Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: examples of most skin in the game of leg length surgery  (Read 763 times)

las vegas baby

examples of most skin in the game of leg length surgery
« on: April 26, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »

post real life examples of people who are closely related to the leg length surgery (surgeons, medical staff, staff of medical equipment companies, other ortho surgeons, general physicians, etc) - basically people who have the ability to sift through research material on this surgery and understand what it entails in terms of risks and still go ahead with it

I will start with one:

this is a cardio surgeon who did quad lengthening with paley and gain 4.5 inches and went back to doing high intensity sports. I have met him personally but would rather not reveal his real name.

he first did quad lengthening and recovered then he went back to get remaining length from his nails. this is skin in the game.

Doingitforme is a patient on this forum who also did this procedure with paley. He is a multimillionaire with super cars and is a smart dude. He wouldve careful thought this through. But I think he took the decision emotionally because he had some trauma and emotional pain. I know him irl but I will not reveal any personal details of him.

anyone else?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:13:27 PM by las vegas baby »

Siegfried

Re: examples of most skin in the game of leg length surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 01:20:28 PM »

what do you mean by skin? any idea what the cardio surgeons former height and wingspan stats are  by any chance?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Ahd1978

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 02:11:26 PM »

Any chance you could ask him what has he seen as in long term effects of his breathing and all

Paley did show me his example as most other patients were younger and I being 43 I felt comfortable knowing surgeon did it. Apparently his wife works with dr. Paley can’t remember

His stats would be awesome to know now

RealLostSoul

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 02:43:39 PM »

what do you mean by skin? any idea what the cardio surgeons former height and wingspan stats are  by any chance?

He went from 5‘5.5 to 5‘10. wingspan idk but looks about equal to old height (bc his wife has equal arm length) Do you think his arms look short? I think he has shorter humerus and longer forearms and hands but could be the photo. Overall he looks great and needs no AL or anything like that.

las vegas baby

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 02:51:25 PM »

the cardio surgeon went back to full activities. I didnt ask him about breathing. Im sure if that was a concern he wouldve told and it would have had a negative impact on his physical activities. I havent heard of anyone getting breathing difficulties.

las vegas baby

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 02:56:06 PM »

the point of this thread is to find examples of skin in the game.

Heres one example of NO skin in the game as an example: the founder of the synoste nail company is very short. He is finnish and looks tiny compared to everyone else. he invented a leg length nail. But he has not chosen to do leg length surgery on himself. he is an avid rock climber. He surely knows hes short and that leg lengthening exists. he invented a goddamn nail! But he has not done leg length surgery.

Serilium

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »

Ironically, Dr. Sarin.

He was willing to do it on his own daughter when she asked as a teen, just told her she had to finish school first. But as she grew older she decided she didn't want to do it so nothing happened, but the intent was there I guess.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »

People turn back because LL in and of itself is dangerous. However, if successful it's the biggest life changer and worth way more than any expensive car etc.

Also, the cardio guy did quadri in one surgery btw. One of the few cases where Paley implanted 4 nails in one go. Paley allowed him to do that bc he has knowledge about fat emboli as a cardio surgeon. I think he wanted to roll the dice :D

Serilium

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »

he also did rebreak surgery a few years later. and max out the nails or close to max out. so he didnt get all 4.5 inches in one go. still good

RealLostSoul

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 04:12:45 PM »

he also did rebreak surgery a few years later. and max out the nails or close to max out.

respect. so he did the 6 inches?
the picture is only 4.5 inches though right?

Serilium

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 04:38:49 PM »

respect. so he did the 6 inches?
the picture is only 4.5 inches though right?

actually i dont think he maxed out the nail. but he definitely did do a rebreak a year or two later. based on what i read I believe he did like the first 3 inches in one year, then rebroke everything and did the last 1.5 inch another year, something like that. I am certain he did a rebreak a year or more after he original surgeries, I have been trying to find the source for 30 minutes reading through paley's old faqs and website. he upgraded his stature lengthening website recently and thus alot of old stuff is missing so i think it's scrubbed from the internet, there was also a picture of the same guy hiking. i can't find it anymore, sad
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:01:41 PM by Serilium »

Serilium

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

Nevermind I was correct all along. Found the source. He did indeed max out his nails after a rebreak

Summary:
3.7 inches total first year.
1 Year later he did 0.7 inches to max out nail.

Total 4.4 inches

Keep in mind the old precice nail used to max out at 6.5cm. this was in 2013/2014

SOURCE (pictures and videos and testimony): https://paleyinstitute.org/centers-of-excellence/stature-lengthening/patient-testimonial/#/

las vegas baby

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 05:11:48 PM »

Ironically, Dr. Sarin.

