Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar  (Read 416770 times)

exmachine

• Visitor
Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar
« Reply #837 on: September 25, 2016, 06:26:53 AM »

Did Parihar evaluate you psychologically before limb lengthening? I understand that he will somehow interview you. But I mean, did he check for self-harm scars or any of that sort?  I'm quite stable but back in my teenage years I've had some self-harm scars that aren't that visible unless inspected thoroughly.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #838 on: October 09, 2016, 05:23:00 AM »

Awesome. The best diary I've read for tibias yet. Have you considered femurs in the beginning? If cost wasn't an issue, would you have done that instead?

My tibiae were pretty short even for my height so I wanted to lengthen them first anyway.

Did Parihar evaluate you psychologically before limb lengthening? I understand that he will somehow interview you. But I mean, did he check for self-harm scars or any of that sort?  I'm quite stable but back in my teenage years I've had some self-harm scars that aren't that visible unless inspected thoroughly.

No, none of that. But he does try and get a read of whether or not you know what you will be getting yourself into, as well as if youre the kind of person who has realistic expectations and can listen to instructions.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #839 on: October 27, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »

Update: 10/27/2016
Not much else new to report except that I've continued to work on conditioning my legs to see if the issue of pressure and pain building up while running goes away eventually. I really think it's CECS and not an issue of my calves being weak, but I'm sticking to the exercises my local ortho gave me so he'll clear me to test for CECS if the problem hasn't gone away by January.

Lately I've been wearing short shorts at the gym so I can force myself to work on building my quads again. I got this idea from Arnold Schwarzenegger, who would cut off the bottoms of all his training pants so that everyone could see his weakness and he'd be forced to work on strengthening his legs to match his upper body. You can see a big dark spot right above both my knees - and those aren't scars! They're indentations in the skin from my quads shrinking, and they look dark because of the hair covering them. Once your quads atrophy, they're a real b**** to grow back again. Took a couple pics to show you what I mean, and the shorts with the shirt tucked in gives a clearer picture of what my leg to torso ratio is like.

Alu

« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »

Yup... you look good mate. Besides the scars you look great. I can't even complain or find fault in proportions or anything like that, despite me being such a hard-ass with proportions. I think that's just a deep-rooted inner hatred I have of having to change my natural body in someway...

But you really do have a great physique even after lengthening man; looks like many other people I see in the gym. Congrats! Thanks for the picture reference. It does help clear up some worries I normally have!

onemorefoot

« Reply #841 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »

Your tibias look like if they were natural, not long at all.
Budget will determine my future.

Morissette

« Reply #842 on: October 27, 2016, 07:41:36 PM »

Proportionally speaking tibias look great so does your torso to leg ratio. Legs don't look skinny at all either maybe not muscular but definitely not skinny

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #843 on: October 27, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »

Looking great man! No problems whatsoever in your torso/leg length ratio. You could definitely do another surgery for 6cm on the femur. Any plans to go back to Dr. Parihar and lengthen your femurs with PRECICE?

Those are some bad ass scars and chicks dig scars so make the most of them  ;)

sashawiak

« Reply #844 on: October 27, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »

Looks good and your proprtions look natural too.  :)

onemorefoot

« Reply #845 on: October 27, 2016, 09:30:02 PM »

5 more cm on femurs would look still proportionated.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2016, 04:26:52 AM »

Kilo when you got your frames removed did you notice a big difference in your leg tightness? Once the frames were removed was it easier to stretch etc? Thanks

Also you say you are struggling to get your quads back, why do you think that is? Has your dorsiflexion improved any since frame removal?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:56:46 AM by Bigpoppapump »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #847 on: October 29, 2016, 01:56:33 AM »

Yup... you look good mate. Besides the scars you look great. I can't even complain or find fault in proportions or anything like that, despite me being such a hard-ass with proportions. I think that's just a deep-rooted inner hatred I have of having to change my natural body in someway...

But you really do have a great physique even after lengthening man; looks like many other people I see in the gym. Congrats! Thanks for the picture reference. It does help clear up some worries I normally have!

Your tibias look like if they were natural, not long at all.

Proportionally speaking tibias look great so does your torso to leg ratio. Legs don't look skinny at all either maybe not muscular but definitely not skinny

5 more cm on femurs would look still proportionated.

Looks good and your proprtions look natural too.  :)

I guess my tibia were pretty short even for my height before CLL. I'm not sure what the average length is for tibias but mine pre-op were 31.5 cm and post-op are 37.5 cm based on x-ray measurements.

I'm okay with my calves but my thighs are still a bit flabby and lacking in muscle. I guess that's to be expected though since pre-CLL I was close to 220 lbs, and even after going down to my current weight of 160 lbs I've got some extra flab to take care of.

