Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde  (Read 25146 times)

tiggy

Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde
« on: May 19, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »

Hey guys,

While I wasn't planning to start a diary before this procedure, I feel the need to do so now as my way to give back to the forum. This diary won't be as detailed as some of the great ones, like IFS's diary, but I will try to update on new developments and answer questions you have, so long as I find them appropriate.

My stats: 5'3, male, 145lb. Stryde nail size used is 11.5, which is one size larger than the smallest size of 10. I hope to achieve 3 inches. 

So, I had surgery on Monday and was discharged Wednesday. After waking up, I felt no pain and was still under anesthesia. There are leg pumps on each leg used to circulate the blood in the legs so as to prevent blood clots. An additional device is placed on each leg which bends the knee slowly throughout the day. This device isn't on all day unlike the pump, but is used for about an hour and half each time, 2 - 3 times a day. I have had no problems with sleep so far. I have been averaging about 4-6 hrs at the hospital, and that is because of nurses constantly talking by my room and waking me up for meds or to take blood. Now that I am home, I sleep 6-8 hrs every night and wake up not because of pain but to empty my bowels or because of discomfort from laying in the same position.

For what its worth, I am quite used to sleeping on my back for prolonged periods of time, though it does get quite annoying at times.

In the hospital I barely took any oxy. On day 2 after anesthesia wears off, I think I took about 2 or 3 oxys, and that wasn't because I had pain but it was because I was afraid of having some and therefore tried to keep ahead of the pain. The PT came in at 11 am and I had prepared in advance by taking 2 oxys. This is where I was to get up and take about 10 steps. As soon as I sat down on the bed with my legs on the floor, I immediately felt nauseous, to a point where my color changed. I was seconds away from vomiting but this subsided quickly when I was allowed to get back in bed. The PT came in again at 4 pm, but this time I had taken only 1 oxy, and also anti-nausea medicine through the IV. I was able to get up and take 10 steps, but as soon as I finished, I felt immediately nauseous and got back to bed. The pain was about a 3 while walking. The first thing you notice when waking up from surgery are just how heavy your legs feel, its as if you have 100lbs on each of your legs accompanied with pain and discomfort when moving them. Because of the nausea during this 2nd PT, I had not technically cleared PT in order to be discharged. I knew I had to do better the next day to be able to get a discharge, so as not to incur an additional nightly hospital stay. I know this question will come up so here is the response: my insurance did NOT cover any of the fees except for routine medication, wheel chair rental, walker and crutches. I will not list what I have paid but can say that the prices listed on this site are more or less accurate.

Thus the following day I had prepared in advance. I took 1 oxy, anti nausea medicine and also sat up on the bed in upright position throughout the day. I did some minor stretches also which the PT gave me the day before, including the heel slide, etc. This PT session was a success and I was discharged as planned. After you get dressed, they roll you down on wheelchair and then you get into the car. I had taken an oxy beforehand because I knew getting into the car would be painful, I was right. Id say the pain jumped to about a 5 during one wrong movement when getting into the car, but it quickly subsided once I positioned myself properly. Got home, got into the bed and rested the rest of that day without doing any PT because I was already exhausted from all the PT in the hospital and the struggle with getting into and out of the car. I actually had 2 PT sessions on the day of discharge, 1 was to learn to use the walker and the other was for the crutches only.

That night I had my regular of about 6 hrs of sleep and just woke up once at night because of discomfort due to sleeping on my back. But I was happy that there was no longer nurses talking near me or other noise that interrupted my sleep. Pain that day was anywhere from 0 at rest to about 2 or 3 when doing PT. I am doing PT on my own at home and just following the exercises given to me by my dr. You can find some of those in IFS's diary, if you want specifics.

I started officially lengthening yesterday, the sessions aren't painful but I found my left leg to react adversely after the day's session. I have a dull pain in that leg of about a 3 with no oxy in my system. Pain comes down to 0 after one 5mg oxy. The right leg has no pain whatsoever during rest and during PT it jumps to about 2 with oxy. The left leg during PT is at about a 4-6 without oxy.  I guess its worth it to mention that I have high pain tolerance just based on my knowledge of how my body reacts to surgeries I had in the past. I will not specify what those surgeries were, because that is irrelevant for our purposes here.

