. On the left leg (my right) I believe the knee is at the bottom point of that white line that goes down, just before the indent.

2) The belt is a little higher than waist level. Because I tied it tight it hiked up a bit and pushed my shirt up, where you can see it's puffed on the sides.

Not a good pic for accurate proportion comparison, although I could probably convince my friend to take a similar pic with us in our boxers.

That picture would be interesting and appreciated lol.

Also thanks for the video. Glad the damage wasn't as severe and debilitating for you!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #785 on: July 15, 2016, 01:11:38 AM »

what's your inseam now?

aussieboy

« Reply #786 on: July 16, 2016, 06:28:42 PM »

Does Dr Parihar do external femurs? What's the approximate cost and is it monorails?

jaymorgan712

« Reply #787 on: July 16, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »

Parihar prefers using The Precise Nail for femurs. It's a lot safer. It's around 30,000 US dollars for The Precise. But for external femur it's around 15,000 US dollars. External Femur is slightly more riskier than external tibias.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

aussieboy

« Reply #788 on: July 16, 2016, 06:47:27 PM »

Is it on monorails? I Just need 3-4 cm. Sorry I will reply your PM tomorrow as I exceeded three a day.

aussieboy

« Reply #789 on: July 16, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »

I wanna avoid internal femurs because of embolism risk, risk of knee issues.
I prefer external monorails (if done properly with skilled doctors) but the key problems are pin-site infections (which are a chore), long fixation time(6 months to wear the fixators), correction needs to be done properly to keep angulation correct (lots of X-rays and CTs - which means radiation), scars (but these can be fixed).
I wouldn't pay so much money to do internals if it poses its own set of problems. It isn't exponentially better. I've done external tibias before, and it was pretty fine.
Having to go through two surgeries (implant and explant) is also a chore for the femurs. But I guess I would prefer to remove my external monorails under General Anaesthesia - it is less barbaric! Apparently I can bulk bill it.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #790 on: July 16, 2016, 06:51:56 PM »

In that case Dr. Parihar would be the best option to go if you are going to India. He's the most careful and risk free surgeon I've ever seen. Just look at how well Kilokahn turned out.
About the pm, no worries at all. Reply whenever you can. :)
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

aussieboy

« Reply #791 on: July 16, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »

My Moscow doctor was very good as well.. But lots of corrections needed to be done.. Was worried of deviation, but it turned out so well. I could even walk without crutches most of the time when I was on fixators and wasn't in any much pain at all. Was able to work, study and even bike. I remember Kilo had lots of pain, snapped pins, etc, which I never had at my doctor... I think they definitely have a more stable and compact frame and/or more experience. I could also walk well 1-2 months after fixator removal, and run about 2-3 months after as well as climb stairs but Kilo had a slower recovery somehow.

But definitely I would agree hes the best in India. I think price will be the deciding factor. If the price could be cheaper, I might be going to India instead of Moscow.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #792 on: July 16, 2016, 07:08:07 PM »

I wanna avoid internal femurs because of embolism risk, risk of knee issues.
I prefer external monorails (if done properly with skilled doctors) but the key problems are pin-site infections (which are a chore), long fixation time(6 months to wear the fixators), correction needs to be done properly to keep angulation correct (lots of X-rays and CTs - which means radiation), scars (but these can be fixed).
I wouldn't pay so much money to do internals if it poses its own set of problems. It isn't exponentially better. I've done external tibias before, and it was pretty fine.
Having to go through two surgeries (implant and explant) is also a chore for the femurs. But I guess I would prefer to remove my external monorails under General Anaesthesia - it is less barbaric! Apparently I can bulk bill it.

From what I understand (And correct me if I am wrong) the knee pain from internals is when you do internal tibias. Surgeons insert the nail through the hip when doing internal femurs so the knee is out of harm.

aussieboy

« Reply #793 on: July 17, 2016, 02:53:58 AM »

Yes I think you are right... Can anyone clarify? Would there be problems at the hip area?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #794 on: July 18, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »

My Moscow doctor was very good as well.. But lots of corrections needed to be done.. Was worried of deviation, but it turned out so well. I could even walk without crutches most of the time when I was on fixators and wasn't in any much pain at all. Was able to work, study and even bike. I remember Kilo had lots of pain, snapped pins, etc, which I never had at my doctor... I think they definitely have a more stable and compact frame and/or more experience. I could also walk well 1-2 months after fixator removal, and run about 2-3 months after as well as climb stairs but Kilo had a slower recovery somehow.

But definitely I would agree hes the best in India. I think price will be the deciding factor. If the price could be cheaper, I might be going to India instead of Moscow.