He was willing to do it on his own daughter when she asked as a teen, just told her she had to finish school first. But as she grew older she decided she didn't want to do it so nothing happened, but the intent was there I guess.

really? thats interesting! But if she didnt go through with it then its very fishy.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »

Nevermind I was correct all along. Found the source. He did indeed max out his nails after a rebreak

Summary:
3.7 inches total first year.
1 Year later he did 0.7 inches to max out nail.

Total 4.4 inches

Keep in mind the old precice nail used to max out at 6.5cm. this was in 2013/2014

SOURCE (pictures and videos and testimony): https://paleyinstitute.org/centers-of-excellence/stature-lengthening/patient-testimonial/#/

Rebreaking for half an inch extra (probably paying another thousands of bucks). That‘s pretty wild lol

Serilium

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2021, 08:19:59 PM »

Rebreaking for half an inch extra (probably paying another thousands of bucks). That‘s pretty wild lol

He's a cardiac surgeon in his 50s. So imagine 20 years of being paid 500k+ a year on average He probably has more money saved up than he and his wife could ever use in 2 lifetimes and all his retirement funds maxed out. This is probably like us buying a month of groceries to him spending a few tens of grand on LL rebreak in terms of cost/wealth ratio. It's nothing 😂

RealLostSoul

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2021, 10:33:09 PM »

He's a cardiac surgeon in his 50s. So imagine 20 years of being paid 500k+ a year on average He probably has more money saved up than he and his wife could ever use in 2 lifetimes and all his retirement funds maxed out. This is probably like us buying a month of groceries to him spending a few tens of grand on LL rebreak in terms of cost/wealth ratio. It's nothing 😂

Lol LL is not only about money. I wouldn‘t want to endure surgery, pain, medication, radiation, recovery and rehabilitation for an inch let alone half an inch. He must have had a good experience else he wouldn‘t have done this.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 11:36:17 PM »

Are you guys sure he's a cardiac surgeon? I remember Paley mentioned a cardiac anesthesiologist and I thought that was vitruvius from the old forum...

Anyways, I think MyEvo has the most skin in the game. 8 CM femurs, went for tibias, had pre-consolidation, rebroke, had a deep osteomyelitis, recovered, and still mentioned that he would rebreak his femurs for another 3 inches if proportions wouldn't mess everything up (probably a joke). He came out with 15 cm or so I believe.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 11:40:25 PM »

Lol LL is not only about money. I wouldn‘t want to endure surgery, pain, medication, radiation, recovery and rehabilitation for an inch let alone half an inch. He must have had a good experience else he wouldn‘t have done this.

Maybe some form of OCD lol. I see a lot of people on these forums who just don't feel right if they their nail didn't get maxed out. I don't feel any difference in height at 8cm than I did at 6cm, but I know I would still be very tempted to eventually max the nail out if I stopped at 6cm.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Serilium

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 02:46:57 AM »

Are you guys sure he's a cardiac surgeon? I remember Paley mentioned a cardiac anesthesiologist and I thought that was vitruvius from the old forum...

Anyways, I think MyEvo has the most skin in the game. 8 CM femurs, went for tibias, had pre-consolidation, rebroke, had a deep osteomyelitis, recovered, and still mentioned that he would rebreak his femurs for another 3 inches if proportions wouldn't mess everything up (probably a joke). He came out with 15 cm or so I believe.

Oh I'm sorry. I dont know what speciality of doctor he is, I just assumed OP was correct. My bad, I deeply apologize for the misinformation.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 03:03:56 AM »

Oh I'm sorry. I dont know what speciality of doctor he is, I just assumed OP was correct. My bad, I deeply apologize for the misinformation.
No need to apologize at all. I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same person.

las vegas baby

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2021, 04:54:57 AM »

nah, he is a random dude. for real skin in the game you need someone closely involved in the leg length surgery ecosystem - surgeons, implant engineers, even radiologists, physician assistants or business people who are involved in the industry or general medical experts

Serilium

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2021, 05:14:45 AM »

plastic surgeon from mexico who went to debiparshad has skin in the game

las vegas baby

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 05:32:50 AM »

plastic surgeon from mexico who went to debiparshad has skin in the game

Yes! Wonder how he's doin

Serilium

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2021, 06:03:48 AM »

Yes! Wonder how he's doin

https://www.instagram.com/bodyartsurgical/?hl=en

this is his instagram. i assume if he can stand and do surgery for hours he's doing alright i guess XD
glad he went public. seems like a cool guy and good plastic surgeon
Pages: [1]   Go Up