Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is external tibia ok for a 16-17 year old?  (Read 794 times)

Is external tibia ok for a 16-17 year old?
« on: May 18, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »

I went to the doctor and asked if age matters and he said as long as you’re not over 40-45. I’m currently done with my 16 and I’ve been thinking of doing external tibia. Does my age have a benefit or a disadvantage for the surgery?

wannagrowtaller

Re: Is external tibia ok for a 16-17 year old?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »

If your growth plates are still open, it's a no go.
Go for it

177cmm

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 05:35:21 PM »

Benefit for sure.

Activatedx

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 06:00:28 PM »

Probably better to wait until 18-19 you might hit a small growth spurt

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 05:44:09 AM »

Hi msrmm

I think you are too young.  Wait for a couple of years and get more info and talk to your parents for the support.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 12:10:51 PM »

Doctors have confirmed that my growth plates are closed. I am doing plenty of research and want to be wise about this. My parents are mostly on board. I’m mostly curious if my age has an effect on over all recovery and the speed of it and other good and bad consequences.

Activatedx

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »

If finances are good and your parents are on board, I’d say go for 5cm-6cm. 5cm is a lot safer, 6cm seems really hard for a lot of people but if you can get that extra .4 inch go for it, but sometimes less is more

Ghostfish

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 01:07:45 AM »

Doctors have confirmed that my growth plates are closed. I am doing plenty of research and want to be wise about this. My parents are mostly on board. I’m mostly curious if my age has an effect on over all recovery and the speed of it and other good and bad consequences.
It is good your parents are on board.  But you are still in high school, right?  You will need to stop going to school at least 6 months and I don't think that is a good idea.  I saw a girl, when I was in Paley institute.  She just finished high school and entered a very good college.  Then she delayed one year to start the college for lengthening.  I think that was a good plan.  You will meet new college friends after cll, so you don't need to explain about why you get taller, because they only see your taller height.  Your high school friends also think you just become taller a couple of years after high school graduation, which is common at this young age.  So don't rush too fast.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 04:47:11 AM »

I will be done with 10th grade this month and due to my parents job I move around the world quite often. I will be moving to Scandinavia for the rest of high school and I really want to enjoy the openly modern high schools of the west because currently I am living in the Middle East and I feel  that height will give me a boost in confidence. Im thinking of doing the surgery by the end of June here in Iran. My parents and I will have to move by early fall so I’m thinking I can leave Iran 2 months later to finish the surgery. No one will  recognize me in Scandinavia since it will be my first time living there so nobody is going to know I’ve done the surgery. Do you think that’s a good plan?

wavemaker5

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

yea that plan sounds pretty nice. perfect timing and people in scandinavia are pretty tall so i say go for it if your parents want you to enjoy life more and have the money.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 03:48:42 PM »

2 months is too short time.
Go for it

Ghostfish

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 07:41:12 AM »

I will be done with 10th grade this month and due to my parents job I move around the world quite often. I will be moving to Scandinavia for the rest of high school and I really want to enjoy the openly modern high schools of the west because currently I am living in the Middle East and I feel  that height will give me a boost in confidence. Im thinking of doing the surgery by the end of June here in Iran. My parents and I will have to move by early fall so I’m thinking I can leave Iran 2 months later to finish the surgery. No one will  recognize me in Scandinavia since it will be my first time living there so nobody is going to know I’ve done the surgery. Do you think that’s a good plan?
It is good that your parents support you and you will move to a new place after the surgery. But I am not aware of any doctor in Iran who does CLL by external or internal.  You really have to find a good doctor for CLL.  It is a very serious surgery.  Plz do more search before cll.
Good luck!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 07:00:46 PM »

The doctors name is Dr.Motalebizadeh.

Astronomy

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »

Theoretically since your Wagners line is closed the younger you go for ll, the better youll recover

Ghostfish

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 05:49:52 AM »

The doctors name is Dr.Motalebizadeh.
Sorry I really have no idea about that doctor.  You search more about him or other doctors.  Make a really good choice for you.
Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up