Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde  (Read 25147 times)

tiggy

Re: Rozbruch- Internal Femurs with Stryde
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »

Good to know tiggy! So are you able to sit in class for hours?

And yes please show the xrays. It's strange how different stryde patients have different experiences. Movie climbs stairs unaided. Lalbadshah continued to go to work during lengthening. One other guy I forget also went to work as he walked while lengthening.

But it's always better to be safe! You do this only once (or twice)

Yes sitting in class isn't as bad as I thought it would be. After taking a month break from lengthening and then resuming, the body adjusts quite well to more lengthening. However toward the end the right leg was painful for about a few hrs post lengthening. When I say painful I mean like a 1-2 level pain. This would be annoying while driving and in class I would just lift my right leg on a chair next to me and the pain would ease up. I would just do that continuously until the discomfort was gone completely. So it wasn't a big deal and now that I'm done lengthening things should continue getting better daily. I don't have class until next wed so things should be much better by then.

In terms of climbing stairs, I am 5 months post op and I can't imagine doing so without holding on to the rails for my dear life. Yes I did take longer to lengthen than usual but I don't imagine finishing lengthening a month or so earlier would've made much of a difference in that regard. Also my bone regeneration is slow so that always plays a part. I imagine if my body was quick to heal the bone perhaps I could go up and down without any assistance. There are people who have bone regenerating very quickly and so for them this would be less of an issue.

Either way you wouldn't know in which group you belong and for this reason, while reading other people's progress may appear useful, at the end of the day it is really pointless. It doesn't matter how well or bad others do, its your ultimate progress that matters. And your progress to a large extent depends on factors  out of your control. I understand the temptation to gather everyone's stats and timeframes of doing certain activities, I've done this myself. But my advice is to steer clear of that. Not only is it harmful in a sense that you may build up useless timeframes in your head, but it is also harmful because if you later find yourself lagging behind, it may start messing with your head and getting you frustrated and depressed.

My advice to you and others who haven't done this surgery is to use this site and gather info on pain management. That is the most important aspect because you will find very useful info for you down the line. And the 2nd way to utilize the site is to learn about daily activity management and what you can buy ahead of time to make the process easier on you, so things like a laptop stand for the bed or a stick you can use to pick things up with, etc. Everything else in my opinion should be disregarded (assuming you are well informed about the dr you end up choosing). I realize you didn't really ask for my advice lol but I still think wise minds would benefit. Take care.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2019, 12:39:09 AM »

Hi Cena,
Yes life is back in motion at full force and it doesn't ask whether you have 2 limbs broken lol. Anyway a quick update, I have reached 7.5cm as of a day or so ago. I was due for a follow up with dr R this week but I have decided to postpone my visit. Given that I have been lengthening all of last month I don't see the point in having X-rays taken at this time because they are unlikely to show much bone growth (if at all) since I was lengthening. I think it's best to see him in about 4 or 5 weeks to get a better idea of where things stand. Keep in mind that I pay him now during every visit. 

If you just finished lengthening i really advice you to get that last xray to make sure both limbs lengthened the same and are even. Waiting 4-5 weeks only to find out you didnt lengthen the same would be bad. Stryde may be one of the best things right now but even the best things can mess up.

Just my opinion

165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

cena

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2019, 04:48:16 AM »

Thanks for the advice tigyg. Much appreciated!

tiggy

« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2019, 04:59:57 PM »

If you just finished lengthening i really advice you to get that last xray to make sure both limbs lengthened the same and are even. Waiting 4-5 weeks only to find out you didnt lengthen the same would be bad. Stryde may be one of the best things right now but even the best things can mess up.

Just my opinion

Good point. I've considered this. Even if there is a length discrepancy (and some discrepancy is fine I don't care if one leg is .5 mm longer or shorter because functionally this makes no difference) my right leg is healing quite slow so I can always adjust it up or down to be equal to the left leg. In 4 or 5 weeks I doubt my bones are going to consolidate quickly enough for this to be an issue  and this is the reason why I'm even doing this to begin with. But thanks for sharing your thoughts! I only wish fast consolidation was the problem for me lol

tiggy

« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2019, 05:00:34 PM »

Thanks for the advice tigyg. Much appreciated!