Today has been relatively painful for my left leg, mostly because I did NOT use any oxy this morning when doing PT. The reason for that is I had severe constipation. I had not taken a poop since morning of surgery, and today was day 5. I was afraid to take more pain meds because I knew that would make the constipation worse, so I sucked it up and did some exercises, though not as successfully as I would have liked. Long story short, I resolved the constipation this afternoon and immediately took 1 oxy to do PT. The pain went down to about a 2 for both legs and I was ecstatic to be free of that burden. My left leg also feels tighter when I walk sometimes. I get a tightening behind my left knee, as if a muscle is bulging out. I had a family member massage it after I got on my stomach so that helped. Frankly I am concerned about it and expect things to get worse. I will keep my eye on it as things progress. I also don't want to jinx my right leg and I expect things to worsen significantly on that front as well. Will keep you updated of major developments.

I am using strictly the walker right now, I don't feel confident to use crutches at this time. I can fully weight bear and standing on my legs is not painful at all. Pain only starts when actual steps are taken. While I can technically fully weight bare, I do not do so when taking steps and try to re-distribute some of my weight to my upper body.

Anyway this is it for now. I am due now for another PT and my last lengthening for the day. I still cant believe I actually went through with this procedure, sometimes it feels surreal. At the same time I am glad to finally put it behind me because ive been carrying the weight of this surgery with me for the last 7 or so yrs. Lets see what the future holds...

Let me know if you have any questions.

InFullStryde

Re: Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:02:42 AM »

Tiggy,

First off my friend, congratulations on a successful surgery.  I am so excited for you and I'm on your side! You are committed to living your best life and you're admired for that.  I just reviewed your entire first post and boy oh boy does it bring back memories.  I will say though Tiggy; I'm impressed on how you're already up on your walker and moving around, albeit slowly and safely; but you're on your feet and doing an outstanding job.   Do not hesitate to use the pain medication regularly for the first 2 weeks.   You will not get addicted to them and I understand however your concern for the constipation. Monitor how you react to that and hopefully you are able to use the pain medication as needed without the interference of constipation.  Additionally, for your PT, you're in a lot of pain right now I'm sure due to surgical pains, etc... just do your best and the first week or so don't over due it.  No need to rush to walking or over inflame your pain points. 

Remember this -

Hamstrings, Hamstrings, Hamstrings
Quads, Quads, Quads,
Hips, Hips, Hips, Hips...

Stretch these guys as much as 2 to 3 times a day and get a nice deep stretch.  Hold the static,  stretch for 30-40 seconds.  Also, if you have not purchased a stretch strap please do so.  You likely will need some help reaching some parts of your limbs since your flexibility is and/or will decrease.  You can find it here:

https://www.amazon.com/OPTP-Original-Exercise-Physical-Therapists/dp/B01LXWS98E/ref=asc_df_B01LXWS98E/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167134995577&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15847908816221732846&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031600&hvtargid=pla-310388154630&psc=1

Also, stand as much as you can (Even if you are not moving your legs), so that you can keep your hip flexors lengthened.  This will help you avoid the discomfort of Anterior Pelvic Tilt as you approach the 4cm + mark.   Remember that sitting down shortens the hip flexor muscles and you need those to be looooongg.

Good luck and please feel free to leverage me as a resource as you venture into this journey.

All the Best

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

tiggy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:15:07 AM »

Thanks IFS, I knew you would be the first to comment on my diary and I am very happy about that my friend! I will certainly follow your recommendations.

