Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur to Tibia Ratio, Tibial Lengthening  (Read 617 times)

Resilience

Femur to Tibia Ratio, Tibial Lengthening
« on: June 27, 2019, 08:15:41 PM »

Hi community,

I am unable to perform femoral lengthening due to a hip implant and have to opt for tibial lengthening. My femurs measure at approx. 15" while by tibia's are approx. 13". I stand at a measly height of 5'4" and want to push for as much gain as possible. I've read that 6.5cm is the absolute maximum for tibias, although, I'd love to push for 8cm.

How odd would my proportions be if I push for tibial lengthening? How common do patients with Precise/STRYDE gain 8cm with Tibial Lengthening?

All the best,
Resilience

Activatedx

Re: Femur to Tibia Ratio, Tibial Lengthening
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 09:14:59 PM »

Hi community,

I am unable to perform femoral lengthening due to a hip implant and have to opt for tibial lengthening. My femurs measure at approx. 15" while by tibia's are approx. 13". I stand at a measly height of 5'4" and want to push for as much gain as possible. I've read that 6.5cm is the absolute maximum for tibias, although, I'd love to push for 8cm.

How odd would my proportions be if I push for tibial lengthening? How common do patients with Precise/STRYDE gain 8cm with Tibial Lengthening?

All the best,
Resilience

Long tibias are attractive which is why most people go for tibias instead of femurs. Long femurs look weird, your tibias are naturally shorter than femurs, unproportionally long tibias still looks okay

But yeah 8cm is out of your mind lmao. Anyone saying they did 8cm and had full recovery is probably lying. Unless you’re a dwarf with extra soft tissue the maximum would be 6-6.5cm and that by itself is going to be  really difficult. I think there was a guy who did 7.5cm on tibias but he was 5’7, the taller you are the longer you can lengthen. At 5’4 I wouldn’t go past 6.5 unless your body allows it. Get to 6.5 first if you can then try going more but I doubt you would be able to. Don’t use precise, you won’t walk for months. With stryde it’s 10% higher price but you’ll walk maybe a week after surgery which will speed up your recovery and make life wayyyy easier

Resilience

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 11:15:41 PM »

It's a bummer that 6.5cm is the abs. max. I need every cm I can get. I lied, I'm just under 5'5" in the morning. 2.5 inches places me between 5'6 1/2" - 5'7". I'd do femoral lengthening in a heartbeat if it wasn't such a risk to my hip implant.

Activatedx

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 11:22:24 PM »

It's a bummer that 6.5cm is the abs. max. I need every cm I can get. I lied, I'm just under 5'5" in the morning. 2.5 inches places me between 5'6 1/2" - 5'7". I'd do femoral lengthening in a heartbeat if it wasn't such a risk to my hip implant.

6.5cm is good bro. Trust me, if you’re 5 4 1/2 that’ll put you at 5.7 barefoot.Wear some good shoes and you’ll be 5’8 you’ll look average. 5’7 is the range where you’re not constitutionally short. Being 5’4 or 5’5 is below or at at 5th percentile.

Resilience

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 03:44:21 AM »

You're right. I can work with 5'7". I have 2-3 inch insoles in my shoes and they're killing me. They're super noticeable for the first part, and they're super uncomfortable too. I literally can't find a single pair of shoes that can boost my height from 5'4' to 5'7' without jeopardizing discreteness, comfort and mobility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up