My pleasure Cena, good luck!

Hamza

« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2019, 08:45:01 AM »

Good point. I've considered this. Even if there is a length discrepancy (and some discrepancy is fine I don't care if one leg is .5 mm longer or shorter because functionally this makes no difference) my right leg is healing quite slow so I can always adjust it up or down to be equal to the left leg. In 4 or 5 weeks I doubt my bones are going to consolidate quickly enough for this to be an issue  and this is the reason why I'm even doing this to begin with. But thanks for sharing your thoughts! I only wish fast consolidation was the problem for me lol

From my experience dont leave any difference !! its ok to leave 1 or 2 mm but thats the max.

tiggy

« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »

From my experience dont leave any difference !! its ok to leave 1 or 2 mm but thats the max.

Thanks for the tip Hamza.  I'll be seeing him in about 10 days so will find out what's going on soon.

cena

« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »

Most normal people have some discrepancy. It's not a big deal. I think Hamza had some other  condition also which made the discrepancy a significant problem (?)

Hamza

« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2019, 03:48:11 AM »

Most normal people have some discrepancy. It's not a big deal. I think Hamza had some other  condition also which made the discrepancy a significant problem (?)

Yes U r right. I have a very mild "charcot marie tooth" so thats why i am that much sensitive with discrepancy.

In General any discrepancy less than 3 mm is normal (I think I still have like 2-3 mm and i am fine) and no one can feel it specially if the person is not an athletic. Once u r an active person and care for run, gym squat... anything more than 3 mm could raise the flag of discomfort and start using insole for some people.

tiggy

« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2019, 03:45:29 PM »

Hey all,

I had a follow up with R this week. The X-rays are looking better even despite the fact that I've been lengthening since the last X-ray to reach 7.5cm. The left leg is doing good while the right still lags behind. R was satisfied with the progress and I asked whether It would be ok for me to go all the way to 8cm. He did say while the recovery will take slightly longer I can go ahead and finish off. So here I am, lengthening to 8cm and I will reach that goal by Friday of this coming week. I am due to see him in about 6 weeks for a follow up. Once I reach the 8cm on both legs I will do accordion maneuver for about 2 weeks only on my right leg just to stimulate some growth.

If you recall I had concerns that my legs may not be equal. By his measurements everything is fine and the reason why I feel that my right is shorter than the left is because my right leg is slightly more tight. R said 1 or 2 mm discrepancy is normal but calculating down to that precise measurement is very difficult. Either way that was good news and I expect that feeling to go away once I recover some more.

In other news, it feels very good to be 3 inches taller! I was out for my cousins bday about a week ago and I actually wore my 2 inch dress lift shoes and I was standing at 5'8. That was fantastic and I only wish it was possible to attain 5'8 with one surgery. I really would be very happy with that final height without shoes but again wearing lifts really highlights the height difference. I wore the same lifts before at 5'3 and while I was taller, I still felt significantly shorter than most people that I was surrounded by. However now it felt incredible because while not tall, I find  5'8 to be a good height for a male.

I also happened to hang out with some family friends whom I haven't seen since before surgery. The first thing they said was that I look taller lol. I said nothing about it. They did ask why I was walking funny and I said I twisted my ankle the night prior. However the talk of town seems to be that I've had surgery to gain height. I won't go into detail how I know this but the friends I've met do suspect that I've had the surgery done (even though they know nothing about the surgery itself). I just thought I can pull off the height increase but turns out NOPE. The increase may not be astounding to those who see you on almost daily basis but others who don't (and evidently are really aware of heights in general) will most likely tell you have grown taller. These friends that I speak of are both taller than me and both are 5'8. So obviously before surgery the difference between us was huge. Now I was only couple inches shy from their heights and with lifts I'd be just as tall. Long story short my plan of not disclosing anything has failed even though I directly did not disclose anything lol. I just wish I had known ahead of time that they would be so aware of the height increase that way I wouldn't lie about twisting my ankle. Now it just seems like I'm trying to mislead and hide  the surgery. I do not want this to be their impression since I have no issues disclosing the surgery itself. I simply wanted to keep my business private because I owe no explanation to anyone. But anyway if they ask me about it next time I would have no choice but to tell them the truth. For those reading, you have been warned lol.