Actually I have a question for you and of course others who read this: I just finished lengthening for the day and I'm sitting on my bed looking at my legs. I can't help but feel and it actually appears to me that my left leg is longer than the right. Mind you, I have no pain whatsoever in my right leg while the left one has some pain after lengthening. I am concerned a little, though I know I am not sitting on the bed all that straight. I guess the best way to get a grasp is to lay flat and have a family member take a look. I don't remember from your diary but did you experience something of this sort? I am seeing dr R in about 10 days and I'm concerned that if I continue this way for another 10 days and if my right leg isn't lengthening, it may consolidate by then.

InFullStryde

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:47:24 AM »

Hi Tiggy... I'm messaging you from my phone so excuse typos.  I am almost 100% sure that this is an illusion. Mark a point on your leg that is symmetrical such as on your knee...line them up.  I would always be positioned off center on my bed and would think the same thing as you. I can remember when I first started to lengthen I was paranoid about everything.  Dr. R tests the nails and lengthens you a full millimeter while you're in the O.R...this ensures that you're nail is working and gives you separation that you need.  Also... the bone callus isn't rushing to your leg yet. You wont consolidate in 10 days from now. Monitor closely.

Also I reccomend that you buy a stadiometer to measure your height gain.  Please see Amazon for this. The one I use is called:

Seca 213 Portable Stadiometer Height-Rod

It was nice to be able to keep tabs on my actual height gain without having to visit the doc.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 04:02:25 AM »

Good, a new stryde diary from Rozbruch.

I wish you all the best.
Go for it

Ghostfish

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 05:27:45 AM »

Hi tiggy

Congrats on the successful beginning of your adventure!!  You are doing great!  Your feeling about legs discrepancy can't be true at this stage given that you just started lengthening a couple of days ago.  When you take a X-ray and meet with Dr. R, you will get to know better.  Just keep working hard and stay strong and positive!!
Best,

TheAlchemist

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 07:40:57 AM »

Congrats on a successful beginning to your journey. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community here - the insight and perspective that brave folks like yourself share with prospective LLers like myself is incredibly helpful.

Wishing you all the best. I'll be rooting for you!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Resilience

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 07:51:23 AM »

Congratulations Tiggy! How much was the surgery cost?

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »

What is your goal, Tiggy?
Go for it

tiggy

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 02:00:45 PM »

Hi Tiggy... I'm messaging you from my phone so excuse typos.  I am almost 100% sure that this is an illusion. Mark a point on your leg that is symmetrical such as on your knee...line them up.  I would always be positioned off center on my bed and would think the same thing as you. I can remember when I first started to lengthen I was paranoid about everything.  Dr. R tests the nails and lengthens you a full millimeter while you're in the O.R...this ensures that you're nail is working and gives you separation that you need.  Also... the bone callus isn't rushing to your leg yet. You wont consolidate in 10 days from now. Monitor closely.

Also I reccomend that you buy a stadiometer to measure your height gain.  Please see Amazon for this. The one I use is called:

Seca 213 Portable Stadiometer Height-Rod

It was nice to be able to keep tabs on my actual height gain without having to visit the doc.

Your post definitely set my mind at ease IFS, thanks for that. I didn't know dr R lengthens the nails 1mm in OR, thats so good to know. Its astonishing how 1 leg can feel pressure and pain after lengthening but the other has absolutely no response and feels normal. I am sure more surprises will come as I dive deeper into the process

tiggy

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 02:12:10 PM »

Thanks for your well wishes guys, I truly appreciate them and it certainly feels good to share this experience with you. I was in your same shoes before surgery and I know how desperate it feels sometimes to read a new and recent diary.

I was asked above how much surgery cost, as I said earlier I am not giving out numbers mostly because I don't know them myself yet. So far I have spent over $100k and still waiting for my anesthesia bill. As I said earlier, refer to the prices posted on this site, as they are relatively correct. The final price will vary based on whether your insurance covers all, none or some of the cost of the procedure, how long you are under the anesthesia (since the longer the surgery lasts, the higher the bill for anesthesia), meds, etc. It is meaningless to talk exact numbers. With dr R, you must plan to spend about $120K or so, in the event the insurance covers nothing. You should always plan for the worst case scenario because the last thing you need is worrying about money when you should be fully committed, both mentally and physically, to recovery.