Well at the start of my surgery I was 220 lbs. From a lot of accounts, the bigger patients tended to have a lot more pain during distraction than others, and it was true in my case. But my pins didn't snap on their own. During my second surgery to add two additional pins in the middle of the frame he intentionally cut off the ends of the pins so they weren't in the way during the consolidation phase. My frames were the most compact they could be (only 160 mm in diameter) and still fit, but there was intentional instability by leaving out the middle pins during frame installation. If he put the two pins in the middle like he usually does it would have had optimal stability from the beginning, but that would have created a 6 cm scar down the middle of the leg, which he wanted to avoid in a cosmetic procedure. Was fine in the end though because the hexapod corrected the misalignment.

Yes I think you are right... Can anyone clarify? Would there be problems at the hip area?

I remember reading of someone having remaining hip pain after consolidation. Have to find that example though.

CCMidwest

« Reply #795 on: July 19, 2016, 03:48:38 AM »

I remember reading of someone having remaining hip pain after consolidation. Have to find that example though.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=882.0
5'7.5

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #797 on: July 19, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=882.0

Thanks for the link, that's the one.

Whoa. :-\

It's hard to take much from it though, considering the OP never responded to the question "How much did you lengthen?" My impression is that if you lengthen the full 8 cm with Precice you'll have more issues than if you were to stop under 7 cm.

CCMidwest

« Reply #798 on: July 19, 2016, 08:33:26 PM »

Well, he makes this post about pain...and then a few months later defends internals as not causing pain:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=680.msg24775#msg24775

I spent 10 hours in a car yesterday. My back hurts, my hips hurt. Does he know his pain is from LL? Is he fat? Is he lazy?

He gives so little info, it's impossible to know the truth. Concerning though, for sure.

So Kilo, are ya seriously thinking about another LL?
5'7.5

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #799 on: July 19, 2016, 10:11:53 PM »

So Kilo, are ya seriously thinking about another LL?

I'd like to lengthen my femurs for about the same amount as I did tibiae as getting to a US average of 176 cm would be nice. But I'm not really working toward it seriously. While the first lengthening was something I thought about every day for 6 years, internal femur lengthening is just something I'd do if I had that kind of money to spare.

aussieboy

« Reply #800 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »

Many a times there is no causal connection between what a patient reports many months/years after a procedure and the procedure itself. May merely be being overweight or some other health issues which popped up. Are there any other cases in the literature?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - First time squatting with plates (video)
« Reply #801 on: August 01, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »

Getting a feel for what squats are like with plates on the bar after the lengthening (I tried a couple squats before with just the bar). It's just one plate on each side but I want to transition to heavier squat weight at a slower pace. But it seems like there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do squats after recovery so long as you are dedicated to training your legs hard (and don't go crazy with lengthening amount).

CCMidwest

« Reply #802 on: August 01, 2016, 09:12:38 PM »

Good stuff Kilo.

Not really getting ass to grass in that vid though, is that by choice or is it because of LL?
5'7.5

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #803 on: August 01, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »

I believe Kilo has dorsiflexion in his ankles similar to my left leg, which is 2 inches away from a wall before the heel comes up performing the test I posted in the general discussion. This makes deep squatting especially difficult.

Even normal people are often limited in ankle mobility when it comes to squatting, so tibial LL is definitely a contraindication to deep squatting unless you get some sort of release to improve dorsiflexion, which I am currently contemplating.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #804 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:39 PM »

Good stuff Kilo.

Not really getting ass to grass in that vid though, is that by choice or is it because of LL?

Combo of nervousness about falling on my ass and squatting feeling different. The muscles just above my knees are still pretty weak. I'm hoping in about another month I'll have gained enough muscle strength to feel okay going all the way down. My stance had to change a bit from before and I think it's because of the proportion change. So there's no reason you won't be able to do squat movements after surgery, but it will probably feel different.

Edit:As Polycrates said, my dorsiflexion isn't the best, at about 2 inches on each leg with the test. I have the symptoms of CECS and I read that CECS can inhibit dorsiflexion, so if I do end up needing a fasciotomy to treat it I expect my dorsiflexion will improve and squatting will get easier after recovering from it.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #805 on: August 01, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »

I believe Kilo has dorsiflexion in his ankles similar to my left leg, which is 2 inches away from a wall before the heel comes up performing the test I posted in the general discussion. This makes deep squatting especially difficult.

Even normal people are often limited in ankle mobility when it comes to squatting, so tibial LL is definitely a contraindication to deep squatting unless you get some sort of release to improve dorsiflexion, which I am currently contemplating.

Besides he said he is just getting back.

Btw how much you were able to squat before LL?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33   Go Up