Looking great man! No problems whatsoever in your torso/leg length ratio. You could definitely do another surgery for 6cm on the femur. Any plans to go back to Dr. Parihar and lengthen your femurs with PRECICE?

Those are some bad ass scars and chicks dig scars so make the most of them  ;)

That would be a long way off. Maybe after I pay my remaining $20,000 in student loans I can think about it. If I decide to do femurs later I'd go back with Dr Parihar, but I figure I can wait some years before a second round since I was slightly under 5'5" for about 10 years and have only been 5'7" for 2.

Girls seem to love the scars. Probably won't do any scar revision.

Kilo when you got your frames removed did you notice a big difference in your leg tightness? Once the frames were removed was it easier to stretch etc? Thanks

Also you say you are struggling to get your quads back, why do you think that is? Has your dorsiflexion improved any since frame removal?

My ankles immediately felt better and were far less stiff. I did have some slight ballerina left to take care of but even then my ankles felt less tight than when I had the frames on. Definitely easier to stretch when they're off. With the frames, my ankles and feet would swell up good if I exercised them with stretching too much.

Dorsiflexion has improved, though I'm not really a flexible person, even pre-op. I think I just need to change my routine and blast my quads harder than I've been in order to jump start muscle hypertrophy. I go to the gym after work but it's taken longer since my work requires me to sit at a desk from 10 to 6 most days.

Penguinn

« Reply #848 on: October 29, 2016, 03:29:05 AM »

I'm not sure what the average length is for tibias but mine pre-op were 31.5 cm and post-op are 37.5 cm based on x-ray measurements.

Mine were 33.6... almost an inch longer than yours at 5'2. ;D

onemorefoot

« Reply #849 on: October 29, 2016, 03:48:10 AM »

I think knee height is not accurate, is better x-ray, do you know what is t
he average knee height?

Penguinn

« Reply #850 on: October 29, 2016, 03:59:09 AM »

I think knee height is not accurate, is better x-ray, do you know what is t
he average knee height?

It's not the knee height. At Mangal Anand they determine lengths with a full body X-Ray.

Kilo, what was your femur length? Were your legs short in general or just tibia?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #851 on: October 29, 2016, 04:03:15 AM »

Mine were 33.6... almost an inch longer than yours at 5'2. ;D

Maybe mine were especially short or you just had long tibiae for your height :D

It's not the knee height. At Mangal Anand they determine lengths with a full body X-Ray.

Kilo, what was your femur length? Were your legs short in general or just tibia?

My femur length is exactly 43 cm.

Penguinn

« Reply #852 on: October 29, 2016, 04:11:22 AM »

My femur length is exactly 43 cm.

Mine were 42, so I had longer legs than you at 5'2 lol. And mine have always looked short. All this makes me think proportions are overrated.

Alu

« Reply #853 on: October 29, 2016, 06:24:10 AM »

So Kilo, all things considered, would you say you feel normal and have the ability to massively improve to a point where you were pre-LL?

Mine were 42, so I had longer legs than you at 5'2 lol. And mine have always looked short. All this makes me think proportions are overrated.

Do tell when you finish your lengthening and consolidated Penguin! I look forward to that and your journey!

Penguinn

« Reply #854 on: October 29, 2016, 06:42:54 AM »

Do tell when you finish your lengthening and consolidated Penguin! I look forward to that and your journey!
I doubt I'll post my own pics. Just imo, besides those doing bizarre amounts or multiple LLs, height gained overrules proportions by far.

Kilo hypothetically if you did femurs now, would you do 2 or 3"?

Alu

« Reply #855 on: October 29, 2016, 06:49:26 AM »

I doubt I'll post my own pics. Just imo, besides those doing bizarre amounts or multiple LLs, height gained overrules proportions by far.

Kilo hypothetically if you did femurs now, would you do 2 or 3"?

Oh no that's fine man. I'm just saying, when it's all said and one I just want to hear your opinion about it is all!

Morissette

« Reply #856 on: October 29, 2016, 07:20:51 AM »

My tibs pre op were 27cm and my femurs were 43cm at 5'6 some one wanna remain me again how important proportions are? Lol

Penguinn

« Reply #857 on: October 29, 2016, 07:36:43 AM »

27? A 10" tibia for a 5'6 person? :o
27/43 is 0.62, that's a crazy natural femur:tibia ratio.

Oh no that's fine man. I'm just saying, when it's all said and one I just want to hear your opinion about it is all!
I'm not worried at all about my body:leg ratio. Your whole body is way too big for 3" to be that noticeable, I was a bit worried about my femur to tibia ratio which will be 0.67 after LL... but reading about Morissette's pre-op proportions makes me think I was being silly.