As mentioned earlier, I would like to achieve 3 inches, but again I will only go as far as my body tolerates and so long as dr says its safe. I don't believe in setting goals for this procedure and achieving them no matter what. I think safety must always come first.

tiggy

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 02:32:46 PM »

Todays updates so far:

I went to bed late last night, it was about 2 am. I took an oxy when in bed because my left leg was in pain, about level 4. I slept without interruption and woke up by my alarm at 830 am because I had to lengthen at 9. I was definitely sleepy and could have slept at least another 2 hrs. I am lengthening 5 times a day right now so I have timed the sessions in intervals: 9am, 12, 3, 6, and 9 pm. The lengthening sessions must be completed by midnight. On Tuesday I will start lengthening 4 times a day and so will start my first lengthening for the day a little later which would give me more time to sleep, this is assuming nothing else happens that prevents this from happening.

Today is day 3 of lengthening and I did wake up with tighter legs that need more warm up than usual and I expect this to get worse. As soon as I woke up and slightly moved my left leg, the pain kicked in, right now its at about a 1. I haven't taken any pain meds yet but PT is at 12pm so I will be taking an oxy at 11am in preparation. Not sure if I said this earlier but right now I do the PT on my own but I have contacted a private therapist to come in next Saturday. He was recommended by dr R and at this time I mainly want him to watch me perform exercises and correct my posture, and maybe add couple more exercises.  I don't know if I'm pushing myself enough right now but I was planning to take it easier the first 10 days or so post-op just to give the body time to adjust to the impact of the procedure, especially since I have the luxury to do that now more than I will later as tightening significantly increases with each lengthening.

tiggy

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »

One last thing just to get this out of the way: when I was on the forum reading diaries, I couldn't help but feel and wonder whether it was a real patient diary. For this reason I am attaching the photo of my room on day of discharge. I may share X-ray photos in the future but for now this should at least make you feel more confident in this diary

tiggy

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 02:52:08 PM »

TheAlchemist

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 05:02:38 PM »

Tiggy,

Couple of questions that I'm hoping may be able to help me manage leading up to my CLL.

1) How old are you?

2) How did you balance your career with this procedure? Did you have to take a leave of absence, quit your job, etc.

3) Have you told family, friends and co workers?

4) I know you mentioned you have family with you, but have you needed to hire an aide/helper through this process or do you have all of your needs met through family support?

Thanks!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

tiggy

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 05:52:12 PM »

Tiggy,

Couple of questions that I'm hoping may be able to help me manage leading up to my CLL.

1) How old are you?

2) How did you balance your career with this procedure? Did you have to take a leave of absence, quit your job, etc.

3) Have you told family, friends and co workers?

4) I know you mentioned you have family with you, but have you needed to hire an aide/helper through this process or do you have all of your needs met through family support?

Thanks!

Hey Alchemist,

Sure thing:

1. Im 30

2. I am a student so this is summer break for me. I also quit my part time job.

3. Only the closest people to me know about this procedure. I do not care to tell anyone else because I do not owe anyone an explanation, unless my life decisions somehow impact them. If they notice the height change and make a comment, I plan to say Ive tried HGH and it worked for me. If they don't buy that explanation then its their problem, not mine.  I am pretty certain the people I know don't even know LL exists anyway, so it should be pretty easy to sell the HGH explanation.

I see many people on this forum worry about what others will think. However, I was never that type of a person. I always did what I thought needed to be done and I knew that people who truly loved me would still be supportive even if they didn't share my views. All others do not matter at the end of the day. So my advice to those struggling with this is to follow what you believe is right. If others refuse to understand or otherwise condemn your choices, you should feel lucky to know who those people truly are and distance yourself from them. Its very simple really.