Anyway this was a long update but it was long overdue. My next one won't be until late December or early January. In the meantime I'm happy to answer questions. Cheers!

cena

« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »

I love reading your updates tiggy. Great work reaching 7.5cm!

As for friends noticing one way  is to wear paper flat shoes and get them used to 5'6 and then slowly wear whatever you want. It would be more gradual. Anyway this doesn't really matter because you don't mind telling people you did this. But again I would advise against telling people. There is no reason for people to know. It's always safer to not tell anyone as much as possible. You can't untell people later.  ;)

If you can, please show us your gait.

tiggy

« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2019, 06:26:48 PM »

I love reading your updates tiggy. Great work reaching 7.5cm!

As for friends noticing one way  is to wear paper flat shoes and get them used to 5'6 and then slowly wear whatever you want. It would be more gradual. Anyway this doesn't really matter because you don't mind telling people you did this. But again I would advise against telling people. There is no reason for people to know. It's always safer to not tell anyone as much as possible. You can't untell people later.  ;)

If you can, please show us your gait.

Hi Cena,

Thanks! I share your sentiment of not telling anything to anyone. I am an extremely private person so telling people anything in general isn't my forte, especially when it comes to something as private as having surgery. I should've been more clear, when I met the family friends I was actually standing at 5'6 since this was at the comfort of my own home. I was wearing very thin slippers for gods sakes! For this reason I thought the height wouldn't be too noticeable. I even tried slouching a little so as not to draw too much attention to my height. Had I been outdoors I would've blamed the height on shoes, but given I wasn't wearing any this wasn't a possibility. Anyway it is what it is.

As to a gait  video, I will try to post one after I finish lengthening. As I said I restarted lengthening to reach 8cm and so I notice a worsening of my gait already. I don't want to post my current gait now because it is not representative of what it was just 5 days ago before I restarted lengthening. Once I'm done for good I should bounce back to somewhat decent gait  within about a week of not lengthening. So I think posting that video would be more telling. In fact my gait prior to resuming was very similar to IFS's first post of his gait. You can check out his diary and the first video he posts of his walk, not much difference here.

TouchingTheSky

• Visitor
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »

Hey Tiggy,

Congrats on a successful lengthening.  I just have one question.  Are your femurs noticeably longer than your tibia; in other words, is the proportional difference from before the surgery obvious to people?

Thanks,
TTS

Ghostfish

« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2019, 12:52:03 AM »

Hi Tiggy

Excellent!!   I was out of forum for a while and found you have gone really far already!!  Congrats on your successful gaining!  Wow even you are going to all the way 8 cm!!.  Absolutely fabulous!  I also have a little of regret in my mind that I didn't push it to all the way, but actually couldn't because I have family and job to take care of.  I am very happy for you.  Yeah, 5'6" is a really decent height and with a good lift, you will feel completely average!!
Regarding privacy, yeah, I also agree with you and cena that it is always better to keep it secret.  I even decided not to see some people to avoid any disclosure about this surgery. 
Again, congrats!!
Take care!

tiggy

« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2019, 03:12:37 AM »

Hey Tiggy,

Congrats on a successful lengthening.  I just have one question.  Are your femurs noticeably longer than your tibia; in other words, is the proportional difference from before the surgery obvious to people?

