Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Safety of Paying for LL in India - Past/Current Patients Pls Read  (Read 1403 times)

wintersleep96

• Visitor

I have decided on India and I am choosing between Sarin and Pradip Sharma.

I am slightly worried about payment. What is to stop them simply taking my money and not operating on me. Both require me to pay around $1000 to reserve spot and the remainder of the price before the surgery.

Do you/they sign anything before you pay the full amount? How did you trust them lol

Thanks very much for any advice,

Winter

BeYourBest

Re: Safety of Paying for LL in India - Past/Current Patients Pls Read
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »

You're going to have bigger problems than them taking your money.

Do your research. They will ruin your legs.

Okay, apologies, I do not know much about Sharma but Sarin is known as a "butcher" on this site.

Simply type their names on the search bar and see other people's experiences.

I hope you make a wise decision.

All the best

GrowTow

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 11:52:21 PM »

Ignore that sheep ^ The only bad Dr Sarin post i've seen in 2 years is the most recent one about Tallmf. Which isn't even the Drs fault if they bone doesn't grow back. The Dr does your surgery not predict whether your bone will heal or not, no disrespect to Tallmf but the same problem would've happened with any Dr he went to. Dr Sarin even offered him the correct surgery for him to heal, he just refused it and wants to reverse the surgery. It's not like his bone would've grown more if he had gone to Dr Paley, it's nothing to do with the Dr.

But about your question, you obviously just trust them, you'll meet several patients who done the exact same thing so you can obviously trust the Drs..
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

wintersleep96

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 12:04:58 AM »

Fairs mate thanks for your reply. Yes I have read all the Sarin diaries and, on balance, I think if I go for 5.5cm at a reasonable rate I have a good shot at a good recovery with him.

So you haven't had the surgery yet but you're planning on it in the future? I'm planning on going late July; I can let you know how I find Sarin (or whatever doc I end up going with) if you want.

M@kemetallER

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 12:39:44 AM »

what stops the bone from growing back?

Activatedx

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 01:12:51 AM »

I am slightly worried about payment. What is to stop them simply taking my money and not operating on me. Both require me to pay around $1000 to reserve spot and the remainder of the price before the surgery.

Do you/they sign anything before you pay the full amount? How did you trust them lol

Winter

No offense but a lot of people who do LL in India have complications. If price is your concern Russia is better, try dr solomin he is cheap and has 30+ years of experience

Neither of these are the “best” option, they won’t be as good as US or Europe but alot of Indian diaries I read didn’t go well except for parihar but he is expensive for an Indian doctor

Activatedx

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 01:14:15 AM »

Also I forgot to add yes there are a lot of scams with LL don’t go unless you’ve actually met the doctor in person because once you pay there is no way to get your money back

With a reputable hospital or doctor you don’t have to worry about that
I don’t know how reputable that doctor if he seems reputable and you’ve met him go for it

Activatedx

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 01:18:06 AM »

Ignore that sheep ^ The only bad Dr Sarin post i've seen in 2 years is the most recent one about Tallmf. Which isn't even the Drs fault if they bone doesn't grow back. The Dr does your surgery not predict whether your bone will heal or not, no disrespect to Tallmf but the same problem would've happened with any Dr he went to. Dr Sarin even offered him the correct surgery for him to heal, he just refused it and wants to reverse the surgery. It's not like his bone would've grown more if he had gone to Dr Paley, it's nothing to do with the Dr.

But about your question, you obviously just trust them, you'll meet several patients who done the exact same thing so you can obviously trust the Drs..

I’m sure He had growth deficiencies that’s why credible doctors don’t do Ll on people who are overweight or smokers or vitamin D (deficient unless they take supplements months before and get their level up)

Part of being a doctor is knowing not who to operate on

Example If I’m a doctor and you come to me for heart surgery and I know you won’t recover it is my job to let you know beforehand and refuse to operate

That’s why I admire doctors like giotikas ( I think it was him? Forgot but plaint is) when another LLer did a consult with him he denied him because he was a smoker, he said quit for at least 6 months before you talk to me

Akito

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 05:40:55 AM »

Winter

Hi
I had the same concern, when you save for months and years it should be the concern. But i paid the same way and later went to India all went well and smooth none money issues raise.
Talk to Harry he can help.

Beforeandafter

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 08:35:33 AM »

Fairs mate thanks for your reply. Yes I have read all the Sarin diaries and, on balance, I think if I go for 5.5cm at a reasonable rate I have a good shot at a good recovery with him.

So you haven't had the surgery yet but you're planning on it in the future? I'm planning on going late July; I can let you know how I find Sarin (or whatever doc I end up going with) if you want.
After said by most of LL'ers you are still mentioning Dr sarin. God bless you. And my personal opinion is may be he is offering cheaper price because of bad reputation and to attract the people.

BeYourBest

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »

You must be desperate going for cross lengthening in India.