4. I have all my needs met through family support. I did not hire an aide because I'm staying with my family throughout recovery, so there is always someone near me. However, you absolutely need someone to be there for you and help. I can get up, fully weight bear and move around fine but even despite that I can't imagine cooking for myself or even transporting a plate from the kitchen to my bed, which is about 30 steps. So make sure there is someone there at least in the beginning. I will update the forum as to when I think I could be fully self sufficient when that time comes.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 05:56:38 PM »

Hi.. tiggy, congratulations... your in safe hands a brilliant doctor...
I'm looking forward to your future posts ..

Panda 8)

third_world

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »

Stryde is the only acceptable choice now. older devices like precice should be outlawed. It should be a crime to use non weight bearing nails.
stryde 5cm femurs

account deactivated

tiggy

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »

Hi.. tiggy, congratulations... your in safe hands a brilliant doctor...
I'm looking forward to your future posts ..

Panda 8)

Thanks Panda

InFullStryde

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »

Your post definitely set my mind at ease IFS, thanks for that. I didn't know dr R lengthens the nails 1mm in OR, thats so good to know. Its astonishing how 1 leg can feel pressure and pain after lengthening but the other has absolutely no response and feels normal. I am sure more surprises will come as I dive deeper into the process

Exactly, right.  One thing that you will find through the entire CLL process is that the "happenings" between the left and right leg are constantly switching off.  In fact, the only constant IS change with CLL.   My left leg was so troublesome the first 2 weeks that I could barely put any weight on it; then my right leg started to harass me.   As far as lengthening...same deal.  After I would use the device, sometimes my left would fill tighter than my right and visa-versa.   Either way; everything will balance out at the end as it is now for me at about 130 days post op!  I'll check back in with you! So far so good.

Best,

IFS

Movie

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 09:12:25 PM »

congrats tiggy on starting the journey, will be keeping up, pain is temporary lets get it!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BeYourBest

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 11:03:53 PM »

Congratulations man!

I will be keeping up with your diary and wishing you the smoothest journey possible.

All the best!

Kenda

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 11:32:54 PM »

Hi Tiggy!
Wait so if rozbruch in new york cost more than a 100$k !! Then what does paley cost?!
I thought this dr was around 70$k or something why so expensive i dont get it !!
Now in the us if i want a dr thats very good under 80K$ who will it be ??

tiggy

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 11:48:29 PM »

Thanks for all your kind wishes guys, feels very nice to read words of encouragement from you. Stay tuned!

Kendra, dr Rs fees are about $75k but that does not include hospital fees and anesthesia. All of those are separate charges and if insurance denies them, you will be responsible. I can't recommend anyone below $80k in US because I am not familiar with their fees. Perhaps dr Mahboubian may be a good fit. You should research this site for more details into his fees or those of other surgeons. I did not consult with any other dr aside from dr R before my surgery so I can't comment on other drs, sorry. Good luck

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2019, 03:10:47 AM »

tiggy, can you post a video of you walking with your walker in these first days? I would love to watch it. How is your walking? You do one step and than another?
Go for it

21FRANCO

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 03:42:26 AM »

Thank again my man for all the info you are giving us as for taking out the STRYDE does it have to exactly be one year after post operation ? And what if its been more than a year ? Could it be a problem? Because I herd it also costs money to take the device out

azman

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2019, 05:24:57 AM »

Hey Tiggy,

Good to hear you're having a good post-ops with Dr. R.

I'm flying out to have a consultation with Dr. R in June.  I too are planning to do CLL with Dr. R on my femurs with Stryde, or my 2nd option is Dr. G.

Can you tell me what goes on during your Dr. R consultation, beside x-rays?

Sorry for another insurance question.

May I ask if your insurance was one of HSS accept insurance https://www.hss.edu/insurance.asp? 
I have called HSS and they confirm that they take my insurance for the x-rays for the consultation, but the stay at HSS after the surgery they will not know till Dr. R have the plan and give them the CPT/medical billing codes for pre-authorization.

Did Dr. R give you a plan and the CPT/medical billing codes for pre-authorization after your consultation?