Thanks,
TTS

Hi there,

Thanks. Well I've added 3 inches to my femurs so yes they are longer than the tibias, but how noticeable it is to other people I can't tell you since I am not one of them. When you are around other people you are usually dressed fully lol so i doubt anyone would even notice anything out of the ordinary unless they are a member of this site lol. When you are nked before another person then she or he may ask a question about it, but even this I find unlikely because there are so many people with all kinds of proportions out in the world that raising issues with your proportions would hardly be at the forefront of their mind. I haven't been nked in front of another person yet so I can't tell you whether I got any feedback about this. Either way how my proportions are perceived to another person is seriously the last thing in this world that I care about lol. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

tiggy

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2019, 03:21:37 AM »

Hi Tiggy

Excellent!!   I was out of forum for a while and found you have gone really far already!!  Congrats on your successful gaining!  Wow even you are going to all the way 8 cm!!.  Absolutely fabulous!  I also have a little of regret in my mind that I didn't push it to all the way, but actually couldn't because I have family and job to take care of.  I am very happy for you.  Yeah, 5'6" is a really decent height and with a good lift, you will feel completely average!!
Regarding privacy, yeah, I also agree with you and cena that it is always better to keep it secret.  I even decided not to see some people to avoid any disclosure about this surgery. 
Again, congrats!!

Hey Ghostfish,

Thanks man I really appreciate you popping by and sending good wishes my way. I am also greatful for your support throughout this journey and I hope you know that it meant a lot.  How far did you go with lengthening and what's your height now? Try not to regret anything. You did what you did for a reason and you had a very good reason at that. We tend to forget these feelings as time goes on. But I can't blame you because I also knew that if I stop early (R was telling me to call it quits at 6.5cm) I will regret it for years to come. I'm the type of person that if I feel I made a mistake in anything I tend to beat myself up over these mistakes. For this reason I try to avoid putting myself in that position given the plethora of other things in life that I have yet to regret lol

Ghostfish

« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2019, 01:13:12 AM »

Hi tiggy
Thanks for your kind words!  I could have pushed 1-2 cm more but didn't have more time at that moment.  My wife was burned out by herself LOL.  I am also sort of a perfectionist so I generally push hard to reach high, although the real outcomes may be not that high lol.  Anyway, I did what I could do at that moment.  Now I am accepting it pretty much.  You will reach the max so there will be no regret for you!  That is really awesome!  Hope your recovery goes well!

tiggy

« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2019, 04:04:42 AM »

Hi tiggy
Thanks for your kind words!  I could have pushed 1-2 cm more but didn't have more time at that moment.  My wife was burned out by herself LOL.  I am also sort of a perfectionist so I generally push hard to reach high, although the real outcomes may be not that high lol.  Anyway, I did what I could do at that moment.  Now I am accepting it pretty much.  You will reach the max so there will be no regret for you!  That is really awesome!  Hope your recovery goes well!

Thanks Ghostfish. I honestly expected to be in a far better position than I find myself in currently but I also didn't expect to lengthen for 4-5 months so I guess it's fair. I hope once I'm officially done in few days things can move more quickly. Its crazy when I look back and realize just how long this process took for me. But oh well, it's a nice lesson on timelines for others to be aware of.

Movie

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2019, 08:15:32 AM »

yooo tiggy I was wondering about length discrepancy too I feel like my right leg is shorter and it kind of reflects on my gait, but I will check tomorrow with Mahboubian and see if they're even but then again it could be that one leg is tighter but that's true and even I know it. Also as far as the people noticing that you got taller I'm in the same boat!! haha a lot of people I would see say I got taller and get a little suspicious maybe not of me getting surgery to increase height, because I did disclose to a lot of people that I was going to get surgery for hernias that I have in my growin area, which kind of worked in my favor as well because It's also a pretty believable excuse as to my funny gait to everybody. I won't disclose the CLL procedure ever to anyone except the people I have already haha, hope you reach the 8cm without major issues if at all
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

tiggy

« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2019, 03:22:47 PM »