Morissette

« Reply #858 on: October 29, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »

They were at 27.87 around that so 11" but still crazy unnatural and at no point in my life did anyone ever point out my short tibs neither did I feel out of proportion. Comes to show many on this forum take proportions too far

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #859 on: October 29, 2016, 11:19:46 AM »

My tibs pre op were 27cm and my femurs were 43cm at 5'6 some one wanna remain me again how important proportions are? Lol

And your sitting height is...?

As a fellow 5'5 i measured myself too.
166cm of height, 32cm tibias but 37cm femurs.

Morissette

« Reply #860 on: October 29, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »

Okay so tibs were 28cm femurs 43cm sitting height 91cm puts me at 163cm. I was standing at 168cm but neither of there account for your feet and the MCL which connects your tibia and femur.

To me the most important proportion is arm length because it's rare to see a male with at span shorter then his height and if it is it's not usually more then 2" in total

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #861 on: October 29, 2016, 11:36:46 AM »

Okay so tibs were 28cm femurs 43cm sitting height 91cm puts me at 163cm. I was standing at 168cm but neither of there account for your feet and the MCL which connects your tibia and femur.

To me the most important proportion is arm length because it's rare to see a male with at span shorter then his height and if it is it's not usually more then 2" in total

Well that's something i don't need to worry about since my wingspan is 5'9. But imho arm length is better measure for it since you can just have wide shoulders but still short arms.

Morissette

« Reply #862 on: October 29, 2016, 12:35:43 PM »

If you have muscular shoulders it shouldn't logically affect your arm span. For example if you straight your arm out to your side you'll see the definition build up on your shoulder your humerus still connects to your clavicle in the same spot something that would affect your arm span that could make it inaccurate jo would be clavicle length and finger length. You're lucky you're built with such long arms for your height you'd definitely be a good candidate for LL in the future in my opinion.

Morissette

« Reply #863 on: October 29, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »

Unless you mean something else about wide shoulders? Because when I started working out at 16 years old my arm span was just under 5'9 and I was 16" wide(yea I measured my shoulder width I have an obsession with measurements). By the time I was 19 my shoulder width was 21.5" and my arm span was 5'9

midnightninja

« Reply #864 on: October 29, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

You can lengthening your humorous which will give you a longer wingspan if you need too.
unlike leg lengthening an 8cm increase to wingspan is 4cm on each arm rather than 8cm on both arms :)

I would never get 8cm added to my arms but that's an option for some.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #865 on: October 29, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »

Unless you mean something else about wide shoulders? Because when I started working out at 16 years old my arm span was just under 5'9 and I was 16" wide(yea I measured my shoulder width I have an obsession with measurements). By the time I was 19 my shoulder width was 21.5" and my arm span was 5'9

I ment natural wide shoulders which come from your general body build. Some people have narrow shoulders some people really wide one naturally.

You can lengthening your humorous which will give you a longer wingspan if you need too.
unlike leg lengthening an 8cm increase to wingspan is 4cm on each arm rather than 8cm on both arms :)

I would never get 8cm added to my arms but that's an option for some.

Imho not worth it, risks of reduced/dimnished ability of using your own hands? no thank you...

Morissette

« Reply #866 on: October 29, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »

I would never do arm lengthening just because of the time and money LL is enough time lost for me, but on the other hand I could see the benefit for someone with shorter arms
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:40:58 PM by Morissette »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - Proof My Patient Experience Is Authentic
« Reply #867 on: October 31, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »

Just in case anybody has doubts, I am a real patient. I paid Dr Parihar for the surgery, Mr. Chaudhary for the physical therapy, Mr. Shringare for the wheelchair, zimmer frame, and custom splints, the pharmacy for medication, and Hotel Maharana Inn for my accommodation. At no point did I ever receive money from Dr Parihar, his team, or any orthopedic manufacturer for writing a patient experience. I was only Dr Parihar's patient and am not an affiliate of his or anyone else. Dr Parihar has no interest in starting up a line of cosmetic limb lengthening patients as it is a very small part of his work. He much prefers treating people for congenital deformities or accidents and even says that cosmetic patients are the most demanding and difficult patient subgroup. I wrote this experience as honestly as I possibly could, and did so both to provide a realistic view of what to expect if you choose to have surgery at Mangal Anand, and to give me some form of social interaction while lengthening alone in another country (that's the only selfish benefit I take out of this). I have posted below this paragraph some of the e-mail interaction between me and Dr Parihar's team as well as a letter he wrote for me, with my personal information redacted for obvious reasons.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33   Go Up