I mean I’m Indian and still wouldn’t be going there

Each retard to their own retardation though. It is what it is.

BeYourBest

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »

I think we’ve all warned Winter enough. I understand some Sarin patients, old and new, may defend him. But Winter has heard both sides now. We’re all adults here. And certainly not anyone’s parents.

Learning to say my bit once and just leave cause there are lost people here lol.

wintersleep96

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2019, 10:45:45 AM »

I think we’ve all warned Winter enough. I understand some Sarin patients, old and new, may defend him. But Winter has heard both sides now. We’re all adults here. And certainly not anyone’s parents.

Learning to say my bit once and just leave cause there are lost people here lol.

Thanks BeYourBest - I agree with you. I appreciate everyone's input.while I didn't intend this to be a post about the quality of Indian surgeons I will address my reasons for choosing India.

Firstly, I am well aware of the risks with this surgery, they exist is you go with Paley, and yes they are higher if you go with a cheaper doctor hence the price. Russia is actually at a totally different price point right now, have spoken extensively so Solomin/Kulesh - when you add it all up you're looking almost double the price of India and I don't think the difference in probability of serious complication justifies that.

Although I have never been to India before, based on my research from the forums (been following old forum  and here since 2014) I don't think the results from Indian docs - mainly Sarin as he is the one you have all called out - justify the negativity. I mean if you're expecting to be running a marathon after 18 months you're gonna be disappointed, but how many patients have lengthened less than 6cm, at a good rate, and had serious complications? Lots have had very good recoveries. Dr Sarins (and Dr. Pradip) credentials/training/experience are strong for the price imo - all the Xrays I see from them look good (I have seen some shocking ones in the last 5 years and theirs look near perfect), I know there's a lot more to the process than that, I'm under no illusions about the risk/timeframe to recover - but I truly believe Indian docs are judged too harshly based on their results.

Anyway, rant over

Winter

BeYourBest

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2019, 10:55:32 PM »

Thanks BeYourBest - I agree with you. I appreciate everyone's input.while I didn't intend this to be a post about the quality of Indian surgeons I will address my reasons for choosing India.

Firstly, I am well aware of the risks with this surgery, they exist is you go with Paley, and yes they are higher if you go with a cheaper doctor hence the price. Russia is actually at a totally different price point right now, have spoken extensively so Solomin/Kulesh - when you add it all up you're looking almost double the price of India and I don't think the difference in probability of serious complication justifies that.

Although I have never been to India before, based on my research from the forums (been following old forum  and here since 2014) I don't think the results from Indian docs - mainly Sarin as he is the one you have all called out - justify the negativity. I mean if you're expecting to be running a marathon after 18 months you're gonna be disappointed, but how many patients have lengthened less than 6cm, at a good rate, and had serious complications? Lots have had very good recoveries. Dr Sarins (and Dr. Pradip) credentials/training/experience are strong for the price imo - all the Xrays I see from them look good (I have seen some shocking ones in the last 5 years and theirs look near perfect), I know there's a lot more to the process than that, I'm under no illusions about the risk/timeframe to recover - but I truly believe Indian docs are judged too harshly based on their results.

Anyway, rant over

Winter

That’s fair man.

Anyway, have you met up in person with any of his ex patients?  I think that would be the best way to find out the truth really.

wintersleep96

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 03:55:29 PM »

That’s fair man.

Anyway, have you met up in person with any of his ex patients?  I think that would be the best way to find out the truth really.

I have spoken to some on the phone, not in person. I take your point; it is possible lots of people have bad results and don't make a diary, but I personally think people who have bad experiences are more inclined to make a dairy.

BeYourBest

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »

...  but I personally think people who have bad experiences are more inclined to make a dairy.

On the other hand they may not because they don’t want to p*ss of the doc

wintersleep96

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »

On the other hand they may not because they don’t want to p*ss of the doc

Of course, that is very likely an effect. But picture that the dr did fk you up; you may be inclined not to share this while staying near them/in the guesthouse. But one day (probably after a few months) you will return to your home country and you would be very inclined to share your negative experience then, especially if you felt like you didn't want to piss of your dr previously.

BeYourBest

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 10:56:34 PM »

Of course, that is very likely an effect. But picture that the dr did fk you up; you may be inclined not to share this while staying near them/in the guesthouse. But one day (probably after a few months) you will return to your home country and you would be very inclined to share your negative experience then, especially if you felt like you didn't want to piss of your dr previously.

Yeah, I can agree with that

Bonez

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »

What is to stop them simply taking my money and not operating on me.

I mean if you don't trust the doc with your money than you shouldn't trust him with your legs

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »

I have been to India ... a few times .. I will definitely not get any surgery there or pay anyone for a service.. after my experience there ... I have seen mass corruption ... in hospitals... police .. most government departments and most citizens
Pages: [1]   Go Up