Hey movie,

It's likely that the feeling of unequal legs is caused by tightness. I actually need to work on stretching my right leg to loosen it up but given the workload in school at the moment it's hard to find time. But classes are done in 4 weeks so during my winter break I will spend a good deal of time stretching my legs. Frankly I haven't stretched them for the past 2 months and I'm even surprised myself that I am able to continue lengthening. However R did tell me I had above average flexibility pre op so that's probably the reason why I'm getting away with not stretching. But anyway you should consider spending more time on the right leg to loosen it up. Eventually the gait should take care of itself. Definitely send me a post here after your visit with dr M

As to disclosing ll, it's very difficult keeping silent without somehow offending others. I was discussing this with my mom and made it clear that I expect for her to keep quiet about it to others who ask. I have no doubt that she will but in her words "people aren't stupid and they can tell a grown man out of puberty doesn't just get taller out of nowhere" lol. While this is certainly true I hate having to give others explanations. I personally wouldn't probe someone who didn't want to discuss such personal aspects of their lives. At the same time, if people see you got taller they will be curious how that happened even if they don't think you got surgery done. Based on that I expect they would ask what actually happened and this is when I'm at a loss for what to say so as not to offend their intelligence and tell lies that are clearly untrue from their perspective. I just need to sit on it and think of how to approach this I guess. It sucks that after going through ll, some of us also have to come up with ways to keep something very private actually private

loushmoo

• Visitor
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2019, 02:36:43 AM »

hey tiggy,

i'm ny-based and considering dr. r. hoping to keep it to around $100k, have you exceeded that since you began your treatment w/ him? thanks for any insight you have into that, as cost is the primary limiting factor atm

tiggy

« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2019, 02:44:44 AM »

hey tiggy,

i'm ny-based and considering dr. r. hoping to keep it to around $100k, have you exceeded that since you began your treatment w/ him? thanks for any insight you have into that, as cost is the primary limiting factor atm

Hey,

If your insurance covers nothing at all, expect to pay between 110-120k.

tiggy

« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2019, 02:12:35 PM »

A fellow member of this forum sent me some questions, some of which I wasn't asked before. I was given the permission to post the questions here so that other members can benefit as well.

The questions:
Hi tiggy congratulations on gaining your desired height. I was wondering how your experience was with dr rozbruch, Also in your psych evaluation what do you think makes a person the right candidate for the surgery and get approved by your psych advisor. Also i wanted to know if there is any way you could describe the pain and discomfort during the course of your lengthening period. I am also considering dr rozbruch as my number 1 option for this surgery

My reply:
Overall my experience was good. If you are local to him and cost isn't an issue then I would certainly recommend him. He knows what he is doing, has expertise and follows a concervatice approach to lengthening (while this is not a bad trait to have given the horrible outcomes some have had with other negligent surgeons, my frustrations with this can be found in my diary). If either of the above are not checked off then I would suggest going with someone cheaper and just as safe. Even Paley is cheaper so that's something to think about. The cost of living in NY is very high unless you are willing to fly back and forth after the first month or so post op.

The psych evaluation, LOL- I'll be honest and say that in my opinion the psych evaluation is total bull . I think it's just a way for R to direct patients to his buddies so that they can earn extra cash on the vulnerability of his patients. The entire evaluation felt absolutely asinine to me. You are asked questions about why you want the surgery and then she asks you to look at images and then talk about what you are seeing. Then you are asked to draw images that you associate with some words she tells you. At the end of the "evaluation" she told me I'll receive her "assessment" of our meeting within a week, even though she did tell me I was good to go (yes this wasn't a newsflash to me). I have yet to receive her assessment lol. I just think if you are going to charge someone so much cash for 1 hr (I can't recall her fee exactly but I think it may have been like $500), the least you can do after putting the patient through all those exercises is at least some assessment of what your performance may have meant based on some psychological standard. But surely enough there was no reply from her after that meeting. Oh and even if you have insurance, she doesn't accept any insurance from dr R patients (do you think this surprised me? Lol). All of these lead me to believe this is just a ploy to drain us of cash. So unless you are a total mental case, you will "pass" with flying colors. Don't worry about that. Just have the cash.