Did Dr. Robert Rozbruch & psychologist Dr. Ellen Katz-Westrich requires past medical history from your primary doctor?

What is the cost of psychologist Dr. Ellen Katz-Westrich evaluation?

If I do it with Dr. R, I'll be by myself.  Did Dr. R refer any hire help or can I do it alone?

Thank you for the your dairy!!!

tiggy

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:32 AM »

tiggy, can you post a video of you walking with your walker in these first days? I would love to watch it. How is your walking? You do one step and than another?

I'll see what I can do about a video. And yes you do take one step at a time though yesterday I noticed I could take those steps in succession very quickly, almost like you do when you are walking normally. But because I am sort of afraid to put my full weight in my legs, I try to take one step at a time more slowly so that I can support my weight better with my upper body.

tiggy

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 10:50:27 AM »

Thank again my man for all the info you are giving us as for taking out the STRYDE does it have to exactly be one year after post operation ? And what if its been more than a year ? Could it be a problem? Because I herd it also costs money to take the device out

Hey man,
No you don't have to take out the nail in exactly 1 yr though that is what the usual recommended time frame is. Dr R charges $10k for nail removal but that does NOT include hospital fees and anesthesia. I imagine anesthesia would cost about $1k or so and the hospital another $10k give or take. I imagine the total cost would be about $20k but that's only my estimate. You will only know for sure once you book surgery and the hospital calls you with their price (assuming insurance denies nail removal claim and you pay out of pocket)

tiggy

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 11:05:50 AM »

Hey Tiggy,

Good to hear you're having a good post-ops with Dr. R.

I'm flying out to have a consultation with Dr. R in June.  I too are planning to do CLL with Dr. R on my femurs with Stryde, or my 2nd option is Dr. G.

Can you tell me what goes on during your Dr. R consultation, beside x-rays?

Sorry for another insurance question.

May I ask if your insurance was one of HSS accept insurance https://www.hss.edu/insurance.asp? 
I have called HSS and they confirm that they take my insurance for the x-rays for the consultation, but the stay at HSS after the surgery they will not know till Dr. R have the plan and give them the CPT/medical billing codes for pre-authorization.

Did Dr. R give you a plan and the CPT/medical billing codes for pre-authorization after your consultation?

Did Dr. Robert Rozbruch & psychologist Dr. Ellen Katz-Westrich requires past medical history from your primary doctor?

What is the cost of psychologist Dr. Ellen Katz-Westrich evaluation?

If I do it with Dr. R, I'll be by myself.  Did Dr. R refer any hire help or can I do it alone?

Thank you for the your dairy!!!

Hey Azman,

During your consultation you take an X-ray and then wait to see dr R to discuss the surgery. It's very basic but takes a long period of time. You should plan to be there at least 3 hrs.

Yes he did give me CPT billing codes and my insurance was on the list of accepted HSS insurances. Problem is that if your insurance classifies this procedure as cosmetic and not medically necessary, you will be responsible for the full cost out of pocket and it doesn't matter at that point whether HSS accepts your insurance. 

Dr westrich doesn't ask about your past medical history. She will only discuss your reasons for surgery and also to see whether you have realistic outcomes of this procedure. Her fee is $800. She will give you a receipt and you can try to submit it to your insurance for reimbursement. I have submitted the receipt to my insurance company but it's been over a month now and I haven't heard back from them. I'll probably need to call them sometime this week or next to see if I will get reimbursed at least something. Dr R does ask for your past medical history in general but you don't need to submit any proofs from your primary care, if that's what you are asking.

No dr R did not refer any hire help for me. As I said earlier, my family was with me throughout this entire process and will continue to be there. You must have someone with you to take you home after surgery. I don't think hiring an uber to take you back to your hotel/house is enough. You actually likely need a reliable service provider who could take you home and make sure you are settled in. You can ask him for recommendations and I'm sure he will give you a name of someone who can be of use to you after discharge.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 03:15:05 AM »

Can you walk unaided indoors? When do you think you will change the walker for crutches?
Go for it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up