Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giotikas a fraud or a good option? Good overall reputation but fishy details  (Read 1576 times)

Activatedx

By 2020 I will have enough funds for giotikas God willing, I am about 80% there right now. Want to do stryde and tsf with giotikas. However his stryde price is fishy, it’s cheap as India, the nails are very pricey themselves. 43,775-> usd= 49,179, I don’t see How he can cover cost of nails and hospital and anesthesia fees

My second concern is, he seems to have a good reputation in this forum but I couldn’t really find any information or proof with substance. He doesn’t have nearly as much experience as a lot of other doctors, however seemingly is looked up to as a really good doctor. He doesn’t have any CLL photos he could provide in the interview. I wanted to do either tsf and stryde or tsf and p2 with him by next summer.

Can anyone who has followed this forum for a while or who has info about him provide it good or bad

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

New docs all have hype around them because people get excited for alternative options. In the case of Giotikas it's largely people thinking he's in Europe and his prices are cheaper so therefore he's the best new option. We don't have a track record to base how good he is though, so there's a bit of a gamble. I was Dr Parihar's first international cosmetic patient and definitely took a gamble in that sense, but it turned out great for me. So Giotikas might be worth the risk to people who don't have prior cases to base their decision on.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Activatedx

New docs all have hype around them because people get excited for alternative options. In the case of Giotikas it's largely people thinking he's in Europe and his prices are cheaper so therefore he's the best new option. We don't have a track record to base how good he is though, so there's a bit of a gamble. I was Dr Parihar's first international cosmetic patient and definitely took a gamble in that sense, but it turned out great for me. So Giotikas might be worth the risk to people who don't have prior cases to base their decision on.

In your personal opinion would you go with dr.mahboubian of giotikas?

Only thing I feel is mahboubian really advertises cll and from personal obversation this is a slight red flag

MirinHeight

Only thing I feel is mahboubian really advertises cll and from personal obversation this is a slight red flag

hes not a "fraud"
if you look at the consultations and questions asked to him, he answers them honestly with integrity and also is very conservative when it comes to leg lengthening.

He does not lie about how many cases he has done and he does not advertise LL either. He is a consultant trauma surgeon and has a PhD alongside an MD for deformity correction and has published many papers.

He does have a lack of experience in Cosmetic leg lengthening but he is definitely a smart and honest orthopedic surgeon. All his diaries so far have been very positive. 

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

sylar94

I think he has great education but not much experience
when he gets more experience, im sure his prices will be much higher

Movie

No Brainer Mahboubian, proof or successful procedures (diaries) and in the US ... top notch service. I wouldn't completely discard Giotikas though, but there's just not many if not at all 100% successful diaries of him YET. I was torn between these two doctors as well and ultimately ended up consulting Mahboubian and scheduled surgery for early August with him
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Andy

• Rough situations don't last, rough people do.

No Brainer Mahboubian, proof or successful procedures (diaries) and in the US ... top notch service. I wouldn't completely discard Giotikas though, but there's just not many if not at all 100% successful diaries of him YET. I was torn between these two doctors as well and ultimately ended up consulting Mahboubian and scheduled surgery for early August with him
You chose Mahboubian, so now you psychologically need to defend your choice... to yourself rather anyone else!.. As far as I am concerned, I'll get the same or better service for a fraction of the price. U.S. cannot be competitive to Europe anymore on the value for money ratio on medical services of all sorts  and most US doctors seem to gradually realize that. Best of  luck in LA...I mean it.

Activatedx

How does he charge around 43k euro for stryde? The nails by themselves are really expensive, plus hospital fees and PT etc

Leggs

However his stryde price is fishy, it’s cheap as India, the nails are very pricey themselves. 43,775-> usd= 49,179, I don’t see How he can cover cost of nails and hospital and anesthesia fees

My second concern is, he seems to have a good reputation in this forum but I couldn’t really find any information or proof with substance. He doesn’t have nearly as much experience as a lot of other doctors, however seemingly is looked up to as a really good doctor. He doesn’t have any CLL photos he could provide in the interview. I wanted to do either tsf and stryde or tsf and p2 with him by next summer.

Can anyone who has followed this forum for a while or who has info about him provide it good or bad

How does he charge around 43k euro for stryde? The nails by themselves are really expensive, plus hospital fees and PT etc

Let math do the work for you to answer some of your questions.

Dr. Giotikas pays 27,825 Euros for two STRYDE nails. That's $31,400 U.S. Dollars.

Dr. Giotikas charges 45,745 Euros (New Price Beginning In Sept). That's $51,600 U.S. Dollars.

$51,600 - $31,400 = $20,200 to pay for surgeon fees, anesthesia, hospital, physical therapy, etc..

As far as experience is concerned. Over 100 lengthening cases per year for the last five years is definitely not a novice, but it's nowhere near the level of Dr. Paley, Dr. Rozbruch, or Dr. Donghoon Lee. So yes, he's inexperienced compared to those three doctors, but he's not lacking experience when it comes to limb lengthening. There's a difference.

Activatedx

Let math do the work for you to answer some of your questions.

Dr. Giotikas pays 27,825 Euros for two STRYDE nails. That's $31,400 U.S. Dollars.

Dr. Giotikas charges 45,745 Euros (New Price Beginning In Sept). That's $51,600 U.S. Dollars.

$51,600 - $31,400 = $20,200 to pay for surgeon fees, anesthesia, hospital, physical therapy, etc..

As far as experience is concerned. Over 100 lengthening cases per year for the last five years is definitely not a novice, but it's nowhere near the level of Dr. Paley, Dr. Rozbruch, or Dr. Donghoon Lee. So yes, he's inexperienced compared to those three doctors, but he's not lacking experience when it comes to limb lengthening. There's a difference.

Do you know of any CLL patient that has done stryde with him or is doing stryde?

Also why does he not have any previous CLL photos, how did you know he has 100 lengthening cases can you provide a link please?

Thanks leggs

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All

I'm liking Dr Giotikas too.I'm hoping to get 6cm with LON bringing me to roughly 5ft 8. His credentials seem really good , so hopefully there's a few more diaries before my time.

Activatedx

I'm liking Dr Giotikas too.I'm hoping to get 6cm with LON bringing me to roughly 5ft 8. His credentials seem really good , so hopefully there's a few more diaries before my time.

Tbh he only seems good because he barely has any reputation. There is only one diary from jolien and although it’s good I’m still not convinced based on one diary, small chance it could be fake even if I doubt it is but I want to do stryde and I don’t want to be the very first stryde patient

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All

Yeah I personally wouldn't want to be the first to have STRYDE , hopefully there's a few more diaries soon.

legpatient

• Visitor

Tbh he only seems good because he barely has any reputation. There is only one diary from jolien and although it’s good I’m still not convinced based on one diary, small chance it could be fake even if I doubt it is but I want to do stryde and I don’t want to be the very first stryde patient

There are other diaries by Giotikas Patients not only Jolien. You can read Zakika, Great321...

sylar94

Until now nobody had bad complications with Giotikas, but he did only tibias
i hope he becomes the Paley of Europe
in my opinion, at this moment we have no trustworthy doctor with Precise in Europe
Pages: [1]   Go Up