Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External tibia ilizarov period  (Read 726 times)

External tibia ilizarov period
« on: May 28, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »

How long will external tibia 6.5cm with ilizarov method take? Some say 6 months and others say8 .how much time until full recovery and normal walking?

cheekycabs

Re: External tibia ilizarov period
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »

I am now in month 8 after 5.5cm. Anyone who says 6 months is lying. I've used every kind of method to speed up recovery, drugs, vitamins, electric bone stimulators. I am walking every day upwards of 1km and still I'm not walking normally, let alone stairs and ramps.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Great321

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:00:19 PM »

I'm 7 months in. 4,7cm. 1-2 months more until frames come off. I hope not much more. :/

Pretty sure, recovery with LON will be a lot faster.

Ghostfish

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 01:28:11 AM »

You probably need to expect 10-12 month only until the frames come off, if you extend 6.5 cm.  After that, you also need some time to recover to walk better, not normal walking.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 08:34:07 AM »

Wow that’s a long time. I was planning to do the surgery in less than a month from now right after exams and leave my current country and continue school in another place around early winter. So do you think that’s not possible considering the time and the lengthening?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 08:36:40 AM »

Was there a reason it took this long? How much did you lengthen per day?

Ghostfish

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 09:15:35 AM »

You need to expect to take off a year before you go back to school.  Even after one year off, you don't expect to live a normal life.  You may just walk fine but can't expect anything serious, like sport, dance, etc.  Please read at least a couple of diaries of patients who did external tibia with only ilizarov.  By the way, ilizarov needs the longest time before you go back to work or to study.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 09:31:21 AM »

So do you think I can attend school 6 months after surgery in another country and just not participate In physical activities such as sports? I’m concerned about normal walking

montahn

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »

How long will external tibia 6.5cm with ilizarov method take? Some say 6 months and others say8 .how much time until full recovery and normal walking?

lengthening process of 1mm per day for at least 75-100day(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) . you can drive car after 7 - 10 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). for normal walk you need at least 10 to 12 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). All for external lengthening

so total 12 month to 18 month(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) with lengthening.

Hope its help.
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 01:05:19 AM »

I am not an expert for external method and didn't do it.  But I can tell you that 6 months is absolutely NOT enough, if you do illizarov method which takes the longest amount of time to get back to life, although it is the cheapest. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up