If you read my diary, my pain level since the beginning hovered around 1 to 3 max. It only started getting worse after numbness and nerve pain started to kick in along with the burning sensation. This made it difficult to sleep at night because my shins felt like they were on fire. This was about a 5 level pain and about an 8 level discomfort. Keep in mind I have high pain tolerance also.

The overall pain with this surgery is difficult to describe. You got pins under your skin so for the first month or so it will be tough to sleep on your side. The pain is the regular type and nothing unique to this surgery. Think of getting hit by a bat (lightly lol) on the upper side part of your femur while you are under anesthesia and then waking up, suddenly feeling the pain and then having to try and sleep on that side at night. Obviously it's going to be painful and uncomfortable. In hindsight it's difficult to describe sensations of pain once the feelings pass because we tend to block those out as we recover. It's difficult for me to recall the pain now, except for the nerve pain and burning sensations perhaps because those are what really left their mark on my memory because of the higher pain. I don't even remember if I described the pain in my diary in detail as I was going through it but feel free to read it from the beginning. 

At least for me ll was about 70-80% easier than I expected. Keep in mind I really prepared for the worst. I literally woke up from surgery and the first thing I did was to look down just to make sure I still had my legs. In fact up until I closed my eyes on the operating table I couldn't believe I was about to get my legs broken. I had an internal struggle with myself the entire time because I knew how bad things can be just from reading other people's diaries. Luckily all of worst case scenarios were avoided (except for the nerve pain, for which I wasn't mentally prepared because I just thought "this probably wouldn't happen to me so I'm good to go" and also because that sensation is very new for most people and you just don't know how it could feel) and if not for that, I would say this surgery for me was at worst a 3 on the pain scale. I also happened to have the nerve pain earlier and it seems more intense than so many other people who got femurs done. I guess it can't be all too easy! Hope this helps.

tiggy

« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »

Hey all,

So it's been 2 months since my last update and about 8 months since surgery. I had a follow up with dr R today. I was told bone growth is coming in well. We estimate that in a few months (close to 1yr mark from initial surgery) things should be close to consolidated fully. I think this estimate is too optimistic on his part and I estimate a full consolidation closer to June or July. However I will be seeing him again in 4 months at which point I will update the forum accordingly.

My walk is improving slowly. I haven't been diligent with stretching and I still wobble toward my right side when walking. Dr R told me this will improve slowly as I heal more and said I should be doing PT exercises for Hip flexors and quads to help improve my walking.

I still hang on to rails when I go up and down larger steps. The goal now is to find 10-15 min a day to do stretches to get myself back to normal. This shouldn't be a big issue most of the week when I am not in class but at home. Other than this there is not much new to report. The recovery from this surgery is a slow process and involves lots of patience and diligence to do PT in order to get back to normal faster.

I can tell you  that these 8cms are truly life changing and have had such a big impact on my confidence level. As I've mentioned elsewhere in my diary, I have had a few friends notice and comment on my height increase. Since then I've spent the new yr with family and close family friends but No one had commented about the height. However I could tell when looking at them  that most of them knew something was different but they couldn't quite figure out what had changed.

I intend to update this diary after every follow up with dr R (absent any other new and significant developments) but given that these will be much more rare going forward, so will the updates. I thank you all for reading, encouraging and advising me along the way. This forum is truly a treasure if used correctly and I'm glad to have had the wisdom of veterans who had advised and educated me in this journey. As always please feel free to send questions/comments my way, if there are any.  Be well and happy new year to everyone!

TheAlchemist

« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2020, 11:25:36 PM »

Congrats Tiggy! I remember reading your diary before I had my operation - your journey was an inspiring one - thanks for sharing it with us. So happy to see you enjoying this new height. I hear you about patience, at times progress can feel so slow but then I stop and think about how far we've come and it amazes me. Consistency and discipline with stretching and strengthening and a whole lot of patience is the name of the game for us these days, cheers!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

tiggy

« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2020, 01:43:45 AM »

Congrats Tiggy! I remember reading your diary before I had my operation - your journey was an inspiring one - thanks for sharing it with us. So happy to see you enjoying this new height. I hear you about patience, at times progress can feel so slow but then I stop and think about how far we've come and it amazes me. Consistency and discipline with stretching and strengthening and a whole lot of patience is the name of the game for us these days, cheers!

Thanks brother, I'm glad you found this diary useful. Congratulations to you as well for your achievement. You are standing at 6ft, the dream of probably all men in the world! Most importantly you are at peace with yourself and that in itself is priceless. Cheers man

InFullStryde

« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2020, 01:45:25 AM »

Tiggy! This is great news.  You're on the final stretch run and you achieved your goal.  Coming weeks will be the time you need to fully heal and regain your natural walking gait.  Congratulations! Your courage paid off big time.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

tiggy

« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2020, 02:48:31 AM »

Tiggy! This is great news.  You're on the final stretch run and you achieved your goal.  Coming weeks will be the time you need to fully heal and regain your natural walking gait.  Congratulations! Your courage paid off big time.

Thank you IFS, you have been such a great mentor to me. It's funny that I have never met you or theAlchemist but this forum and all your comments and support along the way almost make me feel like we've been life long friends. I think this is because this surgery is so unique and there aren't too many of us out there that when we find each other it becomes somewhat of a private club lol. But anyway I appreciate all your support. Now I just need to find time to put into recovery. I have been pondering hitting the gym soon so perhaps that will be my next major step since surgery. Have you considered getting tibias done or are you totally content with your gains?

Movie

« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2020, 10:13:05 AM »

Tiggy congrats bro! happy to hear from you again and I hear you about our "little CLL forum club brotherhood" I've never seen any of you guys' faces or in real life but I swear I have genuine love for you guys haha and always rooting for you guys to get better and recover back to normal or as close to pre LL as possible. I think gym would be very beneficial to ya, or at least squats at home, I know they're doing great for me I can feel my strength coming back with the squats and stretches at 5 months and a week post op. hope you and your loves ones are good bro, cheers.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

tiggy

« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »

Tiggy congrats bro! happy to hear from you again and I hear you about our "little CLL forum club brotherhood" I've never seen any of you guys' faces or in real life but I swear I have genuine love for you guys haha and always rooting for you guys to get better and recover back to normal or as close to pre LL as possible. I think gym would be very beneficial to ya, or at least squats at home, I know they're doing great for me I can feel my strength coming back with the squats and stretches at 5 months and a week post op. hope you and your loves ones are good bro, cheers.

Hey Movie, thanks for your comments and all your support as well. You described my feelings exactly! Squats are a good idea and I'll start doing those too.

In all seriousness, if any of you guys are NY locals and would like to grab a drink sometime don't hesitate to pm me and we can arrange something right away. If you aren't local, then please know that you have a friend in NY and if ever you are here I will be glad to meet and if necessary extend a hand. Be well guys

InFullStryde

« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »

Thank you IFS, you have been such a great mentor to me. It's funny that I have never met you or theAlchemist but this forum and all your comments and support along the way almost make me feel like we've been life long friends. I think this is because this surgery is so unique and there aren't too many of us out there that when we find each other it becomes somewhat of a private club lol. But anyway I appreciate all your support. Now I just need to find time to put into recovery. I have been pondering hitting the gym soon so perhaps that will be my next major step since surgery. Have you considered getting tibias done or are you totally content with your gains?

Hi Tiggy!

I feel the same as you.   Now as far as going one more round with tibs....well as much as I'd love those last extra 2 inches; I am content.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up